Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ethiopians in the Diaspora watch out for Berhanu.

It has become customary to threaten those who raise serious issues regarding a public figure.

Let us look at what the Berhanu’s propaganda machinery has managed to do. They erased all his shady past and recreated an image of a tolerant and visionary leader. Never mind about his business dealings with the notorious TPLF oligarchs, the public must replace that with the new image of Berhanu.

They tell us the public has elected Berhanu to be the Mayor of Addis, when in fact, keste demean got about four percent of the vote in Addis, which reinforce the fact that keste demean has no popular support on the ground. The majority of the votes were casted for EDP. One must question why so many able EDP leaders were overlooked for the position. Why were the Addis elected council duped into voting for Berhanu? God forbid, you raise these issues; get ready to be bombarded by a handful of well organized Berhanu’s supporters, who are web savvy. Clever, but not for long.

The general voting public has not been allowed to directly participate in the country’s political process. The CUD council has formed a political oligarchy, dominated by Berhanu. Critical decisions are being made by 12 CUD council, most of who are in the hands of this guy. He is systematically disbanding EDP. Once a strong EDP support committees are no longer vibrant. The support groups are not even allowed to raise fund for EDP in the Diaspora. Instead, Berhanu has crowned Gizawe as the point person in North America. Gizawe’s great qualification is his friendship with Berhanu, other than that, he spends a great deal of his time at a local restaurant engaging in ideal political talks. If your intent is to paralize the Disapora community, Gizawe is the perfect choice, which is why he is picked for the job by Berhanu.

Berhanu’s strategy is brilliant. He is systematically weakening AEUP and EDP’s leadership inside the country, and while destroying their support base in the Diaspora. I hear a lot of whispering from every corner, but no one is coming out to call a spade a spade.

Berhanu is a ruthless individual. As recent as two weeks ago, he convinced the EDP leaders, Dr. Admasu and Hailu Arya, to issue a public condemnation of Ledetu for giving public statements against the signing of that infamous truce. Only after the intervention of some concerned members of CUD, from inside and outside of Ethiopia, that Dr. Admasue and Hailu Arya decided to withheld the press release against Ledetu.

Why target Ledetu? Because he is a populist. He has fought bravely against TPLF for 14 long years. This brave young leader is not willing to shortcut the people unlike Berhanu. What is the best way to tarnish the image of Ledetu? The Berhanu propaganda machinery has painted a picture of Ledetu as “an extremist.” Of course, they have not yet defined what that means. If ‘an extremist’ is to mean a person who is safe guarding the interests of the voting public at great personal sacrifice, then Ledetu fits that definition. I am sure the general public would like to see the opposition leaders taking Ledetu’s position.

Ethiopians in the Diaspora watch out for Berhanu. Don’t be fooled by his marketing strategiests. Yes he has been packaged beautifully, but once you remove that lovely wrap, you will find an empty box. Let us keep our eyes on the prize: a country free of TPLF. Wake up people, think! We are being distracted by this guy, let us come to our sense.

Abeba Bekele

Re: Ethiopians in the Diaspora watch out for Berhanu.

Why are the leaderships of EDP and AEUP allowing Dr. Berhanu to destroy them? Why not revamp their support committees in the United States? Why are they dying silently?

Abeba, Meskerem, etc are you for real? Do you have to resort to personifing the great Ethiopian people's struggle on the day that EU EOM vindicated the sacrifices made? What have you got aginst this guy (Berhanu) that is so burning you inside out?
As for me, his contribution is self evident. His record since he became an official of CUD speaks loud. Mind you, I have no favorite personality - whoever he - she - maybe. I actually think, Ethiopia can not afford to play any personality and ego game.
So, please drop it! Unless --------

Email: hiwot@optusnet.com.au

City: Sydney

Abeba,

CUD is made up of intellectuals and well informed members, it is impossible for one political economist to manipulate all of them. My dear Abeba, if you have an old score to settle with the Doctor, please do not do it at the expense of Ethiopia. CUD trusts the Doc.

