Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
National Reconciliation is the only way out...........

The wisest thing to do for the ruling EPRDF and the opposition is either to conduct the election all over again (so it measurable to the international standard) or to work around the proposal submitted by CUD/UEDF (form a provisional coalition government until the reorganization of the military, the judicial branch, the election board and the state media as an independent institutions) means free from the influence of political parties and the executive branch of the government. These will make everyone a winner otherwise the country is heading into chaos and the outcome is not going to be good for EPRDF as well as Ethiopia.

I say this is a great opportunity to fix politics and government in Ethiopia for good. We all should heal our bitterness of the past and end all mud throwing against each other. After all we are all Ethiopians and should prepare ourselves for a genuine reconciliation. Then we can prove to the skeptic that black African is capable of building a democratic society. God bless Ethiopia.

Wesebehat le Egziabher

City: Addis

Re: National Reconciliation is the only way out...........

Haile, sober and pragmatic idea. But, and a big but, EPRDF has never reached out and embrassed any advances by opposition parties for the last 15 years. Remember, the Wabi Shebele conference a couple years ago called by the then opposition bloc?
You mignt argue that it is different this time, because of the balance of power has somewhat shifted and that the opposition is better organised. However, EPRDF is pecular beast which reinforces its own lie, deciet and false strength. And its (EPRDF's) members and supporters are irrationally biased (maybe because of their ethnic 'fears')and just in denial.
I think the opposition need to do what it need to do. Get the people behind them and peacfuly struggle to force EPRDF to its knees.

Email: hiwot@optusnet.com.au

City: Sydney

Haile,Swenet,

This is a great opportunity for Woyane to "fix" our political problem once and for all-Just create a conducive environment for free election.A free election demands free election board, equal access to media to all,independent security force,etc. I am sure we will have it one day but why not make it NOW. The key is with Woyane.

If Woyane is not ready for the National Reconcillation, the opposition need to be united and organize the people for this noble cause.

Nestanet

THE OPPOSTION HAS DONE EVERYTHING TO REMOVE THE GOVERNMENT SINCE THEIR INCEPTION EITHER COLLECTIVELY OR SEPARATELY. BUT, ALL HAVE GONE TO VAIN BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF EFFECTIVNESS.

WILL THEY BE EFFECTIVE AS A RESULT OF EU REPORT? I DON'T THINK SO. A PERSON WHO THINK OTHERWISE SHOULD BE WAY OFF THE REALITY OF THE WHOLE SITUATION.

NESTANET IS ONE OF THEM.

Gebre,

I am glad you brought the EU report to our attention. They said:

"the election Ethiopia's national elections failed to meet international standards for democracy in key areas"

That is the reality we are talking about and that is the truth. I am not sure which reality you are talking about. Don't lie you know the reality. You better fix it. Otherwise............

Nestanet

Gebrelekuskus,

The question is would EPRDF be effective, not would the opposition be effective? Your tone has melowed and you are even posting criticism against the government. Are you trying to jump ship? Ante Kehadi, are you going to betray your master? Be like Ibrulekuskus. He would rather die with his master.

Mamo Qilo aka
Ankasa Doro

Mamomian!

You missed the whole point.

Gebr..Zem, EU has spoken!!!! What are you going to do about it? I can imagine Meles overworking his spoiled brain on how to reply to EU? No, I actually can see, how he will reply - he is going to say "I see this in three ways ---- eh -- I will start from my third point --- eh ----it is oot or in, there is no other way --ehh ---" etc.
He is done, mate!!

Sewnet!

Anticipating your honest answer, I want to forward you a simple question if you don't mind.

Do you think EU's report will make any change to the reality?

Gebremeles

The report will give the people and the leadership a confidence to claim the necessary steps to bring democray to their soul and country.

Melse is under watch, by the democratic world.

City: MS

Haile!

A dog is the only creature that spits what it leaks and leaks what it spits. Why are you acting like a dog?

Thanks Haile, Gebremeles is just another 'leb adrek', I don't know if is capable of holding a converstaion straight.
The EU report officially exposes Meles what he is made of. It says to the world 'Meles says this -- and here is what actully he did'. Your leader has undercut his own self made 'reputation'in the eyes of his western admirers - until now. You see, Meles's friends in the west have no legs to stand on thanks to the report.
With regard to the report's impact 'on the ground' in Ethiopia, well you only need to measure the rise and rise of confidence among the opposition and especially the people.
I don't if you can allow yourself to understand all the above. Just loosen your guard and try!

Gebremeles, Yes that is better, get yourself a corner and puff it out! That is your place. 'Smoke' replacing words/ or lack of words.

You are spitting what you have been swallowing. Understand?

