Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I think it is time to activate article 39.

Al most all Democratic countries have the same right as article 39 that give the ultimate right for people to voice their concerns without going to war. This ultimate right called Referendum Act. But CUD tries to tell us no country has Article 39 in there constitution.. The fact the matter is Article 39 called Referendum Act and it gives the same right as Article 39.. In Canada Quebec province activate their Article 39 right and voted on referendum to separate from Canada or not… This clear question YES OR NO question telling us Canada have Article 39 the only thing is they call it Referendum Act… To your surprise another State called Alberta contemplating to activate their Article 39 and separate form Canada.. Canada didn’t send an army to stop them. Even another state within Canada want to join America… Those in government know having Article 39 is the best protection against separatist… Because it take 30 years for Quebec separatist leaders to gather momentum for the last referendum even that failed because Canada respect the ultimate people right to join or not… If the people of Quebec no it is dead end to join Canada they would have be separated long time… since Canada constitution respect Article 39 they prefer to stay for economical reason.

Now Ethiopia is on the cross road to this kind of referendum… Ethiopia have 53% population that are oppressed.. out of this 53% 33 % of them are Oromo and other ethnic groups… and the rest of 20% they are Amhara Muslims… The second point out of total population only 25 % are Amhara who want unity by force, one language by force, one religion by force, one nation by force, one kind of thinking by force… to facilitate this they appointed CUD party leaders who believe Ethiopia is only for one ethnic groups of people who doesn’t believe the people ultimate right respect for their right to have Article 39.

The sad thing is CUD WANT unity… and they really want to develop a strong united State of Ethiopia…which is economical strong and with strong army that defend her interest from outside enemies. Cud really loved all ethnic groups whole heartedly I have no doubt that CUD have nothing but love for all ethnic groups but As I said the sad thing is CUD going up about it in wrong way… they so afraid of all ethnic groups run away in different direction they want to enforce unity regardless of what..

Let look at it CUD doesn’t want ARTICLE 39 not because they hate unity… Cud believes Article 39 is the tool divides us instead of uniting us… The reality is Article 39 is the uniting force and reality it has the negative effect of uniting us… which is what CUD want in the first place… The thing is as long as Article 39 out come is uniting us why we care having in it in our constitution… The answer is very simple cud doesn’t trust the other ethnic groups they think they will run away the first chance they get..

Now let destroy is myth lets take Eritrean they did not run away after their last referendum they want friendship with Ethiopia because they know uniting the two economy benefited both countries. Off course there is always greedy factor the Eritrean want to have unfair advantage by having unrestricted access to Ethiopia market. Forget the policies and see it form the economy point of you the Eritrean released having a bigger market is good for Eritrean economy… The other day one Oromo friend of mine told me the Northern region have nothing Oromo want.. Therefore it is not beneficial for Oromo to join the unity… My answer was very simple if the Northern regions have nothing and the oromo have everything that is by itself a good thing because the oromo can sale every thing to Northern region since they don’t have anything… Even Djibouti how have nothing to produce have created big market for Ethiopian produce.. You see having not is a good thing because you can sale what you have. [this is just example I am not saying Northern part have nothing] The Northern part can sale electricity to the Southern part and make money… Northern regions have a lot of cement raw material. And have big positional for irrigation…etc

The economy of scale will pull us together therefore we should not afraid of Article 39… for time being it should be activated and people have to vote on FAIT of UINTED STATE OF EHTIOPIA… WHOEVER VOTED TO JOIN THE UNITE GOOD FOR THEM BUT THEY SOULD NOT BE FORCE…

IN SHORT MELES NEXT MOVE SHOULD BE ARTICLE 39. and invited OLF TO TAKE THEIR GOD GIVEN LAND AND RIGHT..

THANKS AND

WE ETHIOPIAN BELIVE IN GOD PROTECT ARTICLE 39.

Re: I think it is time to activate article 39.

