Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE WHITE HOUSE MADE AN ANNOUNCEMENT:::"WE EXPECT THE FORMATION OF A NEW GOVERNMENT!!"

-----------------------------------------------------
White House Seeks Peaceful Ethiopia Tactic

The Associated Press
Tuesday, September 6, 2005; 5:47 PM

WASHINGTON -- The Bush administration on Tuesday made a strong pitch to Ethiopia's governing party and its opponents to try to resolve their differences peacefully.

The governing party, which rose to power by overthrowing a brutal junta more than a decade ago, on Monday was declared the winner of May elections that drew allegations of vote stealing and touched off violent street protests.

Opposition parties made strong gains in the balloting but continued to argue that they were robbed of a victory by Prime Minister Meles Zenawi's Ethiopian Peoples Revolutionary Democratic Front.

"We expect all political parties to work through any future phases of this process, including the formation of a new government, in a peaceful, transparent and democratic manner," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said.
-----------------------------------------------------

Please find the news at this location::

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/06/AR2005090601304.html

Re: THE WHITE HOUSE MADE AN ANNOUNCEMENT:::"WE EXPECT THE FORMATION OF A NEW GOVERNMENT!!"

Say-no-to-hatered,

Thank you so very much. This is the best news for the opposition. It is as potent as Ana Gomez's report. Alas, Meles is declared dead on arrival. Look at the language. You do not even need to read bewteen lines.

I think Berhanu Nega has delivered Meles lifeless. A major coup de grace for the opposition.

Sebara Kirar

Re: THE WHITE HOUSE MADE AN ANNOUNCEMENT:::"WE EXPECT THE FORMATION OF A NEW GOVERNMENT!!"

Dear Mamo: You are so welcome. I totally share your comments on this press release. The US, is sending a crystal clear message in a diplomatic way, endorsing the proposal forwarded by the CUD/UEDF, about a month or so ago. The US is no longer backing up Woyane, there is no single word on the press release, that approves PM Meles as a winner, not even one congratulatory term, hmmmm. I have also noticed, that the US is not pushing the Opposition parties to join the EXISTING PARLIAMENT, instead,,,the US emphasized on the need to form a NEW GOVERNMENT. You are so right Mamo, this is a good news for the oppositions. Let's hope and pray. May God bless you, Mamo!

May God bless the Great Ethiopia and its people!!

Debalkie, Alemayehu01, Gebreselassie, Tulu, Yilma, Ethiopian, we are interested in hearing your views. Please let us hear from you. Forget the order from Meles. You do not need to be "measured and accomodating" in your response. Pop up your volume. et us hear you. These Americans are siding with EU, it seems to me.

Is Meles going to write letter to the editor cutting the US into pieces? I mean he is capable. Is he not? I am feeling sorry for you all. Even Ibrahim seems to kind of distance himself from you.

Ankasa Doro aka
Eygib Tila aka
Yegemel Chira aka
Tengara Gundan aka
Mamo Qilo

Oh, what a sign! Are we going to witness the dawn of a bright Meskerem? Are we going to see the end of these blood-sucking bugs? Is it true that Ethiopia is going to be liberated from the entanglement of the Woyane-Shabia conspiracy? Are the days approaching when we will no more be bombarded by the arrogant words of the crooks? Are the days coming when we will no more live with fear and intimidation? Are we getting into the era, when our kids will no more hear about hatred, but love and peace? Is the star of liberty smiling over the Ethiopian skies? Are our children going to lit the torch (chibbo) of Meskerem and sing songs of freedom, peace and love - "Eyoha abebaye meskerem tebaye"? We look forward towards the coming of this day. Fight on compatriots, fight on!

City: A.A

Mamo,

Are you kidding? I can see the degree of your frustration. This State Departement news is a recycled one. I have personally read it before a month or so.In fact I read this specific news last Wedensday on Ethioindex(check it).

I don't think you can fool the public. There is nothing new. If you are trying to misquote the word "new govrnment" that is another deceptive presentation. I think, at least, you cant fool participantsof this forum. It is natural that after each election every country establishes a new government.That is what the press release is refering to and has no other implication at all.

I have now reconfirmed that you have lost steam. The "velvet/orange revolution" rehotric is gone for good.That is why you are trying to dicuss recycled information.

