Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Information pool for counter law suits against Meles & Co.

As you have heard, Meles and his officials are suing Tensae Radio in a Virginia court. Tensae Radio is preparing counter law suits against them. This thread is set up for people to take active role in supporting the case by providing specific evidences of crimes committed against the people of Ethiopia by Meles, Bereket, and Co. Please also use this forum to raise questions which can be posed by the lawyers to Meles at the witness stand ("such as "do you have bank accounts abroad?").

Re: Information pool for counter law suits against Meles & Co.

I think this is one of the most outstanding ideas I ever heard. I also ask every Ethiopian to be part of this sruggle. I sincerely request every Ethiopian Lawyer in the world to put her/his talent for a cause. Mosoloni killed the our people for 5 years. His power was abolished by our forefathers.Nazi Meles killed innocent people and the country itslef for 14 years. Our generation is embarassed. What are we going to tell our children? I challenge every Ethiopian to think about it. Ameseginalehu

What a wonderfull job. Brilliant. Thank you for taking THIS STEP. These criminals should be brought for justice, soon. Our hounourable lawyers from all over the world will be part of this NOBLE CAUSE.

This will back fire on them and it will open a wider door for the people's voice to be heared to the rest of the world.

One of the question should be who is paying for these?
From their own pocket or as usual they are wasting the (country's) people's money??

Thank you so much TENSAE radio.

I am pleased to know that you start a counter suit against the Woyane fat cats whose have built an oasis of wealth in the occean of poverty and misery. It is a public secret that most of these officials and their clique have been accumulating fortune and living far beyond their means. This was made possible by creating loopholes in the public funds flow system and by forming a network of collaborators whose name is used to do the dirty job. Otherwise it is natural to reveal their source of wealth within a short period of time. If there is any public inquiry of the cases, the evidence is there both from the taxes and employment payrolls.

Meles has stashed funds abroad through a Sudanese agent who happened to have a long lasting relation startng from Woyane's bush days. Then came the role of his wife and his brother who use Meles office to secure lucrative deals for themselves and amass illegal money both in Ethiopia and abroad. It does not take much logic how such individuals with little training and experience all of a sudden become big cats in town. If you spread the net, you will catch much more corrupt personalities who are doing their looting with the blessing of their boss and that is how he keeps them loyal to his evil ends.

Anyways, this forum should be used to share general issues of interest and specific evidence should be sent directly to the legal team that could use it for the purpose at hand.

I urge Tigrean brothers to come to the front and reveal all Ethiopians including TPLF leaders that were murdered by Meles in the Jungle.

Let us all Ethiopians who loves peace thanks God/Alah for this moment. The evils are going to be judge. The innocent people blood will not spell for nothing. The mother of 14 years old boy asked Meles "How you feel if your son/doughter got killed the way my 14 years old son died"? He/the Evil did not even share to tragedy for 15 secnds. He wrote Part 1-3 letters to the EU report about the election. He is not Ethiopian. He does not care about Ethiopia. He also said he never wrote under his name before. That is a lie.

I pray to God to see this Evil person removed from Ethiopia with is evil co-workers.

Ethiopians let us stay together with pure love.

Can you also transform this suite into a class action suite so that all Ethiopians at home and in the Diaspora can sue Meles and his cabinet for the damages they caused to close relatives -- killings, injury, and harrassments, etc. Such suits could easily pile up into the billions so that we can sue their ass out of office.

Email: gwakgira@worldnet.att.net

Dear all,

My sugegstion is to focus on economic crimes they have committed against Ethiopians. The looting has to be part of the main focus. If you can establish they are armed looters, where they keep their money and how much becomes a side issue.

Ankasa Doro aka
Joro Tebi aka
Tengara Gundan aka
Mamo Qilo

Dear Ethiopians,

It is excellent idea. We all know the Tensae radio is so effective in teaching and informing our people the truth. What they need from us, besides encouraging words, is our financial support. We must think that it is our lawsuit, not just Tensae's. So I urge us all to help what we can. No help should be considered small. if you are not helping already , please do so. As for me, I will match my previous pledge and Send them $100 in near future. United we stand!

God bless Ethiopia,
Yebret Kolo.

This is very interesting. I have read about an American family that successfuly sued the Palestinian authority for supporting a terrorist organization (Hamas) that either killed or injured their son. They were awarded about $150 Million in a US court and it ordered the money of the Palestinian Authority in US frozen. I supposed if Tensae win their suit, they can get all the money Melles and Co. stashed in NY Bank fronzen too.

Do I have any reason to be proud as an Ethiopian? Yes! I guess, I do!

Bewoyane megefatachin Ethiopiawinetachinin endikesekisew abilito redan. This is the only good thing we got from the ruthless Meles.

Sometimes, I cannot stand the sense of pride for being an Ethiopian. Also sometimes, I take time to assess the reason of my pride, and get no evidence for such big pride. But, when I read the news about the court preparation to bring the ruthless Meles to justices, I said to myself, I have a valid reason why I am always proud as an Ethiopian. And that is none other than our Ethiopiawinetachin, and the decision of taking matters into our hands at the right time and the right moment. Though we are poor, we are well known for not bending for any enemy, and Meles never seen this side of Ethiopians. Hence, through cooperation, Ethiopians can free ourselves from the iron teeth of the monster, Meles’ regime. Imagine, in a time, when the whole world ignored our cry for humanitarian and democracy of our people, our own arm and mind will show us the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you so much for this brave action. I am proud of you and you assured me to be proud in my Ethiopiawenet. What a grate work, and what a grate da seeing the monester- Meles, under the powerful arm of law. And I will do all possible thing to fuel up this matter.

Thanks again!!

Email: kwoubesh@yahoo.com

City: Indianapolis

What a great idea, May God bless you ER!! Let's do it, whatever it takes!! Thanks to the cyber technology, dictators like Meles can't bury their crimes in their backyards, any longer. Thanks to cyber technology, the world is no longer divided by huge oceans. My great people, let's do our best: doing research, talking to law professionals, helping to pay attorney fees, etc and etc. Let's do it my people, may God help us. This criminal has to pay prices, for what he has done. May God bless you all! I am so proud of you all!!!Let's all do our best, God will do the rest.

ER: such a great job!! May God bless you abundantly!!Much respect to what you are doing!!!

May God bless the Great Ethiopia!!

Folks,

Would you please consult lawyers before you confuse forum participants?

You should at least understand the difference b/n civil and criminal cases.You should also be aware that counter claim/suit is only possible within the scope and jurisdiction of the previous claim submitted in the court.Political rehotric/propaganda and legal issues are most of the time mutually exclusive matters.

Another interesting point is that some of you even dream to evict Meles from power through an American court.What an ignorance? Or is it to mislead the ordinary citzens and robe their funds,as if you are in a political fight? But, I am afraid your track record shows total loss.

Please don't confuse the public.Stick to the case at hand and come up with a clear evidence to prove Meles has deposited millions of dollars in a Malaysian Bank as per your allegations. No propoganda on earth will relieve you from such responsibility.Think, think, think...before you bark and confuse the public.

Email: Ali-2005@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Dear Ali,

Let me take you up on your legal analysis. Assume that Tinsae Radio is found guilty a scharged. Remember it is a civil suit. They will be ordered to retract the story, and may be even fined say $2 million dollars. Tinsae Radio would be closed down and Tensae II will be established the next day with a lot more financial and moral support from the public.

Assume also Tinsae Radio launches a civil suit aganist Meles for looting the public. What would stop you from brining a counter suit on public looting to establish the source of the said millions? I would say that Tinsae's counter claim/suit is plausible if they focus on looting. Would you say this is outside of "the scope and jurisdiction of the previous claim submitted in the court?"

More importantly, what would stop Tinsae to gain political milage out of this farsical law suit? Can you, sir, enlighten us on this. Writely, you noted
Political rehotric/propaganda and legal issues are most of the time mutually exclusive matters. Yes, most of the time. With the right lawyer you can blur the line between political and legal distinctions. That is whay lawyers are paid for. Do you take issue with this?

You wrote: "Another interesting point is that some of you even dream to evict Meles from power through an American court. What an ignorance?" Sir, the strategy is to discredit Meles at the international forum even more so than he alreeady is. This is bad for you and your master. But this is good for the opposition.

You also wrote: "Please don't confuse the public." No, sir the public is not confused, but you seem to be unnerved? Why sir? Why?

Sebara Kirar aka
Amkasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo aka
etc

Contact oromo organizations to get information on thousands of oromos massacred by Meles regime.your first inqiury should begin from Oromo Support group, an organization dedicated to documenting atrocities against oromos.
Goodluck

Email: mwalaabbuu@hotmail.com

City: Vancouver

Ali,

Meles and co. have already waived their immunity (of not to be sued) by their act of suing Tensae in a Virginia court. You don’t have to be a law expert to know if a man in power drops his immunity by himself; that he is subjected to counter attack.

