Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dr. Berhanu Nega: Become Mayor of Addis.

August 20, 2005 1:00 PM

The election of the leadership of the new government of the Addis Ababa City government has just been finalized.

Accordingly the following are the elected with their corresponding votes won:

1. Dr. Berhanu Nega - Mayor (123 votes)
2. Dr. Admasu Gebeyehu - Deputy Mayor (109 votes)
3. Ato Assefa Habtewold - Speaker of House (69 votes)
4. Wro Shewaye Kiros - Deputy Speaker of House (106 votes)
5. Ato Anteneh Mulugeta - Secretary (74 votes)

The elections were conducted in a very democratic and transparent manner. All those present were very joyous both in the process and outcome of the election. Many said it is a very exemplary work and wished the same would happen in the other forums of the country’s government.

After the official announcement of the election, Dr. Berhanu Nega, the newly elected Mayor, made a remarkable speech in which he stressed the active participation of the residents is of great importance not only in appreciating the goods but also criticizing when they do wrong. Issues of importance in the city government according to Berhanu will be governance and economic development. He stressed problems of unemployment and HIV/AIDS as core issues to be addressed. His speech was accompanied by a huge round of applause from the electing and non electing audience.

Re: Dr. Berhanu Nega: Become Mayor of Addis.

I am extremely happy about it.

Email: semlove@myway.com

City: addis ababa

congratulations Dr. berhanu thank God the woyanes are out of the city I love. I born and raised in addis from an eritrean/ethiopian family then i came to the US still having the beautiful side of the addis people and wonderful memories growing up. but things change when woyanes kicked out my family who lived in addis for 40 yrs. the woyanes came to addis after us but due to their hate filled propaganda and policy towards others they tried to make us hate the city we love. but I still love addis.
and now to the new mayor, i hope he will be tolerant to all ethiopians no matter what their origin, ethinicity, or religion.
God bless all.
sam, NYC

Email: Z_samn@yahoo.com

Sam,
You have touched my heart. I cannot even imagine how you felt and still feeling to be told you are not Ethiopian from the only thing you knew. This is what I fear for the future of Ethiopia because of the current leader who has similar characteristics with his cousin Esyas. We need a leader who has a vision to keep us together including some Ertarians like yourself who loves Ethiopia and all Ethiopians as one. But unfortunately their vision is to create division, hate and chaos by blaming one ethnic group against another. Woyanes are trying hard to cover up the horror they have committed for the last 14 years and blame other ethnic group for their crimes. People like Gebremeles are trying hard 24/7 to make Meles look a caring leader. If Meles is a caring leader then the pope is not catholic.

Elas w.

No matter what, I respect your idea.

With love of course,

Thank GOD, at least Addis Ababa is freed from the terror of Bereket and Meles. All parts of Ethiopia will be freed soon. I think Dr Berhanu and his team should now chack out the ghost of Arkebe Equbai & Co. using 'YeMedhanialem and Kidist Mariam tsebel!! before entering 'Mazegaja bet'.

He should then start all over again. What Arkebe distroys will be built in few years time. With the brain and the real interest that CUD has to free Ethiopia from dictators, They will make it with the HELP OF GOD!! God always help Ethiopia and Ethiopians.

Email: ab89891@yahoo.co.uk

City: LONDON

AB

What unfortuante lost mind you have! Your lost mind caused you to deny what Dr. Berhanu even said good things about Mr. Arkebe Ekuby let alone the residence of Addis Ababa.

Mr. Gebremeles,

I think you have a little man syndrome. Get Checked!!

Selam to all

Arkebe lost not because he was a bad Mayor; rather it was because Addis residents overwhelmingly voted against EPRDF. This is one of the lessons of May 15 that EPRDF can not afford to overlook.

Love!

Congratulations!!!!

enkuan dess alen
enkuan dess alen
enkuan dess alen, thank you CUD.

These obstacles has been removed from Addis, and will be removed from everywhere, soon with the help of GOD.

Thank you CUD.
God is great!!

CONGRATULATION KENJET!CONGRATULATION DR.BERHANU!
LIKE YOUR NAME,MAY YOU SHINE THROUGH THE MEDEVAL
TRIBALISTIC DARK AGES, OUR COUNTRY AS WELL, AS OUR CITY
HAS BEEN LED IN TO.
IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY,TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE
OF MEDEVAL,EVIL,MENTALITY.AND THAT,DAILLY!
BY ACCEPTING,YOU HAVE KILLED TWO BIRDS,WIH ONE STONE!
YOU HAVE SLAIN THE SNAKE!
STAND FIRM,TO VOTRS CONFIDENCS
ENTURSTED TO YOU,COME WHAT COME MAY!
THE NEW NAME OF OUR CITY IS:"THE LORD IS THERE!"
GOD BLESS!!1

Email: messayewossen@yahoo.com

City: los angels

Yilma!

Tell AB if he can listen to you.

Amhras still colonizing oromos land.

