Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SHOULD WE PUT ON TRIAL THE PERPETRETORS OF "WHITE TERROR"???

NETSANET:
TIME AND TIME AGAIN I reiterated that I hate no one. What I hate in life is hate itself. Hate eats you up and finally drives you crazy. That is what happened to Hitler. I tell you again I DON'T hate EPRP or its ex-members. I DON't also hate "the present day EPRP", if there is ONE. National reconcillation is all about immunity from criminal prosecution. EPRP, MEISON, TPLF, DERG etc garbages have committed a heinous crimes against the Ethiopian people. The victims should be able to claim COMPENSATION from the leaders of such criminal groups (GANGS). I see no earthly reason why you hate this idea. Do you want Meles Zenawi to go away with all what he did? Let us exempt him from criminal liabilty, but not from civil liability. It is the individuals right. You can't suppress it. Under criminal law, if convicted, you lose your liberty and life, as the case maybe. Under the civil law, if found to be at fault, your property is at stake. Your pocket is under attack. I am saying we don't want to go against your liberty or life. We want to attack your pocket and make you pay in the form of COMPENSATION to your victims. This is all what I am saying. Please don't be annoyingly adamant. Face the truth. Meles killed over 40 innocent persons recently. Don't you think he should atleast pay compensation from the money he looted from the Ethiopian people. The Ethiopian people should not pay a cent in the form of compensation for what the fascist Meles did. The same holds true with EPRP, MEISON etc garbages. Your accusations are unwarranted. If I had directly or indirectly been in any fascistic act, be it red or white terror, I wouldn't have come up with this idea. If you were in the white terror, don't hesitate to accept responsibility and be willing to pay compensation to the family of your victims. Targa meletef, forwarding unwarranted accusation and defamation are cheap weyane tricks. Please don't use them. Please don't think anyone who condemns EPRP's fascistic act is a derg or red terror participant etc. EPRP is conspicuosly hated, unpopular and mafia type organisation. I am here in Addis. Soon after weyane assumed power anti red terror committee was set up. I said if we need to bring a rule of law in this country, we have to set up also anti white terror committee. I drafted a constitution for the committee and went to the then Ministry of Law and Justice for registration. They refused to give the committee a legal personality. I argued furiously. But was of no avail. I told them putting on trial red terror guys alone is NOT justice. It is a VENDETTA. they laughed and tried to redicule me. I went again to the authorities and told them instead of putting on trial only red terror guys, it is better to go for national reconcillation. They said such decision can not be made by we the bureaucrats. They were right. I had/have no access to any weyane politician and now am simply watching the drama. Let me ask you a simple question. What is your dearest possession in life? Of course life itself. Now, why are you against the idea of compensating all those who lost their dearest possession in life i.e life itself by EPRP fascists? Do you think killing innocent people is different if done by EPRP? Are you saying if EPRP kills it is correct and just???!!! Are you saying if MEISON, DERG, TPLF kills, it is wrong and unjust???!!! If I say Meles should pay compensation, you shoot up from your seat and say yessssssssss, yes, yes, he has to pay it. If I say MEISON, DERG should pay compensation, you again shoot up from your seat and say yessssssssss, yes, yes, those *******s have to pay. What makes EPRP's crime different from the rest???!!! Is/was EPRP licensed to commit crimes of any kind???!!! Is/was EPRP a licensed serial killer???!!! I know you have no answer. You will simply come and say "you hate EPRP'. ****ttttttttttttttt....This is absolutely rubbish. Please use your brain. It is God's wonderful gift. Keep an open mind. Don't be stupidly adamant and stubborn. It is flexibilty and creativity that make every man perfect and productive. Don't Don't Don't hundred and one times DON'T have a faith type allegiance to any political group. Try to have a critical mind. Don't reduce your brain to a trash box (can) wherein any garbage is thrown into. BYE MY DEAR. GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

Re: SHOULD WE PUT ON TRIAL THE PERPETRETORS OF "WHITE TERROR"???

