Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meles calls EU report a "pack of lies"

Ethiopia Official Condemns EU Report
Monday August 29, 2005 7:16 PM
By ANTHONY MITCHELL
Associated Press Writer

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) - Ethiopia's prime minister on Monday dismissed a European Union report critical of his nation's parliamentary elections as a ``pack of lies'' and said it could affect relations with the bloc.

The EU's chief election observer, Ana Gomes, on Thursday said key aspects of Ethiopia's May 15 parliamentary elections won by the Prime Minister Meles Zenawi's party failed to meet international standards. She reported widespread abuses with opposition members arrested and witnesses to election violations intimidated.

On Monday, Meles said the EU report ``in my view shows that the mission has turned out to be something worse than a farce.''

``We shall in the coming days and weeks see what we can do to expose the pack of lies and innuendoes that characterize the garbage in this report,'' Meles said.

The European Union is one of Ethiopia's largest donors, spending more than $490 million each year funding food aid and development programs.

``What the implications of this will be in terms of relations between Ethiopia and the European Union, we will have to wait and see, but I don't think you will be surprised if Ethiopia were to insist that it should not be patronized,'' Meles said.

At the same news conference, Tanzanian President Benjamin Mkapa declined to comment on the EU report on the elections, only noting that an African Union report on those elections had characterized the elections as free and fair.

Days of violence followed the elections as protesters angered by allegations of fraud clashed with security forces. Human rights groups say 42 people were killed by security forces trying to disperse the crowds.

Gomes told reporters Thursday the elections appeal process failed to provide an effective remedy for opposition parties and that ``solid and tangible evidence'' of irregularities presented by the opposition was dismissed.

Results released by Ethiopia officials gave Meles' ruling coalition 296 seats in the 547-member assembly and its allied parties won 22 seats, enough to form a government. The election board said the opposition won 161 seats. Opposition parties only won 12 seats during the last elections, in 2000.

Gomes said Aug. 21 elections in the eastern Somali region were poorly organized and marred by irregularities in more than three-quarters of the 23 seats being contested.

Repeat of elections also were held Aug. 21 in 20 parliamentary constituencies where the ruling party had complained of irregularities in the May vote and in 11 districts where the opposition filed challenges. The results of the Aug. 21 voting were to be released Sept. 5.

Re: Meles calls EU report a "pack of lies"

Oh Meles, Meles, the ever adolescent sophomore!

For you and Bereket, the devastating Human Rights Watch report is not worth the paper on which it was written.

...The letter from the US congress was misguided and entirely inconsequential.

...The opposition consists of a collection of chauvnists who are pursuing a nafarious power grab.

...And now, the EU report is a pack of lies, and the EU delegation, the lagest group of international poll observers, a bunch of liars.

Forget the offensive language an honerable PM of a country of 72 mil people wouldn't even utter; Meles and Bereket already live in an Orwellian world of double-speak that they, and only they, find plausible and amusing.

Email: workugebrem@yahoo.com

City: here

Well said Worku 1.
Meles is like a wine that has not finished its fermentation process. It is not realy wine, yet it has some charactersics of wine.
I bet Meles would have been a different person if he had finished his university studies and held a proper job for few years. He is just an unfinished job.
He thinks he is smart - but by just looking at his records of handling conflicts, anyone can judge he is just another bully and far from any semblance of smartness.
His account of the 'rebuttal' of the EU EOM report yeterday, is just another example of his out of touch and dream-like arguments which is way out of base.
The more this guy talks or writes on anything, the more he is tightening the noose around his neck. I sometimes think, that the opposition should give him some time and do nothing, because he will pretty soon do everything to himself.
Oh how I eagerly await to see that day!

Email: hiwot@optusnet.com.au

City: Sydney

How bizzar is this ! Is Meles really threatening action against the very institution that provides the bloodline to his treacherous regime ?

Thats utterly mindless, isn't it? A complete joke !!

City: Addis

Sewenet,

Your assesment of Meles' erratic behaviour, I think, is on the mark! I agree, the opposition should Edare Honew Yemeleketu while the thug and his cohorts continue to dig a deeper and deeper hole for themselves...

Email: nmengistu1@aol.com

City: la

It is so surprising!

Meles and Bereket the two biggest east african iodiots are againist the world and againist their own people.
In the minds of these iodiots they can do everything with 70 million people heavily beaten down by poverty and malnutrition.
I guess these guys are aligning with china by trying to put some iodiot african leaders on their side. Just like derg aligned himself with soviet. but the problem: Derg has initially peoples' support but EPRDF zero support.
We have to fight and stop china from colonizing africa!

