Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Transparent" Corruption at the ETC

There are two chinese Telecom companies amassing wealth selling useless electronic gadgets to the gov't owned telecommunication corporation, SO CALLED ETC. ETC under thief Tesfaye Birru, a mathematics graduate, is in a total mess. Within two years ETC has bought worthless gadgets whose worth is 1.5 Billion Dollars. The two chinese companies could get lion's share from this bulk purchase. The General Manager of ETC, Tesfaye Biru, is a close confidente of Meles Zenawi. Tesfaye Birru is licensed to rob. He is given a full authorisation to go into corrupt practices and take bribe from companies. The weekly newspaper 'REPORTER" wrote for about 9 months with solid evidences about the corrupt practices in the Ethiopian Telecommunicationbns Corporation i.e ETC. Another newspaper called 'nation' exposed about the under the table transaction with the two chinese companies, ZTE and Huwawei. The newspaper - nation- wrote about ETC for 6 months. No measure taken so far against Tesfaye Biru. Somebody on this forum mentioned about "transparent corruption". Corruption here is legal for the TPLF supporters. Actually they contribute to TPLF from the money they have looted. They report how much they have looted. TPLF decides how much it deserves and give the rest to Tesfaye Biru. IS IT NOT TRANSPARENT???
Email: TK@yahoo.com

Email: tirebo@hotmail.com

City: Addis

Re: "Transparent" Corruption at the ETC

Mamo Qilo:
I guess it is you who excellently remarked about "transparent" corruption. Corruption at the ETC (Ethiopian Telecom Corporation)is very rampant. The way corruption is going on there lets you ask yourself "is there a government in this country"?, "is there a law in this country"?, The CEO of ETC is immuned from any liability. The CEO of ETC has the full blessing of the Gov't to loot as he wishes. I ask you to comment on this.
Bekilil Anley

Email: banley@hotmail.com