Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I call for a non stop, country wide and simultaneous civil disobedience

The rottenness of the Weyane and their series of anti democratic actions in a futile attempt to abort the democratic process is already observed by the Ethiopian people and the international community. Recently the European Union mercilessly unmasked the cowardly, anti democratic actions of the Weyane. The correctness of the EU report should be triumphantly demonstrated by the forth coming unstoppable struggle against TPLF fascists. The struggle here after should be well coordinated all over Ethiopia. Demonstration here today, there tomorrow will expose us for Weyane repression machinery to crush it easily. It has to be simultaneous and country wide and a non stop till the peoples voice is respected

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

Re: I call for a non stop, country wide and simultaneous civil disobedience

SO DO I! SO DOES EVERYBODY!

Email: elleni@yahoo.com

Hagere Ethiopia,

I am not sure if the credibility of the report is still intact after the strong rebuttal from Meles. Any idea? It seems Meles has already put most of the report to picies.I didn't find any factual response neither from the author nor the opposition.Why not, then, you deal first with this real issue.

Your quest for civil disobidence is, to say the least,unrealstic. Such measures are only possible when there is a strong middle class community. I am sure you are aware that more than 80% of our population are farmers. So, are you telling them to boycott their daily farm work? That is illusion.Or are you telling them to violate the law? That is also against their interst of peaceful life.So, what are you really suggesting?

Please stop day dreaming and focus on the only option we have-political dialogue.Get it? You better do.

Regards,

Email: Alemayehu-05@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Alemayehu01:
It is NOT going to take us 17 years, not even 17 hours. You are very coward and selfish guys, seeing the unstoppable tide you will abscond to Eritrea. By the way, we need no advise from yeshabia kitregna and the number one enemy of the Ethiopian people. Shut your filthy mouth!

Alemayehu01,

Let me respond to your questions and render you lifeless.

You wrote: "I am not sure if the credibility of the report is still intact after the strong rebuttal from Meles. Any idea? It seems Meles has already put most of the report to picies.I didn't find any factual response neither from the author nor the opposition."

First, Ana Gobez, is not going to bring hersefl down to the level your PM has sunck himself to. Secod, you can read Professor Mamo Muchie's reply"

You wrote: "Your quest for civil disobidence is, to say the least,unrealstic. Such measures are only possible when there is a strong middle class community. I am sure you are aware that more than 80% of our population are farmers. So, are you telling them to boycott their daily farm work? That is illusion. Or are you telling them to violate the law?"

First, who told you civil disobiedience is against the law? What law? Peaceful demonstration is one of the pilars of democracy, like a free media is.

Second, you do not need 100% of the population to come out in droves for civil and peaceful demonstration. Three million in Addis and 500 in each of the major cities would do the job. Did you know that the recent velvet and orange revolutions did not involve 100% of their respective population. There is such thing called critical mass. In most cases it is 500,000 to 2 million depending on the country.

This seems to terrorize you and your master. Have you seen Meles's picture in Norway? He looked pale and recuperating from long and serious illnes.

You said: "Please stop day dreaming and focus on the only option we have-political dialogue.Get it? You better do." The opposition has been saying let us talk. Meles has been saying, No, I will talk and you listen. Please tell him that period is gone, done with. I think I rendered you lifeless. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards,

Ankasa Doro aka
Joro Tebi aka
Mamo Qilo aka

Ankasa Doro aka
Joro Tebi aka
Mamo Qilo aka

You did a great job. I was about to say the same thing. You did it. Job well done. This time around, you have truly rendered that nut lifeless.

Mamo,

I doubt if you know what lifless is meant.

Your message is self-contradictory. On the one hand, you are telling us "peaceful demonstration is possible and legally allowed" while on the other, you are talking about an "orrange revolution".

Don't you see the contradiction? If any demostration is aimed at taking state power, by no standard taht demonstration can be peaceful.You call it velvet or so, that is not allowed under the Ethiopian law.

The critical mass illusion? It seems you don't understand the existing federal system. It is a federal system and you cant power switch is not limited to Addis(as it were before). Every state has the right to decide on its affairs and any measure at the center will only push them to take radical measures.The taletell of Addis is everything has gone for good.You are still in day dreaming.

The dialogue issue? You didn't get it. Infact, it is working against the opposition. They are now caught between their few supporters violent position and joining the parliament.If they didn't decide in time, the outcome will be determintal to their political future.

Get It? You better do.

Alemayehou01:
I guess you are afraid of "revolution" irrespective of its nature. Revolution means fundamental change. The means could be violent or peaceful. It is the people who shold install Mr X or Y or Group X or Y to power and that very people whose voice suppressed can remove the scoundrels by any means necessary. Regarding the Georgian case BBC at the time reported "A peaceful revolution removed Georgian President Eduard Shevardnadze from power Sunday, ending three weeks of protests over disputed election results". So, there is a peaceful revolution. If your denkoro TPLF fascists resist peoples' uprising that could turn violent. The ball is in your court. CLEAR???

