Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The wounded dog Meles is barking loud one last time !

Addis Ababa - Prime Minister Meles Zenawi condemned in strong language on Monday an European Union report critical of Ethiopia's post-election period and said it would affect relations between his country and the European Union.

The European Union's chief election observer, Ana Gomes, said on Thursday that key aspects of Ethiopia's May 15 parliamentary elections failed to meet international standards. She reported widespread human rights abuses with opposition members arrested and witnesses to election violations intimidated.

"The EU report speaks for itself. The statement in my view shows that the mission has turned out to be something worse than a farce," Meles told journalists. "We shall in the coming days and weeks see what we can do to expose the pack of lies and innuendoes that characterise the garbage in this report."

Email: ethio@yahoo.com

City: Addis

Re: The wounded dog Meles is barking loud one last time !

As usual Meles and co are using the differences between Europe and the US. A US high official was asked about his government's knowledge of this EU report which he replied we knew. How true this is i dont know. However, Meles is relying on US sponsorship.

Email: EthiopianXX@aol.com

I am surprised Meles didn't know we ( the Ethiopian people) control TPLF's future. Maybe he doesn't see any thing in the dark, as the sun has set. The Ethiopian people refuse to bow to terror.

The sun has set never to rise again for EPRDF!

Email: ethio@yahoo.com

City: Addis

I do hope and pray the carter center is not going to give good report regarding the election. I am sure they must be aware of the human right issues and 42+killed.

City: AA

Unfortunately, President Carter has been close to Meles from the start. Hopefully he is not influenced by his charms. The Carter Center needs to evaluate and investigate everything before they make any kind of statement. The Carter Center should hold Meles accountable for killing innocent people; other wise their credibility is questionable.

People! There is a big difference between the Carter Center and the EU, there is really no comparison!

The EU Observer Mission is the Worlds biggest and most credible, what is laughable is that Meles and Co. will have to prove WTIH EVIDENCE as to what they claim the EU siding with opposition and intentionally leaking out reports. What is further funny is that leaking reports does not mean the report is false! In other words, our Eritrean leaders in Ethiopia simply don't have a ground to stand on but reject the report...further this is not like the conflict they have with Eritrea, this is a grade given to them with a big F...F for FRAUD!

They know it and I am sure they are despirately trying to NOT accept the advise that the EU, US and others in the UN will tell them now which is...FORM A NATIONAL UNITY GOV'T AND STREGTHEN MORE THE DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTIONS!!!

Hmmm?