Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ethiopian Lost A Bet and IS Expected to Send $1000 to Shibre Fund

Dear Ethiopian,

A month or so ago you made a bet to give $1000 dollars to charity. Your bet was "I bet you a month from now the government will be declared winner and the opposition will agree and join the parliment as a minority party"

Your bet was clearly time bound "One month to be exact" Now after you lost your bet you wrote:

"As smart as you are you comeback as kid and argue on technicality - why does it matter 1 month or 2 month, the point is that. EPRDF was declared winner and at some point in the near future opposition will go as minority. I think that is the wise thing for them to do. Hope they won't use all thier political capital before they evne go there though"

Sr, you have lost. Cough up the dough and send it to Shibre's family. Your last argument is that it was shee Birr rather than $1000 dollar and you ask me to match your contribution. First of all, I do not need to mach your fund. It is you who lost the bet. Secod, it was one thousand dollar not Shee Birr. Third, it is one month. And if you are a man of your word you shoould send $1000 to a charity of my choice. My choice is SHiberees fund.

What I find is the following. You admitted in writing that EPRDF has or may have rigged the vote. But you try to wiggle out of your corner by calling NEB as an alabi. Yes, the opposition has agreed to abide by the ruling of NEB, if its ruling is fair and transparent. They feel it was not. So, on what ground do you deny them their right to reject NEB's decision?

You also say that your support to allow EPRDF in office is bacuase "frankly there is no alternative at this time" But you said the people voted for the opposition. If the people voted for CUD/UEDF as an alternative, who are you to say, it should not count?

Again you are intentionally confusing the legitimate and peaceful opposition in the country with some individuals' personal views on the internet. This is both unfair to the opposition and decivieng. You wrote: "Opposition, it seems to me, or their spupporters on this forum come here with ONE track argument - which is weak at best, and shows how little of the situation on the ground is grasped. It seems to me they HAVE no understanding of what EPRDF would react on certain senarios." This is a bogus argument. The opposition is providing an alternative. And that is the proposal that you and I supported. But now you are wiggling out of it without public announcement.

Yejib Tila aka
Mamo Qilo aka
Yimer Ali aka
Ankasa Doro aka
etc

Re: Ethiopian Lost A Bet and IS Expected to Send $1000 to Shibre Fund

Ethiopian,

Please send the bet money to Ethiopian Review in the Address Provided Below. Please do not forget to note that the Money is a contribution to Sibre's fund. Thank you. I hope you are man enough to stad by your words. Thank you again.

Here is the address.

Ethiopian Review
PO Box 1153
Annandale VA 22003 USA

Ethiopian,

You were the one who was preaching about the value of ethics and personal integrity. Why are you going back on your words. That is the lowest form of characteristic flaw.

Ankasa Doro

Dear Mamo,
I will get back to you and go toe-to-toe with you in the near future, and once again show your half empty judgment of the situation at hand. I am on busy schedul this week...that is why I didn't reply to your sophomoric taunt - the facts will be the judge of who won the bet...so don't declare yourself a winner - after all, you are arguing exactly against that - am I not right?

Email: mamo@yahoo.com

Also - I will send ande shee dolar - not because I bet the loss to you, because the young lady's family can you use all the support. So, I ask you to be "man enought" to match the fund dollar for dollar...stand up and get counted.

Ethiopia,

There is no question that you have lost the Bet. You made a bet to give $1000 dollars to charity. Your bet was "I bet you a MONTH FROM NOW now the government will be declared winner and the opposition will agree and join the parliment as a minority party." A MONTH has passed since and the opposition has not only refused to join as a minority party, but has also boycotted the re-vote announced by EBEN.

Your bet was clearly time bound "ONO MONTH TO BE EXACT" Now after you lost your bet you wrote:

"As smart as you are you comeback as kid and argue on technicality - why does it matter 1 month or 2 month, the point is that. EPRDF was declared winner and at some point in the near future opposition will go as minority."

I do not need to match you dollar for dollar. You are the one who lost the bet and you should pay. I have pledged US$200 to herl her fund. I am sending a check today. So please be honorable and send the money as we are preparing to send her family the money soon. Thank you.

Ankasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo aka
Yejib Tila aka
Yimer Ali aka
etc

Yegmel my man, the above response of yours can only be replied with "You said - {{I SAY}}. So, here goes it..

There is no question that you have lost the Bet.{{{This is not techincaly true}} You made a bet to give $1000 dollars to charity.{{Wasn't a bet litterally - but you it seems you can't disipher between the two - that is where you childish limitation comes}} Your bet was "I bet you a MONTH FROM NOW now the government will be declared winner and the opposition will agree and join the parliment as a minority party." {{{Once again you took it very litteral - the gist of my message was at the end of the day (based on the facts on the ground - in which you refuse to recognize) EPRDF remain majority and opposition will proceed as minoirty}} A MONTH has passed since and the opposition has not only refused to join as a minority party, but has also boycotted the re-vote announced by EBEN. {{{You are so hung up on the "one month" get off it, this is adult conversation you need to understand the gist, don't keep harping on the same thing. Having it said one thousand time will not change anything}}

Your bet was clearly time bound "ONO MONTH TO BE EXACT" Now after you lost your bet you wrote: {{Dito - this is you childish part once again}}

"As smart as you are you comeback as kid and argue on technicality - why does it matter 1 month or 2 month, the point is that. EPRDF was declared winner and at some point in the near future opposition will go as minority."

I do not need to match you dollar for dollar {{If it is to show you pay "sacrifice for real" you must match me one for one - you certainly go one on one with anyone on this forum. So, I hope you are as noble in charity as you are memotamote ;-) cheap shot sorry}}. You are the one who lost the bet and you should pay. {{{Once again I did not loose my bet}} I have pledged US$200 to herl her fund. {{YOu can do better than 200 - so cough more, jus skip few bigmacs or 6 packs}} I am sending a check today. So please be honorable and send the money as we are preparing to send her family the money soon. Thank you. {{I am honerable and I will do it as soon as you agree to match}}

Ethiopian,

I am hereby asking you to please send the check to Ethiopian Review. It is a shame for you to make a bet in public and to refuse to do good on your bet. It is Shibre's family that you are robbing. If you have any dignity left in you, you would send $1000 to Shibre family. Do not tell us that we do not care for the poor when you are denying the very poor what is due to them.

Mamo Qilo

PS: You can ask arbitrators to decide. I have your original bet copied and saved.

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

City: Virginia Beach, Virginia

Ethiopian,

You are more despicable than gebrelekuskus. You were ecturing us about helping the ppor. Now you would not even give the money you owed to the victims. Shameless!

Mamo QIlo