Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bereket Simon is terrorizing the people of Wollo

CUD candidate Desta Kasse is boycotting the re-election in Lalibela

August 15, 2005
Ethiopian Review

CUD candidate Ato Desta Kasse told Ethiopian Review today that he will not compete with EPRDF candidate Bereket Simon in the reelection that was called by the Election Board.

Even though Ato Desta won the election, the EPRDF Propaganda Minister Bereket Simon demanded reelection saying his opponent cheated. Without talking to Ato Desta or any of the Bugna woreda residents, the Election Board agreed with Ato Bereket and called a reelection for August 21. The Election Board chairman Ato Kemal Bedri fired all election officials in the Bugna woreda and brought new officials from other regions who are EPRDF cadres.

Currently, under Ato Bereket's order, EPRDF cadres, supported by Federal police, are rounding up young people through out the Lalibela area and detaining them to preempt any protest ahead of the re-election. People who are suspected of supporting CUD are also being fired from their jobs.

Ato Bereket and his heavily armed cadres are terrorizing the people of Wollo at this very moment. They are crying out for help.

Ato Desta said that under these circumstances, participating in the reelection will be useless.

Ethiopian Review will conduct a teleconference with Ato Desta tonight (Aug. 15) at 11 PM EST to let Ethiopians around the world hear about the plight of the people in Wollo.

To attend the teleconference, please call 217 322 6922, PIN 1000#. Call 15 minutes early. If you have questions for Ato Desta, please email them to: eliask@juno.com

Re: Bereket Simon is terrorizing the people of Wollo

The drama should end and Ato Desta's decision is right. who should run with a criminal gange leader????

Email: mamushababa@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Ato Desta is the legitimate elect of the Ethiopian people,but the brutal tyrant Bereket is trying to steal the choice of the People by force. This is not only unlawful but negligence towards the Ethiopian people
. Bereket & NEBE are enemies of Ethiopia!! Both should be condemned & dealt with World wide.

Email: h,y.paulos@wp.pl

City: Wloclawek

I respect your opinion. But, I see nothing new because the CUD leader Hailu shawol has already officially informed us last Thursday that they are boycotting the whole re-election process. So, the decision of Ato Desta seems to confirm that official withdrawal.

You may hate Bereket or some other woyane leaders but I see no basic issue for a serious discussion on this topic.

Email: alimodi_akrimodi@yahoo.com

If the EU wants to be honest to the Ethiopian people, Mister Clark has to sent 15 observers during 3 weeks to Lalibela for a pro-active observation of the elections and the counting of the results and also by interviewing the whole countryside of the concerning Woreda.The CUD candidate can represent himself in that case.
It is the only way to show to the Ethiopian people that they can trust EU and that the EU is really committed to serve democracy.
As the ruling party is for a revolutionary democracy since 14 years, I'm sure they will welcome the 15 observers in Lalibela.
Can somebody inform Mr.Clarke about this idea ?

I am indeed appalled by the actions and decisions undertaken by the current leadership of the authoritarian EPRDF and the so-called “election board”. What is most preposterous, in the first place is that the Minster of propaganda, Mr. Bereket Simon who lost the election by wide-ranging margin is shamelessly request the board for revote which clearly shows the outright rejection of his unexpected defeat in Lalibela. By accepting the order of Bereket Simon and imposing forcefully the only desire of EPRDF on the entire community of Lalibela and Ethiopia at large, the EPRDF election board has clearly shown us once again its naked and ugly face. Ato Desta Kasse is completely right for denying Mr. Berkeket Simon the means to compete with the CUD. Let Bereket Simon run alone and win alone the this has been the case during the last two election.
Finally, Ato Desta Kasse deerves our encouragement and support. Thank for your courage and please take care!

Tilahun Maru

Email: infof@pada.nl

City: Leiden, The Netherlands

CUD does not need more seats. It has failed to use the seats that it has secured already -what is it going to do with one more seat any ways? CUD has unnecessarily weakened the morale of Ethiopian people. Had CUD accepted the election result right from the beginning, Simon Berket would have been looking for a job by now- long forgotten in political arena. Thanks to the lingering good for nothing cries of CUD, all the detested politicians of EPRDF who lost their seats on the past election have gained 2-month extra time to prove to Meles they are worth to remain in his circle. Even now, as the days pass with the CUD and UDEF cry, EPRDF is rebuilding itself with the kind of people who lost their seats.

I agree with Desta Kassa. EPRDF and NEBE are the two sides of a single coin. History and may be all of us might witness when the right day comes. Bereket and his cooperates, Ato kemal bedri and his cooperates wil testify infront of all of us what they did to disintegrate and distabilize our country.

wether they like it or not Ethiopia will survive and we don't let them go unpunished for their did

City: Netherlands

The Iraqi information minister during the last war and Bereket have so many common charachterstics. one of them is they misinform their own people and what ever they say is not going to make any sense to any one with reasonable sense!

What do you think?
SA

Email: Semachewa@yahoo.co.uk

No surprise. It ones again approved that the whole works of the election board has been fraud. It has been just wasting money and time. Ato Desta’s decision is absolutely correct.

What in the hell is the minsrty of propaganda becoming a candidate in the region of wollo? Why does not he go to Asmara and become a candidate?

Bereket Simon should go back to where he belongs to, 'ERITREA'. He has never been an Ethiopian and never will be. He cannot be a representative particulary for Wollo region. On what basis? He is taking a revenge on Ethiopians who refused to provide 'teff' and 'berbere'to Esays Afeworki. he should go back to his employer ESAYAS & Co. He is currently serviing another Eritrean, Meles, who happen to become a PM by force.

People with integrity can only lead Ethiopia and Ethiopians not 'bush men' who have no knowledge of leadership except their gun at their hand.

Email: ag@yahoo.com

City: LONDON

What is the role of Bereket Simon in the EPRDF? Is he an information minister, spekesperson, Defense minister, member of ELF (Eritrea)? What is he representing. Is he everything for Meles?

Down with both Meles and Bereket. They are both narrow minded bullys who have no interest on Ethiopia or Ethiopians except themselves.

Email: kelly2348@yahoo.com

City: Manchester, UK

The common denominator of these two communists, Meles and Bereket, is they both are Eritreans by heritage but one running a Tigrean organization and the other one running an Amhara org. I think EPRDF should remove these two agents and have a talk with the opposition. Ethiopia will be a great democracy without the two Shabia agents. Both believe in Shabia progam without Essayas leadership. If essayas is removed from Eritrea, the two agents and their friends inside shabia will rule both Ethiopia and Eritrea.

Email: asiye@yahoo.com

City: TN

Message to Tigrian people:

Shabia used the lives of young Ethiopians (tigreans) to separate Ertrea from Ethiopia. Shabia also puts Meles and Bereket (both Ertreans) as rulers of Ethiopia to accomplish his final goal-destroying Ethiopia from world map.

What are you waiting the people of Tigrai? To be vitictim of Shabia million times in history.

Wake up People of Tigrai!! Stand with other Ethiopian brothers ans sisters. Say no way Bereket can be a candidate in Lalibela, say no way the blak Zazi can be a candidate in Adwa!!

WAKE UP TIGRAI! DON'T BE VICTIM OF SHABIA ONE MORE TIME.

Good decision

Contesting an election one has already won is coopratng with the cheater. Teh people should also refuse to vote. There is a protest vote where people just destroy their voting card by not electing anyone on the ballot. Mark all or none of the names preferreably the first one, and not showing up to voting station can be an approach to be considred.

The forum is being spoiled with racit commentators. Why don't you focus on issues and facts.I always stand against character assasination and racial hatred.

Those of you focusing on racial issues are confirming the allegation by the woyane leadership. You are not commited to universal human values.

Your support or opposition should be based on basic democratic and human right issues. Don't condemn anyone because of his blood akin. This will lead us to a total crises because ethinic division has no limit at all. It only shows are losing the real fight for democracy.

Ali,

Bereket Simon is in Ethiopia for one thing only, MONEY. It is obvious these people are not in Ethiopia for the love of their country or the people. They have proven the facts of their hate in so many ways. The peace loving, polite people of Wollo deserve their own countryman to represent them not this foreigner Simon.

What kind of Ethiopian name is Simon? Italian, Maybe?

Does Mr. Ali know the history of Ethiopia? Ethiopia is the only country in the world that has never been colonised by any other country. Ethiopians in the old ages had proved this. Ethiopians of this generation also say no to colonialism. Therefore, Eritrean agents should leave the country ASAP.

History repeats itself. Mr Ali, you seem to be very much concerned about Meles and Bereket and the fact that they are called enemies to our beloved country. I don't blame you, because you are one of them.

Why are you calling people racists? Don't you know that the most racist people in the world are Meles and Bereket. Who brought tribal hate and racism to Ethiopia? Why are you upset when they are called names? Do you think it doesn't matter when they introduce a policy of hate in the country?

GROW UP. Mr Ali, no one will be cheated anymore. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Leave ETHIOPIA for ETHIOPIANS!!

