Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Democracy & Ethiopia

Dear ER,

I write this statement, as a foreign observer (anonymous). Due to the prolonged election process, resulting in our extended stay I am glad things are coming to some kind of end.

For those of use who have witnessed this historical event, before and after the election, can’t ignore the fact that the population is hungry for change.

As a European, I know what democracy looks like and feels like. Any respectable person who describes Ethiopia as a democratic country is either blind or wants to turn a blind eye due to self interest. I am not here to help any political party but to support democracy. I don’t think there is any country on this planet where the Chair of the National Election Board is also President of the Federal Supreme Court. We will never know what the PM meant when he said on BBC that ‘they made a miss-calculation’.

I wish you all the best for your struggle for freedom and democracy in Ethiopia.

(Anonymous)
Mark Lacey

City: AA

Re: Democracy & Ethiopia

Anonymous!@#$%^& or Mark Lacey?

I don’t think there is any country on this planet where the Chair of the National Election Board is also President of the Federal Supreme Court..

If that the case you have only CUD to blame... they are the one who sign and agreeded to be govern by NEBE and Federal Supreme court....finil decision... Once you sign and agreeded you have no choice by to respect your agreement... Now show me what is the did Meles did wrong here?

The point is not who accepted what, but the systematic unfairness of the board. The only simple example I can give you to make you understand is, a wife takes her husband to court only to find out that the head of the court is a relative of her husband. Do you believe there can be fairness in this situation? Any person who is a supporter or member of the current government can’t see the true picture because this is your democracy only for your purpose.

Why can you talk democracy in ER, I think we know morethan what you said and we can handle it. No matter it is a matter if time.

City: OSLO

The only simple example I can give you to make you understand is, a wife takes her husband to court only to find out that the head of the court is a relative of her husband. Do you believe there can be fairness in this situation

Mark Lacey? you misout one important information. The Wife knowing the head of the court is a relative of her husband agreed to be judge by head of the court knowing that he is her husband relative... Then the wife cry foul when the verdict goes against her.. saying the only reason she lost her case is because the judge is the relative of her husband...

When I go back to CUD CASE the CUD WIN 100% ADDIS ABABA if CUD realy care about the Ethiopia they would have work in Addis Ababa where they have full control and try again this time with new indpenedt election BODY that reperesent both side....

Right now we have to move on beside it is the first election that Ethipoia have after 3000 years... Open your eye how one can trust CUD when they refused to respect what they sign at the begining of the election... If you ask me it is a mistake for CUD to accpet National Election Board in the first palce the point is thay accpet them so they only themselves to blame... Now you can't change the game rule once you lose....

I know I am wasting my time but I tried.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MARK.

YOU SAW IT RIGHT. EVIL HERE AND THERE.

Tulu,
You said " Right now we have to move on beside it is the first election that Ethipoia have after 3000 years..."

How come you forgot that this was the third "democratic election" staged by EPRDF? Are you admitting that the previous two organized by the same regime and monitored by the same NEBE as too undemocratic to qualify even as elections? I recall we had elections inmegistu era too where we choose the elephants and tigers like people were made to choose what ever was a symbol of EPRDF inteh previous two elections. The only difference this time was that EPRDF has allowed international observers to wittness how "fair and free" the election for Meles was elected a member of the Tony Blair's African development initiative which has put "good governance" at it's core. So, it wasn't realy easy to make a replica of the previous two democratic/undemocratic elections. The oppsition unfortunately have exploited the small opening created to bring the flicker of light we saw which you are fighting to blow it off.

Coming to the subject of the husband and the wife, in the wake of the massacre perpetuated by Meles's forces, abolute block from the media mass arrests and mass arrests and house arrest of the leadership (Brutal beating by the husband endangering the life of wife), All the diplomatic forces (Shimaglle's/respected elderlies), applied their full force to persuade the opposition to accept the proposal with good faith, perhaps a neive one that the Diplomatic force/Shimagle's will demand fairness during the investigation and bridge teh impasse EPRDF and NEBE have created.

Mr Tutu,
How do you compare this with Meles, who is demanding for negotiation of the Badme issue after a final and binding decision is made by the international tribune which he has agreed to be "final and binding" for he thinks it is an "injstice". This is just an effort to give you an example in a manner and an issue you would understand, if you find the husabnd and wife issue to be too complicated.

By the way, Meles Likes this husband and wife exampple for every thing. Eritrea issue was a husband and wife issue, all the nationality issues are a simple husband and wife issue which has to be resolved by Article 39: divorce or living together etc. etc.

Thank you lacey, for the simplistic appraoch.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Re: Mark Lacey's (Anonmous) comment

To all repliers' of Mark Lacey's comment!

