Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHO IS THE HATRED MONGERS????

On our planet earth, the title "HATRED MONGERS" is reserved to the criminals of the hatred crime, not to the victims. Not at all!!! It is always helpful to define things, events and actions, in order to avoid further frustrations. Creating frustrations, by mingling words is the only mechanism and/or the only way out, that benefits the criminals, in this case the hatred mongers. It is wise to talk about things that are based on facts and knowledge. Just to go directly to the point, here is what I would like to address: How and when, the ethnic hatred, became a core issue in Ethiopia? Let's see what a Professor of Sociology (USA), had to say about the core issue behind the political divisiveness currently, in Ethiopia. It will be clear soon, why I used the word ethnic and politics together, in trying to define the origin of ethnic hatred. In the mean time, I would like to define the word "sociology". According to "The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition", Sociology is The study of human social behavior, especially the study of the origins, organization, institutions, and development of human society.

For the rest of the discussion, I would just love to leave the whole explanation to the expert, for it is his profession. I have no doubt, that most of you guys know him for years. He is Professor Levin Donald, a great loyal friend of the Great Ethiopia, Professor of Sociology,at the University of chicago.
Here is what he said on the Chicago Public Radio, transmitted just few weeks ago:

Beginning of the quote: "When the EPRDF people came to power about 14 years ago, they carried the banner of their province of tigray (pariticular ethnic group)..which is a minority..instead of being an ethiopian liberation movement.....tigrian liberation movement. One of the thing they did, so as soon as they got into power was to forced Ethiopians to organize themselves as tribes as ethnic groups.....
that is what the second book, the greater ethiopia is all about. Ethiopia happens to have a history of being a nation of a multiethinic nation for longer than just about any country on earth. They tried to identify, the tribes.....that is fine.... but they politicized.it. When the EPRDF people came in ..they said..ethiopia is ..new... it is an emperio-invention of the last century and all there is...here is a bunch of tribes...and so let's identify all these tribes...and .let them have their voices.....well that is fine...but they politicize those voices and insisted on controlling those politics. I was there as an election observer back in 1992, and in order to vote Ethiopians were required to declare their ethnic identity. NOT A GOOD SIGN!!!
Can you imagine, Americans, before they are entilteld to vote being required to say...I am irish, i am spanish, i am indian, i am nigerian....that is what it was like...!!!! And this was deeply offensive to many Ethiopians and to most...who have this long history of intermarriage,,,of going on piligramages together. celebrating ceremonies together and so on......SO IT TOUCHED THE VERY CORE OF PEOPLE'S IDENTITY" End of Quote.

So, my question and/or my point here is: Whose agenda is to promote hatred? Who is the victim and who is the hate criminal,here? Who is in the name of ethnic democracy, promoting hatred and division among the people? Remember, Ethiopians are novel, to the word "hatred" due to the fact, they have never been colonized by Westners. ..THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE ARE THE VICTIMS. STOP CALLING THE VICTIMS, A CRIMINAL. They are forced to organize themselves as tribes and ethnic groups. For the first time in the history of Ethiopia:::::I said first time!!!!THEY ARE FORCED TO CARRY AN IDENTITY CARD, THAT SHOWS THEIR ETHNIC HERITAGE. For the first time in the History of Ethiopia, they are demanded and/or forced to be able to tell specifically, about the ratio, the composition and/or the chemistry of their ethnic heritage,,,,for a reason, no single person with a rational mind, on this earth, in the 21st century,,,,,,can understand! So, Who is the hatred mongers????????????????????Time and Truth,,,to solve this clear and unsophisticated criminal charges. May God bless the Beautiful Ethiopia. May God bless Professor Levine Donald, such a noble man. For his book, the "Greater Ethiopia", will teach the entire world, about the reality in Ethiopia. One more thing::::: STOP CALLING THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE (THE VICTIMS),,,,,AS THE HATRED MONGERS........WHO IS CARRYING THE SAME BANNER (TPLF) THAT REFLECTS ONLY ONE ETHNIC CLASS, EVEN AFTER 14 YEARS IN POWER.......WHO IS THE HATRED MONGER HERE?????WHO IS???......... THE HATRED MONGERS ARE THOSE WHO FORCED OTHERS (THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE), AGAINST THEIR WILL TO ORGANIZE THEMSELVES AS TRIBES, AS ETHNIC GROUPS,,,,,!!! THE HATRED MONGERS ARE THOSE....WHO FORCED THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE (THE VICTIMS)....TO CARRY AN IDENTITY CARDS THAT SHOWS...THEIR ETHNIC HERITAGES.!!!! THE HATRED MONGERS ARE THOSE WHO FORCED THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE (VICTIMS)....TO DECLARE THEIR ETHNIC HERITAGES...BEFORE THEY SUBMITTED THEIR VOTES (CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?????????)!!!!!!!!! FOR THE LAST IME:::: STOP CALLING THE VICTIMS (THE ETHIOIAN PEOPLE)...AS THE HATRED MONGERS!!!! THANK YOU! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! HATRED IS NO GOOD!!