Email: ab1234@yahoo.co.uk

The struggle for Ethiopian Democracy is taking shape day by day, front by front, and issue by issue. Lalibela/Wollo will not be fighting alone. The resistance will appear on all four corners of Ethiopia. Sure enough, the people of Tigray must clearly grasp the danger posed by Bereket-Meles gang to their basic interest and open up a front in Tigray province. The rest of us have no choice but stand up and fight. US & UK will not give us our freedom. We, the 75 million people of Ethiopia will stand like a single person drive Woyane of power. Read about all those glorious civic organization coming to the front of the Resistance. We shall soon see, the Ethiopian Poor, the jobless, the historic Student Movement, the mighty Merkato, the unbending Balager of North and South keeping the Woyane gand busy. Unity, Unity, Unity. At some point in its history, a people must choose to die standing rather than live on its knees. Yichalal!!

Mr. Ali,

I totally understand your point, but I wish the facts prove me wrong. Whenever, Meles Bereket and their like, lose the debate on issues, they tell none amhara Ethiopians these are neftegna parties or individuals, you have to stop their surge in to your communities. They are committed to bring the old system, if it happens your land; culture, language, and liberty are gone. And when they face non-amhara opposition candidates they call them beneficiaries of the neftegnas. Whenever their campaign goes to Amhara region (off course they never use the word neftegna ) they tell the opposition is feudalistic and will bring the tenant system. Even though the true meaning of neftegna is something EPRDF/TPLF use the word to refer the Amhara people. This is just one example and you tell me who is ethno centrist or racist. And they have the audacity to tell us they have won the election in the Amhara state while they are doing a national hate campaign against the same people. It is really an insult to the Amhara farmer and the population in general. It is also funny an ethnic Eritrean who supported shabia for many years will be voted in by the Amharas to represent them in the Ethiopian parliament.

What a hell is going on? Bereket simon in Lalibela? Was he born or babtized in that holley place? He is an evil messagner from Satan and he should be driven out of that "kidus" Place. O lord, O the Angeles, as his the murder of innocent Ethiopians, please do your part. Amen

I totally understand your point, but I wish the facts prove me wrong. Whenever, Meles, Bereket and their likes, lose the debate on issues, they tell none amhara Ethiopians these are neftegna parties or individuals, you have to stop their surge in to your communities. They are committed to bring the old system, if they win, your land; culture, language, and liberty are gone. And when encountered non-amhara opposition candidates they call them beneficiaries of the neftegnas. Whenever their campaign goes to Amhara region (off course they never use the word neftegna ) they tell the opposition is feudalistic and will bring the tenant system back. Even though the true meaning of neftegna is something else.. EPRDF/TPLF use the word to refer to the Amhara people. This is just one example their racist outlook. Now you can tell me who is ethno-centrist or racist. “ ye leba ayne derq meleso leb yaderq..” and then they have the audacity to tell us they have won the election in the Amhara state by doing a national hate campaign against the same people. It is really an insult to the Amhara farmers and the Amhara population in general. It is also funny an ethnic Eritrean and Ethiopia national who supported Shabia for many years will be voted inn by the Amharas to represent them in the Ethiopian parliament.

HE is A MAN!!

HE is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, we should reject any
re-election unless THE whole 299, what the opposition requested is respected, it's just a game.

NO CUD/UEDF official should paticipate for this EVIL games, again.

Very interesting!

Let me get this straight!
What is the reason for the re-election in Wollo?
Is it because CUD/UEDF rigged the votes, intimidated voters/observers or falsified data?!?!?!?
Give me a break!

I don't know about you, but I sometimes find it easy to express myself in math, political math:

Suffering Ethiopia - (meles + bereket + their buchilas)
= (Peaceful + Prosperous + Democratic)*Ethiopia

Ajirea

Bereket is an Eritrea(mother and father) and a foreign agent like his friends , the Woyane gangs. The opposition is out of the fake election. Therefore, all we need to do is fight the gangs up to the end. Neither Woyne nor foreign governments has a right to endorse barbaric regimes on peace loving people of Ethiopian.

Aluta Continua!!!

CUD UEDF should follow Mr. Desta's decision.

His decision makes sense for me. Why you have to be in the race while you already WON and you know the reelection is aimed at legalizing your competitor.

Mr.Desta, you must be smart. You are ahead of your party.

Nestanet

What's Aluta Continua? Is that oromigna? I've hear Prof. Merera using it all the time.

Even if I don't care about ethnic politics, I am really doughbtful about the origin of Bereket. I am not surprised, if he imposed the people and took the vote forcefully. B/c it is typical weyanes' behavior. God bless Ethiopia

Email: semeb@yahoo.com

City: Addis ababa

It is the right decision because the outcome is well known. It is waisting time with Weyane.

Email: kuratekere@yahoo.com

City: Ambo

First of all what is doing an Eritrean Agent (Bereket Simon- His Berha name) in the respected surround where one of the world's 7 wonders locating (Lalibella). According to TPLF election criteria, a candidate has to be born or live for years paying tax before accepted as legitimate candidate there. In this case I don't see an Eritrean Agent (Propaganda Bereket) to have the right of candidacy in Lalibella. I know the people of Wollo especially around lalibella. They will never kneel down for a criminal who is one of the main responsible cadres about what is going on in our country before, during and after the 15 may election. He is a criminal looking power to destroy our country. The election in lalibella with oppositions win was over long a go. After the election, meles left alone as all of his TPLF ministers and high post criminals voted out by the Ethiopian people. He is looking very much to have his Eritrean man to help him in a campaign against Ethiopia.
The Ethiopian people must understand this. The so called re- election is the conspiracy between TPLF and NEB against the truth- the Ethiopian people. It is to bring the voted out meles’s loyalists to power. As long as the Re-election is not held to all 299 constituencies, the oppositions and the Ethiopian people must not participate in any election purposely calculated to bring TPLF cadres and some slave members of EPRDF to power. If the oppositions going to participate in an election calculated by TPLF and NEB, it is going to be the worst mistake they ever have made against the Ethiopian people. By entering the vote rigging investigation process, they showed their democratic stand on one side and the criminal and mother and sisterhoods nature of the TPLF and NEB. Now, they have to stand to the right of the Ethiopian people that elected them with high turnout.
We know how the west politic works. One day they will understand the Ethiopian people and the Oppositions. They will see their long-term benefit with the oppositions rather than a tyranny who is looking his hiding place somewhere out of the country after destroying Ethiopia. Don't accept the west when pushing you down to accept a tyranny thinking he is serving them well. They have to know; only the Ethiopian people will benefit them. They have to stop looking down the Ethiopian people less than the so called aid they are giving as their leftovers and garbage. They have to understand that their early born infant (meles) will never rule the 72 million Ethiopian people with crime to serve them. Criminals like Meles and Bereket who have hate against their people and country are perfectly matching what the west is looking from any country. They are succeeding only in few countries where the people are weak. We are not weak. We are one of the very few oldest people on the planet. Read our history written by our people thousands years a go. Look our history remains. We are not follower but leaders. People like Bereket and meles are our enemies. They must not rule Ethiopia again. We all have to be ready as far as to die for good cause to the country and people. Freedom and prosperity will never come by being weak and careless. We have to be strong at least one-step a head from our enemies. Before they caused damage to us, we have to destroy them. If they have gun, we have to gun before them. Don’t kneel down. One small mistake could become the worst turning point toward the nation. No re- election at selected constituencies purposely calculated by joining criminal act (TPLF and NEB). TPLF and their slave EPRDF servants may fight not to lose what they have stolen from the Ethiopian people for the last 14 years. But the people have nothing to lose. They have to stand for their right. We don’t have the reason to afraid. To live under TPLF cadres and their EPRDF slaves is the worst punishment the Ethiopian people ever facing. We have to stand together with high determination against our enemies.
NO RE-ELECTION WITH IN THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES.
FEW TPLF CADRES AND THEIR EPRDF SLAVES WILL NEVER STAND AGAINST THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE
THE PEOPLE STRUGGLE HAS TO START IN STREETS NOW.

Email: Gimma@hotmail.com

Ali,

You are disgracing all Muslims by caring the name Ali that was given to the very special human being. His mother was a heroic Ethiopian woman was fighting along side men and her gender was reviled after they caught her. Her son(Ali) became also a fighter and he defeated his enemies until human blood covered his horse legs.
I'm not reading what you are writing anymore after I knew you are a confused person who have no clear knowledge about anything except something here, something there as some fictional stories. I think, you think you are very important person and you know many things to share. I also know people who are suffering with this kinds of diseases.
Do you know who was the first human being who became a Muslim? His name is Bilal from Ethiopian Origin. If you are an Ethiopia you have to be proud of your country history. Because of you have the name Ali, I mentioned a little history about our country and Islam. Our history is much older and wider than the Islam itself. So, stop acting like someone who have no clear and clean knowledge and have no stable character.
Have you a clear stand towards the political situation in Ethiopia? I don’t think so. I know individuals with quantity and with quality, too. You know where you belongs to.

People, People, People;

How else do you expect Bereket and the TPLF to regain what they lost fair and square, but through intimidation, attacking and murdering the local electorates. The ruling party members are nothing but bunch of marauding criminals that use their killing machines to get whatever they want.

So, what is the big revelation about what Bereket is doing in Lallibela in spite of the fact that he is not even Ethiopian. He could hardly speak amharic or oromo 14 years ago.

Remember history, the fascist general Grazziani was the occupation governor during the five years occupation, similarly, Melese, Bereket, and the rest of the pillaging murderers fascists who are occupying Ethiopia for the time being.