That is not the case in point here. Let us think of the pillage and embezzlement of the Ethiopian people by the name of endowment.

The below multi-million dollar companies belong to TPLF. TPLF run by a few members, led by Meles Zenawi: The lawyers should think of interrogatories like who is running these and where the money is saved?

1. Meskerem Investment SC
2. Mega-Net Corporation
3. Wegagen Bank
4. Hiwet Agricultural Mechanization
5. Tesfa Livestock Resource Development S.C.
6. Desalegn Veterinary Drugs and Inputs Supply Plc
7. Sur Constriction S.C.
8. Ethio-Rental House S.C.
9. Mesfin Industrial Engineering S.C.
10. Addis Pharmaceutical Factory S.C.
11. Almeda Integrated Textile Factory S.C.
12. Almeda Garment and Knitwear Factory S.C
13. Sheba Tannery S.C.
14. Messebo Building Materials Production S.C.
15. Ezana Mining Development Co.
16. Africa Insurance S.C.
17. Guna Trading House S.C
18. Trans-Ethiopia S.C.
19. Ambasel Trading House Plc.
20. Dinsho Trading Plc.

Meles’ crimes on genocide are being handled by some international organizations like:

World Organization against Torture (Geneva) was reporting on State Involvement in Acts of Genocide: http://www.omct.org

Also a Canada-based representative of the Anuak Survival Organization
http://www.oneworld.net/article/view/83811/1/

Email: kinfuassefa@gmail.com

City: Amsterdam

Its probably the best thing that happened to the struggle since UEDP_MEDHIN started and the formation of CUD followed. We believe the best thing the defendant on Woyane case and the plaintiff in the counter lawsuit should involve every Ethiopian who want to see the true Woyane exposed to the world.

I would advice a few things that could be handy for the defendant; First. the law suite should be public so that we can get involved in the case in many ways than one. Second an elaborate fundraising and resources mobilization should be strategize so that the individuals do not get exhausted by the deliberate attempt by Woyane to cause them undue financial burden. Third, there must be an organize effort by the defendant and their lawyers to use the vast Ethiopians resources in searching of laundered money and the collaborators in their locality to collect evidence and help the case. Every Ethiopians must be notified to search for evidence starting from now. Finally every conservable international organization and media outlets should be notified by this unprecedented lawsuit so that they could be aware of how far a tyrant would go to silence its opposition beyond and above its jurisdiction to protect its laundered money abroad and its mafia operation at home.

We will stand by and wait for any instruction in fund raising and searching for evidence from those who organize and coordinate the effort.

Long live for Ethiopia
Long live for freedom of press
Down with the mafia Woyane government

Democracy will prevail

Andeargachew Mokonnen

Email: hagerfeker@aol.com

City: Los Vegas

I think it's a great idea? The dictators need to get a lesson. Meles & his co's can not oppress people specially journalists accross the border because their only crime is empowering the people. So, please fellow ethiopians support this cause by providing evidence to make the lawsuit successfull. Let show the whole world how the dicatators are worthless greedy, blood suckers, blood thirsty, killers and criminals.

Email: ywenzleje@yahoo.com

City: Atlanta

Mamo&co,

I still insist you better consult lawyers before confusing the public.

The case is a tort/defamation case. The defendant is expected to prove his allegations. He has to prove, with hard facts, that Meles has actually looted millions of dollars and has actually deposited in a foreign back.There is no claim and counter-claim issue.Let me give you a simple example.If A calls B a thief and B acusses A for defamation, A has to prove that B is really a thief. There is no place for a counter-claim. It is as simple as that.

The diplomatic immunity issue is not also as simple as some of you are suggesting.Please refer princeples of Public International laws amd the Viena conventions.You will get solusion to your dream of criminal suit against any govrnment.

The endowment issue is also totally a separate case.Had the defamation was based on the ownership of these campanies, there was a possibility of addressing issues related to the companies. The issue is totally different-looting money and deposit in a foreign banck.There is no connection or causal relation. For that matter I am aware that thes buisness companies are registerd under Ethiopian commercial law and the endowments in justice beauros of respective regions.These are under a public record and I am sure Meles has no a sigle cent share in the campanies.

I just only agree with you on one issue. The case may be used as good excuse to robe money from those who hate the government and a forum to launch additional hate propganda.But, the end result may be disappionting like many of the diaspora demonstrationsand the Yara case.

So, legally speaking the defendants should come up with vivid evidence to prove their grand allegations. The Pr campaign won't have any impact on the legal process.

Regards,
Ali

Guys,
We should also consider the financial implications of this suit for Tensae Radio. As a matter of fact, this case is no longer Tensae versus Meles & Co; it has got to be Ethiopians versus Meles & Co.

I suggest that a fund be established to which we can all contribute. We just cannot afford to lose this one. Let's show these genetic mistakes that, this time, they took the wrong turn and ended up in uncharted waters.

Dir bi-yabir Anbessa ya-sir!

Email: bex@yahoo.com

City: Washington, DC

Ali,

The legal suit is not of the government. It is of individuals who have already put themselves down and waived their diplomatic immunity. This has nothing to do with the principles of Public International laws or the Vienna conventions.

Please refer to the American civil and criminal codes. Then you come across to how an official loses his immunity and the consequence thereof.

It seems that you are from the TPLF, but not familiar with the content of the lawsuit. Please read the copy of content that was served to TENSAE. The case is not merely of defamation, just discover it first!

You seem !!!!

God will avange the blood of those inoccent people.

Email: Mule_12@gmail.com

City: Amsterdam

why shouldn't the diasporas protest against the final result released by NEBE?

Why should we keep quiet?

The Ethiopians inside their country are taken into hostage by the Agazees of the Mafia Meles & Bereket. Ethiopia belongs to all of us equally, we have to have our say & disetablize the woyanes. We have to show our support to EU preliminary report as it revealed the reality of the stolen vote.

We don't have to be hesitating!

Stand up get up, don't give up to fight the injustice, intimidation, harassement. Even we the diasporas have been facing many lobbies by the Woyane cadres to organize intimidation, defamation, etc. Perhaps most of us don't notice it.

Email: wegenetenesa@yahoo.com

Ali,

It seems that you are MELES. If you are not, tell your boss:

"Asa Gorguari, Zendo Yawetal!"

Shame to a "Leader" who do not think of magnanimity, Shame that he never think twice!
Shame!

Martha,

Email: Marti2005@hotmail.com

City: Viena

Hey Ali,

Your law knowledge sounds impressive. But remember that the Tensae Radio Legal Task Force is just brainstorming us for ideas on how to proceed with its counter lawsuit. So, don't try to stifle every effort to generate new ideas through your law jargons. That sounds like the modus operandi of the Meles regime--discouraging democratic ideas by saying, "it is not really as simple as you think it is, etc. etc."

Also,remember this is not Meles' regime, this is the USA, and we all have every right to explore all ideas on how to proceed with the proposed law suit.

The main issue here is that Meles and his cabinets, his wife included, have waived their diplomatic immunity by initiating lawsuits in a US court. They can now be sued by anyone with a valid case in the US.

Also, on the endowment issues, can you prove to us that those listed companies are not owned by the TPLF and/or its affiliates? Don't just say that they are registered under the Ethiopian commercial laws, you mean the TPLF commercial law? We have had enough of that stuff.

This is a golden opportunity for all of us to use this as a spring board to launch not only a counter attack but also to expose the tyrant “EPDRF regime” to the rest of the world once and for all. This legal proceeding by EPDRF seems protracted against all of us, who are striving and actively supporting the struggle wedged by the opposition parties in Ethiopia. Many of us felt it personally as if our individual right infringed, we in Diaspora and our people in Ethiopia has every right to know the flipping side of the coin to that of EPDRF’s propaganda blare.

In a country whereby every bit of the mass media is controlled and used solely to disseminate the ruling parties propaganda and to the character assassination of both the political parties and their leaders, the role of TENSAE is divine work, to say the least.

This call is testament to the TENSAE’s simple and effective motto i.e. the stakeholders are the Ethiopian people in Ethiopia and in Diaspora. Thus we should support this call by every means possible call it financial, evidence gathering, personal accounts, professional advice… etc.

Email: hassabu_1@yahoo.co.uk

Ali,
It seems that you are 'infected' by TPLF virus. Do not try to 'affect' others. Stay away with your virus.

The case should be established and these village tyrannts should be brought for justice, soon

Regards

Email: zeguda@yahoo.com

Conguratulations Tensae Radio Legal Task Force. It looks like you are hitting some nerves. We have already obtained confessions from Abysinya Tadesse regarding potential witnesses. Keep up the good work!

Ali,
How much money did you spend lobbyign to receive the Yara prize?. It is a false prize do not be so proud of it has blood all over it.

