Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IS ETHIOPIAN REVIEW ADVOCATING VIOLENCE OR WHAT?

The underneath has been reported and commented by Ethiopian Review. To my dismay, I found the comment behyond comprehension when ER commented for Meles's forceful resignation. Why is force required?

On the top of this, I would like to ask ER to give us more a comment if the election of the current mayor is acceptable while CUD decision to participat in the Ethiopain parliament is on question / on pending?
======================================================

The newly elected members of the Addis Ababa City Council convened today (Aug 20) and elected Dr Berhanu Nega, Mayor; Dr Admasu Gebeyehu, Deputy Mayor; Ato Assefa Habtewold, Speaker; and Wzr. Shewaye Kiros, Assistant Speaker.

After the 2000 elections, the Addis Ababa City Council elected the city's leaders in a similar way, but a few months later Meles Zenawi disbanded the Council, fired the mayor, and appointed his own mayor and other officials. The same thing will happen again unless Meles is forced to resign and a democratic government is in place at the national level.

Re: IS ETHIOPIAN REVIEW ADVOCATING VIOLENCE OR WHAT?

ER.

Ali Abdo was not elected, he was placed by the same dictator that took him out.

GeberStalin ZeSatan,
get a job instead writing all these bul...

Email: yahoo.com

City: CA

G/meles Zsatan,
I take your hidden message as a threat. You are telling ER and the rest of us not to exercise our freedom of speech and press or else.

Sorry! Your response is short of the issue.

IT IS NOT UP TO WOYANE, IT IS NOT UP TO THE PSEUDO ELECTION BOARD, ABOVE ALL IT IS NOT UP TO THOSE HODAM CADRES (AKA FIRIFRAFI LEKAMIS) TO TELL US HOW TO EXERCISE OUR FREEDOM OF EXPRESSIONS. SHAME ON YOU TO CUT & PASTE THIS GARBAGE MESSAGE. MAY GOD BLESS THE GREAT ETHIOPIA AND ITS PEOPLE!!!

Gerbreselassie

Your mean spitefulness is abhoring.

Email: EthiopianXX@aol.com

City: New York

GZ
If you think ER is so bad, then why don’t you ask Meles to create a new forum for the likes of you. Then again I don’t think your master will allow you to voice your views, only his.

**** of to Asmara before your master leaves you behind.

City: AA

Hi Mina the great:

We have plenty of people like you. What we are lacking is people with reason who are very far away from backwardness. If you cannot say more than this, I advice you not to waste your time. Learn, learn and learn. You are young and will make it. Please use your valuable time and advance yourself. Then you will be happy and don't need Microscope like now to see the world in its holistic form and content.

I wish you all the best. I hope you will accept my brotherly advice.

Abebe

Abebe,

Mina proposed Meles should create a new forum for GZ. Join the proposed forum. This is not a place for you both (Abebe and GZ!!) You heard?

Email: lalibela@yahoo.com

Brother Abebe, if you have the rights to criticize Mina--- Doesn’t Mina have the same rights to criticize G/S?

Forum participats!

Why don't you adhere to the topic and say something?

As to me, Bla, Bla, Bla,... is not worthed for all of us.

Thank you,

Dear Lalibela:

Are we thinking the mighty Ethiopia? Then, there will not be any need to open another forum. But we must learn how to tolerate variety of opinions whether we like them or not. That is democracy in action. Otherwise, it will be like living in a castle surrounded by water canals (channels). The consequence is clear, "rotting inside".

Cheers

Gebrelekuskus,

In case you did not get it, no one is going to respond to you. The most I can say to you is bla bla bla bla. We consider you a moron and morally corrupt tribal bandit. That makes you sub human. You have to be a human being for us to respond to you. You can be stupid. We can tolerate and even understand that. It is when you come across as a morally corrupt tribal bandit that we collectively ignore you.

Mulutenbit Gorbachev aka
Mamo Qilo aka
Cyber Bully aka
Ankasa Doro aka
etc

As a parent my heart aches everyday for the loss of young Ethiopian lives. And there isn’t a day pass with out thinking about the Ethiopian parents who lost their children by Meles Agazzi Army. They were gunned down for exercising their rights in their own beloved country. But G/meles see it in his distorted mind as advocating violence. We all know the real source of violence is Meles and Co. These people have gone after Tensea radio, and lately they have been criticizing Ethiomedia. And now according to G/Meles it looks like they are coming after ER. How tragic!!