To Efrem

Aluta ******** means the struggle will continue. Remember, the late president of Mozambique, Quikim Chisano, used the phrase more frequently. There is an excellent song by Maria Makeba using the phrase. God bless Ethiopia.

Aluta Countinua

Gimma,
Why do you question my identity. I am an Ethiopian and I am proud of my citzinship.You missed my point on the issue of Ethiopian history. I was telling AB that I don't need a coach about Ethiopian history.

Then, what makes me a disgrace to my fellow community?I see no wrong in strongly opposing racist and hate mongor individuals. My religious believe obliges me to condemn such racist individuals.

On my political stand, you can easliy understand from my posting that I stand for both individual and group rights. Hence, I approve the existing consitution. But, I condemn any violation of human rights committed either by government or any other group.

In short, I believe in political pluralism that can unify my country with a full respect of the diversity. Be assured, I don't accept the old slogan of one people, one language, one religion, one country ideology.

Wish you nice time.

Ali

Dear Ethiopian:
If Bereket is not an Ethiopian , then the truth is Haile Shawal and Lidetu are arab who emigrated from Yemen. That is the fact that history book teach us.
However, the case is not about genetic and it did not help South African Afrikaners and British who used to say that the sun will never set from their empire since they are the chosen people of the world.
The true question that is begging million dollars is to give an answer how the maraton ot the power seat so as to access to the resource and on that questions, we, the majority of Ethiopian people are saying that the propaganda of CUD is beginning to feel like a bit player in the movie Ground Hog Day, reliving the same day of my life over and over again.
Keep changing your tactic and fabricating all kind of lies, you will never rule Ethiopia unless you come out clearly and deal with Ethiopian on equal footing.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Ibrahim,
You are incoherent, to say the least.
You certainly don't know what you are talking about.
I urge you to go back and read your own posting.
You don't contribute to this forum except confusion.

No wonder Ethiopia is where it is because of people like yourself.

Wake up and smell the coffee...

Ajirea

Goebbels is at work again after beingarnated by his Hitlerite Boss Meles.No wonder an Eritrean is the head of propoganda in country besieged by terrorist and megalomaniac leadership.As Goebbels so rightly said if one tells lies all the time it turns out to be true for some sometimes. Ato Desta is an honorable compatriot and should be congratulated. He has won and no matter how many times Kemal and Bereket tell us otherwise, we would not be hoodwinked. Keep it up, Ato Desta

Email: yehugirma @ yahoo.com

Gimma,

Thank you for teaching an excellent history of Ethiopia for Ali who seems to be confused and do not want to know about the history. He certainly doesn't want to know about 'one Ethiopia ...'. There he is, he is one of them. He wants to pretend to be an Ethiopian and does not want the unity of Ethiopia or Ethiopians. Those who have no interest of one Ethiopia are, obviously, Meles, Bereket and Esayas Afewerki and their Co. Ali, I think this forum is not a place for you. Go to 'Walta information Centre' or anywhere to your employers. Seek advise if you cannot swallow the truth. Or drink a lot of water to help you swallow the truth about Ethiopia and Ethiopians. Ethiopians are not devided and will not be devided. You cannot win anymore. Just learn from your mistakes or defeat of the 15th May election. We cannot be led at gun point anymore. This is 21st century.

Dear Ethiopian forum members,

I think Ibrahim and Ali should join 'Agaazi force' woyane's troops. That's where they come from.

Email: ay89891@yahoo.co.uk

They are already a member of Aggazi army, including G/S.

The problem with EPRDF now is no more gaining more votes. According to Kemal Bedri It has already gained the majority seats. Bereket can still serve as a propaganda minster in the new government. Ofcourse he doesn't have to be a MP to secure his position. DO you guys remeber what Meles once said of his parliament members ..."Kira kimbo". I think he was right, except a few them most of were like that. They were not chosen by the people and were not qualified to be MPs. They knew only rasing hands to endorse EPRDF's agenda after sleeping on their chair during the discussion. The same is true now. All their experienced cadre's who contested for the election have lost to the opposition. Now another kira kimbo is coming, but this time EPRDF is scared of its future humilation to challenge the opposition in the parliament if the opposition is going to join them.....HOPEFULLY THIS WILL NOW HAPPEN. I don't think the opposition will decide to sleep with woyane's parliament members for the coming five years

Correction

Please read it as......HOPEFULLY THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. I regret for typing NOW instead of NOT.

Asegid

The contrast between the ideal and the reality has led many to conclude CUD's strategy to boycott is the right direction. I think the idea of boycotting as a political strategy is just a magnificent failure. But should we judge CUD's capacity is ill prepared to stay in the political process in a nonviolence platform? For those who advocate boycotting as a strategy may deficit the test of short-term success?

I don't think that boycotting is the best solution. Because it gives EPRDF the opportunity to monopolise this seat without any contestant. "Makuref meftihe aydelem". If CUD boycott, it must do it all over the country but partial boycotting doesn't bring any change at all except letting EPRDF exploit this opportunity.

Therefore, Bereket's propaganda must not disturb the residents of Bugna to re-elect Ato Desta. EPRDF is playing a psychological war/terror to force Ato Desta boycott the re-election.

We have to be chameleon as EPRDF's cadres instead of "Makuref".

Email: wegenetenesa@yahoo.com

What bad did bereket do to Ethiopia? he is hero ,he freed you from dergue,he led you 14 years peacefully, and he now brought you democracy so why you hate him??did he kill his oppenet ato Desta? no he appeals there is some wrong and NEBE says" ok,if you have confidence try again" so what is wrong? if poeple of bugna likes Ato Desta ,good, they will revote him.
in my view, Ato Bereket deserves to be prime minister ,let him help Ato Meles on his turn.
you say Ertirean are Ethiopian on other hand you say other thing ugly things.
willy or nilly, he is one of the most hero Ethiopians and he is the top hero among EPRDF members because he is confidently facing the opposition as well as facing your idiot and empity hate words.
i encourage ato Bereket to be good for both ethiopian and ertirean and the rest of the people though i am not an Ertirean.

I think the CUD leader Hailu Shawel said that his party will boycott the parliament and most of the Diaspora are pushing for the boycott so what is the big dal if Desta Kase boycott the election or not.

Email: Hailu123@aol.com

You, the "truth" don't deserve the name truth.

your embarking, propogand minster SHOULD have gone TO HIS OWN JUNGLE WHERE HE BELONGS TOO. HE KNOWS NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING EXCEPT EMBARKING... HE IS JUST A BIG OBSTACLE, FOR MEDIA AND FOR ETHIOPIA, ALL THE WAY.

TPLF DIDN'T FREE ETHIOPIA FROM MENGISTU, AT ALL.

ETHIOPIANS FREE THEMSELVES. UNFORTUNATELY POWER WAS VACUUM, THIS UNFORTUNATE reality brought this FROM JUNGLE and TOOK POWER, THEY STILL BEHAVE LIKE IN JUNGLE, NEVER GET CIVILIZED.

THAT IS THE WHOLE TRUTH, you should swallow the truth.

Dear truth_bites:
It is very sad to see when the only doctor of truth got crazy in the village; the whole village could not find a curer for their doctor. Therefore, look into the mirror and helpyou self to be cure which remind me Le chein enrage that bites his leg.
No wonder you figure out long time that you are in sane.

Ibrahim Shirdons—Domad -Trust (Greater Somali Land)

Ibrahim, please get you fact straight, evens your Ogaden region, oops I mean in Somali region people are voting against TFLF and this foreign invaders Ato EPLF Berket. Unless you have short memories history thought us that, some people like have sided with foreign invader in battle of Wallwal in 1936 together with the Italian/Fascist invaders and recently in 1950 and 1974 with President Zeyade Bare of Somalia to form the greater Somali land, carving land from Ethiopia, Kenya and Djibouti, who is the Arab here? Stop misleading people. I doubt that you understand what it means to be and Ethiopian.

I have been following your comment for quite sometime, so far I have not read any sensible comments or common sense. Everyone on this form except you is talking about the love for the motherland Ethiopia. However, you seem to slice and dice Ethiopian for the same strategies of propaganda Minister, even Bereket takes Ethiopian citizenship his polices is anti-Ethiopian that automatically revokes his power to govern.

I hope you understand the difference between free media and the Ministry of Propaganda. So if Ato Hailu Shawel and Ato Leditu are from Yemen, that does make you in linguistic term Cushtic (Somali) or Ottoman Turk (Aderee). I perfectly understand why it scared of being Ethiopian.

We Ethiopian both are a mosaic of Cu****ic/Semitic/Hametic. Unlike you Banda’s!!

City: From Dire Dawa

The strategy of the Group of gangsters which aims at saboutaging the electorates where the top officials of EPRDF are competing are caught red handed. They will not get such votes of our people and will be back to ERPDF august 21. Bereket Simon who is the real son of Ethiopia at times of Ethiopian revolution in the 70's and 80's and devoted his whole life for his motherland will win the re-election. There will not be any room for chauvinsts and narrow nationalists to reign Ethiopia. "Yegebeya girgir le'leba yamechal" endemibal be'girigir yetgegne yizew biqoyu yishalachewal. ye'tenequbet akababi huletegna silemayagegnut begizie ejachewn mesTetu tiru new.
Bereket fights the dergue with the people of wollo and they were electing him and they will ellect him again. No need to terrorize except to respect their choice!!!