Tulu,
If you believe in United Ethiopia why do you need Article 39? Why don't you fight for equality within Ethiopia? I accept Article 39,less sescession.
I think the stand of all those who oppose Article 39 is just because of that clause.
About your contention that a lot of countries allow some form of Article 39 and you gave Canada as an example.The uncertainity of the economy of Canada because Quebec's aspiration of sescession is tremendous.Many investments from USA and Asia have been lost.Moreover,they want to separate but want to use Canada's passport,currency,etc even after they separate.In short,they just want to make noise and get favours from the Federal Government,which they do.
One other thing:Out of about 178 countries that are members of the United Nations how many of them allow sescession? I have no doubt that it is a taboo word in the majority of UN member countries and AU.It is for a good reason:to avoid conflicts like in the days of the warlords.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: York

I would have gone also for article 39, less secession as Zewde stated but in one condition: the Ethiopian people should approve it on referendum & should be performed by the Ethiopian people’s elect Hailu Shawel & co, categorically not by Meles, as Tullu stated it.

Email: h,y.paulos@wp.pl

City: Wloclawek

Dear Zewdae,

Article 39 is a right that no one should give you or take away form you...

Question:- One other thing: Out of about 178 countries that are members of the United Nations how many of them allow secession?

Answer:- The simple answer is how many of them have a question of secession? There is no perfect system but the next best thing is Article 39 that all it is.

Question:- .The uncertainty of the economy of Canada because Quebec's aspiration of secession is tremendous. Many investments from USA and Asia have been lost.

Answer:- I already answer your question what is the best thing refuse the Quebec's aspiration and declare war? If it were a civil war that Canada fought with the Quebec them separatist for the last 30 years Canada would have is asking Ethiopia food aids instead of the other way round. Of course uncertainty of the economy is a very bad thing but what is better? the next thing is war just what happened with Ethiopia and Eritrea for last 40 years we fight each other at that rate we were going backward instead of going forward... the Quebec uncertainty might create slow down on economy as you said but it will not dreg it as in case of Ethiopia and Eritrea... Quebec speak French and all road are sign in French. The court and other govt. work in French in fact Quebec is totally different county you might say even they control their own immigration..

Now answer my question if the Quebec affected by uncertainty of economy then why the Alberta the richest province in Canada want activates Article 39? The Alberta are the largest export of oil if I am not mistaken their export is bigger then the Arabs. Not only that the Alberta have so many resources that make them rich they hurt economically if they stay economical… in short it make sense for them to separate they have zero foreign debit… the rest of State look like burden to them… still the Canada government strong hoping their believe in their Article 39 will save them… That is why Canada has Referendum Act. It is not easy to activate article 39. Alberta have unique culture that they want to protect… they are only 3 million people with huge land.. they have to out weigh the advantage of separation and unity they have 30 years to makeup their mind because they know any time they want to activate their Article 39 will be there therefore they will not rush to separate… in case of Ethiopia the CUD telling use they will erases Article 39 therefore people are in rush to separate before CUD had their chance to erases it… I hope you see my point because I am fade up with the fact cat who are living in Addis Ababa and DC … instead of trying to convince those fat cat Meles should activate and separate the whole country… You might ask why… the answer is in your reply.

“you believe in United Ethiopia why do you need Article 39? Why don't you fight for equality within Ethiopia? I accept Article 39,less sescession.”

What do you means united Ethiopia less secession… what you going to do if Oromo say they don’t want unity just because you erase Article 39 you think you will stop the armed straggle of separatist? My whole thing is this if the whole Oromo want separation we can not stop them without war. Since I don’t like war what is the best thing to do is… To have referendum and ask the oromo if they want unity or no YES OR NO question… This way we can avoid OLF ARRMED STRAGGLE… NOW TELL ME WHICH PART DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

Tulu/TUTU/Gebrelikiskis/Alemayehu01

Which country did you cut and paste this Article 39 from, as most of your information.

Do you know there are 17 million people starving and 2 million with Aids. Don't you think your masters should spend some time dealing with this rather than ethnicity and division (the only topic you can master).

Love and unity to Ethiopia

City: AA

Dear Tulu,
You are afraid of perpetual war should Oromya decide to break away and decide to fight.I understand your point and it is valid.I too do not believe in subjecting people to live in jurisdictions they do not want.What I am trying to say is the present arrangement, with equality to every citizen and nationalities, is better than going it alone.You could play a big part to this end by writing and talking about the advantages of Oromya within Ethiopia.Do not forget, every nationality has something to contribute to the economy of Ethiopia.
I could write a lot about a united Ethiopia if I would have thought anybody would pay attention.
One thing I would like to say though:United we stand,divided we fall.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: York

The most democratic country on earth, the US, doesnt have one. States cannot secede. But I think our case is different and I support article 39 as it is now. However, I think a referundum should be held at one point to determine what the people want. Then you lock it up like the United States. But not soon because there are extremist groups that play on people's emotions and as we know the majority of our people are not educated and most likely to act on their emotions. Which farmer is going to analyse the economical advantages and disadvantages of his state seceding from Ethiopia and make a decision based on that?