Hagere Ethiopia:
I think you don't know EPRP guys. They are adamant, know all, still fascistic in their deeds. They are also undemocratic by their nature. Netsanet, for instance, instead of posting a response to your comment, she was begging the moderator to ban you. As you can't get a dove from a snakes egg, don't expect a fair and democratic stance from the so called EPRP guys. They are the most incorrigible, unrepenting mad dogs who ever walked on this planet.

Email: at@yahoo.com

I am impressed by your statement "what I hate most is hate itself". It is a golden idea if you really mean it. But my question is
"Who and how is going to be decidedwho is a criminal and who is not?".
How can we get the criminals outside the country including col. Mengistu?
How about those criminals of the former regime such as Hailu Shawel whom managed to abandon any document related to their crimes while they wee in office?

I think thes are the central problems associated with this issue. Otherwise any person with a right mind should accept the principle that any criminal should face justice as there will be no peace and stabilty without serving justice. And this is basically against the call for "a unity gov't" its central theme is to mean immunity to the DERG-Meason criminals who have blood on their hands. If any body in the EPRDF or the CUD or any other group has commited any crime it must be ready to face justice

City: WDC

Re: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/4/20/2260/62182

By Mr. vqp: n ways to deal with ruthless dictators
The world would be a better place if all countries were run by caring leaders, dedicated to do their best to get the favour of the voters.
But as we all know, not all countries are like that. Some of them are ruled by merciless dictators that subjugate vast percentages of the population. External states should help those majorities but they currently lack a proven succesful method for that task. I'll present a short list of deliberately naive options; some of them tested in world case scenarios. Left to the debate are the different historic interpretations and suggestions of new methods of dealing with this problem
Here is a list of possible actions in no particular order, with my humble and dumb opinions embedded.
1 - Formal sanctions (UN suspension e.g.)
This would be useless since dictators usually don't care about external opinions but those from his inner circle, or inner voices.It would be more effective to prevent the state's participation in the Soccer World Cup or in the Olympics.

2 - Economic sanctions
These could be harmful if the population starves while the dictator keeps his privileges and enjoys a rich lifestyle. Dictators usually tend to ignore their peoples' fate, otherwise they would celebrate elections.

3 - Financial support to dissident
This would probably be useless. If the people of the state weren't able to kick out the dictator by themselves then financial support won't help them do it.

4 - Strong support to dissidents
This could be dangerous, since helping violent people to power could eventually turn them in to our well-trained enemies.

5 - Targeted Murder
This is also potentially dangerous because of the risk that locals could turn the dead dictator into a martyr, thus giving his followers an unusually strong argument to fight. Remember that dictatorships are usually supported by 25%-30% of the population.

6 - Invasion
This could turn out to be expensive in several ways. The casualties of war can be high and it might destroy the country it is intended to help. It could also increase the level of nationalism in the country which can be exploited by the dictator (who, as you might guess, knows his own people better than foreigners do).

7 - Let them be, but build a wall around them
This could be a temporary solution whilst the dictator ages and dies. It would however only work if the dictator is not too aggressive with his neighbors. The success of this solution would depend on the geographic constraints.

8 - Nuke them
This would be the worst option of them all, since you would be killing the ones that you are intending to protect, and fallout radiation would prevent further occupation. On top of this, the dictator would probably have a better chance of survival than the innocent populace. (**** what do we do with the arsenal, should we pay the defense contractors again to dismantle them?)

9 - Offer the population the chance to emigrate to other countries
Although possible, this solution has not proven to be effective. It would be easy for the dictator to quickly set up rules to stop the emigration, and possible racial and social problems may arise due to the immigrants.

10 - Brainwash population with TV and radio broadcasts
This would probably not be enough. It might help other actions but it is unlikely that it would generate strong movements.

11 - Leave them alone (Contributed by undermyne)
Maybe no action is better than intromision, is there an equivalent of Smith's "invisible hand" for political issues?. One potential problem with this solution is Hollywood's lack of ideas for "tough guy"-movies

12 - Appeasement (Contributed by adimovk5)
Let the dictator have whatever he wants. Hopefully he will be satisfied at some point and live in peace with his neighbors.