Harboring hatered doesn't work, rather telling the backward mentality and attitude. We shouldn't see the world with a small hole. There are two option:

Option 1, proceed with democratiation process and absorb the painful reality.

Option 2: Go back to Zemene Mesafnt and snatch power with dirty tactics and violence.

Hey guys wake-up, the world is moving fast, accept reality and forget the Zemene Mesafint perception.

Mulutenbit Gorbachev!

Do you think appearing with new name will hide your identity? I don't think so. Thinking in your part proves that you are unable to use your mind to your own benefit let alone to our country, Ethiopia.

Yes, your mind is infested with lice: That is why you denied by saying, "we collectively ignore you" while at the same time you are responding regardless of the content. What a trgic to see a person in this state of mind!

Ht

What is the reason to hide your name?

Gebrelekuskus,

We know you are instructed to pass the name of participants of this forum to TPLF. You have to be a bit more descret than asking people to tell you their names. Small wonder why you repeated fifth garde three times.

Mamo Qilo aka
etc

Nice try, Gebreselassie. First answer this question: Have you stopped beating your wife?

That the phrase 'forced to resign' does not in any way imply violent force is clear to everyone. Ghandi 'forced' the British to leave with an utterly pacifist movement, let alone peaceful demonstrations.

So go ahead, ask your rhetorical questions and try to stick a label on ER, but it won't work!

Email: a@b.com

Hirna,

I am afraid your question to Gebrelekuskus should be "has you wife stopped beating you?" He is too whimp to beat his wife. He is a spneless tribal bandit devoid of moral and ethical values. His wife beats him everyday. When she is tired she sends Colorado students to beat him up.

Mamo Qilo

Okay everyone - tone it down, this is pathetic, everyone is entitled to an opinion without stooping to the level of school children by slagging each other!

I wish for you all a democracy where hatred of any form is NOT tolerated and different ideas, opinions and thoughts are TOLERATED!

You can agree to disagree - if you have a point to make, support it with the FACTS! A debate cannot be won by disparaging the other side!

Nicole,

What I posted was a fact supported by the news media in Colorado. Geberlekuskus was kicked around by three Colorodo students, who claimed that hi picked them up from the streets of Colorado and over chrged them by running his taxi meter by driving around a circle. The truth according to unsubstantiated rumor is that they were sent by his wife.

Mamo Qilo .

Court reaches verdict favouring CUD

Addis Ababa August 23,2005 -The First Instance Bench of the Federal High Court reached a verdict yesterday on the charges of the Coalition for Unity and Democracy (CUD) against the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE).

After scrutinizing the charges filed by the CUD against the NEBE, the court has reached verdict ordering NEBE to give copies of decisions of complaints hearing bodies, minutes, audiocassettes and other relevant documents to the CUD.

The court has also ordered the defendant, NEBE, to give copies of the decisions it passed to approve decisions of complaint hearing bodies.

The court in its decision ordered the NEBE to pay the expenses the plaintiff has incurred in filing charges and hiring lawyers.

The court indicated in its decisions that CUD had submitted evidences that substantiate its charges.

The court said the NEBE had also presented its supporting documents to the court. However, the court added, the evidences presented by the NEBE could not nullify charges of CUD.
(ENA)

Abebe,

Ethiopians have never, in the history, tolerated colonisers or their 'Bandas'. Therefore, why should we tolerate a shabia banda like you and GebreMeles? Do you know anything about democracy? Have you learned about democracy when you were in the jungle. I think we all know that you only know about gun and bullet not DEMOCRACY. Go to AA soon, CUD will teach you what democracy is. Otherwise, don't waste our time.

G/Meles,
Did your wife leave you because of your ethic values? Is it true that your ex-wife beat you up when you joined the TPLF with out her permission?

Lalibela!

We all must admit that the election of CUD to adminstor Addis-Ababa didn't come miraculously or by some kind of your and the like magic power. Rather, it is fruit of 17 years of bitter armed struggle against Mengistu's regime and its collaboraters by the gallant fighters of EPRDF and Ethiopian people. Had it not happened this, CUD woldn't have been able to sniff the smell of democracy let alone to adminstor Addis-Ababa. You are Mr/Mrs denier to see this fact let alone to utter a word.