That is what I feel.
Have a good day.
Ayalew

Email: ayalew03@hotmail.com

It is amusing indeed. The PM Meles thinks he is the only kid in town. What is so suprsing to me is when he fails to relate the election process and the murder of innocent citizens on June 8/2005 in the streets on Addis Ababa. What did he truly expected the European people to do in Ethiopia?

A) they should ignore the murder of 42 unarmed young people

B) they should not question the jailing and torturing of thousands of opposition people

C) they should also ignore an illegal house arrest of elected officials like Lidetu Ayalew who won 38069 votes, Hailu Shawel who received 37870 votes against government senior ministers, while the Prime Minister Meles who stood alone in Adwa only got 35384 less than both Lidetu and Hailu. European official Ana Gomes should just ignore that when her people are seeing with their own eyes. The two individuals where only released from house arrest because of Kofi Anan and Toni Blair.

All in all our very smart PM.Meles always thinks he is the only person who is always smart. Sorry, Ana Gomes does not give a hoot about his comments or ranting. She is not worried about her safety because of the Agazie Militia like millions of poor Ethiopians

The Prime Minister sure wrote a long report (this is infact the first article, others on the same topic will follow in the following days). Sadly though, what he has tried to show so far is that the EU-EOM report contradicts. But the problem is that this is always subjective. It is always the case two people read the same report and might come up with different views and interpretations. For example I didn't see any contradictions in the EU-EOM report. They mentioned the positive aspects of the process because they were positive in their observation and they had to be mentioned. That in fact balances the report and made the report more credible. But that in any way doesn't mean that the election process was free and fair, as the PM tried to conclude from the “contradictions.” Because, given the facts in the report, it is still not difficult to see the fine lines. What was important for Meles to address was rather the facts - the facts in the EU-EOM report solidly put in comparison to the international principles of a democratic election. Addressing genuinely the killings, the arrests, the intimidations, the partiality of the NEBE, the freedom of the courts, the media, etc. is what everyone would like to see. If the PM has got that much time to spare preparing an article, it was worth spending on facts on the ground rather than trying to show contradictions of the report. Because those are the things that happened in real time and crippled the election process.

Email: mmgelaw@yahoo.com

Dear prime minister you are the big lier!!

Email: dadidan@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

To be very honest, from what I saw, he's not only a good speaker but also a prolific writer. He believes in logic and reason. He wanted to challenge the EU by by validating his argumens and nulifying theirs. He even said, "God save humanity from such perverse reasoning." This shows how deep reason has rooted in his spirit.

My point, dear fellow Ethiopians, is to try to challenge him the way he did. Unless you try to substantiate your arguments point by point, paragraph by paragraph and page by page like him, every attempt to convince the populace and even himself can be nothing but a hollow clamour.

Tina Turner

Dear Tina,

We already knew that you wear a whig to cover your baldness and converted to Tina from Meles.

Shame on you! Defend yourself using simple English. Your jargons will serve no one, except making your anger more ...

Turner

Email: turnertina@hotmail.com

City: AA

Dear Tina Turner

What we have here is a forum where people say what they feel this is not a literature class exercise where everybody tries to “substantiate” paragraph by paragraph something that the PM has said.
I could have done that easily because deceit is very easy to create by hair splitting.
Let’s just try to understand something. Why did Meles have to react in such a way? Why be so defensive about it? He and his “misinformation” minister said so many times over the past few months that our democracy is young and is bound to make mistakes. Then why resort to insults when somebody else says that there were mistakes.
They did the same with several other institutions including the Carter Center because they were critical. Irrelevant, inconsequential etc were the terms they used in the past. But I guess the reports from observers have become “recurring nightmares” for Meles.

I don’t want to comment on the report which is probably not perfect in many aspects. But I would like to say this about it. It points out both the positive and negative aspects about the elections. It has things like “this was very good but this was not” and Meles and co” labeled it as “contradictory because of that. This is how reports are written. You point outboth the good and the bad aspects. That gives the opportunity to replicate the good and avoid the bad in the future. The report does not belong to the EU it belongs to the Ethiopian people and what Meles should have said was; OK there seems to be mistakes in the report but we acknowledge that the elections were not perfect and we will do better next time.

Oh there is something which maybe the PM has overlooked when he said that he never published anything before. We all know that he had published one book. So that was a big lie. See it is easy

Regards
D.T

City: Somewhere

If you have the inteligence to understand or read between the lines the report by the hijacked Ana Gomez, you can find that there is insufficient element there for you to celebrate. OPen your eyes and read it again and agian. Otherwise, if the gojames think that the report will give them justifications to instigate riot, they can try and will see what will happen. Well. since most of you are refugees politicians or fugitives, I know what ever happens will not be your concern. However, your language and Amahara elites will never have the dominance they used to have. OK?

