Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Diasporites should advise CUD & UEDF to suit OFDM's decision.

OFDM to take up 23 seats secured in elections

Addis Ababa, August 14,2005-The Oromo Federalist Democratic Movement (OFDM) said it will take up the 23 seats it won at federal and state levels, and urged Oromo organizations in the country and abroad to jointly work with the Movement.

OFDM Vice Chairman, Dereje Bekele told journalists yesterday that the Movement will not boycott the parliament, as it is desirous to represent the voice of the people who voted for it.

Though OFDM is a recently established Movement, it has been able to win 11 and 12 seats in the House of Peoples’ Representatives and State Councils, respectively, he indicated.

According to the Vice Chairman, OFDM is committed to effectively utilize the seats it won thorough ballots.

Meanwhile, Dereje said OFDM opposes NEBE’s ruling which rejected its complaints on 122 polling stations in 11 constituencies.

Accordingly, he said, OFDM is making preparations to take the case to the pertinent legal body.

(ENA)

Re: Diasporites should advise CUD & UEDF to suit OFDM's decision.

G/Minaminte,
When these OPDO things become unreliable, particularly when they start talking about having Girma Biru, as PM, it is good to have OPDM as an alternative. You may as well offer Mr. Gemechu, a position of a president, that will be perfect. The news will then read as "EPRDF has demonstrated that it shares power by electing non EPRDF paliament meber as a president", knowing full well that his role would be to court presidents and amabassadors. For mr. Never forget to paste that news when it comes dear G/M.

Does this look like the agreement made between EPRDF and OPDM?
With love,

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

correction
read OPDM as OFDM

Jadu!

Are you a member of (YeWashington DC YePoletica Kimitloch)?

I, guess that is why you are distorting things from what is being said or incubating things from your rotten brain. You are the most disgraceful person if you are in this circle of life.

What a shame and shamers washington has been ushering!

OFDM is Woyane!

G/Minaminte,
I asked you about your affiliation to the current regime some time back for which you opted not to respond and which I understood what it implies. I amn't "Kimitl', I don't belonmg to any political party either. I detest killers of all sorts and worse people like you who try to portray the worst tyrants as saint democrats.

Why are you so offended? Did I touch some strings? I am sorry. I have no problem with OFDM. The day they start to talk like you, I will detest them too. I hope they won't.

This is one of Gebremeles’s responses to jadu:

“You are the most disgraceful person if you are in this circle of life.
What a shame and shamers washington has been ushering!”

Gebremeles—you must have been looking in the mirror and talking to yourself. A person who represents a murderer is a disgrace.

GEBREMINANINE,

ARE YOU TRYING TO PERSUADE THE OPPOSITION TO GO TO YOUR PARLIAMENT.

NO THANKS,

Jadu!

Can you explain the reason why you are repeatedly denying you are not belonging to any political party?

G/Minaminte
The word denying means not accpeting what is true. I would have no reason to deny about my party affiliation/mebership. Rest assured and also assure your boss that most of us including me who are venting our frustartions about this regime on internet are not affiliated to any single political party. That doesn't however mean, I don't support or perhaps even become a member of one in the future. Why I tell you this repeatedly? B/s You and your likes seem to be obsessed with the idea that every body here belongs to one or another party. Isn't Meles refering to our views when he talks about "hate politics by the opposition on internet" as his stupid excuse not to let the opposition to have access to the people's media. Had he been talking about the official website of the parties, they would have been dragged to Mr. Kemal's court by now.

For now, I stand for the respect of people's vote, against tyrants who kill innocent people on the streets of Addis and for peaceful/democratic power transfer. Something that country has been denied through out its history so far and Something, which is so close but you are trying hard to take it away for ever.
With love.