So, wish you nice time. Enjoy your lies and recycled news.

Email: Alemayehu-2005@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Alemayehu, you wrote:

"Mamo, Are you kidding? I can see the degree of your frustration. This State Departement news is a recycled one. I have personally read it before a month or so.In fact I read this specific news last Wedensday on Ethioindex(check it)..."

Dear alemayehu,

Can you properly use the internet or somebody logs on for you to this specific site to scribble your hotchpotch?

I propose you use the URL of Washigton Post properly, if you can. It was posted yesterday and is as fresh as a daisy.

Do you think one can mess around with websites like that of Washington Post or are you saying that Washington Post wrote this news for the second time only to irritate you? Are you talking about the degree of your own frustration or that of Mamo's?

Alemayehu, you went on:

"...I don't think you can fool the public. There is nothing new. If you are trying to misquote the word "new govrnment" that is another deceptive presentation..."

It seems you are terribly scared. You have already lost your orientation. Alemayehu, why don't you try to swallow the truth however bitter it may be?

Yes, the World is turning against you; what are you going to do next? Throw mud on Bush? Try it. I have an idesa for you. May be you can allocate another 20% of the diaspora-CUD money to Bush. You are never short of allegations.

Go on, do it!

Let me leave the rest to Mamo.

City: A.A

Selam to all

I just cant believe what I am reading here. A simple protocol press announcement became a cause for victory celebration.

The PM will have to form a new government and the opposition will continue its peaceful struggle as a minority block.

The PM must form a new government with new faces. If he does not, it would be a serious blunder, perhaps a serious one, since many of his current cabinet members lost to the opposition by a wide margin. I for one, cant wait to see his new cabinet members. Many observers, including myself, expect changes in policy matters and the composition of his cabinet would be telling how he would govern Ethiopia in the next five years.

On individual matters, unlike some of you, I like Mamo. He talks to himself, he has cute aliases, he reads off the wall, he makes wild conclusions, he is driven my sheer emotions and even more, he is not ashamed of it; that coupled with his witty and smarty staff on his shoulder, he provides great entertaining value, without which this forum could have been boring.

As always, with love!

What does transparent and democratic manner mean to Mr McCormack? It was better he did not bother to say anything at all.At least he did not congratulate Meles.Would that mean anything in the future? We will have to wait and see.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: York

Alemayehu01/Meles,

Did you see the word "we congratulate the PM in winning the election". No they did not, because they know he is a dictator/nasty brut/killer/lier/rude who insult the very people whom he invited TO OBSERVE THE ELECTION. TPLF or Tigraie are a minority and you can no longer be a majority governing body. You had 15 years to make yourselves rich, you had nothing when you got to Addis Ababa, you have sucked the blood out of our country, while you made yourselves fat cats. It is time for the rest of us to be part of our country.

GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT

lOVE TO ETHIOPIA

City: AA

yILMA/aLEMAYEHU01/mELES,

Democracy is about a mojoruty rule, not minority. YOU PEOPLE ARE MINORITY MINORITY. It doesn't matter what the USA or EU says it is the Ethiopian people who suffer and WHEN WE SAY NO, WE MEAN NO.

You can have your TPLF government/parliament in Tigrai but not in AA anymore.

You people are selfish/greedy/brute

LOVE TO ETHIOPIA

City: AA

America or EU can not or is not in a position to free Ethiopia from the the woyane gangsters and looters. Only the Ethiopian people are able to do that. They are the ones to decide who rules their country and to install a government of their choice.

The fascist woyane junta is thithering on the edges looking down the cliff face. They are in tangles - their lies, the murders, the corruption, the genocide in Gambella they have committed, the deportations and displacements of people their ethnic apartheid policy has brought about, the massacres in wollega, Harra, all these and other attrocities are not giving them any breathing space; they are suffocated and chocked with crime. soon they will run out of oxygen and die.

Selam to all

I hate to say it; I think Mina is loosing her mind. I mean no-disrespect, though I suppose that is often the case with “burger munching” politicos.

