Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rumble in the Jungle!!

Compatriots and friends,
Signs of fragmentation are starting to show up within the ranks of the ruling regime. The telltale sins are:
1) the unprecedented article of Meles on the Ethiopian Herald overriding all protocol despite his lame excuse - reason: EPRDF leadership is increasingly getting cornered and most are blaming Meles. So, instead of presenting lengthy arguments, Meles opted to avoid possible confrontation with his comrades.
2)the Army is psychologically weakened by the shunning blow received by EPRDF leadership and their reliance on the Agazi force. Don't be surprised if a desertions and open confrontation among Generals take place soon.
3)Walta and other government media are feeling the heat and some leaks are showing on their articles
4)No more coordinated and consistent stories are coming out from government officials, instead they are full of contradictions, unsophisticated, amateurish and devoid of substance.
On the other hand, the opposition is gaining momentum, confidence, determination and unity.
Above all the people of Ethiopia, who are robbed of their vote, are more than ever ready for action to remove the Weyanes from power.
The lion in the jungle is awake.
The drums are getting ready.
The rumble has started; it is only time before it turns into a deafening roar!!

Email: hiwot@optusnet.com.au

City: Sydney

Re: Rumble in the Jungle!!

Sewnet,

The storm is gathering and the Tsunami is showing signs of building momentum, the only way out is peaceful resolution. Any dream on the part of the government ot steal the election a futile effort and a dangerous gamble. Chances are Meles may end up in some corner of the world ala Mengistu. It is his leutenants that would be carrying the burden of rotting in prison. The sooner they abandon their capitain, the better for the country and forthemselves.

All the taletell signs are ripe for a coup d'etat. Meles will be sacked. Mark my word. His trip to Oslo would make it easier.

Yejib Tila aka
Mamo Qilo

Mamo,
I think the time is coming. You can almost smell the sweet scent of change in the air.
Hay,
Did you laugh or cry or what, when Meles referred a phrase 'what's love got to do with it!'in the Tina Turner's song. I think we should hammer this thing very well.
We should call it the "Tina Turner moment" or better still -"The Tina Turner turning point for Meles"

How about "Tina Turner turning TPLF"

“I have no love to do with it when I and my organization (TPLF) killed millions of Ethiopians directly and indirectly and caused destruction to the country in closed door (landlocked) and dividing the people under Ethnic lines to make them enemies among each other. My wife who is a high school dropout cadre (Azeb) also knows that I have no love in me when earlier I meet her on the rocky ground and at present on very expensive bed acting as if i'm a Satan worshiper terrorising instead of loving her. That is why she is getting satisfaction even when she is fencing Arkebe Equbay (I hate him) rather than meeting with me that I always finishing with her before she is still on the way to get a mood. I’m always too quick to benefit myself at the expense of others. So, love has nothing to do with me.
Any one could easily and early understand about my emptiness of love when I caused tremendous damages to individuals and the nation. When I see back about the last 30 years, even those members and supporters of the TPLF I killed and caused them troubles are counting with thousands. Where are the true Tigrian born Ethiopians now who were/are always looking good to their country? Some of them are killed, immigrated, others are in jail and the rest are living a life as broken people in pieces in their own country as every Ethiopian does under my rule. I don't admit as if it is a mistake but I did it all by choice intentionally to cause negative and devastated results towards Ethiopia and her children.
Look at me. My outlook is the true reflection who really I’m from inside. Don’t see me with expensive cloth on me. Do you remember how i looked like when i arrived to Addis with gun in hands and hate in head?. judge me with the things I have done and still am doing. I'm a little evil and ugly who is hiding in the people's palace and spreading dangerous poison through media among the population. I never have been among the ordinary people throughout my entire rule. I’m ruling them from hiding. I think people like me with the job I’m doing against them when they tolerated and their children are protecting me as bodyguards. If the people think that I’m in prison (palace) with all my family by choice and the bodyguards are in reality prison guards, then they are right. I’m not a free man despite the palace is belongs to me by force. i'm the most hated little man in the country despite i'm ruling them with punishment no nation ever has faced before.
I don't trust people including Bereket although he is the first man I really on him while we both are working for Shabia. I don’t trust Addisu Legese and Dawit Yohannes. Especially I hate Arkebe Equbay. Thay are the confused Ethiopians while i and bereket are the clear and open enemies to Ethiopia. Arkebe is doom. If he is not doom, he would abandon me long a go and join the Ethiopian people as we all know the Ethiopian people don’t hate him. They rejected him not because of he is bad to Ethiopia by choice but because of his relationship with me, Bereket and few others. If I were him, right now I officially denounce the relationship he has with me and ask forgiveness especially the Addis Ababans. They will accept him as they did in the past although there was some reservation because of his relationship with me.
I can't go to outside whenever I want and wherever I like. I’m in prison by choice that makes me angry and mad. So, what is love has to do with me? What is love has to do with the criminal TPLF cadres organization (TPLF)? What is love has to do With TPLF while all along this was/is the only TPLF slogan we have? If you didn’t know, now you know.” Meles (Legese, Abebe) Zenawi

Email: Gimma@hotmail.com

Oh Meles (Legese), my prescription for your ailment is 'banishment'. Go, go before it is too late.
Did you say where?
I don't care, anywhere, but nowhere in Ethiopia. Asmara comes to mind - but I am sure not everyone in Asmara will wellcome you (you know what I mean). America? Europe ? or other western country? I don't know - but I know that there are really angry Ethiopians in all those cities.
So, Meles - oh! wait a minute, China!!!
Yes, go to China!!! before it is too late. You know, no body will find you among 1.2 billion people. Besides they need your kind of people - to help them 'beat up' EU, Amnesty International, etc if there ever come a time for true elections in China.

I suggest that Meles goes to Zimbabwe. He will be welcome by Mengistu. Then, the world would have fun to see the trio there - The African Marx, Engles and Lenin in the 21st century.

City: A.A

Zimbabwe is an alternative, but I doubt it - because Megistu and Mugabe are, you know, straight shooters - we know where they stand - they actually say that they are/were dictators. Meles, thinks he is smart because he says he is the ultimate democrat.
But I like the idea of the three M's - Meles, Mengestu, Mugabe.

Wow! The three Ms - MMM!. That is a good observation, Sewnet. How do you like the idea of Meles taking his demolition expert Arkebe with him to help Mugabe finish his project of clearing the shanties of Harare? I think Arkebe feels right now a bit depressed for he has little to do in Addis at the moment. The idea of accompanying meles seems to be a good alternative to finish what he started in Addis.

Liku, let Meles take any woyane he likes and loves - if they are willing to follow him, which I doubt (except the top few). I don't think Mugabe needs Arkebe - he probably will shoot him, saying "we do what we say in Zimbabwe, we do not say argi bargi democracy, investigation, tax relief etc and still demoslish their houses ....".
I still think China is the only place for Meles, Arkebe, etc.

City: Melbourne

Folks,

Is that a sign of frustration? Do you really believe our politics is a kids play?

I hope this is just for fun because your taletell is no different from you news about Bereket's assassination and his eventual death in Israel(posted on ER).

Well, the choice is simple.Focus on real national issues that can help the nation to bring about more changes. If you are aspiring for any coup deta't options, that will be the end of multi-party politics in Ethiopia.And when it comes to force you, I believe, you won't have any illusion to get any chance to get to even have any role in the country.The first victim will be the the former dergue memembers, now opposition leaders.

So, please think many times, not only twice, before you prescribe such medicine to our beloved nation.

Don't try to dicharge you frustration on others.

Alemayehu01

Email: Alemayehu_05@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Alemayehu01,
You are twisting the flow of this thread just as Meles is spinning facts in his letters. I bet you guys are taking some sort of crash course in concealment from none other than the magician David Copperfield.
What coup de etat are you talking about? Not that we won’t welcome it, on the contrary, if it was to occur from within Weyanes it will be a positive step. You see, it will be a step forward from the current la la land politics of Meles.
But that is not the objective of the struggle of the people/opposition. The latter will be victorious through peaceful movement for Democracy. Yeh, that word – democracy – you hate it so much that you are bleeding inside when you hear it.
So, alas –go!!

I mean to go -- to -----China!

Oh, dear alemayehu,

Are you talking about us frustrating? You better say it to yourself. We are actually seeing the flicker of light at the end of the tunnel after 14 years in darkness. Believe it or not, this is true. Assuming that you are one of the poor barinwashed cadres of Woyane, if you could not see the light yet, I sugeest you come out of the veil of false propaganda and lies of Woyane and stand where we stand. Take our perspective. Then, you would have the chance to see the light clearly. You can also be sure that the light is becoming bigger and bigger and pushing aside the darkness fast. The demise of the "Albanian" communists is nearing. Their chairs are rocking. They are running amok shooting on innocent kids, apprehend innocent civilians from the streets and their beds, throwing journalists to jail, holding genuine opposition members under house/office arrest, and now throwing insults on their own big financers. Oh, Alemayehu, the tide is going stronger, the ship is rocking, and soon it is going to sink. I suggest, you better save your life.

Liku,

I don't want to talk about my self. But, be assured I am not afraid of anything.I am rady to give my life for the democratization of the country.So, don't try to win other's view by any threat of violence or force. This is undemocratic, to say the least.

Well, I agree there is new light coming to our nation. There is a possiblity of a strong mult-party system. The election has brought as a new impetus to our democracy.

However, I have a different view on the ongoing political process. You are telling me "either you are with us or against us". Poor liku, democracy doesn't work that way. Democracy is based on a win win theory. I may differ from EPRDF on some of its measures. But, I appreciate the courage shown by the party to open up the country for such elections. Hence, be asured no one will allow you to kill our infant democracy. Don't even dream of to lead Ethiopia with out a strong role of The EPRDF.At least we have got one thing from EPRDF,With its imperfection,a multi-party politics.

If you are talking about regime overthrow, election is not the best way. Election is about compromise and dialogue. Election is not about "either you are with us or against us".Election is about political pluralism and no one could be threatened because of his political view.

The most important issue you at the opposition camp don't understand is the very essence of democracy itself.If you are democrats, as you claim, why should any EPRDF member be threatened, let alone a simple citzen like me. The reason is , I guess, obvious. You are scaring every body because, as the EPRDF and others allege, you will at the end re-install the dergue regime and we know the politics .

Then, if I take your scaring words seriously, I won't have any chance but give my life for democracy and fight to the end.

Good luck!

Alemayehu01

Email: Alemayehu_05@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Alemayehu! Alem ! Alem!
Knowing your views from previous postings, I assure you that you are the last person eqipped with capabilities to talk about multi-party democracy. For you, democracy-justice-genuine elections- are just words. Nothing more. How dare you speak about multi-party democracy and in the same breath say that EPRDF is its vehicle? Are you talking about the EPRDF which is controlled/ steered by a handful TPLF zealots? Or the EPRDF which is bent on crashing any opposition to its rule? The party which 100% controls the media?
Oh! get a life Alemayehu. Certainly your postings have none.

City: Melbourne

Yo! Why you all dissn' my woman? What busi she got with yuall country?

Ike Turner

Email: nmengistu1@aol.com

City: la