Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does EPRP has a place in Ethiopian politics? Is it fighting for a lost cause?

NETSANET:
TIME AND TIME AGAIN I reiterated that I hate no one. What I hate in life is hate itself. Hate eats you up and finally drives you crazy. That is what happened to Hitler. I tell you again I DON'T hate EPRP or its ex-members. I DON't also hate "the present day EPRP", if there is ONE. National reconcillation is all about immunity from criminal prosecution. EPRP, MEISON, TPLF, DERG etc garbages have committed a heinous crimes against the Ethiopian people. The victims should be able to claim COMPENSATION from the leaders of such criminal groups (GANGS). I see no earthly reason why you hate this idea. Do you want Meles Zenawi to go away with all what he did? Let us exempt him from criminal liabilty, but not from civil liability. It is the individuals right. You can't suppress it. Under criminal law, if convicted, you lose your liberty and life, as the case maybe. Under the civil law, if found to be at fault, your property is at stake. Your pocket is under attack. I am saying we don't want to go against your liberty or life. We want to attack your pocket and make you pay in the form of COMPENSATION to your victims. This is all what I am saying. Please don't be annoyingly adamant. Face the truth. Meles killed over 40 innocent persons recently. Don't you think he should atleast pay compensation from the money he looted from the Ethiopian people. The Ethiopian people should not pay a cent in the form of compensation for what the fascist Meles did. The same holds true with EPRP, MEISON etc garbages. Your accusations are unwarranted. If I had directly or indirectly been in any fascistic act, be it red or white terror, I wouldn't have come up with this idea. If you were in the white terror, don't hesitate to accept responsibility and be willing to pay compensation to the family of your victims. Targa meletef, forwarding unwarranted accusation and defamation are cheap weyane tricks. Please don't use them. Please don't think anyone who condemns EPRP's fascistic act is a derg or red terror participant etc. EPRP is conspicuosly hated, unpopular and mafia type organisation. I am here in Addis. Soon after weyane assumed power anti red terror committee was set up. I said if we need to bring a rule of law in this country, we have to set up also anti white terror committee. I drafted a constitution for the committee and went to the then Ministry of Law and Justice for registration. They refused to give the committee a legal personality. I argued furiously. But was of no avail. I told them putting on trial red terror guys alone is NOT justice. It is a VENDETTA. they laughed and tried to redicule me. I went again to the authorities and told them instead of putting on trial only red terror guys, it is better to go for national reconcillation. They said such decision can not be made by we the bureaucrats. They were right. I had/have no access to any weyane politician and now am simply watching the drama. Let me ask you a simple question. What is your dearest possession in life? Of course life itself. Now, why are you against the idea of compensating all those who lost their dearest possession in life i.e life itself by EPRP fascists? Do you think killing innocent people is different if done by EPRP? Are you saying if EPRP kills it is correct and just???!!! Are you saying if MEISON, DERG, TPLF kills, it is wrong and unjust???!!! If I say Meles should pay compensation, you shoot up from your seat and say yessssssssss, yes, yes, he has to pay it. If I say MEISON, DERG should pay compensation, you again shoot up from your seat and say yessssssssss, yes, yes, those *******s have to pay. What makes EPRP's crime different from the rest???!!! Is/was EPRP licensed to commit crimes of any kind???!!! Is/was EPRP a licensed serial killer???!!! I know you have no answer. You will simply come and say "you hate EPRP'. ****ttttttttttttttt....This is absolutely rubbish. Please use your brain. It is God's wonderful gift. Keep an open mind. Don't be stupidly adamant and stubborn. It is flexibilty and creativity that make every man perfect and productive. Don't Don't Don't hundred and one times DON'T have a faith type allegiance to any political group. Try to have a critical mind. Don't reduce your brain to a trash box (can) wherein any garbage is thrown into. BYE MY DEAR. GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

Re: Does EPRP has a place in Ethiopian politics? Is it fighting for a lost cause?

Hagere,

You are wasting your time coping and pasting.You must be expert on copying and pasting. I can see you don't have anything more.

Our attention right now is on WOYANE.Let's leave the judgement for the Ethiopian people. They know who killed their sons and daughters.

I am a long time follower of this forum and a first time poster. I passed through that era of the braves. When individuals were ready to sacrifice their only life for betterment of society and for their principle. I lost couple of extremely intelligent relatives and friends during the era. Those people died under the banner and leadership of EPRP. EPRP and its members were victimized by almost all political organizations that appeared in the political life of the country. MESON, DERG, SEDED, ELF, EPLF, TLF, TPLF … all at one time or another made the popular movement led by EPRP as their main enemy.