Email: Getisha@gmail.com

Yes, CUD and its trailer and Negede's agent UEDF, forced by their sponsors living in the u.S. and Europe, seem to have determined to instigate riots ans instability. The refugee politicians are also advising us on the course of actions we must take.

I strongly agree with them since I am naive to belive that people in the civilised world know things better than thoise of us at home. But I ask them one thing. Come here and help us implement your instructions properply. Otherwise, we may make mistakes and fail to do our assignments to your satisfactions. Please come here. Ypu can't lead us from abroad using remote control.

Email: Senait @gmail.com

"A pack of lies" and "garbage"? ewwwwwww!! Not good remarks, not at all!!.....ewwwwww. I bet he regretted it now saying those words. He should have thought twice, before using those accusatory word, calling Ana Gomez a liar? I think he lost it big time. Well, at least the world now knows the real image of PM Meles Zenawi, good!! As they say: "One can't fool all the people all the time."

May God bless the Great Ethiopia!

This time it's not surprising to read twisted and bent comments from Ethiopians in the diaspora.

As the PM (who doesn't want any certification from any institutions as every political and economic sicientists inc. technologists are always praise him for his intelligence [needless to mention idiot Anna's compliment)said, any ordinary mortal can see how much the lady lack proffesionalism and impartiality.
Anyways, we the Ethiopians [excluding the pigs and internet chatters] are the eventual managers of our situtaion.

Email: satenaw@real.co.uk

City: East London

Dear D.T.

You have rightly said it that this is forum where people say what they feel. And what I tried to forward was what I felt right and comprehended. Again I see a flaw in reasoning or a double standard. If you really think that people should say whatever proper subject they have, the principle applies to everyone pro or against your ideas. This remains a crux of our political and, in fact, our entire cultural setback.

You seem to be very much disgusted that I used the word “substantiate.” My dictionary tells me that it implies “evidence.” If your understanding is otherwise, it could mean “rumor”, “gossips” “hearsay”. If you try to venture in any sound discussion based on these, you cannot only fail to contribute something, but find yourself a clown at the end of the day.

If on the other hand, “substantiate” implies to you hairsplitting or deceit, I can only pray that God save humanity from such misfortune.

You also said that you could simply do that (reasoning)! I really doubt it. You believe in rumor and hearsay, furthermore you denounce evidence as a basis of discussion; how can one be able to present himself reasonably when he is in a serious deficiency of appreciating the very word of “Substantiate”.

Having said that, my fellow Ethiopians, I implore you all to read the EU-EOM report and how Meles tried to defend himself or challenge the report. And I would be of great pleasure if someone comes up in challenge of Meles. As we all do, I abhor cheap insults and ordinary rumors.

As for D.T., niceties and void good words can serve nothing to our people except being poison coated with sugar.

Tina Turner.

PM is this time being a "diplomat":saying the nastiest things with the nicest words.He could have used more abusive words in critisizing the "Report".
He generally did well but lowered himself to nit-picking.He should have realized that Portuguese is also one of the European Union's languages.

Keep it up 'Melie".

Meles is writing this condemnation against the EU observers only to hide himself from the stark truth. Why would any body put their credibility on the line for something that doesn't stand the test of truth? Is Meles denying the fact that he refused the oppositions' earlier demands to restructure the NEBE to form a neutral body? Is he denying the fact that he refused the local civil societies to observe the May election until the last few days before the election? Is he denying the fact that he expelled the three US funded election observer groups ahead of the May 15 election? Is he denying the fact that he imposed the state of immergency to help him manipulate the ballots using election engineering? Is Meles denying the fact that he ordered the killings of over 42 innocent Ethiopians? One can go on and on and connect all the dots and ask onself why Meles did all these before and immedietly after the election.
Meles, if you've any guts left in you it wont be too late to reliquish power and resign and give democracy a chance.

City: San Jose

Dear Neters of the ethiopian review,

You will never ever disprove what H. E. Prime Minister Meles has said. Not even for generations. You have to also grasp that from now onwards there will only be a generation of Melesesssssssssssssssss. I.e. resilient to chouvenism!!!

Email: voice_ethiopians_concerned@yahoo.com

I read the PM reaction to EU EOM,& his intension is to create a simple argument by taking out what sweets him & throw out the fact which is against him as a 'garbage'.

PM Meles & Bereket bench mark for observers mission is not Article 25 of the international Covenant for Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) rather they want to make their poor analysis based on their party & election board procedure & guideline , even the implementation of this guidelines are ingeneral to legitmise the undemocratic malpractise of EPRDE under legal cover.