Tulu,

I think it is time to activate your brain cells. they seem to be on deep coma. Even Ibrahim called you useless imposter. Gebrelekuskus called you a member of the opposition. The opposition suggest you need brain transplant. I think you need to buy commensense.

Ankasa Doro

Ze Abyssinian said

"The most democratic country on earth, the US, doesnt have one. States cannot secede. But I think our case is different and I support article 39 as it is now. However, I think a referundum should be held at one point to determine what the people want. Then you lock it"

That is one way looking at it... and thanks for aggree that we need one referundum to unite us.. that is by itself is very important.

Now to your point one let's vote and lock it up.. that is not good if Eritrea have Article 39 by now they would have a right to vote in the referundum to join Ethiopia if we lock it up just what Eritrea did the people have no right to have another referundum... the Eirtrean next referundum would have been in favor of Ethiopia therefore lock it is not a good idea...for two reason imagine we have one and the first referundum the oromo refused to join... every one lock up their Ariticle 39... this means we have no chance of gain back the oromo because the oromo lock up their Article 39 the same us.. therefore their is no chance of unity...

in Ameirica they all ready 52 State joined and they have no more state to join if they lock up it is in there benfit in or case we still want to join with Eritrea, Djibiouti, Somilia why not kenya and Sudan and beyound therefore why lock it up..

in fact we should insiste evey one should have the Aritcle 39 regrdless of seperation this way we will behave nicly toward each other hopping we will join toghther one day... look since we figure it out we have no way of joining with Erirea we act badly toward each other...
If other nation see we have respecting Article 39 the Afar in Erirea start demanding the same right... because they are suffering because of Eritrean politices therefore they might want to join Ethiopia or do business with Ethiopia in peaceful manner.

Ze Abyssinian/TUTU,

Since this is the only issue that is iching you. Why don't you ask the 17 million people who are currently starving and the 2 million who are living with AIDS if they are interested in Article 39. Or the million also students who have been thought in a class of 90 students via a television, who never have a chance to ask a question.

You people in your little comfortable life have Article 39 to worry about, lucky you.

Please do let me know what they say.

****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ARTICLE 39. ****KKKKKKKKKKK also THOSE WHO ARE BEHIND ARTICLE 39

Email: hg@yahoo.com

FAK FAK FAK FAK ****.....CK ARTICLE 39. FAK FAK FAK ****...CKKKKKKKKKKKK also THOSE WHO ARE BEHIND ARTICLE 39

Dear mina said
" Why don't you ask the 17 million people who are currently starving and the 2 million who are living with AIDS if they are interested in Article 39"

Answer:- they should be interested in Article 39 more then any one because they will choice a leader that promise them food and save them for AIDS if not they will activte their right and leave the unity and try their luck...

Imagine just because CUD OR AMHARA region want war with the Eritrean to return the red sea port... while the Amhara fighting the war if 17million oromo starving those 17 million oromo have the right to ask to stop the war and feeding them or to go their seperte way... therefore AArticle 39 is very important for 17 million strarving people and 2 million who are living with AIDS... if they are suffering under the unity they have nothing to lose trying their luck indpendently...

TUTU,

if your family are starving would you like someone to ask them if they are interested in Article 39 or would you like someone to give them food and water??

Please do let me know what you think.

TUTU,

if your family are starving would you like someone to ask them if they are interested in Article 39 or would you like someone to give them food and water??

Please do let me know what you think.

if this is the first time then I will ask food and water but this starvation happening for the last 200 years of Amhara rule their for if those amhara ask me food or Article 39 I will say Article 39... if I choice food next year the same story all over agin if I choice Article 39 I have only myself to balme therore i work hard instead of instagting war or fighting other people war... ask your self why the oromo fight the eritrean war 1998-2000 instead of farming their land

Tulu,
You don't make sense. I don't think you will ever make sense. You are a nut, just like your boss Meles.