Ledetu is a great person and he will have his day when the party and Lidetu feel it is the time.

My fellow Ethiopians in the Diaspora please let the Ethiopian people make their own decision on the struggle for democracy.

Let peace fill your heart.
God is love

Wesebehat le Egziabher

City: MS

Abeba,

Great job for exposing this guy. EDP and AEUP are allowing Berhanu to have a smooth sailing to the determinet of the opposition groups. Under the disgusie of tolerance, he is pressuring the opposition to join the woyane parliament, only to turn them into sitting ducks.

We need more women to joine the political arena.

Kinfe and Abeba,
Just go to sleep, I can see you yawning!!

Email: hiwot@optusnet.com.au

City: Sydney

I came from Ethiopia three years ago. Life is difficult there. Lidetu is a brave person and people listen to him. I was very sad when I got the news about his resignation. god be with him.

Kinfe, Abebe, Asefa

No one would take your message seriously. You are a bunch of mafias working for Woyane. Whether you believe it or not, we are going to make it. We will have one party which shall take us to victory. what is your point at this time when all the CUD member parties are working day and night to realise the unification of their parties.

by the way Woyane has already recruited individuals to write to this forum on a full time. A friend of mine told me in Addis.

Dear readers, watch out these guys.

Email: mamushababa@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Mamush!

You shouldn't stay this late. You better go to bed before you get the belt.

Pathetic defamation!!!! The Ethiopian people never listens to divisive, sinister, and poisonous propaganda. That is the work of desperate Weyanes. The leaders have proved to be stronger than ever....We know why you are crying in the name of exposing....burger munchers....Shut up and let the real men do the job they have started.

Gebreselassie,

You should know that I live in Addis. It will not be long when we lead you to freedon.

Email: mamushababa@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

GEBRESELASE ZEMARIAM.

IS THIS REALLY YOUR REAL NAME? I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT YOU DON'T DESERVE IT.WHY DON'T YOU FACE THE FACT INSTEAD OF INDULGING YOURSELF WITH HATE AND TRUSHY TALKS.I BELIVE MANY ARE TIRED OF YOUR TENEUOUS PONT OF VIEWS SO IF YOU PLESE KIDLY REMOVE YOUR SELF FROM THIS FORUM.
I THANK U FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN ADVANCE.

Email: doctordo44@yahoo.com

City: Losangeles

My fellow Ethiopians,
Why slander the good name of Berhanu at such a critical time in our history? Frankly, I haven't seen any shred of evidence to suggest Berhanu is insincere. Abeba seems to hold a strong aversion to the doctor, which sounds more personal than anything. If there is evidence linking Berhanu with any wrongdoing, then let's see it. Otherwise, stop making all these vague accusations. It seems all attention has been shifted to Berhanu after the attempt to discredit Hailu Shawel fell on deaf ears. I wonder who is next.

As for Lidetu, I have been disappointed with the way he conducted himself in the past one month. I have been, and still remain, one of his admirers. In my opinion, his actions over the past month has been more helpful to EPRDF than CUD. You can see that EPRDF cadres are using Lidetu to pit one opposition supporter against another. I am sure it was not Lidetu's intention to weaken his party when he came out public with his differences. But EPRDF seized on the opportunity to create division among opposition supporters. We are being distracted from the main problem the country is facing. You can take a look at the discussion we are having. we are discussing Lidetu. Since when did Lidetu become the problem to Ethiopia? He is not the problem. To have difference in opinion is natural and healthy. I would be worried if all CUD members voiced the same opinion. The big question is how to handle differences. That will be a big test of a person's maturity.