However the EU-EOM report clearly indicated that the observers mission is based on ICCPR of the 1966 ratified by Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia , where eight democratic principles are established ....
Hence Poor Meles you can't throw out those facts if the framework for analysis is such principles.

(Alemayehu01 the procedure & guidelines are meant to implement such principles they shouldn't be separate, you don't have to choice one from the other)

Mr PM do you remember how you play drama against some CC members of TPLF central committee, by throwing out CC members with out the TPLF procedure.Your reasoning at that time was "you want to save the party......!and the procedures are meant for the existance of the party".
Mr PM why don't you use the same anlogue here when it comes to this election.Should the whole election & investigation process measured against the procedures only or should it be against to the aspiration of ethiopian people for democracy which is the principles???

Mr PM no body needs any more analysis of lies after lies , in simple terms as the Eu-EOM reported the outcome of the election in most of the country is 'not as to the aspiration of Ethiopians for democracy'.This is a feeling in sidama, wollo, Arsi, Gojjam, Gonder, Illubabore.......

(Tina Turner I don't know such reaction will satisfy what you expect from participants, yes it could be rational to reason out in cyvilized manner, however ''AWKO YETEGNA BIKESEKISUTE AYNEKAM" let me ask you one thing why the PM left some of the issues raised in the report by saying 'it will take me out of the context' that is the area which he don't want to discuss,those are critical points of the report so why then "AWKO METEGNATUN EYAWEKEN YEMENKESEKESEW".)

MR PM Now that you got morethan 2/3 of the seat & you want to play your drama as you used to do it in the previous parlama, even after the opposition gots more seats.This is how you want to extend your regime.
Fellow Ethiopians should we accept this??? or should we say 'Never again!!!' to EPRDF pseudodemocracy & show our solidarity to the opposition parties & call to some EPRDF who are against the Meles regime.
''NEVER AGAIN A DICTATOR"

City: Addis ababa

Daer Abysinya Taddesse, I understand that you hate chavenists & love dictators such as Meles for generation.I dont think even his daugter draems as such.
Why don't you look to your brothers, sisters both in the urban & rural area.Why they are suffering from prevailing poverty....do you think this is punishiment from God, or do you understand poverty only from material perspective.
The fact is that people are poor because of denial to exercise their right by your beloved 'god....Mr PM'.The Alimighty God send his only son Jesus to save us, not to punish us.So the suffering that your brothers & sisters facing here in Ethiopia are by Mengistu the II whom you want him for generation.

Please Abysinya you wake up! now we are in the 21th centurey you still think with the mind set of ethnicity , Ethiopia from now on wards YEHULU LEHULU NECH.The time is over for the people who beleve in idols like your god...PM as eternal!!!

ETHIOPIA Taddesech

City: Addis ababa

Where did Meles get the ball to say dont patronize me after serving 14 years to his bosses in Washington and brussels?Is it true to be the end of his carrier as a "private dancer"?" or who knows, getting old and turning "Madam" perhaps?

Perhaps it wasn't much of a problem if Meles and Co said oh ...we are an emerging democracy , we're likely to have these sort of shortcomings' ...But as anyone following the so called democratic process in Ethiopia would surely attest such remarks are utterly disgusting and pitiable for the simple reason that the 'mistakes' that one sees happening over and over again are the same ones year after year. In fact these so called mistakes are now evident in much bigger scale encompassing the entire breadth and length of the country. So they aren't mistakes .....they are deliberate acts of retribution perpetrated as an official state policy. To those at the lower end of the executive arm of the regime , such criminal acts as violating the rights of individuals aren't at all criminal. Why ? Because those are the sorts of instructions the highest responsible officials give.

So compulsive liars like MELES and Berekt , both of Eritrean descent , can't go on blaming their hideous criminality on ignorance and lack of experience.

I feel sorry for TPLF slaves, to keep on supporting these mad dogs like Meles and Bereket. Thy are an embaressment to the Ethiopian people. I don't want my country to be represented by these bruts.

Well. Well, well what can we expect from a narrow-minded ethnocentric denier and murderer. His chronic disease is coming to choke him. The last person to say “pack of lies” is Meles. Is it not hilarious? He forgot that he is no longer in the rocky mountains harassing his rebel brothers. I think he laments the passing of ‘those good old killing-spree days’ where he killed whoever came his way to get to the next higher level in rebel hierarchy … a true killer. Meles thought that it was going to be rebel style democracy. He does not understand the basic process of civilized democracy in the world.

He thought that he would fool and intimidate Ethiopians as well as the EU observers by bringing his Agazi armies but did not realize his weakness. Agazi armies + killing + murder + intimidations + imprisonment IS NOT EQUAL TO democracy.
Meles simply does not get that.