Geremeles,
Ante dengaye ras neh! Have you got anything between your ears?

Get up from your seat and get napkin. You need to whipe your anger off your nose.

Sewenet,

What ear are you talking about. You need a head to have a set of ears. Gebrelekuskus is gebrelekuskus.

Mamo

GebreMeles,

This must be your full time job... Are u at the Embassy in DC or LA? It is sad tha Ethiopian tax payers money is waisted on individuals like u. Some one said u are Dr. Biruk ...from the DC Embassy, Is it true?

You will need Jesus in your life, so u will have peace.

City: Addis

For the last 200 years of Amhras dominatiopn of Ethiopia, The Amhras dominated governments and Amhras tribalist lazy kings (King Menilke and Fake King Haileselassie) have mass genocided hundereds of thousands of oromos,Tigreans,Eritreans and other None Amhra Ethiopians.
Therefor i beleive the Amhras must apologize to all None Amhra Ethiopians before its too late.

Email: Micheal@yahoo.com

City: Washington

Gobena = Gebrelikiskis,

How much is your commission for Meles' asasas kissing?

Fellow Ethiopians,
Let us stop recriminating each other for things that we neither know anything about nor we were part of.Let bygones be bygones as this futile effort is not going to solve the problems our people are in.Please,in God's or Allah's name,let us talk about constructive issues that would further the livelihood of all Ethiopians.It is a travesty of justice and criminal to attribute unfounded statements to an individual leave alone a whole ethnic group.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: York

Netsanet=Mamuye Qilye=Jadu=Tariku=Ankasa Doro=Quixote etc garbages. You are all GARBAGES! Words of mine are NOT sufficient enough to describe your stupidity.

Alebabsew biarsu bearem yimelesu... Let us take the lid off. I don't think you are in the service of the nation. Anytime any truth about EPRP's past is uttered, you flare up like a dangerous pet and pour out what you are bottled up by your denkoro political mentors. We know a beast is a beast under all circumstances. A beast remains a beast whether he stands on his feet or on his head. You have to face the fact that EPRP was a cold blooded diabolical killing machine. That is what Aster H/M tried to show you. EPRP killed thousands of innocent men, women and children. Don't deny your past. Whether you like it or not it is the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the TRUTH. Please face it. Regarding national reconciliation, I again subscribe to Aster's idea. It is all about immunity from criminal prosecution. EPRP's victims should be able to claim compensation from you and your bosses. You have to make the damage good, to the extent possible. Many families have ruined because EPRP killed the bread winner. Many women have become prostitutes cos EPRP killed their husbands, fathers and mothers. Many children have died of starvation coz EPRP killed their mothers and fathers. The same holds true with MEISON, ICHAT etc garbages and the Derg. The compensation should come from the personal accounts of you and your likes. You committed all these heinous crimes and now you claim to be a Derg victim or claim to be a "patriot". ****ttttttttttttttt!!! It is a tragedy. After killing thousands of innocent Ethiopians you still aspire to power in liberated Ethiopia. If I were you I would have committed suicide. Your heart and brain should be made of plastic that you still have a gut to utter nonsense on this forum. Don't you feel guilty?
Email: tirebo@hotmail.com

Gebreselassie wrote

Do you think EU's report will make any change to the reality?

My answer is NO. Not before,during or after
election report changes the reality!
Because the reality is the Ethiopian people has overcome the ethnic division orchestrated by Meles & his followers for Meles's own greedy ambition. Instead the Ethiopian people become one from every corner, every ethnic group despite the poisonous propoganda of the state media and has given their voice to the opposition! THAT IS THE REALITY! I agree with you EU changes nothing. Do not forget the reality on the ground will prevail infront of your eyes. I do not agree with the hatred that eating you inside against all Ethiopian peace loving community. Think twice before too late to reflect the reality. You're on the wrong side of the reality. Say what you believe not what you've been told to say.

Thank you

City: Canada

Tolesa Irebo aka Hagere Ethiopia,

How are you. I know I demolished you and rendered you lifeless. You cannot recover from that. Go to a corner and lick your wounds. Do not spend you night writing 20 lines. All I do is remind you that I decimated you and rendered you lifeless. I do not even read you. Other than that, how is your summer. Did you take vacation?

Mamo Qilo

"One of the most straightforward and basic rules of dealing a worthy opponet is to understand its relative strength and weakness. apparently this understanding is not in the strategic handbook of the oppostions.This worthy opponent has a formidable organizational structure and an astute intelligence and armed force, notwithstanding about thirty years of experience in dealing with political and military adversities. Conversely the perception of the government's dependency on alm from donor countries as its main weakness is quite deceiving."