How do we know this is Woyanes propaganda machine to destroy Berhanue?--G/Zemeles steps up to defend it. Now we know why you were quiet yesterday G/Satan. You and your followers were manufacturing stories to destroy Berhanue. Get lost! You are a bunch of losers who support murders and looters. We will judge Berahune for our selves after we have seen his work. We shouldn’t be quick to judge. At the same time it will never take Ethiopia fourteen years to find out her leader is her number one enemy.

Birknesh Agere, do you have any thing personal against Lidetu?

Abeba mentioned above is it =Abebe=Meles=Legese? what is your next criminal name? Are you TPLF cadre or one of those lazy groups who doesn’t like to work or study but have a jealousy specialization against successful people after their hard work and sacrifice? When Berehanu became a doctor studying in foreign country (US), what did you have done? Nothing positive. He didn’t get his degree as many of your TPLF cadres have got from unknown schools buying with public money. He never killed even a single innocent Ethiopian while your TPLF cadres killed millions for the last 30 years. I can go on in on about doctor Berehanu good character. Yet people like you (Satan worshiper) blackmailing innocent and true Ethiopian while supporting TPLF cadres who fought hard to landlocked Ethiopia.
You are supporting Ethnic based rulers with their less than 5% ethnic shares while blackmailing innocent and true Ethiopians. All your negative and bad wishes towards Ethiopia attacking her true children will never work. The Ethiopian people are not the same as you used to portrayed them. Ethiopians after 15 may are not the same as they were before 15 may. They know very well that citizenship right is equal to everyone. No TPLF, No Tigry, no Kedadi, hodam or aderbay foolish members of the 3 so called EPRDF coalition slaves to serve TPLF. We have Equal right to our country. But our responsibility depends on our ability to bring positive change. There is no justification to those who took weapons in hands and have hate in head against Ethiopia to rule innocent people after committed painful crime on the way to reach Addis. If you cannot support Berehanu Nega, leave him alone while he has millions of Ethiopians behind him. His success after many sacrifices is not causing your failure. You are the main cause to your failure. Don’t be jealousy while you are living a life look like you are hiding to attack or blame others for your failure. As I’m member of the ordinary Ethiopians, we know you where, how and why you live according to your action towards Ethiopia and her beloved Children. It wouldn’t be easy and nice to us if we leadr and adopt how to support and oppose according to the Ethiopians circumstances? What ever you wish to try against Ethiopia and her good children who are working throughout their life started from going to school for the sake of the country, you will never succeed with poison in your head against the mass. If you are strong and determine enough for the good cause, you would be among the innocent and weak Ethiopians long a go to save them from TPLF hunger, harassment and imprisonment. Berehanu was in US working as a university lecturer other than as many of those in foreign country are doing. Yet he decided to scarify himself for his people cause. Yet again, people like you are accusing him with false and fabrication causes. Even if he has done something wrong in the past, the Ethiopian people will forgive him. We need people like him more than ever including members of CUD, UEDP and others. But some bad Ethiopians are working hard to stop or demoralize someone who is working hard and good for the sake of the country. We have to know how to support by appreciating and buying their works from those who write books, sing songs or make films in the name of the Ethiopian people. We have to know to motivate and support those who work hard and good to the Ethiopian cause. It is easy to benefit oneself, but it is difficult to benefit the country. TPLF cadres took power to benefit themselves. They came with nothing looking like as if ther were the last members of primitive people in our time. Now they became milliners. Berehanu and other opposition members have enough to give them comfortable life. But they don’t accept it while millions of their citizens live under body and soul hungry and trusty punishment life because of human made causes.

Email: Gimma@hotmail.com

Ladies and Gentleman:

I am sorry to send this message at this time, however I can not resist from doing so. I had the opportuinity to listen to Dr. Berhanu at different occasion and so far he has convenced me that he is a man to recon with. Bringing such nonsense at this time about his past does not have a place at this moment. Ethiopian needs a change, and we have found a leader who can effectively articulate our needs and concern.
We should not be fooled by some who are using this medium to create a wedge among Ethiopian opposition to open a hole for EPRDF to exploite such division. I sincerely believe that those who create such diversions at this time are instructed by EPRDF to do so. We should be smart to know right from wrong at this time, the Ethiopian people can not be under estimated by such tactics.
Let us come together and ask for justice and equal access. The EU report by Mrs. Gomez is a clear picture to all of us that Ethiopian needs change that can have a lasting effect on the next generation.