And when did Meles’s accusation of the EU come? Right after the EU report!!!

He is just like a snake who lived in hiding now showing his true colors. Any one who challenges or exposes his venomous nature will be bitten.
Now the whole world knows his true nature, which is full of lies and deceit.

It is really sad that he has to resort to his thuggish behavior when dealing with a highly regarded and respected group of individuals. It is an insult to Ethiopia to have this hooligan as a leader.

These African dictators are getting madder by the day.

1. Robert Mugabie - killing his opposition
2.Afewerki (Eritrea) - kicking out aid agencies while there are 2.5 mil ppl starving. On top of that he is taxing charitites, the very people who are there to feed the hungery
3. Meles/Bereket - dirty mouthed mad dogs, who are an embaressment to all africans.

We need to write to Ana and the team to express out gratitude for their time and their support for democratic ethiopia.

In my opinion Meles has exposed poor Anna Gomez to bone, it is now her (Gomez) turn to defend herself. I am sure Anna has embarrassed the EU officials with her inconsistant and one sided report.

Email: haile#hotmaol.com

Hailegnaw,

I guess you did not see EU coming in support of Gomez. You moron, Gomez would not release the info without having it approved by EU.

Ankasa Doro

Ankasa Doro!
Why insult then, can't you communicate with out your daiper on your filthy mouth? Gud eko new

Dear Tina

Thanks for your comments
I have not said anything against you saying what you think and feel. What I said was meant to be against you trying to show how people have to respond because they were disagreeing against you. Anyways sorry about that because it was never meant to be some kind of “double standard” as you put it.

I have nothing against substantiating facts or as you tried to lecture us to putting evidence while trying to tear a paper into pieces. The fact of the matter is that I didn’t see any substantiating evidence in the answer from the PM. In this very report he himself said that he and his party will present the evidence in the near future. That is why I was putting the word “substantiate” in QUOTES.

I don’t believe in rumors or hearsay I just said that we know that the PM has published at least one book (the one about the struggle of the Eritrean people). This is a fact. The book used to be on sale and you might even still find it in some bookshops in Addis. If I concentrate on this fact and say that what he said about not publishing anything before is not true then I can put a question mark on the credibility of what he said next. That is what I meant by saying that if we go into hair splitting then we can always find something to say. Whether that puts into evidence the real essence of the document or not is something else. And as much as I have been polite with you I didn’t like the way you questioned my reasoning abilities. I am glad that my boss who knows me well thinks otherwise.

Having said that, I totally agree with you about cheap insults and rumors which have no place in civilized discussions.

But there is one thing that we Ethiopians need to learn it is to be critical about ourselves. From top to bottom (PM to the smallest) we really never accept any critics and go defensive about it. Let’s learn from our mistakes that what I tried to say. I said earlier that we can all agree on that mistakes were made during the elections. Even the PM agrees to it. The fact that there were hundred something investigations and thirty something re-elections attest to that and this is a fact. This is not the reflection of a near perfect election.
I was not thinking about “void good words” as you put it if we accept the report as it is. But it should not be a matter between us and the EU but a matter among Ethiopians. See where we failed and need to do better in the future.

Regards
DT

City: Somewhere

Dear Hailegnew,

You said Meles exposed Ana Gomez, well she wasn't hiding anything? It was Meles who exposed himself, by showing us how dirty mouth he is.

We ethiopian people are ashamed of these men, to insult the EU the way they did. The EU spent a lot of time and money to help our country. What these man are doing is cutting the hand that fed them.

Shame on you TPLF

On a separate note

What I don't understand is that when did we become colonies of the Europeans and the US?
To disagree and oppose the system/government is one thing but to suck up to the same people who are working around the clock tp finish the spirit of Ethiopian-ness is another.
Our independence as a nation is tested by the day and we are getting exposed by the day.
Shameful indeed and I am sure our forefathers are turing in their graves.
Think about it, Egypt some of the most resourceful and civilised countries around the world were tactfully engineered to end up what they are today. Some old civilisations lost their roots and ended up as a confused nation and people.
I can see that coming! God save our nation and people.
If we are not very careful and we are blindly led by juts hatered and emotions, we will put ourselves in a great danger.
The fact that some irresponsible self-inflicted coloniosed minds making noises and praising any crap coming out of the West without seening the bigger picture wouldn't help us sustain our independence.
Above all, what kind of message are we sending to the our children- the next generation?
Think about it!!!

