Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marshall law declared in Addis

The situation in Addis Abeba is turning for the worst. There is a very wide scale
clampdown on the public by Meles's security forces. Cars, taxis and pedestrians are
being stopped and searched after 7:00 pm. As you might have heard there were various
public meetings in the city organised by CUD. The public is unanimously supporting the
boycotting of the Parliament. EPRDF must have been rely shocked with the amount of
support the opposition is receiving, since they assumed that they have managed to
cool the public mood. Now they have band the meetings as well. Next week the opposition
will announce there decision publicly, that is weather to oin Parliament or not. It is very
depressing to all of us who live in Ethiopia that our countries future is being stifled
by dictatorships of the worst kind. Over 14 years of misrule by EPRDF plus 17 years
of the EWP (Ethiopia's workers party) and The Kings despotic rule has reduced this country
to be the worst places on the face of the earth. Where are we going to see the light at
the end the tunnel.

Email: ethio@yahoo.com

City: Addis

Re: Marshall law declared in Addis

I know their is fear in Ethiopia now we christians pray about it,but look at allmighity God defend the people and the country from robbery(EPRDF). I personnally belive god will take action soon. God he will refugge all peoples of Ethiopia. Do not scared, from the enemy what do you expect? intimedation, killing and arrest will continue, but there is hope God is working.

God deliver the people of Ethiopa

Email: Noah_90045@yahoo.com

Dear Ato,

Any political unrest is a very stressful time for anyone. I was very worried until, Meles called the EU report garbage. I said to myself this man is going to bring himself down without anyone doing anything. Of caurse we all have to do what we can. The best part is we are half way there without picking up a gun. We are watching these people crumbling down. The most important thing is to see him loss the support of the major donners.
These are the things that we need to stay focused on, what has been achieved so far.
What ever they try to do you know it, they know it TPLF's time in Ethiopia is coming to a close.

May god make the people of Ethiopia strong and May god make Meles Weak

Love and Peace to Ethiopia

City: AA

Mr. Ato,

I recently spoke to my Georgian neighbor and he told me what happened to former president Edward Shevardnadze and the rose revolution. Georgian government was very close to U.S unlike the previous Ukrainian government. Initially, the current U.S administration did not want to give a chance for instability that could tip the atmosphere to Russians advantage. However, when the U.S administration saw the unpopularity of the Shevardnadze government, the opposition’s adherence to democratic principle and the inclination of the people to work in free market economy, the U.S administrations flipped its side to the opposition. The most important factor here is whether the people of Addis, Nazeret, Bahirdar, Nekemete, Gore, Harar, Dire Dawa and etc are going to go out in millions and demonstrate. The U.S administration will be forced by circumstances to change it's side if the mass media is covering such a movement 24x7. The fact is that U.S interest in EPDRF is strategic but not out of devotion. If the U.S administration sees that the people are rejecting EPDRF inside and outside en-mass in millions it will take the right side because it has to answer its policy to it’s electorate. Meles is smart enough to know that and that is why he is restlessly writing convoluted chicken scribble letters. Actually, once the people rose and demand a re-election no one can stop them. Meles will be begging the opposition for another election himself. Once the people go to the street and reject the election result outcome, neither Agazee nor Bereket will stop 77 million people. Some might be sacrificed in the process but that depends on how determined the opposition and its supporters are. Stay strong, the new generation had to sacrifice.

VJ,

Nice comment. The question is what is the opposition doing to help the US see them as a credible and stablizing forces. I have been writing on this issues for many months now. Do you know if UEDF is activly working on bringing the US under its wrap? CUD seems to be in the right move on this from what I am hearing.

Gebreselassie, why are you quite?

Ankasa Doro

Folks,

I believe even a lie has its limits.I can't understamd about which Addis is Ato talking about?
Believe or not there is no change in Addis. It seems Ato has day dreams.

On the issue of CUD discussions and the public support. What is the news? The people of Addis has aleady elected the opposition and its natural they get overwhelming public support in the city. There is no new development there. It could have been NEWS if they get such support in Oromia, Tigray, Rural Amhara regions, Somalia, Afar, Gambella etc, where they didn't get support in the elections.

So, folks don't to build hills of lies in order to mislead others. It is true CUdD has strong support in Addis. It was seen in the elections and there is nothing new.

The opption is take this public responsibility and work for change with other parties to bring overall changes in the country. The answer is dialogue, dialouge, dialogue...Don't even dream any colour of "revolution". It is a dead issue.