Email: andenet@yahoo.com

City: Oakland,CA

Gimma,

You vented a lot, hope you feel better. Now, you did that try to grasp the main point.

Askale,

Thank you for you thinking of me. Now you learn how to appreciate and work together to the sake of all Ethiopians. Wrong direction has wrong goal. What we are doing may not be the perfect one. But we have to see things widely and deeply having the weak and Ethiopian people as centre to our effort rather than personal interests.

Email: Gimma@hotmail.com

Gimme,

You got it, work for the greater cause not for one's selfish interest, that is the message to Berhanu Nega.

G/Z & TPLF slaves

Why are you paying too much attention to Berhanu, while your master is killing innocent people and starving 17 million.

City: AA

By the way I am not Askale. I am Askale Dama. Right at this point, I am not in the mood to talk about Berhanu. I am enjoying the EU report. All of you Woyane agents out there need to cool off from your anger. I have been stating the true facts about our political situation. (1) Woyane has been voted out of power by the people of Ethiopia. Meles stays in power in violation of the peoples' will. Only the people of Ethiopia will fix the wrong. Mark my words, the people will fix the wrong. Anger, insult, yada, yada will not cut it. Woyane has to go. That is the final determination of the millions of Ethiopians. What part of this statement can't you grasp???? As for Berhanu, I have been saying that he is going to make a fantastic mayor. Here is why. He is a known quantity. He is the type of person I can trust the key to Ethiopia. He comes from a culture of hard work, progress, peace, fairness, calm, a culture of wisdom, and unshakeable loyalty to Ethiopia. The people know that, the people know who Berhanu is, where he comes from. Is short, we know his bag. I wish we had more leaders like him fro todays' Ethiopia. We had enough of demagogues and knee jerk loud mouths. Enough on Berhanu. Get off his back. Get to work or go get life. Berhanu is the Mayor. Ditto.

Ladies and gentlemen,

Be advised that Abeba is the a member of the sleeper cells who are newly hired by weyane killers to divide the CUD. Look at her/his name ABEBA BEKELE. Be aware we might see many more Abeba's and Abebe's.

God bless CUD, Dr. Berhanu, and Ethiopia,
Yebret Kolo

Abeba
That is old woyane’s stupid trick. No one listen your moronic propaganda. You steal Ethiopians money but you can’t the mind.

What frightens me about the opposition camp is its lack of creating a system to evaluate whether a leader is effective or not.

We are willing to follow a leader blindly until we reach a dead end. That is a fatal mistake on our part. We should be quick to identify a problem to nip it on its bud. Not us, we drag it on until its natural death, which makes us fatal. Berhanu is croaked personality, but we are adamant to elevate him to a higher stature. Ironically we give unequivocal support to bad leaders only, when it comes to great leaders like Ato Lidetu, Ato Hailu Shawel, Dr. Taye, Dr. Merera etc., we are dragging our behinds. We must be cursed. I feel sorry for Ethiopia.

Menber,
Can name one political party leader who failed us other than the incumbent ones?

Three Legs

Menber,
Can you name one political party leader who failed us other than the incumbent ones?

Three Legs

Three legs,

I already mentioned four, out of many.

Three legs,

We have a number of dynamic political leaders, among whom are Ato Lidetu, Ato Hailu, Dr. Mererra etc. If you are interested, throw your support arround them.

Dear Menber,

I'm sorry for the confusion. Let me rephrase my question.

Can you name a political(Opposition)leader who failed us before other than weyane and its affiliates?

Three Legs