Re: WHO IS THE HATRED MONGERS????

Tribalism and hate in Ethiopia began under The Amhra king Menilike and Fake King Haileselassie.
The Amhras King Menilike declared war on innocent Oromos and mass genocided hundereds of thousands of Oromos, then stolen Oromos land, changed the stolen Oromos land from FINFINE to SHEWA, then the stolen land given to the kings tribe (Amhra Tribe).
Not only that The Amhras dominated governments even in the stealth of politics have mass genocided more than millions of Eritreans from 1962--1991.
Worse, The Amhra dominated government even used F-14 to mass genocide more than 3000 (three thousands) of unarmed Tigrean Ethiopians in civilian market(Hawzen).
The Amhras did not only mass genocided oromos,Tigreans and Eritreans. The amhras also systematically mass genocided other None Amhra ethiopians for the last 200 years of Amhras domination of Ethiopia.

Email: Demeke@Hotmail.com

City: CO

Demeke,
You have no room to talk. If I believe your propagandas about Amharas did this and that, even though Amharas haven’t been in power for the last 30 years. Look what you Woyanes are doing now to Ethiopian people you are 100 times worse than all previous leaders. Never in the history of Ethiopia, other leaders tried to dismantle the country like tiny Meles. He is everything a leader shouldn’t be--like Stalin and Hitler.

Demeke reads history thats good,but failed to relized that Minilik was half Oromo and ate Tewodros loved him like his child, Oromos in 18th century serounded by whites voulchers Minilik went went to rescue them.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Stop this nonsense! Tribal hatred is a mechanism for sustaining Meles in power.

By the way, I agree with people who say that "Amhara Nationalism" is being created thanks to Meles, Isayias and Co. I want to see evidence which proves that Mnilik was ruling on behlaf on the Amhara. There was no such understanding of the Amhara ethnicity except for identifying Christianity with being 'Amara'. The talk was about 'Islam-na Amara ' not 'Amarana Oromo or Amarana Tgre'.

The provincial identity was the leading expression of loyalty than anything else.

Now, if you fall into the trap laid out by Meles, Isayias and their mentors, it will only damage all the citizens of Ethiopia. In addition, it just doesn't tally with the concept of equality. Who says I am better because I am Amhara or worse because I am Tgre? If there is anyone with that type of understanding of their status, I advise them to go see a psychiatrist!

Email: addisumaferia@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

There is always that small minority groups who blame others for their own unsuccessful life looking for an excuse to hate that gets persuaded easily by Meles and Co. Blaming others won’t get you nowhere, it just eats you up and you became a slave for the devil. If you ask yourself what you base your hate on other ethnic group and what an Amhara ever done any thing to you, I doubt you have a reason to hate the whole race of Amhara. Don’t make a fool of yourself. We are all Ethiopians, same blood, and same looks. Give your heart a break tries to be hated free.

meles has no power to make ethiopians hate each other. let us not blame others for what we choose to believe and feel. he is just a man trying to rule a country. i dont know his motivations, but i know if his power is secure by making people hate each other then he will try to do that. my concern is not the little politicians, but us, the people. there is so much unnecessary hate, disaggreement, and discord as to how to love our country that we have erased the love completely. let us not fight over the method on how to love our country and ourselves to the point of actually hating eachother. ignore racism, ethicism, religious fanaticism, and all the things that divide us as a people. The mark of death of a nation is internal division. We need to reverse the decades of self hatred, division, and internal strife not by promoting blame on each other, but by looking to how we can bond with even the worst of us. The people united when italy attacked us before, can you imagine what would happen if even a tiny country attacked us today? are we living to the standards that our great grand parents died under? be honest to yourself, and correct yourself, so you can improve others and thereby improve yourself

Email: gedeclue@yahoo.com

City: los angeles