Thanks,

Email: Alemayehu_05@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Mamo,
I am not still certain but it seems that UEDF leadership got some resolve not to join the parliament. I do not see UEDF being favored by the U.S. UEDF has more clout in the EU. CUD should do more work in the U.S because it is more likely to be the U.S favorite where the leaders are entrepreneurs and western styled ideologues.

Alemayehu menamen,
You must be one of those "Hodam" OPDO, ANDM lump of garbage in EPDRF Dumpster. Al Sharpton says "No justice, No peace" on most of his demonstration. TPLF Apartheid will be either removed through democratic means or by force. It is your masters call.

VJ,
Don't be so ungry. Your equation won't work. The answer is alway dialogue. Your "either you are with us or against us" motto will only multiply your opponents.

If you believe force will bring change in Ethiopia, there was no need to be part of the election.You can't have it both ways. Be aware that force always lead others to similar option. And history tells us that when it comes to war, the winner is known before hand.

So, give it any name, my dialogue plea will have fruits that take our nation a step forward.

good luck with your violence plan!

Email: Alemayehu_05@yahoo.com

Thank you, Mamo and V]. I would like to see more dialog between you too.

ATO IS SAME PERSON AS LIBERTY ON MEDREK AND IS RUMOUR MONGER AND HATE MONGER. PLEASE BAN HER/HER ISP. CLAIMS TO BE WOMAN. SHE HAS NOT BEEN APPEARING ON MEDREK LATELY BECAUSE SHE HAS BROUGHT HER EVIL TO THIS FORUM.CHECK HER EMAIL. THERE IS NO ETHIO YAHOO AND MODERATOR CAN CONFIRM ISP NOT ADDIS.

Nuclear bomb exploded in Addis.

Email: Keke@hotmail.com

City: MR.

Ignored is VJ!!
What's up with you, olana? ...r u VJ yourself?

oopssssssssss sorry olana. It was Alemayehu's lie that was ignored. I liked the conversation of VJ and Mamo.

I live in Addis and as far as I know, it's just another beautiful day in ADDIS. Guys, Your devilish wish doesn't come to a reality. Why don't you guys just work, save some money and come to the beautiful ADDIS instead of wishing chaoes and disaster to the city and its habitants. Election is over and EPDRF won a majority government. It might be a bitter pill to swallow for Neftegna Amhara feudals,Meison,EPRP and Derg remenants but you have to suck it up and live with it as you cann't do anything to reverse the people's wish.

Email: 123@yahoo.com

City: addis ababa

Just a test -- please ignore.

Email: workugebrem@aol.com

City: here

Dear Kibru,

TPLF and it's slaves are a minority minority. You have lost the election. The Ethiopian people have spoken and said NO NO NO. Which part of NO don't you understand. The very people you have invited to confirm what kind of fake democracy you have been singing and dancing about, had said so.

Remember you people are MINORITY, MINORITY.

You might hold the gun, but thanks to your own stupidness we are winning by each day.

Victory is on our side.

Love, Peace and Unity to the Ethiopian People

City: AA

Woyane will never be ousted peacefully.

OK it has the gun. But the gun alone is not enough, history teaches us. They are right. They will have to try all options at their disposal. That means destroy and be destroyed. Period.

We are unlucky. Some of us should die before freedom. This is how it happens in such conditions, when oppressors are involved. It is natural. Woyane is not a creature that believes in democracy. It is a stern believer of force. Remember it came to power by force. Besides, it is anti-Ethiopian armed to the teath. Force is what is the only option. You will see. When the West rejects it, we will have good ground to remove it by force.

Email: abathun@yahoo.com

City: BD

Mina,

You are reapting the word "minority" hundred times. Whom are you refering to?

Are the Oromo a minority? I will not go to detail, haven't realized the Oromo are highly disappointed by the CUD? What message does it convey to have the renowed Oromo singer ALi BIrra back home after decades? Why do you think is the ONC falling a part? Can't you read the unger of the Oromos?

Well, I don't want to remind you that EPRDF has the strongset Oromo party that is getting strong support.

I was just mentionong one. The Amhara peasant, Tigreans, Somali, Afar, Gambella, Sidame, Wolayta, ..to mention some are behind the constitution. SO, you day dream will not take you anywhere.Please, stick to political dialogue and try to come up with a compromised solution.You may wish away EPRDF, but that option seems out of hand and you shouldn't take a risk that may lead to your total withering away.

Email: Alemayehu-05@yahoo.com

Meles needs to transfer the power to an oromo person who respects article 39 of the constitution before it gets to late and before all this feudals, neftegnas, and dergu remenants take over.

Email: Z_mekelen@yahoo.com