Email: Askalech@yahoo.com

City: AA

Ibrahim Shirdons—Domad -Trust (Greater Somali Land)

Ibrahim, please get you fact straight, evens your Ogaden region, oops I mean in Somali region people are voting against TFLF and this foreign invaders Ato EPLF Berket. Unless you have short memories history teach us, some Bandas have sided with foreign invader in battle of Wallwal in 1936 together with the Italian/Fascist invaders and recently in 1950 and 1974 with President Zeyade Bare of Somalia to form the greater Somali land, carving land from Ethiopia, Kenya and Djibouti, who is the Arab here? Stop misleading people. I doubt that you understand what it means to be and Ethiopian.

I have been following your comment for quite sometime, so far I have not read any sensible comments or common sense. Everyone on this form except you is talking about the love for the motherland Ethiopia. However, you seem to slice and dice Ethiopia for the same strategies and propaganda of the Minister Bereket, even him if takes Ethiopian citizenship his polices makes him anti-Ethiopian that automatically revokes his power to govern.

I hope you understand the difference between free media and the Ministry of Propaganda. So if Ato Hailu Shawel and Ato Leditu are from Yemen, that does make you in linguistic term Cushtic (Somali) or Ottoman Turk (Aderee). I perfectly understand why you are scared to be an Ethiopian.

Unlike you I am an Ethiopian both with all this background Cushtic/Semitic/Hametic. Unlike you Banda’s!!

Dear Ezana:
You and I have never agreed on any issues when I joined this forum; however, you seems learning a lot from Somali Ethiopian particularly when you corrected your statement that your forefather has coined Ogaden so as to divide Ethiopian and steal the weath of the country. No bad for a man who sip tela and brainwashed with settler history.
The question is not whether Mr. Simon is an Ethiopian or not. Sabbhete and Simon disagreed with Meles not to sit at one table with settlers. That is why, you do not like and it has nothing to do with his genetic.
Brother you can run and play exericse and heap mountain of lies, but you will never rule Ethiopia.
That is the fact that is written in the Ethiopian consitution unless you renounce violence and accept that Ethiopia is mosaic land of Somalis,Gambelas , Afar and Oromos who were incorporated in the last hundred year.

HI - A MESSAGE FOR THE PEOPLE OF BUGNA-LALIBELLA.

GO OUT VOTE AGAINST BEREKET [THE SKID MARK OF ETHIOPIAN SOCIETY]DISGRACE HIM AGIAN.LOSING ONCE IS A FAIR GAME ,TWICE IS A SHAME.LET THE VOTERS HAVE [ANOTHER CHANCE]TO SHOW HIM HE IS NO LONGER IN FAVOR.
VICTORY 4 ETHIOPIANS

Email: WONFFIT@YAHOO.COM

City: KUCHIRRASEFER

I don't see wasting our valuable time dicussing on very minor issue. The re-election in 21 polling stations of the Bugna Constituency doesn't bring any change on the election results or for that matter on the position of Mr. Bereket.

If you are intersted in character assasination or hate politics, you can have that campaign any time as the case has been for years.Believe or not Bereket seems to stay on his cabinet position.

The most important issue is, I think, whether or not CUD should boycott the parliant at all.Let's dicuss on such crucial issue. Stop your blackmail propaganda. It won't help any one.

Please grow up and show political maturity.

Ali

„Ali”
I have one question to you.
The Ethiopian people are convinced by now that Berket is nothing but an implant of Sheabia whose mission is to destroy Ethiopia for the prosperity of Eritrea, they think and have shown on the election that an enemy can’t stay in the government at all! How can you unprove that? If you cant do that, I am afraid that you will be considered as one of the mercenaries of Web-sits who defend tyrants. Every one of us has his (her) own conscious-let us follow that. The truth will sooner or latter come out. Things we do against our conscious are untrue.

Ali,

Do you think Meles and Bereket will be a martyr by killing or terrorising innocent Ethiopian people ?

I dont blame you all, Ibrahim, Ali and and so called truth, because 'wusha bebelabet yichohal'

Email: kelly2348@yahoo.com

all of you **********ers are loosers , there aint nothing you can do about all of this than send e-mails . ethiopianreview is ****ed up in the head . i love EPRDF , DOWN WITH THE CUD !!!!!!!!!!! NO AMHARA IS GOING TO RULE ETHIOPIA LIKE YOU ARE DREAMING ! YOUA RE JUST ONE OF ETHIOPIA'S PEOPLE AND NATIONALS

Email: bereket@bugna.com

City: bugna

Belaw,

Why did you put my name under quote?

I don't want to dicuss personal issues. But, if you insist I have different view on the issue.

First, I value or jude people not by blood but by their social, economic and political stand. So, I hate racist people like you.

Second, my information of Bereket is that in the early 70's he was member of EPRP and no one doubted his commitment his country. Since then, he is trying to serve his nation. What is more,if are accussing him due to the orgin of his parents(I am not sure) the Ethiopian law of the Emperor Haileselassie gives every person of Erthrea orgin Ethiopian citizenship. No one can revoke that right. So, bereket becomes Ethiopian even by birth.

Thirdly, I am sure shabia hates Bereket more than you do and no one can take your argument.Why don't you refer articles on shabia media?

Fourth, it is possible to take any citizenship, as many of you in diaspora do. In that case will it be fair to dicriminate American citzens because of their Ethiopian, Chinese, or any orgin?

Finally, I repeat we shouldn't waste or time dicussing personal backgrounds.You can hate Bereket.But, it should be due to his policies and political positions not due to his blood for which he has no control at all.

Be wise and dicuss issues rather than ethnic backgrounds of others.If you do so it should only to recognize their identity and cherish unity in diversity.

Ali,

Woyane,
Your little mind only knows HATE like your little master Meles and Berekt simon. You’re laughable. You’re all scared to death of the majority of Ethiopians; that is why you are trying to divide and cut Ethiopia in pieces and rule so you won’t be the only minority. Ethiopian people are smarter more than you give them credit for. They believe only in one Ethiopia. Congratulations! You have convinced a couple of hate mongers like Ibrahim and as such. Believe me they are the minority. You are a worthless devil possessed hateful son of Satan. You heroes are people like Stalin and Hitler. What a lousy legacy you have left for history books. Nothing is forever! You will regret it!!

Ali,
I thought that was your screen name,
I diden’t meant to be racist like you labeled me to be. I’ve only discused the feeling of the Ethiopian people. Bereket as well as other ministers and EPRDF members had definitly lost on the ballots! This was even admitted by the government erlier. Then how come they’r re-appearing back in their posts? What about Ethiopian peoples voices ? I don’t care about Berekets back ground , I even liked your expretion “….unity in diversity ”, here Ethiopian people will agree with you. You also mentioned about - “ the Ethiopian law of the Emperor H/Selassie gives every person of Eritrean origin Ethiopian citizen ship” , so far so good but why the mentioned rul worked for Eritreans and was deprived to Ethiopians in Meleses & Berekets government ? ( befor the unfortunate and sensless war of the 1998 ) - these is one example out of many facts why I opsed the mentioned Minister. Ethiopian people have got enough of deseptions, murders, robbery & destruction.
I hope you understand my possition.

Ali, you wrote:
"...Second, my information of Bereket is that in the early 70's he was member of EPRP and no one doubted his commitment his country. Since then, he is trying to serve his nation. What is more,if are accussing him due to the orgin of his parents(I am not sure) the Ethiopian law of the Emperor Haileselassie gives every person of Erthrea orgin Ethiopian citizenship. No one can revoke that right. So, bereket becomes Ethiopian even by birth. "

To help clarify your confused thinking:

Two things:
1. You are flaunting Bereket as EPRP? EPRP was a Shabia organization - pushing for Eritrea to secede and resulted in the loss of a whole generation youths. The biggest scandal ever committed against the Ethiopian people!

2. If Bereket is Eritrean by origin he has no business ruling Ethiopia.

End of discussion.

Ajirea.

According to US belief, little meles is serving them with the Fight against Islamic terrorism. But almost every one in this site with Islam name is appeared to be a strong supporter to TPLF, Meles. I don't get it. There are different Muslim organizations in Ethiopia preaching terrorism as their objection to spread Islam all over Ethiopia. On one side America is looking meles to use him to destroy Islamic Terrorism in Ethiopia. On the other side almost all Muslims are supporting meles. Here I miss the logic. Is there someone who can show me the missing point that the west don't know the reality about meles and his anti Islamic terrorism talk?

Email: Kembata@hotmail.com

Lalibella..., One of the 7 wonders. How an Eritrean agent(Birrktet) back from mountain and desert with gun in hands and hate in head became able to reach there and looking to rule the brave people? Is he a misinary to Arabs(Muslims) to destroy the oldest Christian and misteroius site in Africa? This TPLF/EPLF cadres would do anything if there is money or positions envolved. we have to call all christians to protect the site and people from this Eritrean criminal. Thre people of lalibella bust unite against this Eritrean cadre who is a criminal. We are with you. Every Ethiopian is involving with your case as an Ethiopian case. we are telling the truth to the international community. But you have to stay strong. You have to stay unite. Don't divide to benefit this Ethiopian enemy.