If truth be told ….. Let us answer some of the accusations thrown from some of you in this board, especially from hagere-Ethiopia. If you want sincere discussion on the subject … Where, who and how did EPRP killed all those people? How could it commit such viscous crime when it does not even have political power? I stand on the opposite spectrum of this accusation. What I and the people of Ethiopia everywhere (in AA, Jimma, Nazeret, Dessie, Mekele, etc) remember is the terror perpetuated by DERG and his Cadres against members and supporters of EPRP. The red terror which was designed to literally wipe out EPRP from Ethiopia’s political forum killed thousands of young, vibrant, selfless, extremely intelligent Ethiopians. Their alleged crime was being a member or supporter of EPRP. So the history most Ethiopians know is, EPRP as a victim not the other way around.

Having said that though I would like to change gear and agree with Ellenni. EPRP has made some critical mistakes. The major one, in my opinion, was its urban armed defense (strugle). Also, its unplanned growth and the power infatuation of some of its leaders can be mentioned as some of the immense errors commited by EPRP.

I am not current member or supporter of EPRP. Other than some online news about the organization I don’t even have time to find out what their current political program is. However, I really admire those who carry the banner of the organization if, as in the past, EPRP has the interest of the people at its heart. It is easy to change name and organization, like Dr. Nega (By the way I am a friend and admirer of him), and move on in life. But it requires courage and devotion to carry the banner of the people, after years of beating, both in arms and propaganda, from all corners of the DERG, TPLF, etc. for over 28 years.

If you really think of it, most of the non TPLF rulers of Ethiopia are/were members of EPRP.(???)

yours truly

Adam:
Are you saying EPRP didn't slaughter professors, doctors and highly learnt scholars? Are you saying EPRP didn't kill Dr. Mekonnen Shegene (some say he was a Masters holder from Harvard)? Are you saying EPRP didn't kill Dr. Fikre Merid? Are you saying EPRP didn't hang in public a 16 years old disabled boy at Medhanialem School? Are you saying EPRP didn't kill hundreds of Kebele Temerachoch? Are you saying EPRP didn't kill journalis Yeshualul Mengistu (a young female journalist)? With such outrageous denial we can't have a structured discussion. I advise Hagere Ethiopia not to reply to your rubbish posting. You are absolutely rubbish. It is better to admit mistakes and seek apology from the Ethiopian people. I am quite certain you will do same thing if by some miracle you come to power. God help us from wolves like you

Email: elleni@yahoo.com

Netsanet:
I knew well ahead of time that you have nothing to say. I have rendered you tongue tied. This time around you didn't say "you hate EPRP". That was your famous chorous. Now, you accuse me of cut and paste. I didn't commit plagiarism. What I cut and paste is my own writings. SO WHAT? It is because you couldn't understand my point. I felt like telling you repeatedly. Can I add more? Your mind is not that receptive to the truth, the truth bounced from your mind many times and I did tell you 3 or 4 times. I can do it more, if you wish to.

Adam:
I didn't say Derg didn't kill EPRP members. I didn't say Derg didn't commit heinous crime. I didn't say Derg didn't commit attrocities. I didn't say many intelligent and cream of the creams were not wiped out by the Derg. I didn't say EPRP members didn't pay the ultimate sacrifice. Rather I did say the Derg guys should pay compensation to the families of the victims i.e the mothers and fathers of killed EPRP guys. But the same should hold true when it comes to EPRP also. I am saying EPRP's crime is no less than the Derg. Just like Derg EPRP killed Drs, Professors, highly learnt scholars, kids as young as 16 years old, poor guys like "yesetegna adari", "zebegna", "yeken serategna (kuli)" etc. Just because EPRP killed their fathers and mothers many children have died of malnutrition. Just because EPRP killed their husbands, mothers and fathers many woman have becaome prostitutes. EPRP killed its own members too labeling them as "anja". EPRP supported the ziad bare invasion in 1975. EPRP brought a mercenary from SHABIA to kill Mengistu H/M. EPRP supported the Shabia's banditry. EPRP supported the disintegration of Ethiopia. EPRP in its useless paper (organ) called "Democracia" openly and without shame supported the sucession of Ethiopia. There was no single issue of "democracia" in which something was not said about shabia, Eritrea garbages. EPRP should be responsible to all these unspeakable Hitler era type attrocities. I am saying EPRP is comparable the Nazi and Mussoloni. So is Derg, MEISON, TPLF etc garbages. PERIOD.