City: SA

A garbage cleaner (Meles) created and added lots of garbage and now complicated his way out off it while surrounding by garbage mountains reminding him the rocky Tigrian mountain where he was hiding like a little rat to kill the innocent Ethiopian people and destroy properties and development activities before he became their ruler using excessive and unpresented crimes. When a little rat(meles) intending to oppose or confront a huge and peaceful Tiger(EU), we can conclude his time will be over with in seconds.
Congratulation Ethiopia and all Ethiopians. The little rat will be disappear with in short period of time.

Email: Gimma@hotmail.com

Dear Ethiopians,

Lets not please let hatred and prejudice blind us from reasoning. with out reasoning there will not peace or understanding among us. Lets stop insulting one another.

And there is no perfect human being whether he is in the opposition or in the government. wise people doubt even their own opinions. Therefore lets not support or oppose hundred per cent. Then we can see some light which can lead us to mutual understanding.

'What do I know, even generations make mistakes'

Montagne

Rayaw.

Email: rayaw@yahoo.com

Dear Methat/Meles/Bereket/Gebrelikiskis,

You said why listene to the colonisers, the West. After all these years, you have been shaking hands with them ,taking their money, they trusted you and appointed you as part of commition for Africa, you starve millions of people they are their to feed them. Why have you changde all the sudden. You can't handle the truth. PLEASE STOP BLAMING AND INSULTING THE EU FOR YOUR NASTY DOINGS. THEY ARE ONLY TELLING WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN. FROM NOW ON YOU KNOW YOU DON'T REPRESENT THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE, BUT ONLY TPLF.

Don't insult our intelegence. I just want to thank you for letting the world see you the way you really are.

Shame to TPLF leaders and slaves.

GOD IS ON OUR SIDE.

Mina!
Your nick reminds me my old good GF from the neighbouring country.

Mithat (Yeras Mithat),

The Ethiopians stand towards the colonizers is known. If you have ability to do so, go to every known international library or ask scholars about its trueness. Which part of the Ethiopian people was members of bandas working hand in had with foreign invaders? Who took and assisted the British to reach Mekdella (the capital) to kill Atse Theodros? Atse Yohannes. Who was getting financial, professional and political 100% support from Arabs who are looking for years to make Ethiopia an Islamic nation and from west because of ideology differences with Ethiopia? Tigrians. who showed the palace to TPLF cadres who acted as if they were at another planet back from mountains and desert? CIA. I can go on in on about the Tigrians being slaves to foreigners including to Arabs. You are people who have no strong stand about the things you are doing. You are like winds moving every direction looking always personal benefits rather than standing boldly with the truth. You have no integrities at all. You are the very dishonest people in Ethiopia. One time you acts as friends, colleagues, neighbours and the next time you become totally strengers and enemies when you meet some one from Tigry. We know you. You are the most distrusted people we have in Ethiopia. Foreigners especially the west now knows how for real you are.
Now you are telling the Ethiopian people not to be slaves to the west. The west and the Ethiopian people have long and mutual relationship for centuries. Except you, the rest of the Ethiopian people know nothing to be slaves. It is your profession started back from centuries. Even Melese's father, grandfathers from both parents side were slaves (bandas) to Italy.

You are mad and you don't know what to do because of your masters are telling you the truth treating you as slaves. There is no reason to them to feed and give you good life while the rest of the Ethiopian people live the life beyond imagination to healthy person. The Ethiopian people is respecting the west and looking to the future working closely to benefit each of us and the world. You continue with your lie and manipulation that is not working anymore. You became the reason to the failure of the African commission after one of the members (meles) massacred civilians in Addis and around the country and rigged the people's vote.
Don't even try to become between the Ethiopian people and the west. When we become hungry because of you (TPLF), they are feeding our life. They can't also go this way feeding others while you are making them starve, sick, immigrate and die.
We know the EU true report became your biggest and worst Yeras Mithat. There is no medicine to cure you other than giving the country back to the people and disappear from the seen.

Email: Gimma@hotmail.com

GIMMA!
Your nick says it all!!!!

i got him more funny more than ever . i thought He is not sleeping well , afer the june 8 disterbances . He still enjoy the blood ....

am

Email: eglenet@yahoo.com

City: oslo

Hailegnaw,

What do you mean GF? Do you mean Gebre Fikru? Gebre Fikadu? Gebre Frehatu? I am confused help me.

Well said Gimma. In our history Eriterians and Tigrians were the helpers of foreign invaders. While Ethiopians sucrifaced themselves to save their country. Meles families themselves are known to be bandas or Woyanes for many years.
Meles himself with TPLF were busy killing our people and dostroying our country before he came to power 14 years ago.
All of a sudden they become concerned people for Ethiopia.
Give me a break!!