TUTU,

You have completly lost it. What has 200 yrs got to do with what is happening at the moment, August 2005.
Please try to read, otherwise you have nothing eles to back your point with except blaming Amarah or 200yes.

YOUR TIME IS CLICKING AWAY.

FAK FAK FAK FAK ****.....CK ARTICLE 39. FAK FAK FAK ****...CKKKKKKKKKKKK also THOSE WHO ARE BEHIND ARTICLE 39

Email: tirebo@hotmail.com

Dear Tutu=Mamo:
Yesterday, one of the Ethiopian Somali Council representative, Harar, has blasted a certain settler who asked a question and undermined article 39 in a gathering of Ethiopian in Washington DC. The settler said that EPRDF has created choas and division within Ethiopian and opened a pandora box that Somalis, Oromos and other nations are encouraged to secede from Ethiopia.
He got what he deserved. The genuine Somali Ethiopian told him that a settler does not lecture us about article 39. And the reason that we support EPRDF is that they uphold article 39.
Could Harar shed light in this event and educating the settlers who are still living in fantasy and dream?

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Debalkie:
We can start from the fascist Meles Naziawi. He is at home and can easily be put in "kerchele" at least for 40 innocent guys he killed recently. Meles should be responsible too for his crimes when he was in the jungle. He should be responsible for killing the famous human right activist, Assefa Maru. Meles NAZIAWI should also be responsible for killing hundreds of his jungle mates with a poison, cynide. Meles should be responsible for killing all EPRP guys captured by TPLF before EPRP crumbled into the dust. The famous EPRP leader Tsegaye G/Medhin was directly killed by Meles Naziaw by cynide poison. Regarding Hailu Shawl, there is NO guilt by association. We can set up a grand jury to investigate the matter. I assure you Hailu Shawl has nothing to do with red, white etc terrors. Weyane would have long ago put him in prison if Meles had the remotest suspicion that Hailu Shawl is in any way implicated. Do you know that I know a guy imprisoned for 6 years by name sake. After 6 years imprisonment they forced to appear on the notorious ETV and thank the gov't for releasing him after "meticulous" examination of the case. I met the guy and made some research. The guy lost his child due to malnutrition. His wife became a diabetic because of hunger. And he is hypertensive. The worst of all he lost his job and didn't get even a dime. At this juncture, it is prudent to talk about red terrorists working with Weyane. Dr. Fasil Nahum was an active participant of red terror. He even wrote an article in which he emphatically argued red terror has a revolutionary legality. He even praised the RED TERRORISTS. Then came the famous slogan "kehulum belay abiyotu". I don't want all TPLF fascist to face criminal charges. I just want them to pay compensation for the tens of thousands of innocent lives they mercilessly destroyed. This is how we can have national reconcillation. But this can work only and ony TPLF fascists are right now willing to respect the voice of the people expressed on the last election.

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

Article 39 is the second best thing to somalise in oganden,(Somali Ethiopians), that is the right to live in genuine federal Ethiopia on thier free choice to the point where they can have the right to opt for secession regardless of what others might feel or think.

The best thing is obvious, But for the sake of those who do not know the aspiration of every somali in the universe, "to see the great Somalia coming together one day" which is no longer a dream, for instance Kenya had accepted last week to have open Economic and political relation with main land Somalia, no more closed borders between Somalise in Kenya and Somalise in Main land somalia. In addition for
Djabouti and Ogaden it's only a matter of time, waiting disputes in somlia to be solved.

For the Somali nation as whole, no borders, peace with their neighbours, and the bitter exprience of the protracted civil war, and natual resources are all good signs for an economic power that will spread to most of east,west,central, and south Africa.
If and when we put our acts together, we will never forgot our Oromo brothers, they will be part and parcel of every thing good that we accomblish. We will help and seek their help in equal and brotherly terms.

For the Tigray people we will never show lack of gratitude, we will stand with them,if they stay the course and stand with us in good faith now.

For the Amahara we can not keep perpertuating the past attrocites forever. It is in the best interest of both nations to learn form the past and try to sow a better future for tomorrow. article 39 is the corner stone for good things to came between us.
You have a choice that will determine your rightful position in the future homeland of East Africa with your highly educated class you can mold and lead , or you can put all the road blocks you want to delay our aspiration to live and let others live in peace and harmony. Try to read article 39 carefully, it's the an important
key, do not make uninformed choices.