13 - Active Support (Contributed by TuringTest2002 and Danzig)
Different from appeasement in that you sincerely believe the dictator's intelligence and/or moral fiber is/are above the average of his country's, so you think that there is no way in hell that he can make things any worse than the citizens could do to themselves.

Email: ATITEGEB-at@yahoo.com

Debalkie:
We can start from the fascist Meles Naziawi. He is at home and can easily put in "kerchele" at least for 40 innocent guys he killed recently. Meles should be responsible too for his crimes when he was in the jungle. He should be responsible for killing the famous human right activist, Assefa Maru. Meles NAZIAW should also be responsible for killing hundreds of his jungle mates with a poison, cynide. Meles should be responsible for killing all EPRP guys captured by TPLF before EPRP crumbled into the dust. The famous EPRP leader Tsegaye G/Medhin was directly killed by Meles Naziaw by cynide poison. Regarding Hailu Shawl, there is NO guilt by association. We can set up a grand jury to investigate the matter. I assure you Hailu Shawl has nothing to do with red, white etc terrors. Weyane would have put him in prison if Meles had the remotest possibility that Hailu Shawl is in any way implicated. Rather Dr. Fasil Nahum was an active participant of red terror. He even wrote an article in whic he argued red terror has a revolutionary legality. Then came the famous slogan "kehulum belay abiyotu". I don't want all TPLF fascist to face criminal charges. I just want them to pay compensation for the tens of thousands of innocent lives they mercilessly destroyed. This is how we can have national reconcillation. But this can work only and ony TPLF fascists are right now willing to repect the voice of the people expressed on the last election.

Debalkie:
We can start from the fascist Meles Naziawi. He is at home and can easily put in "kerchele" at least for 40 innocent guys he killed recently. Meles should be responsible too for his crimes when he was in the jungle. He should be responsible for killing the famous human right activist, Assefa Maru. Meles NAZIAWI should also be responsible for killing hundreds of his jungle mates with a poison, cynide. Meles should be responsible for killing all EPRP guys captured by TPLF before EPRP crumbled into the dust. The famous EPRP leader Tsegaye G/Medhin was directly killed by Meles Naziaw by cynide poison. Regarding Hailu Shawl, there is NO guilt by association. We can set up a grand jury to investigate the matter. I assure you Hailu Shawl has nothing to do with red, white etc terrors. Weyane would have long ago put him in prison if Meles had the remotest suspicion that Hailu Shawl is in any way implicated. Do you know that I know a guy imprisoned for 6 years by name sake. After 6 years imprisonment they forced to appear on the notorious ETV and thank the gov't for releasing him after "meticulous" examination of the case. I met the guy and made some research. The guy lost his child due to malnutrition. His wife became a diabetic because of hunger. And he is hypertensive. The worst of all he lost his job and didn't get even a dime. At this juncture, it is prudent to talk about red terrorists working with Weyane. Dr. Fasil Nahum was an active participant of red terror. He even wrote an article in which he emphatically argued red terror has a revolutionary legality. He even praised the RED TERRORISTS. Then came the famous slogan "kehulum belay abiyotu". I don't want all TPLF fascist to face criminal charges. I just want them to pay compensation for the tens of thousands of innocent lives they mercilessly destroyed. This is how we can have national reconcillation. But this can work only and ony TPLF fascists are right now willing to respect the voice of the people expressed on the last election.

I totally agree that we can start from Meles for it is a very fresh crime. Not only that. His crime is very serious. He worked hard for the disintegration of Ethiopia. He compromised the territorial integrity of Ethiopia. China is still fighting for Taiwan. China got back Honkkong. Traitor Meles wrote a letter to the UN acknowledging the separation of Eritrea. He made 73 million people land locked. And he mocked at us by saying we can get port by paying rent. He is such a rubbish.

Email: gwaka@yahoo.com