Email: nina@hotmail

City: addis

We all know how much money they received in the form of aid, debt relief, debt and the likes from World Bank, IMF, and other governmental and non-governmental organizations for the last 14 years. It is lots of billions of dollars. Where is the money now? We need independent national or international auditor to investigate this case. Is there any reason to keep the money for themselves or to develop only one small region(Tigry) while the money was considered to be the property to all Ethiopians?
I think, brave Ethiopians have to spend time, energy, resources and knowledge about the relationship between TPLF cadres and money and material that came from aboard or inside the country to benefit all Ethiopians. There are many crimes committed by TPLF cadres to sue them in international courts and latter on in national courts.
To conduct this very important weapon against the TPLF cadres, we all Ethiopians have to contribute every possible activities. We need lawyers and others to follow the case in a daily basses. For this matter we have to contribute money doesn't matter how it is little or much. We need a task force in US, Europe and other places especially to facilitate the money contribution. If Ethiopians know their money will be used to sue TPLF cadres, they will contribute at the last Cent with happiness. We hare ready to contribute. We need well-organised organ to collect and use it to sue those murderers, thieves, high school drop outs such as Azeb (one of the TPLF milliners)

Don't talk much but do it now. It is very important case to defeat our enemies and free our country and people. One little practical step forward worth much more than lots of talks. We need to talk less while doing much towards the right direction.

God bless brave and hard working Ethiopians.

Email: W@hotmail.com

I would like to ask the PM the following two questions

1. Do you still think that you are doing justice by massacring innocent Amharas mainly poor farmers who are not even aware of the presence of diiferent ethnic groups in Ethiopia, let alone be rulers? The killing is continuing unabated. How many more Amharas do you think should you kill before you feel that the Amharas are subdued?
2. You started with the intention of breaking the backbone of the Amhars, but ended up discriminating against and killing all ethnic groups who refused to kill Amharas and cooperate with your deadly policy of divide and rule. Apparently, more and more people are becoming aware of your diabolic intentions and even the Tigreians have started to see through your hate-driven and satanic motives. How long will it take you before you realize that you are eventually going to be buried in the ditch you have dug?

Fellow Ethiopians,

We have never been able to have a say in our own affairs. We have never been able to decide our own fate. We tolerated this throughout our history, but today we are being killed for belonging to the wrong ethnic group which is not our choice. We have seen that Meles does not have any Ethiopian decency of feeling a pity for losers. He is a very nasty winner. Trying to appease him has not worked. We should therefore do all it takes to bring him to justice. If we are not united to do this today, he will kill us all slowly but surely.

Dear lawyers,

I don’t think you all have a conscience that tolerates the death of innocent people for ever. It is time to stop the maniac and say enough is enough. Help us to join the civilized world where there is the rule of law. Strike while the iron is hot and do everything you can to bring the tyrant to justice.

Email: baaalu@yahoo.com

City: Awassa

To Ali

Any body can prove to any one that Meles is a killer. Here is the logical hard fact regarding the recent massacre...

Who ordered the shooting....
Who was the leader of the police of Agazie..
What has he ( meles) done to investigate the killing..( if he claims to be innocent )

More and more hard to escape facts will come to face to face with meles ....The smart guy Meles who couldnt give a proper answer to the BBC jounalist will have his court day .....At last the truth is going to hunt him...

What about the economic injustice the mass arrest with no legal background ....remeber he is no more diplomat hence any human right abuse committed under his leadership will put him as incharge...

If I was meles I will be dam scared ...because the consequence of Tinasae law suit is far reaching. Right now the brilliant Ethiopian lawyers must have a mass information to bring the repugnant human right abuse by meles under any kind of measurment.

Ali , do not worry about how Ethiopians will expose the injustice and put the tyrant into his knees...please save your time and prepare your defense for your boss Meles .Who knows may be you are one of the guys who will have their day in court... If you have a share from the looting may be try to stash it somwhere and preapre yourself for shame and imprisonment.

The day of the people is coming

Mark my word

I think suing the United States government for keeping quite over the massacres will create more results and buzz. But the counter suit against Meles is also great. Love it!

One thing....

As we know, Meles has claimed that the people who got shot were trying to loot banks. Reporter had interviewed leaders of six banks that said they did not recieve a report from any of their branches alleging a robbery attempt that day. This might help to descredit the lawlessness Meles and co. claim to justify the killings.

To Tensae Radio:
Dear Tensae,
Can't tell you how glad I am to see you back in business. It looks like you have come back even stronger ...what can I say,... if only I could show you my feelings over this medium..., I think I am speaking for all Ethiopians when I say, we are glad you are up and running not only your well loved program but also your chasing after TPLF, aka, Meles, Bereket and Co., the # 1 enemy of our country.

To All My Country brothers and sisters:
As you all know, there is nothing in this life worth than coming together to save one's country and one's fellow country people from common enemy. It makes me feel so proud and elated to see my brothers and sisters converging to help our brothers of Tensae Radio.

The struggle against the Ethiopian enemy TPLF, is just getting wormed up, and Meles and Col, are beginning to feel the heat that is rising with in the Ethiopian pepole like volcano.

To Meles, Bereket and Co.,:
Meles and Co., aka TPLF, you will go down as HISTORY -X in the Ethiopian history book and the Ethiopian people will make sure you and your type will never rise in Ethiopia again!!!

To all my brothers and sisters:
You all know this, but I hope what ever information you provide on this forum will not jeoperdise the gathering of information against TPLF. Some information should be kept confidential and I hope the lawers will tell Ethiopian Review as to what type of information should be displayed on this forum. We all know TPLF agents work day and night to pre-empt at all fronts.

This is not an attack on Tensae Radio only it is also an attack on all Ethiopians from all walks of life. Many atrocities have been committed to many ethnic groups including the Gambellas, Oromos, Amharas, Gurages, Tigreans and many other ethnic groups. It will not stop until Meles and Co are out of power. The counter lawsuit should also look into Meles’s families for looting and corruption in the country as well as Bereket who made the people of Wollo suffer under his administration and during the election.

So Tensae Radio: we are with you all the way. Thanks God you are in the USA Meles, Bereket, and Co. not only face justice in the US court system but also face and hear Ethiopians’ voices for their crimes and cruelty. No Kemal Bedri and his puppet court to let them go scot-free.

I hope and pray that the time for identifying each other by ethnic origin will disappear and the time to call each other Ethiopians, treat each other with respect and equality will come soon. We don’t need a government that divides its people. What we need is a government that unite its people. The time has come to stay united and tell ethnocentric government to go away.

Thanks to ER for your great contribution.
May God be with you.

The criminal woyane gang leader should face charges on the following among the many thousands of crimes he has committed;

- the Gambella genocide
- The massacre at Awassa
- The massacre of thousands of Amhara peasant farmers and their families in Arsi, Harra and Wollega.
- The massacre of Addis Abeba University students at various times
- the massarce of tens of thousands of Ethiopians in the border war with Shabia.

This is a great idea, if so far you are able to rais fund I suggest, you buy some people from inside, before Meles & Co start destroying any documentations.

Tensai, you are not on your own, we are all in it together. We can start collecting information from internatinal organisations such as Amnesty Internationsl, UN and Red Coss, regarding Human Right Abuses, by the mad dogs.

Meles & Co V People of Ethiopia

All the best

Love to Ethiopia

City: AA

Ali wrote
"...But, the end result may be disappointing like many of the diaspora demonstrations and the Yara case..."

I was thinking ali might have a point until I saw the above statement.

In case of YARA

1. A leder of a nation went to visit another country. All the leaders of the host country, from the king to the lowest Minster, refuse to meet him. When did you see such a thing happening in the world? It happened to Meles Zenawi in Norway thanks to the activism of Ethiopians in Norway. It shows how low Meles has come . Fishing a little bit publicity through its business partner in a place wher he is not welcome, while he could send one of his leutenants. This should have been the most humiliating thing that could happen to a leader of a nation. It would have been an insult to a nation to treat a leader in this manner. Wars would have been declared, at least diplomatic relations would have been broken. But Norwegians know very well no Ethiopian would shade a tear for they treating Meles Zenawi in such humiliating manner. and Meles Zenawi knows he have no power to protest let alone break diplomatic relations for the humiliation. Basically he is a nobody who bullies unarmed and powerless children and women in the streets of Ethiopia. This kind of tratement will only increase throughout the world untill he has no where to go.

2. YARA one of the biggest companies of Norway chastised by every media, intellectual, politician, human rights and other public organisations in the country for awarding a prize to one of the most brutal tyrants in African continent. It is only in Woyane court this would be seen as a success for Meles. One OF the most prominant politicians of Norway said that the YAra prize so tainted by meles Zenawi no self respecting public figure should accept it ever again.

So Ali do you still think the disapora strugle did not bear fruit?

