Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tensae and the lawsuit

On the tensae website, the following is posted:
"43 pages of PM Meles & Co. and his wife's 17 pages complaints are served starting from last Tuesday. We are discussing regarding this matter with several Ethiopians. We are in the process of setting up a defense team, both American and Ethiopian legal professionals.

This lawsuit is not only for the four mentioned in the complaint, but notice is served on the Diaspora. It is a lawsuit to other Ethiopians too. Therefore, we are going to hold teleconference with legal professionals. If you are one of those professionals, please join us on Saturday meeting. "

How is it that this lawsuit is not only for the four mentioned in it, but for the diaspora? Aren't the libel cases on those four people, who happened to have whatever it is broadcast to the world? Isn't it that website that claimed all those $$ figures (without a source I may add). So why is this a notice on the diaspora?

Do we have a new scaremonger in this world? People need to take responsibility for their OWN actions, and we shall see how these events will turn out...

Re: Tensae and the lawsuit

Tazabi,

The event will fold out as follows. Meles and his wife's property will be a public knowledge. They will be asked where they got the money from? They will be asked if they have money outside of the country. They must answer under oath. It is going to be embarrasing for them. Once this is in court, it would becaome a staple for the media, particularly for the conservative media that will expose the level of corruption in Africa. It ws a very stupid move. You have read what Dr. Tulu, one of TPLF's Think Thank wrote defending Meles's wife right to loot the country and to use her husband's office to enric herself. This is going to be bad for your master and his wife.

Mamo Qilo

M.Q,

The burden of prove is on the four defendants. They have to first prove not with propaganda blackmail but hard facts. They have to prove if Meles has at all any money in the Malaysian or other banks.

I can guess Meles wouldn't to dare take such measure in a U.S court if has millions as claimed by the defendants.I think he is ready to clear his name.

Think and research many times before you accuse some one, which may have legal consequencies.

Ali

Email: alimodi_akrimodi@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Ali,

You wrote: "The burden of prove is on the four defendants. They have to first prove not with propaganda blackmail but hard facts. They have to prove if Meles has at all any money in the Malaysian or other banks."

Yes, my friend, the burden is on Tensae Radio to prove he has billion in Malaysia. If you remember I was the first to tell them that was a stupid thing to do at the time. Go back and read. But, the issue now is that Meles has brought this to court, their strategy is to make this case a political case. Remember Meles and company will be asked if they have money saved abroad. If they have property abroad. They have to answer under oath.

You said: "I can guess Meles wouldn't to dare take such measure in a U.S court if has millions as claimed by the defendants.I think he is ready to clear his name." What name. He would be asked if he and his comrades have billion of dollars worth business. If he said yes in the US court, imaging the political repurcussion. This is the best news for the conservative media, that is critical of sending money to corrupt countries. I just cannot wait to see Meles get humiliated.

Read what Dr. Tulu, a respected TPLF opinion leader, said. He ssid Meles's wife is entitled to use her husband's office to benefit her business enterprises. Not even one sinle TPLF operative, including Gebremenamin, Ibrahim, Yilma, came to distance themselves from Dr. Tulu's argument. My brother, the looting is open and obvious.

Mamo Qilo aka
Yimer Ali aka
Ankasa Doro aka
Yejib Tila aka
Don Quixote aka
etc

What is going on about the lawsuit?