With Love

Yilma,

You wrote: "I just cant believe what I am reading here. A simple protocol press announcement became a cause for victory celebration." You guys like to say "It is not where we are it is the direction we are taking that matters, and we are on the right track" Well the US is in the right track. This is a big development. The US has been in the past pushing the opposition to join the government, telling them how many seats they have gotten etc. All that is gone. Yes, it is a cause for celebration. You mourn. We celebrate. We are in the right direction.

You wrote: "The PM will have to form a new government and the opposition will continue its peaceful struggle as a minority block. The PM must form a new government with new faces. If he does not, it would be a serious blunder, perhaps a serious one, since many of his current cabinet members lost to the opposition by a wide margin. I for one, cant wait to see his new cabinet members. Many observers, including myself, expect changes in policy matters and the composition of his cabinet would be telling how he would govern Ethiopia in the next five years." Meles was telling us that he has won and he has a political capital that he is ready to dispense. You are saying or at least implying, he should compromise in his selection of cabinets and he must also change course. But this is in conflict with your :"we are in the right direction" rhetoric.

Thanks for complementary note about my name, etc. What matters the most is when it comes to political analysis, I will deliver you lifeless in a New York second. Take my word, Meles will end up compromising and forming an interim government or he will test the bitter pill of orange revolution.

Ankasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo

Greetings to you all my great Ethiopian brothers and sisters!!! If you guys have noticed lately, the phrase "New Government" seems to scare PM Meles and his Hodam offsprings. Finally, these "hodams" are telling us that the international communities don't matter anymore. This has started to happen, right after Ana Gomez's preliminary report. As usual they are in the state of self-denial, DeJavu! Anyhow, we can argue on the phrase "New Government" for ages. But the POINT OF THE MATTER IS: The US is not backing up Woyane anymore(1). The US is not pushing the Oppositions to join the parliament (2). So, these two points are great news for the Ethiopian people. By the way, YILMA::: one doesn't have to be a professional politician, to speak up and defend his/her country from some hodams and tribal bandits. Meles Zenawi has lost all his common sense and still leading the country, God knows to where? Anyone with good common sense can make a good leader. Respecting ones flag, defending territories, respecting the people's voice are all common sense, that PM Meles has lost. So anyhow, we true Ethiopians are not intimidated to speak up on behalf of our people, and our Great Ethiopia!!!!so you know. PM Meles, has tried to kill the word "Patriotism" in our country. With no luck, shame on him. Anyhow, the good news is.....the international communities are getting it now....the real profile of PM Meles Zenawi, that is what we meant,,,,when we said "We are in the right direction!" No matter what the Carter center's preliminary report will/won't say, Ethiopians have managed to convince the international communities, that PM Meles has a hidden/local face which is far different to the face he is showing to the rest of the World.

May God bless the Great Ethiopia and its people!!!

ETHIOPIA WILL BE HERE A THOUSAND YEARS.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Folks,

I see contradiction on your message. Some of you are telling us that the opposition has won the heart and the mind of U.s politicians.You are telling us that the opposition should be happy of the U.S decision and celebrate that achivement.

But, some of you wrote, disappointed by the America's policy, the following on this forum:-

"This is so disappointing coming from the US and the Bush Administration, they as usual say one thing and do another, we Ethiopians have been hearing this repeating from the State Dept. time and time again but they won't say anything else while people are dying and the dictator threatens and mocks the EU's work and talks of genocide...and the US says time and time again:

We urge all parties to continue to resolve any disputes or challenges to the results through existing legal channels. We expect all political parties to work through any future phases of this process, including the formation of a new government, in a peaceful, transparent and democratic manner."

This will have the following effects:

1) Assumes the Judiciary is Independent even when the EU as observers says otherwise.

2) Knowing that the gov't is killing people and the opposition being killed, imprisoned and their rights violated day in and day out the US keeps repeating this garbage!

3) Assumes the NEB is neutral although the EU confirmed that the Judiciary and the NEB are more intertwined than any institution, in other words Woyane's extension cord.

4) The US is basically saying that they will give support to any killings and undemocratic actions by the regime including fraud and killings of the opposition parties and the population as long as they give the 'false impression'that democracy is on the right track! "

Which shall we take. You seem so confused. I agree with the later analysis.

So, please stop confusing the public. You have to accept the reality and be part of the democratization proces.

Alemayehu01

Email: Alemayehu-2005@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa