Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Invite OPDO to Join the CUD/UEDF Coalition

I think CUD/UEDF should offer attractive package to OPDO to jump ship and join their coalition. CUD/UEDF can start thist informally and later upgrade it to a formal level.

OPDO has not been treated with respect by TPLF. CUD and UEDF can offer OPDO attractive ministerial portfolio, may be even vice Prime Minister position with some serious power. This will have two effect. First, it would strengthen OPDO's hand when it negotiates with TPLF. The less power TPLF has the better. It would plant some power struggle between TPLF and its major partner, OPDO. Second, it may have a chance to grab them and have them as a partener thereby reducing Meles's party to a minority level.

This should be done in parallel while the civil and peaceful disobedience goes on. Such a strategy will at the very least put OPDO on the fence and encourage him to jump ships when the boat is rocked by civil disobedience.

The Mamo Qilo aka
Yegemel Chira aka
Ankasa Doro aka
Habte Muturo aka
Tengara Gundan aka
Yehager himagele aka
Yemender Arogit aka
Yimer Ali aka
etc

Re: Invite OPDO to Join the CUD/UEDF Coalition

As you change your shirt so do your name.

Gebrefenafent,

Is that all you have to say, when we are getting ready to steal one of your loyal organizations and render your master lifeless? What do you think of the proposal. Go ahead cut and paste an answer

Meles's letter proves my approach would work. He is isolated and desperate and has lost sleep at night. Desperate dictator is the most vulnerable dictator. Gebreselassie may be banned for the next 72 hours.

Ankasa Doro

Mamo Qilo,

OPDO? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. YOU MUST BE LOSING YOUR MIND. I WOULD SAY OLF.

NESTANET

No, I mean to say OPDO and all the other TeleTafi parties in EPRDF including the Amhara group. Leave TPLF alone. This is a strategy that would fracture EPRDF. Remember once OPDO leaves EPRDF it will no longer be a destabilizing force. It is the combination of OPDO and TPLF. Once you break them into two, OPDO would be a different party. Its members would rather collect $5000 salary with UEDF and CUD government than to be kicked out. Self eurvival will kick in and they will adjust their strategy with the power of the day. Gabto?

Mamo Qilo

Ankasa doro,

Nice day dreaming.Next call be to the SEDM,ANDEm, and finally THe TPLF. If you believe your call to the OPDO works why not for the Somal, Afar, and Gambela parties?

Again, you have a pleasant day dearming.

Email: Alemayehu_05@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Ankasa doro,

Nice day dreaming.Next call be to the SEDM,ANDM, and finally THe TPLF. If you believe your call to the OPDO works why not for the Somal, Afar, and Gambela parties?

Again, you have a pleasant day dearming.

Email: Alemayehu_05@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

oh dumbo,

let me explain to u why he wants OPDO...its because it is the largest party in EPRDF and is under previledged. That is an advantage. What is the use of inviting the Gambellan Party? They have three seats or what in the Parliament? See, being the biggest and underpreviledged like OPDO has an advantage unlike any other party.

But anyway, there is no chance CUD would do that because it doesnt include ethnic based parties in its coalition. UEDF may.

Zeabysinian,

I think UEDF should bring OPDO to the fold. The minute that is accomplished TPLF becomes a minority party. At that point all the other smaller TeleTafi parties will beg you to be a part of the winning coalition. It is not day dreaming it is a strategy. Alemayehu01 do not get mad.

Ankasa Doro

Gebrefenefent,

You still owe me an answer on my proposal. You seemed to be mum. I meediately you went on an other thread and insulted me. Did my proposal make you mad. Were you afraid to say go ahead and try (you know the tension between OPDO and TPLF), were you afraid to say they would not consider any offer (because you know they would) after all unlike OLF, OPDO does not have any agenda of its own. They were created and sustained by TPLF financial incentive. If we up the ante. you know they will jump ship. Thank God they have neither principle nor their own agenda. This makes them a low hunging fruit to be had. CUD/UEDF can change the political balance with OPDO without any political cost. Remember OPDO is TeleTafi and can be had without any compromise.

I think this is why you were fuming mad. I think this is what made you insult me. Do you have any clue why Meles wrote 20 pages of appeal letter. I told you this is a sign of despeartion.

Yemender Arogit aka
Yehager Shimagele aka
The Mamo Qilo

I think it is a great idea to strip off OPDO and ANDM from TPLF,by any means of persuasion,so that they remain with 38 parliamentarians out of 547-strong House of Parliament.Then we will see how they enact laws in favour of them and send the lion's share of the budget to their region.
They have built two textile factories,cement factory,pharmaceutical factory,university to mention a few and that is enough.It is other regions turn.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

Amdae,

I am glad you see the merit in my proposal. I call upon UEDF and CUD to approach OPDO and offer them a very attractive package, if they join UEDF. OPDO is ready to be picked. They would rather join a wining party than sink with TPLF that has been treatng them as second class parties mandated not to set agenda (not even for their region), but only to implement TPLF's agenda.

I think this is a shrewed move. That would leave TPLF lifeless. Sorry Alemayehu01 and gebrelekuskus. VJ will tame Ibrahim and bring him and his party in the UEDF and CUD fold.

Cheru Muturo aka
Cyber Bully aka
Mamo QIlo

Mamo Qilo!

Good idea and suggestion, but it does not work.
CUD opposes article 39 and wants land to bought and sold. I do not think OPDO will agree to scraping of article 39; thus they(OPDO & CUD) are not compatible.
Meles knows he has few card to play.One among them is to keep the family happy. He can give prominent appointments to officials from region 4 and the South.
He may even step down and appoint a PM from region 4.
Not only that he may even propose to make Affan Oromo official language of Ethiopia.
Now what should OPDO do? remain stedfast and keep the demand of the people in the front; that is make lives better, make goods and services available; make fertilizers for the farmers cheap, cut taxes, fight neo-neftagnas, etc.
Five years from now during the next election, it will not be Meles that you will be opposing but a Southerner.
It is for this reason the tactics proposed by opposition to boycote the parliamnet will be unproductive.
Mamo Qilo! I may be wrong, in my assessment, but I want your learned and wise input on this matter.

Belew

Belew:

Your thinking that Meles would appease OPDO and may be even make Oromigna the national language and give up his Prime Ministership to an Romo will not happen. The moment Meles start to give in to the demands of OPDO, he is gone, because both OPDO and the other TeleTafi parites would come for more power. The more he gives in the sooner he shrinks in the eyes of his TeleTafi establishment. Before he knows it he will end up being TeleTafi himslef. This simply does not go well with Meles's personaity and TPLF's objective of using the political establishment to enrich Tigray.

The proposal I put foth would work in one of two ways. One is Mele would be marginalized and undermined (if he goes the way you propose) or marginalized and undermined if UEDF/CUD manage to bring OPDO into their fold. I agree with you UEDF is better suited to snach OPDO from the jaws of Meles.

The decision by the opposition to boycot the parilament and reject NEB's decision is the right decision both from tactica and strategic point of view. There is nothing that Meles would not do to see the opposition in the parlament as a minorty party. Why do you think is the number one person on this forum who calls for the opposition to join the parlament and even suggests that their decision to boycot the parilament is a betrayal of the people who voted for the opposition? You are right it is Gebreselassie Zemariam.

The Mamo Qilo

Yilma, Ethiopian and VJ,

Do you care to comment on the discussion between The Mamo Qilo and Belew?

Ok, Ibrahim, yes you too can comment.

The Mamo Qilo

OPDO was established by OROMO POW's during the war with the derg. Most of them chose to join EPDRF out of anger with the derg's unwillingness to acknowledge their existence after they surrendered to EPDRF. Some opportunists allso used the anger to climb up to power. Some OLD LADY in this forum wrongly wrote that Amharas were slaughtered by the OROMO populous in Bedeno while the truth is that it was organized and carried out by OPDO. They have done all the EPRDF dirty job in the south and they have lot to answer for. I do not think neither CUD nor UEDF should drag themselves with those loosers. UEDF should be clean and must be represented by the real opposition. UEDF does not need a face lift.

On the issue of power meles is on the edge and does not afford to make any concession. OROMIFAA could not be a national language since most ethiopians do not speak it. Even Meles has to learn it. One of the main
issues ffor the southern people is national language. Most prefer Amharic as a national language because it is being used by most non Oromo southerners.

VJ,

Probably the most sensible thing you said is On the issue of power. You wrote and I quote: "meles is on the edge and does not afford to make any concession." Would you admit that you and Yilma were wrong two months ago when you guys were arguing with me that the opposition is finished. You were saying that foregt this round, get what you are given and try to regroup for next round. I tried to tell you guys that what the opposition did was a strike of genius and their strategy and tactic will both undo and undress Meles and company. I am glad you are man enough to admit today. Yilma is still dancing around and the corrupt Ethiopian is hiding behind the cover of "technicality."

Mamo Qilo

VJ,

I failed to comment on one improtant point. In reaction to my proposal to bring OPDO to the opposition fold, you wrote: "UEDF does not need a face lift." You are probably confused and find yourself tied in knots by looking at the world from tactic and strategy point of view. My brother you seem to forget there are grey areas betwen the two where they seem to overlap and tactical strategy or strategic tactic become an important consideration. If you are truly ready to learn, I am ready to educate.

Ankasa Doro

Mamo Qilo:
you said tactically it is productive to boycott the parliament by the opposition. I do not think so. It was clear from the beginning that the rules of election were favouring the ruling party. NEB is /was accountable to the PM. The opposition knew all this and yet opted to participate in the election. The same NEB said EPRDF is the winner, regardless of the accusation of vote rigging. Now tell me what was the tactic then and the strategy then and now? Are they going to topple the government by force? Where does it leads not to participate in the parliament?

On the other hand, if the current elcted members of the opposition do not take their seats in the parliament, then another round of election will be held, thus giving the ruling class more seats in the parliament. This is why I fail to see the wisdom of such incoherent political move.
I think OPDO and The south will come out victorious; it is a matter of simple political fact. Meles has no other alternative, except to pave way for these other group to step in preserve the part principle and agenda. If he does not do this he will lose the support of these groups, no matter how weak they may be. They have already have enacted a few reforms to appease the populous.

VJ, You may thin majority of Ethiopians do not speak Afaan Oromo. If you look at the proportiopn of Oromo in Ethiopia they are about 40%, thus the are entilted to demand to have their language recognised on the federal level, and mele will help this become a reality. Meles can learn any language, he has the capacity to do so.
OPDO also will demand this for their loyalty to uphold the part line.
Mamo Qilo, what do you think of this response of mine?

Belew

Belew,

Interesting you asked for my view of your message. First, it lacks internal consistency. Its logic is at war with what the objective of the message is. Second, your facts are screwed. Oromo people do not constitute 40% of the people. They are about 30%. Meles is worried about tomorrow and the day after. You are talking about 2010 election. Belew, you are out of touch, not only with Meles, but with yourself.

Vj is a solid chap. I have respect for him. But once i a while he seems to go off mark. But that is fine. I am here to educate.

Ankasa doro

UEDF IS DYING IF NOT DEAD. CHECK THIS FORUM TO SEE WHY http://oromoindex.forumsplace.com/message62.html