Historically Shewa province included Addis Abeba is belong to the people of Oromos, but The Amhras king (King Menilike) invaded The people of oromos and mass genocided hundereds of thousands of innocent Oromos, then took Oromos land (Shewa province). Then changed the name from FINFINE to SHEWA(ADDIS ABEBA), then the stolen oromos land was rewarded to the kings tribe (Amhra Tribe), that is how the Amhras still dominating and enjoying Oromos land.
To add an insult to the injury, The present day Amhras (THE AMHRA DOMINATED POLITICAL PARTY/CUD now totally dominating and colonizing Oromos land (Shewa province included Addis Abeba).

Email: Chaka@Hotmail.com

City: WI

GOOD!!!.

Dear Gebreselassie Zemariame:: I thank you for sharing this great news. This is so good. Well, I hope and pray the Great Addis Ababa will remain to be a model city, to reflect the great truth. A truth that says as follows: People are individuals. They don't deserve to be placed in the "ethnic boxes". People are created with free will, to be themselves...to represent nobody but themselves. It is our individual right, not the collective right that enable us to seek the truth, to stand up for all mankind. A person should never and NEVER,,, carries an ID that shows his/her ethnic heritage. Such a low description of a person. A person is better than that!!! I hope and pray to see, people in Addis to carry an ID...that shows no ethnic heritage. That will be a day to celebrate!!! We have to denounce ethnic mentality!!!

May God bless the Great Ethiopia!

AB is Shabia who thinks the humiliation Meles gave to his master will be compensated by running his bad mouth. Who ever win it is the joy for Ethiopians not to KELAWACH Shabaias

Email: Hailu123@aol.com

Today Addis Ababa, tomorrow the rest of the cities and towns, after tomorrow the rural area, next the red seas cost from matsawa to Aseb (800 Kilometer) which is our country door and then good life in our free, peaceful and prosperous Ethiopia.
Addis Ababa is the heart’s and mind’s to all the 75 million Ethiopians. All cities and towns in the country are free from TPLF and will serve as heads and hurts to the population all over the country. Except mekele and other towns in Tigry, TPLF have nothing in hand. We also know very well that our rural populations are totally depend on cities and towns around the area where everyone lives. They send their children to towns and cities for study. They sell and buy anything they want in cities and towns. Cities and towns in our country are the meeting places to the population. So, when we say the cities and towns are free, we are saying the same time all rural areas are also free. Free from TPLF criminal cadres. Free from rule under gunpoint and terror. Free as a human being. Free in own country to work, gather, to think, to speak, to play or even to cry. Free from ethnic division and corruption. Free to come in or to go out. Free as equal as anybody else on earth in the 21 century.

We appreciate the oppositions for their good work. It will be our next good news if the oppositions take similar approach to all cities and towns such as Dire-dawa, Harar, Nazret, Awassa, Jimma, Nekemt, Debre Markos, Desse, Gonder, Bahir Dar and other places where they have won appointing their representatives. I know the 3 biggest EPRDF coalition will withdraw from the TPLF domination soon rather than latter if they are still functioning normal and join the oppositions for the sake of our country. They will not continue being used by TPLF again in conditions they even have not won any major city or town all over the country. They know the rural area hate TPLF deeply and with circumstance like this, they will not be foolish as they were for the last 14 years staying in coalition govt while only TPLF has the right to destroy the country in close door (which is our sea) using ethnic division as the main instrument.
Brave Ethiopian people, TPLF cadres destroying Ethiopia is over. We have to believe this. It is not happened just like that but every good Ethiopian paid sacrifices in many ways. The dogs (TPLF Cadres) still will try everything they could to stay in power knowing they wouldn’t have place neither in the country nor in abroad after committing so many painful crimes. So, we have to continue with our struggle more than ever. We are now chasing them. Don’t give them time to breath, regroup and become able to defend or even attack. The balance of power (the Ethiopian people) is with us. The imported weapon by TPLF to terrorise and kill the Ethiopian people is bought with public money and carried by our brothers and sisters. Even if they shoot once, they will not do the second one to kill their our people. We have to embrace them with open hand and mind and teach them the rights from wrongs as many of them are infected with TPLF false propaganda about their country. Those military experts who are still at service, fired by TPLF cadres, those in retirements and others who have natural military talent have to actively participate in the military field in order the Ethiopian defence force, police, security force and others to save their country from layer and criminal TPLF cadres. Which military, security or police force will continue serving those TPLF criminals who made Ethiopia land locked and dividing the population under Ethnic line to benefit themselves?

Email: Gimma@hotmail.com

Gimma,

Thank you and Well done for the interesting article!! Teach Woyanes and Shabias a good lesson. I hope they will understand the truth.

Well Done!! CUD - AA is freed from woyane once and for all. Freeing Ethiopia will continue.

Good Luck CUD and UEDF -

Keep up the good work.

Dear Gotema,

TPLF killes people and destroys a country and then blames it on the Amarah.

AA has been home to so many people (Ethiopians, Eritrians, Asians and Arabs including internationsl organisations)during Amarah rule. TPLF kicked the Eritrians out of AA and started war with their people in Eritria and then blames the Amarah people.

Like Bob Goldof said to your master Grow-up.

Gotema,
Woyane is written all over your forhead.