Ali,

You are right if one follows te letter and the spirit of the law, there is not much weight that Tensae Radio can bring to bear. The point is why should Tensae Radio follow the spirit and letter of the law. Its objective is to get political milage. At the end the worst that can happen to Tensae Radio is to close its shop and reopen again in a different name. Tensae II, for example. I really thought what Tensae did was rather stupid and I have written lengthy messages on this at the time. But I have never imagined that Meles would be so stupid to take Tensae to court. This is a stupid move from both political and legal point of view. The most you say is that Meles and company can clear their names. But their names are beyond repair they are soaked with blood and loot money. It is revange that drives Meles. You must admit it that this was the most stupid thing to do.

Tensae should forget about the legal case and take the most political gain. Sorry that is a strategy you wish they did not follow. But t makes tons of sense for them to seqize the last drop of political juice out of it. Blame the moron who took them to court. Any Question? Feel free to ask!

Annkasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo

Tensae shoud have produce reasonabel testimony for this suit ,Other wise this statment does not terrify 'Meles & co.'.

Email: tibtr@yahoo.com

City: DC

WELL DONE TENSAE RADIO!!

Action worth millions and millions of sayings. Your deed says it all. The people of Ethiopia are with you. Your brought it very right. Right timing. We are with you.

THANK YOU TENSAE!!

wow meles gave up his diplomatic immunity just to proof that he didn't steal anything. he must be right then. otherwise, why take the risk?

City: semen shewa

Shegaw,

Meles is either right or very stupid. Ali thinks he is very stupid. Yilma is lately saying he needs to change course. Gebrefenafent and Tulu are running away with their tails between their legs.

Mamo Qilo

It's wonderful idea. Please keep up. What I want to suggest importance of a new web site (like www.suemurderemeles.org).so that we can get or send all necessary and up-to-date information. It also may help to start fund rise activities. It can run by group like Tensea radio support group.

Email: ddbho@hotmail.com

City: Aurora

Ankasa mind!

I heard what you said, but the bad thing is you are wrong.

My reason for not responding to your all garbage comments is that because, I have been under watch. I have been banned now and then for the last two weeks.
In the mean time, it funny to see you guys discussing about Tensae Radio.

As all you know many task forces have been created and vanished like an ash since EPRDF swept your former master Derg, but all went in vain to your disappointment. This also of course will go into vain.

Finally, it is my sincer advise you keep your wallet tight to avoid further disappointment.

Good Luck!

Correction Sincer = sincere

Mamo,

I got your point.Thanks for the clear message. But, if that is the case I don't see any new benefit from this legal wrangeling.It could only be part of the on going propaganda campaign.The opposition has been on the record for the last 14 years.

For the immunity issue, I still refer every one to read the legal documents.It is not about the U.S law, it is about international law.

For the rhetoric about accussing Meles for alleged human right violation, better informed that the court has no jurisdiction to handle any criminal case let alone such grand charges that fall under international law.

I am not sure you are not ready to hear such information.But, it is real.

Wish you all happy new year.

Email: Alemayehu-2005@yahoo.com

We all are witnesses for the crime of Meles and his parasites. We are with you for everything you need.

GOD bless Ethiopia.

Meles Go to hell!!

Email: i@yahoo.com

To have these little mad dogs (TPLF) cadres in our country was the worst punishment any nation has to receive with out knowing the reason why. These little boys born and grown up playing with stones and mud living a life close to animals is indeed a punishment or something unexplainable when they reached to our palace through very brutal means.
To see each of them individually takes time and it worth nothing, as they are nothing but criminal boys lived like rats for years before the reached to the city.
Imagine them before they went to Tigry Mountain and stony territory after Shabia created them. They were under Shabia command until 1991. They were also Shabia's agent openly until the friendly quarrel created war to massacre 70 thousands Ethiopians and destroyed the Economy. When they reached Addis, they looked like as if they were the last remained primitive people on Earth. They didn't know even how to use toilet. They didn't know how to live in a house as we witnessed many unexpected activities around our palace and other places. They were hanging their cloth, shoes, pants, soaks and the like everywhere in the capital city unable to know the difference between their life in guerrilla war and in the city as rulers..
Take Meles, he came from the banda families( Eritrean banda mother and Ethiopian banda father) Started from his Grandparents. He grown up with hate against Ethiopia. He is a little creature who became unable to attend Education and chose to kill people and destroy the country. His wife was/is a very bad cadre according to many reliable stories. she was giving orders and she also participated to kill many Ethiopian Solders and other TPLF fighters. Arkebe, he is meles's butler and servant. The head of Joint chief, a high schools drop out (11 grade), the defence Minister, a dergue Foot solder (10 Aleka) and the rest are now milliners. This defence minister have a house build with millions of dollars and is now rented by diplomats for many thousands per month. He bought a car for his 24 years son worth 80 thousands dollar and he has other properties. How is it possible, He, Azeb, Arkebe and the rest became the way they are now? There are thousands criminal activities committed by these criminals. It is to every true Ethiopian duty to come up with the criminal facts they committed to expose and punish them. Ethiopians born in Tigry or those who had/have close relationship and know secret criminal activities by these criminal boys have a moral obligation to come up and expose the criminals in front of the Ethiopian people and the world.

Email: W@hotmail.com

Endreas Eshete should be sued for frequently allowing troops to enter the university campause and also officially laying in VoA that students are not protesting...and everybody should participate and help to compile criminal records of each individuals which are immensly massive.

It is a very good chance for Ethiopian in Dispora to sue in US court for their 14 years crime. We shouldn't loose the opportunity

Email: ethiopeople

Mamo Quilo,

I appreciate your bold approach. If you are not intersted in what the law prescribe for such case, that is fine.I admit the case may have some short time PR benefits.

The basic issues about immunity and criminal charges has been addressed by Alemayehu01 and I just want every one take his comment seriously.

On the Yara issue, I still believe that the end result was disappointing for many of you.As it was stated by Alemayehu01 in his previous postings, the award was a private business and has nothing to do with diplomatic relations. So, don't try to cover up your frustration by confusing the public. The participation of officials of the Norway government has nothing to do with Meles's diplomatic relations.

Finally, I just want to remind you that international relation is purely determind by domestic affairs.So, the credibility of Meles will only be rated based on his success or failure in his domestic policies. If he shows rapid change in his poverty allevation and good governance programs, every nation will be more than happy to strenghen its relations with the government.In deed, they might be ready to re-double their support. That is why I don't worry about the diaspora character assassination and hatrad politics.

Let's stand in unisom for peace and rule of law.

Ali

Gebreselassie,

I am glad to learn you are being banned once ina while. Part of that is because of me. I have been showing Moderator that you have been abusing the forum by posting the same garbage in ten places. You have also been fould mouth. You moron. Were you expecting sympathy? Since when are you giving advice on lega lissues.

Sebara Kirar aka
Ankasa Doro

Ali and Alamayeuh01,

Let me give you a lesson or two on how to manipulate the law to advance political agenda. From Tinsae's Point of View it is all about political score. There is not a thing that you can do to avoid this. Yes, the court would not listen the murder charges for reasons that Ali noted in an earlier message. Yes, Meles would have the immunity cover against murcder carges. But no ne stops the defender from raising looting and embazelment issues, as it is closely related to the issue at hand.

Ali, only you can see the Yara issue a failure. It was an embarassment to Meles to be sneaked in anfd out through the back door. It is an ibarassment to him to see no official showed up a common practice in international relations. It was an imbarassment that the international coverage was about the credibility of the story as produced by the opposition not as fabricated and ppainted by Meles's operatives. The concerted effort did not have Yara cancel its award. That in any case was difficult to Yara, but they said i the future they wiuld be more careful in their selection. That is not a vote of confidence. So my brother the issue for Tensae is not legal it is political. We intend to help them to go the extra mile. Watch what the focus of Washington Post would be when the case starts. Ali, as you admited yourself it is a PR gift to the opposition from the moronic Prime Minister. So, take it from me, you have been served.
Any question?

Ankasa Doro

Ali,

One more point that is beyond funny it is almost laughable. It would have been OK if it came from morons such as Gebrefenafent and Alamayehu01. But coming as it did from you it is amazing, may be a little sign of desperation is rubbing its shoulder on you. The fanatics have been desperate for some time. Now even the collected and the moderates are showing a sign of desperation.

You wrote: "Finally, I just want to remind you that international relation is purely determind by domestic affairs. So, the credibility of Meles will only be rated based on his success or failure in his domestic policies. If he shows rapid change in his poverty allevation and good governance programs, every nation will be more than happy to strenghen its relations with the government. In deed, they might be ready to re-double their support. That is why I don't worry about the diaspora character assassination and hatrad politics."

A lesn or two. First, Meles does not have decades. His days are numbered. Alleviating poverty and regaining the confidence and the support of foreign nations would take, let us say, a decade or two. By that time, Meles is either in jail, dead or exciled. I agree with you in that the credibility of Meles will only be determined by his success or failure in his domestic policies. He has been judged by the nationals. He is a loot, a murderer and a moron judging him by his court case in Virginia. I did not mean to get on your nerves. But all your thinking facilities have been decimated by Mamo Qilo aka Ankasa Doro. All you have is your nerve. Poor thing. I am starting to feel sorry for you.