THERE IS EVEN INTERNET SITE ABOUT THE PEACEFUL REVOLUTION IN GEORGIA:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/europe/july-dec03/georgia_11-24.html

Email: gmedhane@yahoo.com

Alemayehu01:
If the TPLF fascists try to make a peaceful revolution impossible, they will definitely make a violent one inevitable. It is true the ball is in the fascists court.

Email: kd@yahoo.com

Hagere,

You wrote:

"Demonstration here today, there tomorrow will expose us for Weyane repression machinery to crush it easily. It has to be simultaneous and country wide and a non stop till the peoples voice is respected. "

I agree. The oppostion groups need to work closely with the civic groups. The Ethiopian people are behind them.

Nestanet

Alemayehu01,

You talked about dialogue. What you are engaged in is monologue. You hear only yourself and you are convinced that you are convincing.

Let me help you understanb where your message breaks for lack of internal consistency and coherence.

You wrote: "Your message is self-contradictory. On the one hand, you are telling us "peaceful demonstration is possible and legally allowed" while on the other, you are talking about an "orrange revolution" Don't you see the contradiction?"

First, peaceful demonstration is an ileinabel right. Meles violated this when he banned peaceful demonstration. Second who told you that peaceful demonstration and orange revolution are mutually exclusive. Who told you they are contradictory.

You argured: "If any demostration is aimed at taking state power, by no standard that demonstration can be peaceful. You call it velvet or so, that is not allowed under the Ethiopian law." Whether it is allowed or not it is coming your way. The people have evry right to demand that their voices be heard. All international observers (barring Paulos of the Orthodox church and some corrupt AU ambassadors) have made it clear that your master has cheated. So in your book stealing the peoples vote is permitted but the peoples right to peacefully protest the daylight robbery is illegal.

You wrote: "The critical mass illusion? It seems you don't understand the existing federal system. It is a federal system and you cant power switch is not limited to Addis(as it were before). Every state has the right to decide on its affairs and any measure at the center will only push them to take radical measures.The taletell of Addis is everything has gone for good.You are still in day dreaming."

You are still in denial mode. You lost in 90% every voting station where international observers observed. This is true not only in Addis, but also in the south, including in Oromo region. What does it tell you when UEDF won more seats that your OPDO? What does it tell you that CUD won more seats in the south than OPDO? The critical mass is real, it is not illusion. You are rejected in every region. What I said is a critical mass in all major cities and you are finished.

You wrote: "The dialogue issue? You didn't get it. Infact, it is working against the opposition. They are now caught between their few supporters violent position and joining the parliament.If they didn't decide in time, the outcome will be determintal to their political future."

Really? This is what I mean by monologue. This is what you say when you talk with Ibrahim and gebrelekuskus. The momentum is biuildng and soon it would become a Tsunami. Ask Yilma. Ask Ethiopian. Do yo understand why they have been in hybernation theses days?
You did not answer me one question. Why did Meles look pale and ill in Oslo? Why did he look heart and fuming mad at the G8 meeting. Why was he pushed all the way back wehn he is a member of the Tony Balir commission and when other African leaders who wre not even a member of the commission were standing up front. Why was he wearing sun glasses? You tell me if he is a happy camper these days. May be he knows what you have failed to notice. Any question?

This time you must accept, I rendered you lifeless.

Mamo Qilo aka
Joro tebi aka
Tengara Gundan aka
Yimer Ali

Thank you Hagere Ethiopia.

Mamo Qilo

Hagere Ethiopia, I agree with you. It has to be done in unison.

Meles & Co. are in a state of panick, they have lost the support of most people, the EU and the USA. As soon as someone is against them they talk of war or conflict, as that is the only thing they master. Who would want this man to represent their country. He is rude and a killer. How many more people are we going to allow him to kill.

He has to go.

What are the opposition waiting for, their delay is buying the mad dogs time.

We want our country back. They can take Tigrai if they wish but the rest of us must work together.

Have you heard the news there is a mass movement of military personnel to the north? it was in Tensai radio yesterday.

City: AA

Mamo:
You are welcome!

Mamo, Mina &co,

Our discussion seems to take us anywhere.Now, there is no new idea that need serious dicussion.

Please come up with new issues and new vigor.I have totally lost interst in the issues under dicussion. The temperature is getting down, both in the diaspora and at home. That is natural.Every one seems going back to his/her buisness as usual.The tense situation is almost over.

Hence, if you can't come up with topical issues the so called cyber/internet war( I better call it constructive enggagement) should stop here.

Wish you nice time!

Alemayehu01

We are sick and tired of hearing from people like you Alemayehu01. The majority of us are interested to hear from Mamo Qilo and Mina.

Alemayehu01/Meles,

If you have lost interest, why don't you go and creat another forum just for TPLF mad dogs.

GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY. YOU HAVE SUCKED THE LIFE OUT OF ETHIOPIA, JUST LEAVE AND GO. TAKE TIGRAI IF YOU MUST. GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY.

GOD IS ON OUR SIDE

City: AA

Netsanet:
Meskel is fast approaching. It will be colorfully celebrated all over the country. It will be celebrated same time and same day. Why NOT we change the Meskel ceremony into ADEY ABEBA REVOLUTION. I think we can do it. Let Weyane panic. We will surely do it. Wait and see.

Email: ATITEGEB-at@yahoo.com