Hagere,

In your latest response to Nestanet, you wrote:

"I am saying EPRP is comparable the Nazi and Mussoloni. So is Derg, MEISON, TPLF etc garbages. PERIOD."

I think you lost your mind. By the way do you

include CUD leaders such as Hailu Shawel, Colonel Goshu Wolde,etc? Or is there any exception?

Hiwot

Hiwot,

You brought a good question for the so called "Hagere" which actually is "hagere afirash". While he open his arogant mouth on EPRP, he didn't even say a word about those DERGS within CUD who slaughtered so many young Ethiopians. We all know that some of the leaders of CUD have actively participated with Derg.

Whether he like it or not EPRP will be there in Ethiopian politics.I can't even think Ethiopian politcis without EPRP. Believe it or not, even the policicians right now on the other side are either former EPRP members or have learned from EPRP. EPRP is always a leader in Ethiopian politics.

Azirtachew

Hiwot, Azirtachew etc zemen yemotebachehu garbages:
Listen to me. I said time and time again there is NO guilt by association. I didn't say all members of the fascist EPRP or Derg or Meison etc garbages are responsible. Hailu Shawel was just a technocrat. He was NOT even a member of ISEPA. I think you are intellectually sub normal. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been forced to say same thing repeatedly. If you think terrorism perpetrated by EPRP is just, that is your privilege. The Ethiopian people don't accept such garbage. You still try to praise EPRP. Very funny. For what? For killing Doctors, professors, and poor people all over the country. There is NO heroism in killing Dr Mekonnen Shegene, a guy who was serving his country with one hand and one leg. There is NO heroism by killing Dr. Fikre Merid, who was one of the best profeesors of the Law Faculty of AAU. There is NO heroism by killing a 16 years old disabled boy at Medhanialem School. There is NO heroism by killing "yeshiling" setegna adari. There is No heroism by killing yeken serategna. There is NO heroism by killing hundreds of its own members by labeling them "anjas". There is no heroism by killing Getachew Maru, cutting his body into pieces and dumping his body in a garbage corner of Addis. There is NO heroism by killing a 72 years old man who was bed ridden. (EPRP killed this guy in attempt to kill his son who was allegedly a MEISON member.) There is NO heroism by throwing high school kids from the fourth floor to their death. You useless zemen yemotebachihu garbages surprise me very much when I see you adamantly arguing in favor of EPRP.

Is it a sheer coincidence that WEYANES and EPRP garbages are attacking HAGERE ETHIOPIA in unison? Not at all! They are actually one and the same. It is power struggle that lets them appear different. When two men ride a horse both can not be at the front. TPLF fascists are here in defense of EPRP fasdcists. It is like Nazi defending Mussolini. Alas! everything is becoming crystal clear

Email: gwaka@yahoo.com

Hagere Ethiopia:
I read all your comments. You are always with facts and figures. You have in all your comments stated factual situations. You have listed down those cream of creams slaughtered by EPRP fascists. EPRPs and TPLF morones come and say "EPRP is an angel", "EPRP is great" etc. They have NOT in one instance denied that they killed Drs, professors, setegna adaris, ken serategnoch, high school kids and a 16 years old disabled boy. They have not denied that they allied with shabia and jebha. They have NOT denied that they fully supported Ziad Bare of Somalia during the invasion of Ziad Bare in 1975. They have NOT denied they brought a mercenary by the name Goitom Lebasi from Shabia to assasinate Mengistu H/M. They have NOT denied they killed hundreds of their own members branding them as "anjas". They have NOT denied they robbed money from Bank. They have NOT denied that they raped little girls as young as 10 and 12. They have NOT denied they have never been democrats. They have NOT denied that they had/have NO tolerance for a different opinion. They have never tried to rebut or refute the factual situations i.e the fascistic acts of EPRP. So, why waste your time in vain. Just ignore them

Email: hrobert@yahoo.com

Hagere=Prof.waka=Hiwot=DERG MURDERERS

You wrote:

"I didn't say all members of the fascist EPRP or Derg or Meison etc garbages are responsible."

You tried to defend top CUD leaders who were in the top leadership position during the red terror.We all know that they can't be in the top leadership poistion UNLESS they support the ABIOT.The same theory holds true for those individuals working with Woyane. You know what that means-killing everybody who is on their way-poor EPRP was one of the victims. Your leaders-Hailu Shawel, Colonel Goshu,etc were ministers in the early days of the Derg. These guys earned it by doing something. Won't you agree? These are the few individuals but there are so many in CUD who actively worked with the Dergs. Is that the reason why they don't want to join UEDF? They know what they have done. Yewega biresa yetewega ****esa. At least you didn't even condemn them for associating with the Derg dictator. Anyway, there will be time where everyone will be judged. We are working hard to bring democracy and freedom of speech and justice to our country. I want to remind of again reconcillation is the best way to go. No one will benefit from your propagation of your hatred and defamation.

Azirtachew

Hagere=Prof.waka=Hiwot=DERG MURDERERS

You wrote:

"I didn't say all members of the fascist EPRP or Derg or Meison etc garbages are responsible."

You tried to defend top CUD leaders who were in the top leadership position during the red terror.We all know that they can't be in the top leadership poistion UNLESS they support the ABIOT.The same theory holds true for those individuals working with Woyane. You know what that means-killing everybody who is on their way-poor EPRP was one of the victims. Your leaders-Hailu Shawel, Colonel Goshu,etc were ministers in the early days of the Derg. These guys earned it by doing something. Won't you agree? These are the few individuals but there are so many in CUD who actively worked with the Dergs. Is that the reason why they don't want to join UEDF? They know what they have done. Yewega biresa yetewega ****esa. At least you didn't even condemn them for associating with the Derg dictator. Anyway, there will be time where everyone will be judged. We are working hard to bring democracy and freedom of speech and justice to our country. I want to remind of again reconcillation is the best way to go. No one will benefit from your propagation of your hatred and defamation.

Azirtachew

Hagere=Prof.waka=Hiwot=Elleni=DERG MURDERERS

You wrote:

Azirtachew

If the current struggle of the Ethiopian people, in part or in all, restores power to the murderers who killed our grandfathers, fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers to power, I rather take another 15 years of Woyane rule. Infact, Woyane had been quite nice to these murderers, most are treated well in prison and even have their day in court. Their property has not been confiscated and their children and spouses are able to come in and go freely.

Please don't forget those of you who have any notion of using this current situation to enter the Ethiopian political system, that the people have forgotten the more that 150,000 innocent people slaughtered since Haile Selassie was overthrown. The same way we are demanding justice for the 40 some people killed during May 15th election, I am calling for justice for the 150,000 Ethiopians that perished.

Please do not take this as a support for Woyane. I for one am hoping that the opposition will make significant strides in Ethiopian politics and bring about change. But if this is a disguise to go back to the old days, or to bring back those who have done atrocities back to power and political forefront, then Ethiopia is truly backward and maybe there is some truth to the EPDRF attack that the people who are pushing for the overthrow of the EPDRF are those that were in power pre-Woyane.

As many of you have already stated, self examination is a start for this process.

Email: whocares@email.com

City: New York

Hagere,

You tried to defend top CUD leaders who were in the top leadership position during the red terror.We all know that they can't be in the top leadership poistion UNLESS they support the ABIOT.The same theory holds true for those individuals working with Woyane. You know what that means-killing everybody who is on their way-poor EPRP was one of the victims. Your leaders-Hailu Shawel, Colonel Goshu,etc were ministers in the early days of the Derg. These guys earned it by doing something. Won't you agree? These are the few individuals but there are so many in CUD who actively worked with the Dergs. Is that the reason why they don't want to join UEDF? They know what they have done. Yewega biresa yetewega ****esa. At least you didn't even condemn them for associating with the Derg dictator. Anyway, there will be time where everyone will be judged. We are working hard to bring democracy and freedom of speech and justice to our country. I want to remind of again reconcillation is the best way to go.

No one will benefit from your propagation of your hatred and defamation.

Belachew

Thank you Brother.

Accountability for everyone for every action!!It is part of the reconciliation.

Saying I did not kill anyone, is not enough defense for ex-ibiot leaders. Keeping silent is also a form of support and agreement. By their inaction they have contributed to the murder of more than 150,000 Ethiopians. And most of these leaders that came to power after Haile Selassie were prominent leaders; they were not at all at the bottom of the totem hole of the regimes rank and file. Every democratic leader wanna be has to take a look and take the plank out of his own eyes, before he offers to take the log out of his brother's eye.

Email: whocares@email.com

City: New York

Azirtachew, etc garbages:
You are a man with no content (empty vessel). Did I say all EPRP members criminals? Not at all! I didn't even say all TPLF members are fascist. Despite the fact TPLF is a group that did commit and is committing unforgettable (if not unforgiveable) historical crimes, like making Ethiopia with a 73 million people landlocked while giving everything to the 3 million people. Guilt is individual. There is NO guilt by association. Hailu Shawel could have assumed a ministerial position under the Derg. SO WHAT??? Rather Dr. Fasil Nahum, the legal brain of Meles NAZIAWI, was at the epicenter of red terror. But he is still assuming a key gov't position. For Weyane an ex Derg or an ex ISEPA becomes a criminal the moment he opposes the Weyane's fascistic rule. This is sickening. I know you guys are hard core weyanes pretending to free thinkers. I can identify Yezinb tengara leave alone a denkoro Weyane. Regarding national reconcillation my position is crystal clear. It simply is immunity from criminal prosecution, but not from civil liability. All victims of EPRP, Derg, TPLF, MEISON etc fascists should be entitled to adequate compensation from the leaders of all these criminal organization. You are going around the bush and don't dare to touch the gist of the matter. You thought you got an opprtunity to disseminate confusion on the two issues: Nat'l reconcillation and civil liability.

Hagere,

You tried to defend top CUD leaders who were in the top leadership position during the red terror.We all know that they can't be in the top leadership poistion UNLESS they support the ABIOT.The same theory holds true for those individuals working with Woyane. You know what that means-killing everybody who is on their way-poor EPRP was one of the victims. Your leaders-Hailu Shawel, Colonel Goshu,etc were ministers in the early days of the Derg. These guys earned it by doing something. Won't you agree? These are the few individuals but there are so many in CUD who actively worked with the Dergs. Is that the reason why they don't want to join UEDF? They know what they have done. Yewega biresa yetewega ****esa. At least you didn't even condemn them for associating with the Derg dictator. Anyway, there will be time where everyone will be judged. We are working hard to bring democracy and freedom of speech and justice to our country. I want to remind of again reconcillation is the best way to go.

Belachew

Azirtachew, etc garbages:
You are a man with no content (empty vessel). Did I say all EPRP members are criminals? Not at all! I didn't even say all TPLF members are fascist. Despite the fact TPLF is a group that did commit and is committing unforgettable (if not unforgiveable) historical crimes, like making Ethiopia with a 73 million people landlocked while giving everything to the 3 million people. Guilt is individual. There is NO guilt by association. Hailu Shawel could have assumed a ministerial position under the Derg. SO WHAT??? Rather Dr. Fasil Nahum, the legal brain of Meles NAZIAWI, was at the epicenter of red terror. Dr. fasil Nahum wrote a book in which he openly advocated that red terror has "a revolutionary legality". He even introduced the famous Derg slogan "kehulum belay abiyotu" He meant the revolution is even above the law and argued Derg can keep on killing as long as it was meant to defend the revolution. Fasil Nahum is such a nasty person. But he is still assuming a key gov't position. For Weyane an ex Derg or an ex ISEPA becomes a criminal the moment he opposes the Weyane's fascistic rule. This is sickening. I know you guys are hard core weyanes pretending to free thinkers. I can identify Yezinb tengara leave alone a denkoro Weyane. Regarding national reconcillation my position is crystal clear. It simply is immunity from criminal prosecution, but not from civil liability. All victims of EPRP, Derg, TPLF, MEISON etc fascists should be entitled to adequate compensation from the leaders of all these criminal organization. You are going around the bush and don't dare to touch the gist of the matter. You thought you got an opprtunity to disseminate confusion on the two issues: Nat'l reconcillation and civil liability.

EPRP the only party tasted on war front as well as on ideology,how ever EPRP made one big mistake big mistake EPRP inception from Addis not assesing the condition of country life they lost the war.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

DillingerJ1:
Big mistake? Hitler too committed big mistake...ha ha ha ha ..You are a funny creature. What does that big mistake constitute? Is it not killing innocent men, women and children? And yet you want EPRP to go away with what you called "big mistake"? Yihe bedem mekeled mekom alebet my dear. It was Drs, professors, highly learnt scholars and poor citizens who were slaughtered by EPRP stalinists. Stop joking! The families of the victims of the fascist EPRP are listening to what you are saying. I am sure their heart bleeds.

Email: banley@hotmail.com

HAGERE,

I AGREE WITH AZIRTACHEW. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, YES EPRP HAS ALWAYS A PLACE IN EHTIOPIAN POLITICS AND IT IS NOT FIGHTING FOR A LOST CAUSE. CHECK THEIR WEB SITE AT WWW.EPRP.COM AND LISTEN TO WWW.FINOTE.ORG.

GEBEYEHU

YOU MIGHT NEED TO REREAD ALSO AZIRTACHEW'S POST:

Belachew

I cant follow this discussion: may be it is the post holiday syndrome.

Yilma,

I agree with you.As to me we are wasting our time arguing within ourselves instead of fighting Woyane.Let's focus on bringing democracy to our country and when we have free justice system, we can take whoever is at fault to the free court.

Nestanet