Mamo Qilo aka
Ankasa Doro aka
Sebara Kirar aka
Kedada MiTad aka
etc

Check for bank accounts in England, Switzerland or Sudan.
Check for relationships with the current president of Somalia who was staying in Kenya and where they were depositing their money. Meles used to stay in Somalia during his rebel life.
Examine his family bank account and the amount deposited and where it came from.
Where was Meles’s bank account before he came to power? How many bank accounts has he had?

Please ignore Ali and his like, who seem to be dying to get some attention, and go on with your wonderful ideas. Ali and his like are only worried and disturbed because they benefited from the looting and killings of Ethiopians by Meles, Bereket, and Co. and see their comfortable future coming to its end in front of their eyes. Jumping into discussions with deviated views and questions are Ali’s known tactics as instructed by Meles and Co. and are under his job description to divert attention from issues of concern to Ethiopians. He changes his name to Kebede, Ibrahim, etc. depending on the issue.

Whenever Meles/TPLF is cornered or is in trouble, you will find Ali limping here and there to distract and try to deceive.

Endreas Eshete should be sued for frequently allowing troops to enter the university campause and also officially laying in VoA that students are not protesting...and everybody should participate and help to compile criminal records of each individuals which are immensly massive.

It is a very good chance for Ethiopian in Dispora to sue in US court for their 14 years crime. We shouldn't loose the opportunity

Email: ethiopeople

Hi all I thought the following excerpt (hope it is not too long) from a recently published document (titled, perpetrators ....shall be brought to justice) might help on issues concerning prosecutions and other mechanisms. You may find the full document here:
http://www.nazret.com/php/uploadnews/search.php?misc=search&subaction=showfull&id=1124394006&archive=&cnshow=news&ucat=5&start_from=&

Excerpt

The Ethiopian government has the obligation to investigate and prosecute the serious state sponsored or condoned human rights violations under conventional international law as well as under Ethiopian Law. The government™s conventional international law obligation stems from treaties and conventions to which Ethiopia is a party, including the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the Convention against Torture and other Degrading and Inhumane Treatment or Punishment. Article 2 of the ICCPR provides that each state party has the duty to ensure that victims of human rights violations have an effective remedy, which has been interpreted to include compensation as well as investigation and prosecution in cases of conducts giving rise to criminal responsibility. The Torture Convention more specifically imposes a duty on states to investigate and punish acts of torture committed in their territory or by their nationals. The duty to prosecute gross human rights violations is also reiterated in various other international instruments and decisions of numerous international and regional organs. The United Nations Commission on Human Rights, in its resolution 1999/32, has stressed " that those who encourage, order, tolerate or perpetrate such acts (torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment) must be held responsible and severely punished. "
In addition to the clear proscriptions and penalties provided for under the Ethiopian penal Code, the 1994 constitution reaffirms the duty of the Ethiopian government to punish certain egregious crimes by exempting such crimes from the application of statutes of limitation and pardon or amnesty. Thus, Article 28 (1) of the Constitution states that statutes of limitation shall not apply to persons charged with crimes against humanity. The same Article also deprives iethe legislature or any other organ of statela off the power ioto pardon or give amnesty with regard to such offenses [as]-inhuman punishment, forcible disappearances, summary executions, acts of genocide.l, Moreover, the Ethiopian government has decided to prosecute officials of the previous regime for crimes ranging from minor offenses to genocide, a process that is going on for over a decade. However, the government has failed to show a similar determination when it comes to the egregious human rights committed since it came to power 14 years ago. Its standard response to allegations of wide spread abuses by domestic and international human rights groups and observers consists of angry reactions ranging from a blanket dismissal to blaming the accusers and the victims. In the handful of cases where it was pressured to conduct an investigation of sorts, the investigations were partial, non-transparent and often led to outcomes that either absolved the culprits or found few scapegoats. Accordingly, even if the government is to initiate an investigation into the recent abuses, such an investigation cannot be expected to be impartial and credible. In fact, recent pronouncements by senior TPLF/EPRDF officials justifying the massacre and repression make it unlikely that any investigation would take place despite calls from human rights groups and influential international actors. 20 However, the Ethiopian authorities, members of the army and security forces, must realize that the government cannot shield perpetrators of crimes against humanity and torturers from possible prosecution before an international tribunal or the national courts of other countries. In fact, refusal to investigate and prosecute or conducting a fake investigation provides a further proof of the implication of senior government officials as superiors or commanders.
Prosecution before an International Tribunal
There is currently no international criminal tribunal that has automatic jurisdiction over atrocities committed in Ethiopia. The territorial jurisdiction of the recently established International Criminal Court extends only to crimes committed in the territories, or by the nationals of state parties and Ethiopia is not a party to the Statute establishing the court. Nonetheless, the ICC can try crimes committed in Ethiopia, notwithstanding its non-party status, if the situation is referred to it by the United Nations Security Council. This was recently done with respect to crimes committed in Darfur, The Sudan. Alternatively, the United Nations Security Council can establish an ad hoc tribunal dealing only with crimes committed in Ethiopia. Such a tribunal can take two forms: a mixed Ethiopian-International tribunal, as is the case with the tribunals established in Sierra Leone and East Timor, for instance or a purely international tribunal, as is the case with the Tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda.
The only hurdle in both of the above respects is convincing members
of the Security Council that the situation in Ethiopia poses a threat to
international peace and security under Chapter VII of the UN Charter. While
this may appear to be insurmountable, there is enough reason to believe
that the current crisis and standoff could lead to a wider conflict that would
be highly detrimental to the stability of the whole region unless the
government is pressured to desist from repression and inflammatory
rhetoric. As such, the current crisis poses, at the very least, as much a
threat to international peace and security as the crisis in Haiti that
prompted the Security Council resolution authorizing the Operation to
Restore Democracy, in 1994. 21 In the above respects, the recent letter to
Prime Minister Meles Zenawi signed by 13 members of the United States
Congress reflects an acute realization of magnitude of the threat that current
situation poses. 22
Prosecution before National Courts Exercising Universal Jurisdiction
The understanding that crimes against humanity and other egregious human rights violations are matters of international concern has prompted a number of countries to exercise universal jurisdiction over such crimes no matter where they are committed. Such countries include Austria, Belgium, Burundi, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Finland, France, Ghana, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxemberg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the UK. 23 In several of these countries, the presence of the suspect is not a requirement for the initiation of criminal investigation while some of them require that the accused be present at the trial stage. On the other hand, all State Parties to the Convention Against Torture, which comprises about 138 countries including the ones listed above, are under an obligation to prosecute or extradite suspected torturers where the latter happen to be in their territories. Accordingly, perpetrators of gross human rights abuses in Ethiopia could be prosecuted for crimes against humanity or acts of torture outside Ethiopia. Likewise, the victims of human rights abuses can claim compensation in many of the above jurisdictions either as part of the criminal proceedings or separately.
Immigration Related Consequences for Perpetrators of Human Rights Abuses
Many countries have become increasingly reluctant to grant asylum
or refugee status to individuals suspected of serious rights abuses even if
they do not exercise universal jurisdiction on any of the grounds mentioned
above. The United States Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Act of 2004, is
the most recent demonstration of the above trend. Section 5501 of the said
Act, which amends the relevant sections of the Immigration and Nationality
Act 24 , provides for the inadmissibility and deportability of ifany alien who,
outside the United States, has committed, ordered, incited, assisted, or
otherwise participated in the commission oflm acts of torture or extrajudicial
killings. In fact, according to the amendment, even naturalized citizens can
be stripped of their citizenship and deported if they were found to have
committed acts of torture and extrajudicial killings abroad. 25
Complaint and Investigation Mechanisms within the United Nations System and
the African Union
There are a number of procedures under the United Nations system
which can be employed by victims or other individuals to bring complaints
against states. These procedures are not criminal proceedings in the sense
that they are not aimed at establishing individual criminal responsibility and
awarding punishment on perpetrators but are directed at enforcing the
obligations of states under international human rights law. The proceduresare divided in to two categories, treaty based complaint procedures and the
procedures before the United Nations Human Rights Commission. The former includes the complaint procedure provided under the Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Convention against Torture. Although Ethiopia is party to both conventions, individuals cannot bring complaints using the above procedures because it did not sign the relevant Optional Protocol and declaration (with respect to the Convention Against Torture).
The procedures of the United Nations Human Rights Commission on the other hand are open to complaints against any member state of the United Nations. Most relevant to the present Ethiopian context are the following thematically organised mechanisms, known as Special Procedures. The Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances, The Special Rapporteur on Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, The Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial, Summary or Arbitrary Executions, The Working Group on Arbitrary Detention, The Special Rapporteur on the Promotion and Protection of the Right to Freedom of Opinion and Expression, and Special Representative of the Secretary-General on the situation of human rights defenders.
Any or all of the above procedures can be employed to bring to the
UN™s attention the specific human rights abuses in Ethiopia and demand the
intervention of the pertinent organs. Thus, complaints may be filed by or on
behalf of the families of victims of torture, arbitrary killings, enforced
disappearances, torture, arbitrary and human rights defenders seeking
immediate relief, compensation or the initiation of on site investigation by a
UN appointed organ. Relief can also be sought with respect to the banning of
demonstrations and political assemblies by filing a complaint with the
Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Opinion and Expression. 26
The African Charter on Human and Peoples™ Rights also provides
complaint procedure for violations of the rights guaranteed under the
charter and international human rights law. Accordingly, individuals, non-
governmental organisations and member states can file a complaint before
the African Commission for Human and Peoples™ Rights. 27

For Lord's sake you Tultula Bozenes, Stop dreaming of counter-suit & bring your evidences of your total lie allegations against the PM. Don not try to confuse the publice by shifting the focus!! The question here is... where is your evidence for your tutltula weres???
Shame on You!! & Shame on your listners - enanten semtoa Lemiyamn Yiblagnilet!!! Tebab, Denkoro Neftegna hulu......

Email: finfine@oromo.com

City: Finfine

Finfine,

You keep on asking, where is the evidence for the allegation.

The evidences will be provided to their lawyers when they will have their day in court, but not to you on the Intenet. You got it?

We love your ideas and many Ethiopians are supporting you. There is no doubt that you working in the best interest of Ethiopia and that is why you have become the threat to Meles and Co. Independent media and democracy are Meles and Co.’s nightmare.

Finfine

I see how TPLF cadres are confused, desperate and worried just like their leader Meles. As usual they are resorting to their ignorant and primitive comments. They simply lack the civil discourse and the ability to communicate effectively with anybody. When will you guys ever learn that the two-faced, separatist group TPLF has no credibility in Ethiopia at all? You cannot stay in power by force with primitive and divisive plans. That is why CUD was overwhelmingly elected. You are standing alone with your primitive autocratic and authoritative style while the civilized world is telling you to step down.

finfine,

Haaaaaaaaahahaaaaa, you are not in Addis Ababa you can not call Agazi to harass and kill. "Neftega" do you konw what it means? get out of the woods for a moment your brain is still in the woods. "Neftega".
Neftega means one that is not easily defetead or taken advantge of.(mebtun askebari) the white man,colonizer of Africa hated Neftega most African countries whish they had NEFETGA.

Where is the money?????? you and the CEO/PM Zenawi know where it is. Tell us, is it in the name of the party? how do you (cadres) get paid? is it in the form of sahres? tell us how?? remember you came out of the woods look what you have now. Nobody has to tell us obout the rotten system,and the empire you built in the name of your party. it is out there in the open you killd for it too. you will kill again,and again. nefesegedayehulu! ataferm?/rim.

One possible source of evidence is the charges Meles an Co filed against former members of TPLF/EPRDF including Tamirat Layne and Seye Abereha.

In the charges filed against these people TPLF must have indicated how and where these accused stole money and deposited. The current TPLF officials must be using similar tactics.

Also those now in prison or out of TPLF's favor should be called as witnesses as they know the crimes committed by their former commerades.

Any publications on the charges and court decisions on people accused of Musena should be used as one source of information.

If Meles was in the bushes fighting to 'liberate us', where did his wife, brother...get the capital to be an overnight richs?

We should help Tinsae Radio and otthe Ethiopians whom Meles try to silence by helping them pay for the legal fee.

Wow! It is hard to believe that Meles is suing a radio station because they reported that he has a bank account, but it is ok for him to murder innocent people and get away with it. How could this be possible? It doesn’t make sense. Meles could have used the money to feed the hungry instead of wasting the money on lawyers. What a shame!! This ToTa face has stepped on us. I will donate what I can to Tinsae radio. Please let us do our best to help them.

Please check what others have done already to get an idea of how you want to proceed. The Anuak have already taken action against the GELGEL FASCHISTOCH.
Check out www.anuakjustice.org/

"For crimes against humanity, a claim has been filed against the Ethiopian government at International Criminal Court at The Hague, Netherlands, Anuak Justice Council, June 13, 2005"

Email: nile@nile-hospital.ccom

Dear "HAGOS":
Atkeld! you are not a Tigrayan and you cannot full us. What you are asking and what you are dreaming even doesnot make an amhara as well. It puts you in the "neftenga" that is the radical amhara who used to kill and oppress all Ethiopian people. You are acting like Hailu Araya. A weak 6th killo English teacher who made himself close to mengistu when legesse asfaw killed 2500 hawzen people.
'Hagos' is Tigrayan name but not you .
Shame on you to try to full us

Ali,

Mr. Legal analyst, Where are you? Are you now convinced that Tinsae is playing this law case brilliantly, by politicizing the legal case and focusing on winning the political bottle even at the risk of losing the legal case. I know you wished they kept to the legal issues strictly, but from our point of view it would be stupid not to poliicize the case and score political points. As I told you the most that can happen is Tensae would be fined trillion dollars and will be forced to retract the story. All they need to do is close Tensae and open Tinsae II, incorporated in Maryland rather than in VA. All they wold need is to have new board members.

I told you your master was very stupid to bring this to court. You may say he needs to do that to clear his name. As I have told you in the past his name is more dirty than a radio active waste and cannot be cleared. No bleach can clean it up. Any question?

Ankasa Dor aka
Sebara Kirar aka
Mamo Qilo

Mamo Quilo,

I am still interested on the legal process. You have the right to use it for any political campaign.

The validity of the case should be judged by its legal merit than its PR service.

I am not intersted to discuss on issues of political rhetoric and I am inviting lawyers to have legal talk'

Bye Mamo,

Ali

Email: Ali001-2005@yahoo.com

I think it would be a good Idea if the acusers physically appear at the US court, to show his or their respect for the united states law and constitution. 'Law suit by proxy' is disrespect of the US court that is handling the case, by implication to American Laws and Its constitution.

Otherwise Meles and his 'Eritrean *******s' group's game in American Courts is understimating the justice system of USA.They can play in thier cangroo courts in Ethiopia which they tyranicall clinch to power,but not in the country of Liberty and Freedom.

So strongly request the prime Minister and his mafia ring including his wife to appear in court as acuisers
to show respect to American Justice system.They are not magnanimus than the American Law.

Email: simon.africanfestival.net

Ali,

If your interest is legal in form and substance you are discussing the wrong issue.

Sebara Kirar

I think meles is the most foolish wise person any body can think of. He acused tensae only because he taught that the news may change the atitude of the people while strugling for survival. In any case he is a killer and I am sure he will face the court just like Sadam or other, it is only a matter of time. BUT IF WE WANT THE TIME TO BE SOONER WE NEED TO BE UNITED AGAINST HIM BY HELPING TENSAE.

Death to tyrants and killers.

Victory to the Ethiopian people.
Last but least "Ali why don't you go to hell with meles"

Dear Selam Betigil:

"doro bitalim tirewan" yilal amhara siterit. I did not say I am from this or that origin. But you like the eleder brother of Satan(Satan has no any other elder brother but Melese)are invaded by oncogenic virus called ethnovirus. Why don't you get cure or die from this malignancy of ethinicity? If you are not Melese himself (Ato Abebe, Ato legese or whatever fake name he has), you are his spy. Otherwise I know what my Tigrean brothers and sisters think inside. They know that Shabia used Tigrean youths for decades for libration of Ertrea. They know Etrea is built under the blood of Tigreans. They know Shabia still fulls Tigreans as it does for decades. The coordinator of all this evil act is "Ato Abebe". Therefore, Tigreans should play primary rule to prosecute the devil. Devil comes in different forms and so does Meles. I am sure, because meles is made of threads of lies, to escape the charges he will say "my name is not Meles but Abebe" in the court house. He will call you as witness. I will stand by the prosecutors side and we will meet there.

Hagos,
You said it all thank you. The Devil,Cadres,agazi,Selam betegl are animals their mind is still in the woods.

BBC
Meles - We are not out of the woods yet. We are trying to get out of it. We've made some progress. But we are not out of the woods yet............

the trouble with melese and his co is that they think that they are the best, the know it all. at the end we have discovered that they just forcefully misled us.

City: Addis

Dear Mamo,

I am addicted to Tensai radio, they are doing a great job. I enjoy the news and the music. I have got an idea, as part of their fund raising, by consuting some artists, why can't they release an album (collection of the music they play on their show). I will definitely buy the collection.

Let me know what you think.

Love to Ethiopia

City: AA

Mina,

I must admit that I have never listened to Tensae radio. I think your idea is great to help them raise fund. I will support them in any type of fundraising. Meles has given them a New Year's gift. They need to be ready for a counter sue even if he withdraws his case. We need to form "Lawyers support group for Tensae Radio" This can be a restricted email discussion forum that ER can organize.

I know for example, Professor Getache Haile's daughter was the first black woman editor of the Harvard Law Review. Her American husband who graduated with her from HArvard is considered to be one of the great legal minds in the US. There are very many. How do we tap into their talent.

Ankasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo

what will happen if tensi radio loss its case?some of you may think Tensai 2nd will follow.i very much doubt.this decision will frastrate all radio stations and websites like ER who has been writing what ever you like irrespective of the possble legal consequnces.the west has been a "free land" where you can write any thing about the ethiopian gov. and its officials with out fear of facing law suit.the ethiopian government ,though,late has finally come with best solution which can silence you with lesser cost.i think you have to look for some other tactic

Email: bdesalegnb@yahoo.com

Meles should be sued as a criminal who executed and organized, with master minding the killings of hundreds of Ethiopians, whether Tigreans, Amhara, Oromo, Gurage , Afar, Kembata or Gambella people. He should stand before the court of law as a killer since 1978 is killing. Ample evidence are available with the then Tigre Libration Front members, in Tigray and most recent evidence since 1991. He deserve death in public execution or hanging him in Addis Ababa. We patriotic tigreans who are struggling to bring him down, we who were in bush fighting agains Derg are evidence for this. We Tigreans must unite and stand against this tyrants with our brothers and sisters in other parts of Ethiopia.

Email: Ahagos@yahoo.com

City: Washington

Mina Wrote "I have got an idea, as part of their fund raising, by consuting some artists, why can't they release an album (collection of the music they play on their show). I will definitely buy the collection."

Mina:

This is a good idea and I am all for it. It is no use to shout slogans on this forum unless we put our finacial muscel behind the effort. I do not belive that Tinsae initiated this jsut to hear us say BIRTU as there is no shortage of that.

I propsed the following else where and and repeat it here:

1. Put all the inspiring songs by Solomon Tkalegne on one CD and include all the songs that frequently play on Tinsae on one CD.

2. Find other inspirational singers from the Ormomo and Tigrai etc culture to make it complete

3. Include the Poem EMBEGNE NEW DEGU on each CD to make an album of 2 cd's.

This can go a long way raise funds as well as intensify the resistance.

I am not sure of the American law and to what extent the counter claim could be made use of ,but if it does the folowing might be of help:

Background on the Alien Tort Claims Act
Passed in 1789, the ATCA grants jurisdiction to U.S. federal courts to hear complaints by foreign nationals for torts in violation of the “law of nations or a treaty of the United States.”

Beginning in 1981, in the landmark Filartiga decision, U.S. courts have recognized that a limited number of international crimes including genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, torture, “disappearances,” extrajudicial executions, forced labor and prolonged arbitrary detention, violate the "law of nations” and that claims for such abuses therefore can be brought under the ATCA.

The Torture Victim Protection Act of 1991 (TVPA) approved of these court decisions and extended rights to U.S. citizen plaintiffs to bring claims against individuals acting under "actual or apparent authority, or color of law, of any foreign nation,” for torture and extrajudicial killing.

Atrocity victims normally encounter enormous difficulties in vindicating their rights. In most cases, the victims cannot seek redress in the country where the abuse occurred. ATCA and TVPA cases provide a U.S. forum for victims to tell their stories to a court and can create a judicial record of their suffering. Although awards under ATCA and the TVPA, including punitive damages, may never be recovered, they are meant to send a message to others that such conduct is unacceptable. Victims are empowered and perpetrators are, in effect, barred from the United States for fear of recovery action. The suits also allow U.S. courts to articulate principles of international law applicable in the United States

Under the ATCA and the TVPA, cases have been brought against the former dictator of Haiti, Prosper Avril; the self-proclaimed leader of the Bosnian Serbs, Radovan Karadzic; a Guatemalan defense minister and Indonesian military officials, among many others. In a class-action civil suit against the estate of Ferdinand Marcos, the former dictator of the Philippines who had substantial assets in the United States, victims are receiving a large sum of money. Three victims from El Salvador filed suit against two top Salvadoran Generals, Jose Guillermo Garcia and Carlos Eugenio Vides Casanova, who were living in retirement in Florida. In 2002, a jury in West Palm Beach Florida found the generals liable for torture and ordered them to pay $54.6 million in damages to the three plaintiffs.

More recently, ATCA suits have been filed against multinational corporations accused of direct complicity in crimes committed by foreign governments and their security forces. For example, plaintiffs suing the oil company UNOCAL allege that it hired highly abusive Burmese military units to provide security for a gas pipeline project, and that the military used forced labor and committed other grave human rights abuses in direct furtherance of UNOCAL’s interests. The oil company Talisman has been sued for allegedly allowing Sudanese military forces to use its facilities to stage operations against civilians, and for providing vehicles and fuel to those forces. ExxonMobil has been accused of providing equipment and logistical support to Indonesian forces who killed and tortured civilians. None of these cases has yet gone to trial.

Email: hagere@ethiopia.com

City: addis abeba

Hager Wedad,

Thank you all NeTsanet Radio needs is a window of opportunity to raise these issues for public consumption, with the print and electronic media in mind. They should maximize this and pay not too much attention to the legal issue itself. They shoud also try to stretch the case for years. When it cames to twisting things and throwing political punch, they can count on me. I am a cruel SOB. Hard to ignore and hard to argue with.

Abo Paulos aka
Mamo Qilo

Mr. Negiso:

1. What if Tinsae lost the case? An equally valid qustion would have been "What if EPRDF fractured along ethinic lines of its own making?" That is more likely to happen than Tinsae loosing the case.

2. Even if Tinsae lost the case, it stands to gain more for our folks in bondage,including you in the long run.

3. "the west has been a "free land" where you can write any thing about the ethiopian gov. and its officials with out fear of facing law suit--"

Has been? I did not hear it is about to end unless the whole TPLF plans to uproot and move to Verginia to end it. Wouldn't that be a God send for the people of our land?! In any case, facing a law suit only has the desired fear- effect in TPLF terriory were the jusdge,witness and jury is one and the same-not in the West.

4. Who said ER or Tinsae is "writing anything"? By this I suppose you mean unsubstanciated facts? Rest assured they know the laws and cutoms of the country in which they operate and do not get their reporting guide lines from highscool drop outs.

5. Can you tell us how they intend to pay for the lawyers that charge 500 dollars an hour per lawyer on thier meager salary of 400 dollars per month?? Oh, never mind I forgot that they will explain it to the world neatly in court. Hope that their Chinese friends have told them the ancient Oriental saying " one who pokes a stick into the bush will end up awakening a snake"

Tensae radio sued by Melese & Co.?the question's is Melese going to the witness stand?this's is not woyane grand jurry where you can intimidate people or buy.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

I think the rare aportunity when the judje ask melese did you not?have?how many?when melese attornies screaming?over rule.

I'm sure the judje will ask the witness on stand including Azeb Golla how she bought the house in NY.

WHO SOLD THE HOUSE TO HER?WHOSE MONEY?IF SHE SAID SHE BOUGHT THE HOUSE THE REAL STATE AGENT WILL STAND AS WITNESS THEN THE WHOLE THING WILL BE BE HELL FREZZ TILL MELESE START TALKING.

I hope one of the victims parents sue the Ethiopian Govt. leader Meles in international Court. Hopefully, some International lawyer that work for Human Rights can to take this case. If Meles sue people b/s they said something he didn’t agree with then he definitely should stand for trial for giving an order to kill innocent people including children. He shouldn’t get away with murder.

I think, one of the important questions ought to be about his role and accountability in the massacre of the 40 people in Addis. If I am not mistaken, the NUREMBERG trial makes it clear that not only those who did the shooting but also who order even implicitly are legally responsible. What makes it interesting in this case is that the prime minister took over the security forces the night or so before and even came on television to announce it. That, legally, is very incriminating. Remember many of the defendents at Nuremberg did not even have to give written order. Now, the only difference is in the case of South Africa's peace and reconcilation commitee where the guilty were accused on the basis of proximity to the crime, but the peace and reconcilation commitee had a different purpose, therefore the ones giving order on the top in almost all cases were let off the hook.

Good luck!!
Tsema

Email: gedion101@yahoo.com

City: New York

This is what I am expecting of-Melese & Co. must be suit. The gangs must be cracked down. They have been killing innocent citizens. They have been stealing great deal of wealth and they want to continue these intolarable actions.

We all must do all effort to bring them to justice.

Bravo Tensae Radio.

Long Live Ethiopia

Email: gone_p97@yahoo.com

City: Atlanta

Mr. Negiso:

I am not living in the US so I do not listen to any of the radios you mentioned other than Tinsae. If as you say those other radios are racists I condemn them.

I am simply defending Tinsae as they did not call Meles a thif. Instead, they simply reported what was being said by othres and the story did not originate from Tinsae. Reporting by quoting others ( giving credit) is the accepted manner of rporting -I think even in develpoing countries. For this, Meles thought he found the perfect oportunity to kill an ulternate source of information to our people by simply by bringing charges aginst Tinsae under the disgise of defamation. Let us face it, the whole lot have not got much of an honour to protect to begin with and they know that deep inside. You may hate all the radio stations, but do you see the more sinister game behind this particular law suite? That is what is bothering me.

I an not aware of Alamudi's story and can not comment on tht. I do think he is a person of integrity quite unlike the others and he is doing a lot of good for Ethiopia. I do not condemn him for supporting EPRDF becasue it is his right. It is also clear that he gives to all and not just EPRDF.

Email: nile@nile-hopspital.com

Congragulation on your consideration to get order of a court to depose Melese.
ST

Email: sintayehu.tsehay@wuk.at

City: Vienna/austria

""Tensae Radio lawyers are considering to obtain a court order to depose Meles Zenawi while in New York.""

Just do it for God's sake we need to see action and not talk only!!

Email: nile@nile-hopspital.com

Ethiopian Government Violently Quashes Protests in Addis Ababa

Ethiopian Student Association International
PRESS RELEASE April 23, 2001 Posted to the web April 23, 2001

Addis Ababa

At least 39 Ethiopians were killed and over 250 wounded by police gunfire on April 18 as lashes between Ethiopian police and civilians escalated in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, following student protests demanding greater academic and political freedom.

Chronology of events (complied from reports by BBC, Agence France Presse, Reuters, Daily Monitor, UN Integrated Regional Information Network, Pan African News Agency, Addis Tribune, and Ethiopian News Agency-no reports seen to date on CNN or Associated Press): Tuesday, April 10: Over 3,000 students at Addis Ababa University started boycotting classes to press several demands, including: The re- instatement of the student council The right to have council representatives nominated by students rather than university officials Resumption of publication of the banned student newspaper Representation on the university senate A say in the nomination of the university president and drafting of the university charter.

Wednesday, April 11: While students were holding a peaceful demonstration, hundreds of police armed with rifles and batons invaded the campus, where they violently beat and shot at students. About 50 students were hospitalized, several with severe injures, includes head injuries and broken arms and legs. Other students were arrested.

Fleeing students were pursued to their dormitories, where pools of blood, broken batons, shattered glass, and bullet holes in the wall were later witnessed by BBC's Nital Bahalla, who photographed injured students and a wall and floor spattered with blood. Monday, April 16: A second round of talks involving student leaders and government officials reportedly deadlocked over the timing of the withdrawal of the armed police from campus. The Ministry of Education gave the students a deadline to return to classes by noon Wednesday or face permanent expulsion from the university.

Tuesday April 17: In the midst of a peaceful rally by university and secondary school students outside Addis Ababa University campus, a group of about 100 protestors started throwing rocks and bottles at the police. Hundreds of riot police then trapped the protestors along a small road and charged at them from all directions.

Here is the eye-witness report of BBC's Nital Bhalla, who characterized the incidents she witnessed at "brutal". As the rioters dispersed, the special force officers pursued them beating them mercilessly, even as the rioters continued surrendered and pleaded with them to stop. Many lay motionless on the ground as the police continued to beat and kick them. Some of the officers stormed the homes of civilians living and working in the area, looking for more of the rioters, but finding none then began beating women and young children. As I tried to record the screams of the women, they turned on me and began pushing and shoving me out of the way. They snatchedmy camera as I tried to take pictures of the atrocities, saying that I should not portray Ethiopian to the world in this way. When I protested, they grabbed the sound recorder and threw it to the ground smashing it to pieces.

At least two people had been killed by police gunfire by Tuesday evening, and many more wounded. On Tuesday evening, protestors set fire to eight cars parked at the Organization for National Examination.

Wednesday April 18: Long before the noon deadline fro students to return to their classes, sounds of automatic rifles and ambulance sirens were heard in various areas of the city. Cars and pedestrians fled from the directions the gunshots were being heard.

Two students were killed when police forced themselves into the Menelik II High School. One was severely batoned on the head and the other was hit by a rubber bullet on the head. Over 15 ambulances were witnessed coming in and out of the school compound to remove the many injured. Students sought refuge in neighboring churches and mosques. Hundreds were later rounded up by the police in spite of protesting clergy, forced into military trucks, and driven 20 miles away from the

city to the Ethiopian Police College at Sendafa.

The Ethiopian government warned opposition political parties to "refrain from trying to Exploit the situation and promote anarchy in the city, "and closed the university indefinitely. Local schools were closed until Monday.

Thursday April 19: The streets were clam as police patrolled in armored vehicles.

Parents whose children had not returned home gathered at the mortuary gates. Families demanded to know the whereabouts of the arrested students.

The opposition Ethiopian Democratic Party (EDP), reported that one of their members, Tawfic Lale weshengo, was shot dead by security forces at this home, and that about 40 EDP members were arrested, including secretary general Lidetu Ayalew and executive memberTamirat Tarekegn. EDP President Admasu Gebyhew denied the arrested members had any role in the violence. "We do not entertain violence as a means of political struggle," he told Reuters. "We are against the use of violence."

"Unless the government takes tough and appropriate actions, it has become difficult to maintain peace and security of the public," the federal police said in a statement released to the press. The statement also said that "the so-called human rights organization have attempted to snatch weapons from the riot police." State radio and television referred to demonstrators as "hoodlums and thugs".

Amnesty International waned that Ethiopian security forces were using "excessive force against students and other demonstrators" and said security forces had reportedly fired at demonstrators and were continuing to round up people. Hospitals could "hardly cope with the number of those injured".Solidarity protest have taken place at other universities and colleges throughout the country. The body of a dead student was found in Michele in northern Ethiopia, after he had taken part in peaceful protests there against police brutality at Addis Ababa University.

Among the US organizations that have expressed concern about the injured and arrested students are the New York Academy of Sciences, Ethiopia Student Association International, Stanford University Ethiopian Students Union, San Jose State University Ethiopian Students Association, UC Berkeley Ethiopian Students Association Alumni, Delaware State University Ethiopian Students Union, and UC Davis Ethiopian Students.

Copyright © 2001 Ethiopian Student Association International. Distributed by

AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).

Folks,

Don't sterch too much because you will finally be forced to admit that all the bla...bla.. are bubbles.It is like "GUM MEZGEN". You have no facts at hand and you are fully ignorant of international law and international relations. Your lawyers are decieving you.

Finally, all the lies and propaganda will be decimated easily.

Stop your day dream and try to open your eyes to facts.
Regards,

Email: Alemayehu01-2005@yahoo.com

Facts

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What the government is doing is terrible. My son was protesting and was shot four times just because he tried to save a woman from being shot. I hope that the international community will help us.
Charles Zenawi, Addis Ababa

I have friends out in Ethiopia and I have just come back from a three month trip. While out there I did not meet one person planning to vote for the party in power, except those scared not to. Everyone wanted the opposition. There was huge tension, rumours spread suggesting the party would refuse to step down. What has happened does not surprise me, yet I'm shocked and scared. The current party does not know human rights.
Anon, UK, Beds

I am also a witness. The shooting was everywhere, even though it was very serious in places like Merkato. What I can understand from this killing is that they wanted to kill and wound as many protesters as they can and blame the opposition parties.
Nebiat, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

I'm a medical intern doctor in Black Lion Hospital. What I have seen today is beyond my imagination. I couldn't believe Ethiopian troops could shoot and kill a sixteen year old female high school student who was shot in the head. The hospital is crowded with victims of violence by this unlawful government, we are facing with a significant shortage of blood, and other emergency medicines, even gauzes and hydro-peroxide for wound cleansing is out. People are everywhere.

Crying mothers are disrupting life saving efforts by the medical team when they find their son/daughter has been dead. There is too much screaming and total havoc. Please America, the UK, the West - where is the compassion for innocent human life? This government will destroy the country and will lead it to tribal warfare if it is not stopped. I have to go now. I am just taking a break to check the BBC News. Please help us.
Yohannes Seyoum, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Facts:

HT - They did not have a single gun amongst them?

Meles - I have not heard of any guns here.

HT - No guns at all?

Meles - Uhm.

HT - Even the police are not claiming they had guns?

Meles - Uhm.

Ato Hagos:
here you are !!!
The big and foulsmelling discharge idea of yours is that you believe Eritreand were liberatd by the hands of the Tigreans. This sentimet itself tells who you are. No tigryan believes that TPLF liberated Eritrea but they helped each other in toppling your father derg as your CUD and UEDF are trying to do so.
so ayte hagos chenawi bekhti amharai tibehal niskha
nimen ehksa kiteatrelu
denkoro anjal(wedi elu)

What about his criminal in 70,000 Ethiopian young "wotader" who killed Ethio-Eritria war with out any resualt.

Email: Ddbho@hotmail.com

City: Dc