Now you are telling Abebe to go Addis to see how democracy works under CUD. Should, I be wrong if I say you are the faniest of all creatures on earth? What sub-human!

Gebrelekuskus,

I used the term sub-human on you. Stop copying me. Moron. Ask Yilma to help you come up with your own expression.

Lalibela:

Well, what I can advice you and those simply throwing words emotionally is the following:

If you want to see sustainable development of your country, support the current formidable task of democratization.

We should not mix our individual misfortune or fortune with the vital and ground breaking national development agendas. We are now in the 21st century. Our world is becoming terribly smaller and smaller. Old ideas don't work. In fact, they are counter productive. Their negative impact can affect us individually and collectively.

We need to come back to our sense and stop looking through a small hole. Feudalistic mentality and Zeraf Zeraf doesn't help at this Internet time. You can see how the Europeans are uniting, how diverse populations are living in harmony in many countries.

We must develop a culture of tolerance and brothership. That is a strong signal of civility and establishment of strong and dynamic society. Let us nurture it and direct our efforts and energy towards building peace, development, democratic order and solidarity. This is the right direction. Otherwise, we cannot pull ourselves out of the quagmire of poverty, backwardness. We have to remember that what we do today will determine the destiny of our children as the next generation. If we continue like this, our regret will be terrible in the near future unless we say the greedy words " if I die let the grass should not grow". It is a true measurement for us to what extent we love our country. Other wise we are insulting our farsightedness. Hatered can force us to be "Schaden freude" as the Germans call it. Literally this means, "Maliciously happy at the misfortune of others"

Let us widen our horizon and be realistic. Learning is a continuous process. I am surprsed that many of did not grasp an iota of knowledge from your own environement. It is terrible that you are physically in one place and conceptually elsewhere.

Abebe,

You wrote: "We must develop a culture of tolerance and brothership." But what you are asking us is to tolerate TPLF's decision to steal the election. You sound like Gebrelekuskus and Ethiopian. You know Ethiopian lacks integrity he would not even keep his words. Small wonder why he supports Meles's stay in power. Birds of the same feather fly together.

Geberelekuskus Buster aka
Ankasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo

Mamo!

You are entitled to have a new name "CLUMSILY WALKER"

Gebrelekuskus,

Even Yilma who was suggesting that EPRDF is here to stay for five years as a majority party seems to believe that EPRDF may be on its last leg. Is that what is keeping you up all night long and read all emails? I pity you. Send me the tel number for the Ethiopian embassy I will ask them to pay you over time. Just because you are not productive does not mean you should not get paid. DO you know why Yilma jumped ship and appears to be distancing himself from your master?

Mamo Qilo

Mamo!

The only person who could tell me, I am working overtime is a person who attended me by working overtime: That must be you Mr/Mrs moron!

Are you working overtime to safe the already ineffective CUD Washington DC? It is worthy to contribute your $100.00 rather than betting for dream. I anticipate to withdraw your day dreaming Mr. Hailu Shawel into "NUBELU BETEMENGIST" at the expense unacceptable violence.

Mamo Kilo:

I am sorry, my message is wrongly addressed as your capacity cannot handle that.

Sorry Mamo, I didn't know that I am interacting with people who do not know what election and demacracy means. I hope, you are better than those parrots. I hope you are better than those Ethiopians (by name only) who do not even know that there was a national election in Ethiopia.

Please don't waste your valuable time, use it to improve your caliber. Then, you will realize what myself and Gebreselassie are saying. We are just helping you to be able to know what is good and bad for you. It is not the time of Spear, Shield and Sword. It is the time of developing knowledge based society. My friend, please benefit from that than clinging on feudo-imperial time which broght you hunger, laziness and backwardness which has become difficult for you to immune yourself from.

Ethiopians are cultured people and please be cultured. You should know your identity if you are interested.

Abebe,

What are you trying to preach. Are you trying to make pure Ethiopians swallow your 'Bemar Yetshefene Merz'? We know it all. We don't want the Shabia preach. You are trying to say something and do another. WE HAVE ENOUGH YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYERS SO CALLED SHABIA AND WOYANE. GOT IT??????