NUNUSH!
I don't think Ras HAilu was Tigre or Eritrean but he was a collaboratore of the SOLDATOS and also so called kegnazmatch Yitateku. In every society there are collaborators it is bnot pecuclar to Tigres or Eritreans. so please stop your hipocricy

Dearest Tina,

What that little punck got I ain't got?

Ike Turner

Email: nmengistu1@aol.com

City: la

It is difficult to make any sense out of Meles' ranting against EU and Anna Gomez. If any, the two I can think of are:
1)he might perversely be thinking in his midget of a mind that Carter Institute observers will be bullied to dilute their recommendations and conclusions;
2)putting an appearance of a leader to his cronies within the EPRDF leadership.

Can't say am surprised.. but i am certainly ashamed.

Email: winnerrex@hotmail.com

Hagos,

You are right; this is what I also feel.

In my opinion, the PM and his close associates have a huge inferiority complex. Probably all of them were not college graduates (forget the degrees they got through correspence schooling-- it was a joke of the British). But somehow the west enabled them to grap power in a big African country.

Now they want to prove to the world that they are not less smart than college graduates. They are constantly seeking such recognition, although nobody is interested in this problem of theirs. Because of this, they talk and write about this and that without much of a point to prove or disprove, but with full of contradictions and arrogancy. They are utterly shallow and prove the well-known saying "a little knowledge is dangerous". To me, these kind of people are abnormal, stupid and very dangerous. This situation of our leaders is in the process of hurting the Ethiopian people, which they care less. Foriegners and shameless native opportunists take advantage their weakness by praising them unnessasrily and feeding their egos. This is well illustrated by the Amharic saying "doron siyatalulat bemechagna taluwat". This is one of the root cuases of the problem of our country. How do we solve it?

Email: wazeleke@yahoo.com

Hailegnaw,

If you have the resources there is a lot of evidence and no doubt that the Eritreans and many Tigres including Meles’ forefathers were the collaborators of the foreign invaders. If you do a little research you will find the origin of the present Woyane name.
You mentioned one person as a collaborator but that doesn’t substantiate the facts. The problem is that you don’t even know what his national origin is. There is absolutely nobody like the two groups who fought against Ethiopians with the help of enemies of Ethiopia.

The brave Ethiopians have sacrificed their lives and saved their country from slavery fighting against well-armed invaders led by Eritreans and some Tigres.
Before coming to power most of the present Woyanes were carrying Somali passports. They were also the destablizers of Ethiopia destroying bridges, infrastructure and the economy while living among and disguising themselves as Ethiopians. Most Ethiopians never believed these two-faced people acting as Ethiopians but were actually enemies.

Now all Ethiopians have come to know about TPLF’s attitude towards Ethiopia. That is why Meles has lost his grip and became desperate to cling to power despite the peoples’ wish that he to go away.

You people you don't understand the feelings of other ethnics than the amhara. Ofcourse all of u are there in Europe & America. what is Ethipia for you? Yehager feker semiet eyakateleh ezaw tinoraleh gen ethiopia selam endetehon atefelgim - kenat chirererer yadergachihu you will see that nothing will happen. Meles is like Theodros who doesn't fear Europians.

Email: chebudie@yahoo.com

City: Jimma

anasaw!

YOUR NAME SAYS IT ALL!
ANTE KEHULUM YANESK

Anasaw,
Here you are again making wrong conclusions. As far as we Ethiopians are concerned we are ONE. Why do you have go around looking for differences? And don't you dare compare Theodros and Meles. There difference is like black and white.

ONE LOVE.. ONE Ethiopia

Anasaw,

Theodros was the brave and beloved king who died for Ethiopia.

Meles is worse than even Mengistu. Meles / TPLF / Woyanes were hiding like rats in Tigray’s dry mountains killing innocent Ethiopians while destroying Ethiopia’s property. That means he was and is the enemy of Ethiopia and Ethiopians. Meles is one of the most hated persons in Ethiopia.
Meles the killer and the liar yearns for Ethiopians to kill each other so that he and his ignorant and corrupted TPLF thugs will remain in power and ruin Ethiopia.

By the way Amharas have always loved and died for their country and they never thought of forming a separatist group to separate themselves form their motherland, and their fellows Ethiopians unlike the TPLF/Meles and Woyane.
Why is that certain people (mostly TPLF cadres) are offended when such great stories about Amaharas or other Ethiopians are told? Since when does telling about dying for ones country make one insensitive about other ethnic groups? Dividing people by ethnicity is not the art of Amharas or other good Ethiopians. It is the hidden agenda of TPLF and Woyanes who came up with ethnic ‘kelils’.

The time has come to end the rule of those of you who are obsessed with ethnic divisions. Ethiopians, whether in or outside, are sick and tired of you. They want you to go away back to your primitive dry mountainous life.

So Anasaw / Yanesaw go get some education and enlighten yourself about Ethiopia and its history. Don’t even dare to compare the highly respected, loved, brave Theodros with this murderer thug, Meles, who wants to stay glued to the prime

Nunush,
Well said!

waht i can say is something is wrong with the good lady.i have not seen any sound aricle written by the opposition leaders or any one which challenge meles's facts and arguments aganist the EU-EOM report. the facts which he produced to disprove her facts and the arguments he presented to show how silly her conclusion was really wonderful.from this one can conclude that some thing is wrong with the report and wihh the good lady.

Email: bdesalegnb@yahoo.com

City: addis

QWQW,

Thanks.

Nunuye! Meles is part and major part of Ethiopian history. I don't think history is only considered when it's older than your age. Come and try to carefully study today's Ethiopian Updated history.

City: Jimma

Losers! Losers! Still living in denial, ah? Never again there will be a time for the likes of you. MELES IS THE GREATEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED FOR ETHIOPIA. Can't you see, now Ethiopia belongs to all
ethinic groups. This is what makes you sick. Just to give you piece of advise"what you can't avoid, welcome it"

EPRDF FOR LIFE

GGGWARRIOR,
You need a reality check? who's lossing?
Yes, Ethiopia is the home of different ethnic groups.But that doesn't mean that we should fight over it. Diversity is strength. But people like you use our differences to build walls between us.Hear me out.. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. You said Meles is the best thing that happened to Ethiopia. How?? Because of his lies, murders, manupilations? He's here for power and money. Don't be fooled by his lies. And we CAN avoid ...

Nunush.... thanks a bunch. But apparently our friend anasaw isn't convinced ... not that he tried to understand. The thing is..he/she knows that you are right.

Dear participants,
Please excuse me for interrupting. I am not one bit away from the main issue and I am with you all the way.

Anasaw,

You may have a point here considering that Meles is in his final stage.

To mention a few of his legacies:
-Unsuccessfully tried to create clashes between and to divide the people by ethnic origin.
-Divide the country and its map by ethnic name.
-Subjecting Ethiopians to killing, torturing of those who speak out against and who do not share his ominous hidden agenda.
-Starving the people where there was no starvation before.
-Changing the country into a beggar nation.
-Giving away the country’s port and allowing it to be land locking.

-Taking the country backward. Decrease in GDP than during the derg years.
-Rampant poverty and disease as seen from the explosion in the number of HIV/AIDS cases and other diseases.
-Looting the country’s wealth with his corrupt and greedy friends and family.
-Corrupted the system by putting his rebel and friends in high positions when they have neither education nor experience.
-He was unwilling to accept defeat in an election marred by fraud and killings. The people, including -European election observers and Americans, condemned the election.
-The so-called prime minister attempted to glue himself to power without the people’s mandate for more than 14 years
-He was defeated by CUD, which represented all Ethiopians that have love for their nation and people.

He is certainly is a big black mark on Ethiopia’s history that should never be repeated again.

Ethiopia Rules!!!,

I agree with you and thank you.

GGGWARRIOR

I can see from your choice of naming yourself ‘ warrior’ and wishing EPRDF to stay for life.
That means you are still living in the dark ages.

Although you support EPRDF you are confused about the ethnic issue. Meles, created and encouraged ethnic division as his way of controlling power...the old divide and conquer. He wanted to create ethnic clashes that never before existed in the country. He took the country many years backwards by dividing and giving the country’s provinces ethnically derived names.

People did not like Meles’s ethnic policy and voted for CUD, who brought all ethnic groups together in harmony. That is why Meles lost the election and started murdering voters, protesters and harassing opposition candidates and etc…. As a result the election process was condemned by all major democracies.

Neither EPRDF nor any other party should remain in power for life. EPRDF is not a royal dynasty that is going to rule forever, it has to learn about democracy and giving up power peacefully.

I understand that this is the best time for TPLF and EPRDF groups to stay in power because they have become rich overnight. They are looting the country while other Ethiopians are dying of starvation, poverty and disease. Now EPRDF is worried and they are doing their best to confuse the public but nobody buys their rhetoric.

This is what you need to understand. We are living in an age where presidents work for a few years and step down peacefully and willingly respecting the people’s choice without any force or war. That is going to be the future of Ethiopia.
God bless Ethiopia.

GGGWARRIOR,
It's clear that you are a racist. Why else would you say " Never again there will be a time for the likes of you." I don't blame you.. you have been brainwashed. Just like the TPLF(EPRDF) troops. Deep down inside you know that what nunush said is right. But i am sure you won't admit it. My advice for you is.. PRAY.