The people of Lalibella voted for Mr.Desta Kasse to show discontent for Bereket. They obviously knew that they did not want Bereket. But Bereket and his cronies do not want to accept the people’s choice and have decided to cling to power by harassing, intimidating and cheating. Meles is setting the tone for this kind of action. How long does Meles want to remain as the prime minister? What is his term limit? Don’t forget he was the president before he made himself the prime minister and transferred power to himself. Who elected him? Who elected his cabinets in the past? This is evidence that they are all in power by force and not by the people’s choice. Until there is new blood in the government, Meles, Bereket and Co. know no human rights, peoples choice or democracy. The dictator Meles, Bereket and Isayas were working in “meda” together to destroy Ethiopia until they became enemies of Isayas because of their personal greed. The people of Lalibela have elected Mr Desta and they should not participate in the re-election process. Bereket has lost the election and should accept the result! It is now time to end the subjugation of people by force. The people have to get their choice of government by protesting and forcing these gangsters out. Sham on the NEBE!

As far as I know Bereket Simon Wolde Gerima is not an Amhara name.If I am wrong,I stand corrected.If he is not, he has no business of representing Amharas.Let him go and stand for election were he was born or worked and contributed to the community.
This murderer was the leader of the so-called Amhara party serving TPLF,and hence the ruler of the Amhara region before his present position.What a degradation to the Amhara people!!!!This act should be avenged sooner than later by throwing out of office the ethnicist TPLF government.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: York

Participants,

It is a general truth that little minds dicuss people not ideas. Most of seem to focus on such racist issues.

Only one issue deserves explanation. Why we muslim support the current system, at least the constitution. It is clear like a daylight. It is the first ever constitution that guarantees our religious rights, to say the least. During the Emperor the constitution provides for a stste religion-Christianity. The dergue was against all religions.Does that explain your question?

What is more there is no correlation b/n Islam and terrorism. That shows you arrogance or denial of reality. So, I am sure the Americans are after Ethiopian muslims. If that was the case I am sure meles will not support their fight against terrorism. Be aware that there are christian terrorists such as the IRA of Northern Irland.

I think that shades light on your confusion.

Ali,

Ali,

You cannot convince anyone with your smooth looking words. How can a terrorist all of a sudden become anti terrorist? Meles and Bereket are two terrorists in Ethiopia who are currently engaged in terrorising the whole nation. No one will believe that Meles and Bereket will fight against terrorism when they themselves are terrorists.

Ali
This forum is about Lalibela's election. Mr Desta is the winner and Bereket has lost the election and he has to accept the election result. The people of Lalibela have done their job. They have elected Mr Desta and they should not participate in another election.

What is wrong with you? You are so obsessed with ethnicity. Don’t you know that you are standing with TPLF- the most racist and ethnocentric group that has ever ruled Ethiopia? In Ethiopian history, there has never been a government that has tried to divide Ethiopia by ethnic or racial groups. In Meles’s map of Ethiopia all provinces have names derived from ethnic names such as Oromia, Amhara, Gambella etc. If you think you are confusing people by saying 'racist', and so on, well you are not. Your views are racist and are only pro-TPLF. TPLF is the most racist, ethnocentric and separatist group who once wanted to separate Tigray from Ethiopia. Don’t waste your time; no body is buying your ideas. I have read your comments in various forums and your views are anti-Ethiopian. You are exposed!!! There are a lot of problems in Eritrea and they need your help. You are one of those who have deviant views and regressive ideas on issues that matter to Ethiopians. Ethiopia will never be divided by TPLF. This forum is not for you.

Folks please don't waste your time with Ali. That is why he is here.Ignore him. I don't think that he is a muslim, but just a disguised TPLF cadre, payed for this purpose.
g

Ali,
We are discussing about the election in Lalibela. We are not concerned about your attention disorders and don’t bring your personal problems. Meles, Bereket and Co. should stop harassing the people of Lalibela and its elected candidate, Mr Desta.
By the way are you still called Ali Kebede or just Ali ? Are you a Muslim also? Don’t bother to answer. You are exposed !!!!

Meles, Bereket and their shameful secretes have been exposed. Let alone people of Lalibela, the whole nation has rejected TPLF. Ehiopians say enough to dictators. They don't want to accept the fact that they are rejected. They couldn't accept the defeat. Came out with guns to revenge those who reject them. Whatever happens, they will continue to be rejected. Ethiopians cannot be led by ghosts who have nothing else to think but themselves.

Ali,

How many passports do Meles and Bereket have? May be 2 or 3. Eritrean, Ethiopian, and what else. Making sure that they can escape if things go wrong? Let me assure you, Europe door has been closed for them. No more minicab driving. Nowhere to hide as they use to. NO CHANCE OF ESCAPING FROM ETHIOPIANS. They will pay for the crime they commit. Crime against humanity. That's what they are scared of. They don't want to leave Ethiopia alone because they know what is next!!!

Email: ag@yahoo.co.uk

Dear members,

Whichever forum you want to join, you will see Ali's NASTY comment against Ethiopians. Is this his only paid job? or what else is he doing? spying ?

Email: ab89891@yahoo.co.uk

Gossip and defaming are both the outcome of frustrations.

Email: Hailu123@aol.com

Which TPLF cadre has a real name? All of them have fake (criminal) names. The so called Ali in this site is also another fake name to a TPLF cadre that seems have a permanent work 24/7 in this site to spread lie and propaganda. I never met a stupid man before as I do now in this site with the name Ali. Now TPLF is dividing Ethiopia under Ethnic lines? What about dividing the oldest country according to religion line? Believe me this division will come. And it will be very disastrous. That time Ethnic division will disappear. TPLF ethnic division is just for nothing.

Participants,

Why are so worried about my identity. You are still trying to silence my voice rather than focusing on positive dialogue.

I think you can read me easily. I stand for a unified Ethiopia based on full respect for all nations and nationalities or as you call them ethnic groups, and religious equality.

I believe a true ethiopian don't need any political affilation to promte this position. It is only enough to be human being and to understand the dynamics of ethiopian poliyical histroy.

To give more insight I am a lecturer in one of our universties. So, don't waste your time in finding my identity or profession. Be assured, none of your allegations will have any impact on my position. When ever I get ample timeI will continue sharing my views.

Ali

Mr. Ali, are you Mamo Qilo?

Dear all

It's incumbent on the CUD man to seize this opportunity and fight back. There's no point despairing from the start.Experience should have taught him that he is not entering a clean and fair game . He must fight back.............or the Eritrean agent.....Bereket ..........would have the easiest ride to parliament.Fight him by all means ..............making him the center of attention...........get all the backing you can from your party head quarters in Addis ........get the free press behind............attract as much international attention as can be managed.........and reach out to all the peasantry across Lalibela.........DON"T walk away .........thats what Bereket wants you to do...............that's all I can advise.

City: Addis

I don't understand when Bereket Simon(his criminal name) born in Eritrea from both Eritrean parents and Legese(Meles=his criminal name) born from an Eritrean mother and Ethiopian father(from banda family) act as Ethiopians while Isayas Afewerq=Ethiopian name, Isayas Afewerki=Eritrean name born in Eritrean from both parents are Ethiopian became the worst Enemy to Ethiopia intending to benefit Eritrea. The people of Ethiopia and most Importantly the people of wollo and arround lalibella have to understand that Bereket Simon is a criminal changing his name and behaviour according to his benefit not yours. Don't kneel down to this Eritrean murderer for the last 30 years. He killed our solders who were fighting for the sovereignty of our country.
The following article will show you about the true identity of members of the criminal organizations, TPLF and EPLF.

Issayas, Meles(Legese) and Bereket

A BRIEF TIGREAN/ETHIOPIAN FAMILY BACKGROUND OF THE ERITREAN PRESIDENT THAT THE WORLD SHOULD KNOW

Isayas Afewerki’s father is called Ato Mr./Ato Afewerq Abraha. His mother’s name is Mrs/Woz ADANECH Berhe. Their children are:
1 Ato Amare Afewerq (Afewerki*) (* intended to camouflage Eritreaness)
2 Ato Isayas Afewerq (Afewerki)
3 Ato Amanuel Afewerq
4 Ato Ermias Afewrq
5 Ato Yonas Afewerq
6 Woz. Tsigereda Afewerq
7 Woz. Arian Afewerq(ki)

FAMILY BACKGROUND OF THE ERITREAN PRESIDENT

Isayas’s Father, Mr. AFEWERQ/KI) is from ADI TANQUA-MILASH/ TEMBIEN and they trace their roots to AGAME AWARAJA OF TIGRAY in Ethiopia. Isaya’s father used to work in MEKELE, the capital of Tigray Province/Administrative region. Isayas’s father used to work at the Ministry of Land Reform until his retirement. Until he died those who knew him in Tigray used to identify him as “the man who wears a black suit, a black “cravat”/neck tie and a black hat”. Isayas’s Mother Woz. ADANECH BERHE is from ADWA in Tigray/Ethiopia. This is also the birthplace of the father of Ethiopia’s Prime Minister. ISAYAS’s uncles (via his father) are: 1 Dejazmatch Solomon Abraha 2 Captain Mekonnen Abraha 3 Ato Hagos Abraha Dejazmatch Solomon Abraha (Isayas’s cousin) was the Enderassie/Governor of WOLLO province in Ethiopia during the reign of Emperor Haile Sellassie. In 1964 (E.C) the Tigray Cultural group based in Mekele visited Dessie, the Capital City of Wollo after their tour to Asmara. The Governor of Wollo at the time Dejazmatch Solomon Abraha (The Eritrean President’s uncle) in a special dinner organised in their honour expressed his pleasure and gratitude to the Cultural Group for their initiative of popularising the Tigrean folklore music and dances because he told them that he was a Tigrean himself. Dejazmatch Solomon Abraha also revealed to them that his own mother was from Agame Awraja in Beganta-Afeshum Woreda (Sub-District) in a village called QIL-A-AT” in Tigray/Ethiopia. Dejazmatch Solomon also told them that his father was from TENBIEN in Tigray/ETHIOPIA. Navy Captain Mekonnen Abraha was “married” to the daughter of Dejazmatch Ghebray who was a student at Empress Menen School in Addis Ababa and he is believed to have children from her. Ato Hagos Abraha was one of the student veterans of Teferi Makonnen School in Addis Ababa who also was one of the Goalkeepers of the Ist Division of the same School in the mid 1940s who discontinued his studies due to ill health and later died when he was working at the National Bank in Addis Ababa.

ISAYAS AFEWERKI’S GRAND PARENTS AND OTHER RELATIVES

Isayas’s Grand mother (on his mother’ s side) is called Woz. Medhin “Berad” and she is from ADWA in Tigray/Ethiopia. She is the brother of Fitewrari Kidane Mesel. It is also alleged that Fitewrari Kidane is the father of either Ato Kassahun or Ato Yemane Kidane (otherwise known as “JAMAICA”) of the TPLF/EPRDF ruling group of Ethiopia. If this is true, it implies that Ato “JAMAICA” and Isayas Afewerki of Eritrea are in a sense brothers by our Eritrean/Ethiopian definition but a cousin in Western sense. It is also said that some of the closest people around Isayas Afewerki also have a Tigrean blood. In short, many of those who are fanatic anti-Ethiopian and anti- Woyanes in Asmara are mainly Tigreans/Ethiopians by origin and those who have had strong links and connections with Tigray in particular and Ethiopia in general. Isayas’s aunt (i.e. the sister of Isayas’s mother) is called Woz.Hana. She is the wife of Ato Belay. Both Woz. Hana and Ato Belay are from ADWA. It is alleged that their children are living in Sweden. Isayas’s uncle (on his mother’s side) is married to a woman from Adwa and has a daughter named Woz. Zewdi who is now said to be living in Germany. From the above information we have received the ONLY “ERITREANNESS” OF ISAYAS AFEWERKI IS THAT HE WAS BORN IN ERITREAN SOIL AND HE IS MARRIED TO WOZ. SABA HAILE OF SHIMEZANA OF ERITREA. This is a shocking story that will take many years for the true and genuine Eritreans and the blind supporters of this brutal dictator and a communist tyrant. We have no doubt in our minds that these types of new revelations about the family background and roots of the President of Eritrea are beyond belief and extraordinary. Thus quite to the contrary to the 13-1’s claim of “proud tradition of love of truth” we are sure that Eritreans whose families have sacrificed their loved ones as well as other Eritreans who have in good faith made material and other forms of sacrifices for the last 30 years would describe Isayas’s lie and actions as the most shameful and extra-ordinary betrayals of truth of the century as far as Eritreans are concerned. Those Eritreans whose families have sacrificed in the last 30 years to keep this evil man in power and who sincerely and genuinely have blindly supported his pseudo Eritrean national identity would find these revelations as a tragic shock for every one.

Yes Isaias was born and raised in Eritrea. His father was from Tembien (Tigray) and his mother was from Adwa (Tigray). Isaias struggled for the liberation of Eritrea for many years, he put his life on the line for Eritrea and destroyed his parents country Ethiopia, was elected as a member of the ELF general leadership, in collaboration with other fighters formed the EPLF – which eventually liberated Eritrea. On the other hand MELES ZENAWI was born of an Ethiopian father and an Eritrean mother. Is it possible to say that Melles is more Eritrean than Isaias. Genetically it looks like we could say so.

I think we understand how this two evil are laying all along to the Eritrean and Ethiopian people. The one who is an Ethiopian root (issayas) became an enemy against Ethiopia, the one who has deep root hate against Ethiopia started from his Banda family and have an Eritrean mother (meles) acts as an Ethiopian while destroying our country to benefit Eritrea. Take how he landlocked our beloved Ethiopia. Bereket Simon has eritrean parents and born In Eritrea, yet he acts as an Ethiopia while destroying Ethiopia for the sake of Eritrea.

People, there is a Bereha, agreement between these 3 evils. Don't give them chance to rule us again. Bereket is the right hand to little meles. To reject bereket even a single vote is much more than fighting our enemies and kills them in battle field. He is worst than many Enemies together. Don't vote for him. He is the mastermind to the destruction of Ethiopia. He is the mastermind to give vast, fertile and breathtaking land from Gonder and Wollo to Tigry. Do you know more than half of the present Tigry territory comes from Gonder and wollo after TPLF took power?
As I said Bereket alone could causes worst damages to our country than thousands TPLF solders(agazzis). To eliminate him from parliament means defeating thousands of Ethiopian enemies everywhere. It is better to die for the truth than allowing this criminal entering into our parliament and waiting him to come back to kill us in a painful slow death.

The big question is do we have still keeping silent about those in the TPLF while we know the truth about them?

Here is a great opportunity for ethiopians abroad and at home to call for international observers who have any genuine concern for human rights and democracy to get involved. It is understandable that international observers cannot monitor all rural elections properly. But there cannot be any excuse for any government or organization that claims to be impartial and fair for not sending its representative as observer if asked by a legitimate organized group of ethiopian citizens. If the whole process is monitored from preparation to election day, the results of this election can prove to be a turning point in the process of getting new elections in all other disputed locals. After all, the international community have been bombarded with conflicting reports clouding the judgement of all but the informed and politically savvy groups. Let us do all we can to get international observers involved on this one!!!!

Email: mustefahmd@yahoo.com

City: aa

DearAli,Correction .
It is only you and the likes who run for blind support of This racisit,terrorist..... regim of woyane.
We muslims have been leaving in Ethiopia with other Ethiopians,we all have been suffuring with woayanes injustice in its all aspect.
We also revenged it by the ballot as our frinds did it.
There is nothing special for the muslims to support this falling racisist.
Racsism of woyane is against principles of islam.
please revise your misunderstandinssssss.
Mustefa

Muste,
I wish these people recognized as you have the Woyanes agenda, which is to divide and rule by religion and ethnicity. There is no such thing as pure Ethiopian. We are all mixed and have become as one Ethiopians. Growing up my best friend was a Muslim and our parents were friends as well. Religion and ethnicity shouldn’t be an issue. As the late Haile Selassie said it: “Ethiopia is for every ethnic group but religion is a private matter”(something like that). To some of you who are full of hate try to be free of hate, it feels so great and liberating. Take a moment and ask your self why you hate and put some thought into it, believe me it will change you forever. Always try to treat others, as you want to be treated regardless of ethnicity and religion. Love is easer than hate and simpler. Enough preaching for today, kids. May God help us all and protect us from evil.

No doubt Meles and Bereket are no match with any in the Ethiopian politics. As Ato Mulugeta Asrate Kassa (the son of Ras Asrate Kassa) has said one time, "the thick blanket of unreasonable hatred is the obstacle preventing Ethiopians particularly in the Diaspora to intensely act against the very basic interests of Ethiopia and the Ethiopians". Again, I remember when PM Meles gave a one week seminar for Academic Staff of Addis Ababa University, one previously opposing Professor was asked about the leadership ability of PM Meles. He said the following, "Now (after the seminar), I am convinced that this leader is sharp, witty and very very bright, I doubt if all these professors collected together can match his ability and caliber". This was reported in a private news paper not known to be sympathetic to the incumbent Party.

Now why hatred? The answer is simple. Neftegans and hate mongers are angry as they are not able to impose their extreme backward feudo-imperial mentality and parasitic malignancy on other Ethiopians. As victims of their backward hatred propaganda, some other Ethiopians are following them. But this will be short lived as reality is coming out. Gone are those golden days of living and enjoying at the expense of the majority of Ethiopians. You will be dreamers and never achieve anything; your backward machinations do not work at this 21st century.

It is certain that the leadership strategy of PM Meles and Bereket will be the optimal option for Ethiopia to pull itself out of the quagmire of backwardness and poverty. There are many African nations including Eritrea who need visionary leaders like Meles and Bereket. They are indeed blessed with full of wisdom, prudence and realism. Ethiopia is very lucky country indeed to have these personalities at its top. As a result, the country's respect and recognition has continued to rise unabated. We are witnessing right now, openness, tolerance and democracy in the country for the first time.

No doubt Meles and Bereket are no match with any in the Ethiopian politics. As Ato Mulugeta Asrate Kassa (the son of Ras Asrate Kassa) has said one time, "the thick blanket of unreasonable hatred is the main reason motivating hatemongers particularly Backward hatemongers in the Diaspora to intensely act against the very basic interests of Ethiopia and the Ethiopians". Again, I remember when PM Meles gave a one week seminar for Academic Staff of Addis Ababa University, one previously opposing Professor was asked about the leadership ability of PM Meles. He said the following, "Now (after the seminar), I am convinced that this leader is sharp, witty and very very bright, I doubt if all these professors collected together can match his ability and caliber". This was reported in a private news paper not known to be sympathetic to the incumbent Party.

Now why hatred? The answer is simple. Neftegans and hate mongers are angry as they are not able to impose their extreme backward feudo-imperial mentality and parasitic malignancy on other Ethiopians. As victims of their backward hatred propaganda, some other Ethiopians are following them. But this will be short lived as reality is coming out. Gone are those golden days of living and enjoying at the expense of the majority of Ethiopians. You will be dreamers and never achieve anything; your backward machinations do not work at this 21st century.

It is certain that the leadership strategy of PM Meles and Bereket will be the optimal option for Ethiopia to pull itself out of the quagmire of backwardness and poverty. There are many African nations including Eritrea who need visionary leaders like Meles and Bereket. They are indeed blessed with full of wisdom, prudence and realism. Ethiopia is very lucky country indeed to have these personalities at its top. As a result, the country's respect and recognition has continued to rise unabated. We are witnessing right now, openness, tolerance and democracy in the country for the first time.

Gimma,
God bless you. This is the truth that all Ethiopians need to know. Meles was and is the enemy of Ethiopia. No matter what he is trying to say to cover up his anti-Ethiopian conspiracies his action speaks louder and the same goes to the big mouth Bereket. (Bereket is an Eritrean name, while Simon, who knows where he got it from) as well. Bereket is not an Ethiopian. The proud Ethiopians should stand for their unity and integrity.

Abebe,
You need to see what Meles and Co. used to look like when they first arrived in Ethiopia from their “bereha” after planning on how to destroy Ethiopia. Are these the visionary leaders you are talking about? Meles got his two years college education under Emperor Haile Silasie. Being smart and evil are different and he is latter. To lead a country one has to be highly educated. What about the rest of the EPRDF? What is their accomplishment?
You are definitely a TPLF cadre calling this killer and election cheater a visionary leader. You must be one of those TPLF/EPRDF happy persons from the millions of Ethiopians who are subjugated to starvation, death, disappearance, imprisonment and so on by Meles and Co. These TPLF cadres are trying to gasp their last breath because they know the time to face trial is coming. What ever division and poison you try to implant among Ethiopian will not work. Keep saying neftegna,Amhara, Oromo and Gugage they are all Ethiopians. TALK ABOUT TPLF WHO IS AGANIST THE REST OF ETHIOPIA

Abebe:
May Allah/God free you from the bondage of hate. May the merciful open your eyes and mind so you may recognize evil and stand against it. Meles and Bereket have committed the biggest sin in the eyes of God/Allah by taking innocent lives. These monsters have tortured and killed young and old innocent lives. There is no mercy in the kingdom of God/Allah for putting people in misery.

Most people in Ethiopia are living below the poverty line and are dying of Aids and hunger. The last fourteen years have been tough on the majority of the citizens of Ethiopia because of Meles’s and his partner in crime, Bereket Simon’s leadership. Go away, Abebe you don’t have any friends here. Go waist your worthless time with Woyanes.

Muste,

Why are you rushing to blind conclusion? Why don't you refute my position with facts?

1. I said under the Emperors' or kingsconstitution the had religion( there was a state religion) and you know it was Orthodox church. Does this show equality of religion? I need straight answer.

2. The dergue was against all religions.Then, are you saying we had no problem?

3. I said the current constitution is the first to recognize the right of Muslims in all walkes of life.
It is hard truth and you can't refute this. Under Art.35 regional states(like Afar and Somali) can enact sharia law that replaces the christian value based family law. As a muslim I highly appreciate such bold measures taken by the current system.

Then, come up and argue based on this hard facts.A simple rethoric of "we all are one", "don't divide us"...and bla..bla doesnt help.Yes, we are Ethiopians and in that sense we are one, but we have to respect the diversity in such unity and shouldn't forgett the religious suppressions of the previous regimes.

Ali,

Legese=Meles=ABEBE.

I feel, you are up to your last breath. Many people asking forgiveness in their last age about the things they even didn’t make intentionally. But you are a transformed thing from bad human to creature. How is it possible you are still breathing (acting) as if everything is going well with you while you know you have lots of anger, hate, lie, criminal records and many bad habits in you against others? You think you are living, but in reality you are suffering on earth with soul and flesh together. Because of you, millions of innocent Ethiopians are suffering. I said to them their suffering is mostly come from shortage of material gains caused by TPLF. They did nothing wrong against their follow human being. They are innocent from any atrocity. But you (Abebe=meles=legese whatever) you are an empty soul from inside. You are hiding in our palace as if you are in prison by choice admitting the crime you committed against Ethiopia. You call them bodyguards. But we call them high criminal prison guards. Although you are hiding in our palace, still we see you the same way when you have been in desert (Sudan), rocky Tigry mountain or Gorges hiding like a little rat to kill people. So, Abebe=Meles=Legese, whatever(TPLF), your hate towards Ethiopia while admiring your TPLF criminals show us who really you are. You are counting your time as short as in minutes and seconds. Let Satan reach you as soon as possible to take your breath away.

Gimma or anyone with that screen name,

Why are you so obssesed with name mentioning? Do you really think meles will have time to chat with you at this critical time? I don't think so.

But, even if you think that way why don't you refute his position rather than focus on personal attack?

Previously, you tried to blackmail me as if i was anti-ethiopian.But, you failed to respond to my prudent request. My question is, still, why are you so racist and failed to dicuss real issues?

Please, avoid hatred and promote dialogue. The opposition parties are coming back to that real life and now switching off their extrem position. They are electing their mayor for Addis tommorow.

Ali

DEar Gimma

I am incredibly impressed by the amount of detail in the family lineage of Meles and Isayas. It's tremeandously important that we know these folk to so much detail.
I must assume you have done a good deal of research uncovering this or have had a chance to know them reasonably closely. How very interesting !!!!

Well done on the good job.

City: Addis

Ali (Eli),

You are a mentally disordered human thing I ever come across. Your writing all along is attacking people who are against your criminal TPLF rulers. Your slave mentality service to TPLF cadres may not enough to save you from the campaign to kill Muslims in the name of terrorism to get political and financial support from US. You are a TPLF slave to me. Leave this forum and go and wash their ass. This is the job they gave you.

Gimma,

I can see you deep frustration. That is why you utter so nasty words. Be assured I won't be intimdated by such blackmail.I am doing this my own benefit because the more i stay in this forum the more I can read the minds of the opposition people.

Thanks for helping me understand your nacked opinion.I am dead sure that if you can't tolerate me opinions while in opposition, you will never think of it after graping the power.That is the scary side of opposition people like you.

Anyway, there is no way but dialogue. Don't frustrate, try to convince your opponents. The opposition leaders seem to take that path. So, be civilized and avoid your vulgar words.

Ali

Ali,
For you to say you are content with Meles who have tortured and killed your Ethiopian brothers and sisters and yet you are scared of the opposition party—this shows that you are Woyane or you are easily manipulated by Woyanes.

911,we all know that all the past kings were imposing their belief,and values .. on all ethiopian Muslims systemattically or by force.We(muslims) were not recognized as citsizens by any one of theme.
It is recorded fact orthodox was state religion, your qoutation of the king is very misleading.
Being one is not swallowing someones belief,and value,but everyone recognizes othres existence and respect their belief.
We muslims have our value for all aspects of life which is very appealing for anyone who is positive and critical enough.
Teaching our kids is a must of life,teaching our kids is not indoctrinating them hate.
Please dont be baised against muslims teaching blindly.

Ali,
I accept what u say about the king and dergue,which were against our belief,even recognition as Ethiopian citizen.
The matter is not coparing big injustice with smaller one.
We are against any form of injustice.
If we are critical enough most of what you say good from current regim is false,most is related to the party benefit.
we have seen every thing in the past 14 yrs.

Dear Ethiopian participants,

Ali said that he is a lecturer in the University (God knows which one!!). He gave the name lecturer to himself (when he is not!!) and that belongs to academicians. He is doing this because he wants to lecture us OR preach us for that matter, about Woyanes poor politics which is totally rejected by all Ethiopians with one voice.

Ali, we can lecture you that you and your employers are have no place in Ethiopia. JUST PACK UP AND LEAVE!!

Email: AB83831@yahoo.com

DEAR ALI
i don't like EPRDF b/c it couldnot remove poverity that is why i voted for CUD( to give chance).but what i have been reading in the forums of ER is very shameful. I wish i were not an Ethiopian. The majority of the post writers only write ugly and irelevant worlds, they can't argue about your facts rather they insult you. This is shame!!!!!!!!!!!
Ali, you are the only one who tolately tells the truth to those mistaken people. If you are An Ethiopian, i am proude of you.
I have now understand why we are poor and backward.because the majority thinks by its foot not by head unlike you.
while there are a lot to discuss and solve the problems of pm meles and Bereket, everybody counts their blooood.It is shame !!!!every body forgot it is 21st century.
Any way, who ever say what ever, please ALI, keep them teaching the truth. and i will help you in my little free time.
10000 lies cant be changed to 1 truth!!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody must be reasonable.

Ali,
Ethiopia needs CUD and the winner Mr Desta Kasse in Lalibela. Bereket’s background should be investigated. Kemal Bedri has no credibility among the majority of Ethiopians and he should be replaced with a more competent person.

You keep changing your identity from forum to forum. You presented yourself, as an Ethiopian once living in A.A and another time residing in Europe or in Diaspora. You called yourself Ali Kebede and on another occasion, just Ali to sound as a muslim. But as a Muslim you appeared not to have any knowledge of the religion. YOU ARE NONE OF THE ABOVE. WE KNOW YOU ARE A DIEHARD TPLF AND SHABIA SERVANT WHO HATES ALL ETHIOPIANS and want to see Ethiopia disintegrate.
Out of desperation now you start religion as a divisive issue? No chance!!!!
What you need to see is a psychiatrist. YOU HAVE ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER. Please go to TPLF/SABIA web site and feel free to spread your hatred for Ethiopia.

No previous Ethiopian government encouraged any kind of division among its citizens. A great quote from Empror Haile Selasie says “haimanot yegil ne’w hager yegara ne’w “.

Ethnic division was TPLF’s and SHABIA’S plan while they were in “meda” or “Bereha”.
They yearned for Ethiopians to hate and kill each other so that they can manipulate each group. After that they hoped that the wealth of the country will be sucked to the benefit of only TPLF and SHABIA while the rest of Ethiopians live in poverty. And TPLF’S and SHABIA’S life will extend their hungry and greedy control. Meles and Co. know that with united Ethiopia they have no chance of surviving on their own.

Dear Moderator,
Please post this comment instead of the previous one. Thanks

To all Ethiopians,
Ethiopia needs CUD and the winner Mr Desta Kasse in Lalibela. Bereket’s background should be investigated. Kemal Bedri has no credibility among the majority of Ethiopians and he should be replaced with a more competent person.

To all Ethiopians and Ali,
Ali,
You keep changing your identity from forum to forum. You presented yourself, as an Ethiopian once living in A.A and another time residing in Europe or in Diaspora. You called yourself Ali Kebede and on another occasion, just Ali to sound as a muslim. But as a Muslim you appeared not to have any knowledge of the religion. YOU ARE NONE OF THE ABOVE. WE KNOW YOU ARE A DIEHARD TPLF AND SHABIA SERVANT WHO HATES ALL ETHIOPIANS and want to see Ethiopia disintegrate.
Out of desperation now you start religion as a divisive issue? No chance!!!!
What you need to see is a psychiatrist. YOU HAVE ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER. Please go to TPLF/SABIA web site and feel free to spread your hatred for Ethiopia.

No previous Ethiopian government encouraged any kind of division among its citizens. A great quote from Empror Haile Selasie says “haimanot yegil ne’w hager yegara ne’w “.

Ethnic division was TPLF’s and SHABIA’S plan while they were in “meda” or “Bereha”.
They yearned for Ethiopians to hate and kill each other so that they can manipulate each group. After that they hoped that the wealth of the country will be sucked to the benefit of only TPLF and SHABIA while the rest of Ethiopians live in poverty. And TPLF’S and SHABIA’S life will extend their hungry and greedy control. Meles and Co. know that with united Ethiopia they have no chance of surviving on their own.

Aman,

I don't understand why you focus on individuals identity. Why don't you stick to the point and answer my questions?

To shade some light I am Ali Ibrahim. Yes I was in Europe for some time and I am back home. I have been consistent on that fact. You can't prove me any inconsistency.

Another misinformation is Shabia has been agains ethnic rights and no one will take your assertions. Check shabia websites on that issue. For the record I strongly condemn Shabia and I have my own reservations on the current regime. But, I believe the constitution should be cherished for respecting our religious and other group rights.

The question you are avoiding is our real political history. Your quate from the king doesn't hold water because it a hard fact that there was a state relgion.

please, face the reality and focuse on real issues. Character assassination won't help you convince others.

Ali,

Ali,
If you are so holier than cow--Why are you going thirty years back? While the current govt. are torturing, killing and trying to muzzle people. Why don’t you condemned when Meles put bullets on the young Ethiopian students? Why don’t you stand up for the people who are starving for a lack of water and a piece of bread and for the people who are dying of Aids for a lack of medicine? Why don’t you stand up and speak for millions people who are living under the poverty line? Why don’t stand up and speak for the people who are loosing their homes and their lands and becoming beggars? Working for God is doing good things for others and give to people who are less fortunate. Let’s not fool our selves; reading the Bible and Quran and praying hundred times a day is not a highway to heaven. What we wish and desire for ourselves we should do the same for others.

Dear participants,

I think Ali, the servant of woyane, is trying to divert attention by writing nasty things so that concerned Ethiopians cannot concentrate on the real issue. If you see in most of the forums, he writes so many lies that upset everyone making sure that we all cannot concentrate on the real issues that matters to all Ethiopians. I think the best thing is to ignore Ali and Co. and let's discuss about the real issues. We have to ignore these idiots who cannot satisfy their blood thirst unless they kill.

Ethiopians,
We want CUD to lead the country and Bereket to stop terrorizing the people of Wollo. CUD is the only credible party that will work hard to bring Ethiopians together and promote prosperity and unity.

Ali,
I have to focus on your identity because of your anti-Ethiopian and anti-unity comments. I have to expose you because I have been reading your comments. You are very inconsistent and incoherent and you are trying to get attention very badly. If you know about sticking to the point, the forum is about Bereket Simon terrorizing the people of Wollo. It is not about your religion or problems.

As much as you are concerned about Shabia, I couldn’t care less what Shabia stands for or against. That is for the Eritearians and for you to follow. As far as I am concerned let them burn in the hell that they have created for themselves.
Next time your name will be Isayas, or John or who knows.

Your views about the past or present of Ethiopia are all lies and are TPLF’s and Shabia’s fabricated versions. You are obsessed with ethnicity and religion just as TPLF was. You or TPLF will never divide Ethiopia. Got it? By now you should know how it has backfired on Meles and Co.

The only thing you contribute to this forum is that by arguing here and there you have exposed the past histories of Woyane ,TPLF and Isayas to many Ethiopians. We are getting informed about how Isayas, Meles and Co. were planning to destroy Ethiopia, where they came from, how Meles and his families (Woyanes) were traitors (bandas).

Ali(Eli)
Still you are too slow to understand the facts

You said you lived in Europe and then moved to Ethiopia. You also said you are a university lecturer. All along you said many fantasy stories about yourself and TPLF criminals, too.
Let make the big story short. When did you come back to Ethiopia? I think your answer should be, in 1991 with TPLF and EPLF cadres from Sudan. Which university are you giving lecture? I know the level of our education is reached the bottom since your TPLF criminals took power. But still you have no any moral, ethic or academic background to become even assistance at the low-level of education system. Your job is exactly what you are doing right now in this forum. Interrupting people who have concerns about their country, you write in one forum with different names such as Ali is intended to attack people while supporting TPLF criminals, you are writing also using other names to appreciate yourself (Ali) hoping to confuse people that you have supports. You are a very sick man from your head. You said you are learning from this forum people’s negative character when they replay to your **** idea with facts using harsh words hoping you may understand this way. Are you a street psychopath? What are you going to do with your negative knowledge? Making bombs for TPLF cadres? It is funny when a decent society (the Ethiopian) having you among them as a weakness, worry, problem and a cancer and become part of their day-to-day enemy.
But still I like to congratulate for your contribution to us with our struggle against your TPLF cadres. The more you steak with TPLF cadres with the knowledge they forced you to swallow, the worst become to them when we teach you the truth about them. Every truth about them is from bad to worst. There is nobody contributing to the forum in the way you do all along against the very interest of your TPLF criminals, when you supporting them without any specific or practical approach to convince others. We will continue giving you facts about your TPLF criminals (boys) to show their true dark colour to the Ethiopian people. Unless there is a problem, there is no solution. You are the problem making us determine to find solution to our country with out TPLF cadres.

Folks,

Thanks for your views. We shall agree to disagree. wether we like it or not Bereket will be elected to be MP.My last word for you is that your character assassination strategy won't help you let alone our country.

Wish you all nice time.

Ali,

Ali,

"Whether we like it or not Bereket will be elected to be MP”, that is what you stated? Yes that is one possibility - when you are totally knocked out on the ballots you ran for the bullets. Then you call that dictatorship not democracy.

AB,

I joined this forum to discuss ideas that may help develop the culture of dialogue. The end result proved otherwise.

Most participants are not ready to see/hear opposing views.Dialogue requires, at least, the respect of others opinon.In practice, most participants rush to blackmail people with different view, which was typical of the early 1970's of Ethiopian politics(the EPRP-MEISON-SEDED, etc.style politics).

So, I am obliged to spend my time on more important issues. I would like to thank Elias for allowing me to participate in the forum after blocking my IP for a week or so.

Ali

Bereket is not only terrorising people of Wollo. He is currently busy terrorising people of Awassa as well.

You ******* ******* I aint from satan Im from your mom beotches suck dick pussies ugly ass ******

Email: Seattlesuckmydickbitches@hotmail.com

City: Up your Azz