Looking at both Mark Lacey's initial and response comments, I conclude that he is not an Eropean observer due to his lack of coherent. Here is my reason to say that.

On his initial comment he said, "I am not here to help any political party but to support democracy."
Contrary to that however; on his respose he said that, "The point is not who accepted what, but the systematic unfairness of the board."

Oppostion parties in the country have been preaching us that they lost the vote becasue of the unfairness of the board.

To make the fact short both Mark Lacey & oppostion parties are two faces of a coin. Their hunger to power at any cost have been in vain once for all.

THANKS TO THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE WHO GAVE THEIR VOTE TO EPRDF!

If indeed Mr. Larcy (anonymous) is a European observer, we thank him for his good wishes to see a real democracy based on an electoral system that is not intertwined with the supreme court (judicial system that's NOT independent)...

Obviously the likes of Woyanes, such people and good wishes from outsiders is seen as a threat for their systematic ethnic distruction of Ethiopia, that much is obvious with people such as the above Woyane!

You know what...IF tigreans(woyanes) want to see Meles in power forever, fine. IF tigreans want to support this man who wins wars but humiliates every great tigrean ethiopian (true tigrean nationalists) and at the same time give more and more of Tigray land to Eritrea, that is fine too, I personally don't care if woyane is so proeritrea and so antiethiopia that they do this to their own ethnic people I have no problem with it. But I hate it when woyanes act and create propaganda under the guise of EPRDF as if all other major ethnic peoples of Ethiopia support Meles, this is in intelligent insult. Nobody but the overwhelming tigrean majority supports Meles no matter what, all others are opportunists that don't have a shed of desire to see anything good for the country or democracy but their own pockets...such is the woyane above who is so pro eprdf...and to say "thank you for voting for eprdf???"...you woyane idiots are not even on this planet...soooo hooked with the drug of power. Man, you'll need some serious rehabilitation!!!!

Fortunately, in a democracy (a real one that Mark suggested) tigreans or woyane will not rule as a minority but as only dictators and history will remember their treatury!

Tulu and Gebremeles

I do not think you guys have an open mind. It is ok if you are Weyanes but what makes me sick is that you want to call Tikur bere Key Bere. There were three elections during the Weyane Era and you said One in 2ooo years of Ethiopian history.
Nobody except Tigreans and few hodam from other ethnic groups ever elected Woyanes.
In the last 14 years Weyanes have brought nothing to Ethiopia except Misery. You gus are blind to the extent that you are blaming Opposition for the death of 40 youth who wrer murdered by the Agases (Agasi) militia.
I know you guys are beneficiaries of this regime you own everything now but don't lie like bere welede.
I doubt Tulu if you really are do you think the lives of the Oromos is getting better under this regime but you are same Gebremeles.

I am praying for you guys so that you can see and feel and like a human being.

Email: abebe@yahoo.com

City: edmonton

This is how much G/Sellasie is blinded. He posts the following as an evidence to attack Lacey as taking a side.

"On his initial comment he said, "I am not here to help any political party but to support democracy."
Contrary to that however; on his respose he said that, "The point is not who accepted what, but the systematic unfairness of the board."

He obviously thinks that any one neutral cann't and should't agree with opposition's views. The day I realize this guy is saying with all sincerity, I will start to love him for he is some one that needs our sympathy. I will honestly say, I am really sorry for all what I have said so far. Just confirm the above to me.

With love.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

JADU!

WHY DON'T YOU HOLD YOUR BREATH TILL YOU SEE RESPONSE FROM HIM?

Some of you keep forgetting that EU is a multi state and not everyone’s first language is English, but it is an tnternational language that helps to connect the world. So if I sound incorrect please do try to understand what I am trying to say.

I thank you all for your views, we are lucky to live in countries where we can express our views and feelings. Something that most Ethiopians can’t do at this moment in time.

I can understand the sensitivity of the election issue for all Ethiopians. As an individual I find it hard to say all went well when it didn’t. If we all accept lie and deceit it is the future of democracy in this country that suffers.

I have experienced two Ethiopia. The one that says the 40+ people killed deserve it and those who say, they are innocent. As a person who cherish my individual rights I find it hard to understand those who say they deserve it. These people reminds me of some White Americans during the civil right movement who hated African Americans and were happy when so many young black men were hanged and killed.

The level of poverty in Ethiopia, specially for a first time visitor like me is shocking and sad, unless you belong to the elite few. I am sure the reality for the majority of the people is misery and suffering.

On the day of the election, I have witnessed so many people, old and young, men and women who travelled for hours bare foot to cast their vote. Their absolute desperation to get out of their situation is something we shouldn’t ignore.

To Mark Lacey!

Why don't you give straight answer to the question, I raised about your lack of coherency rather than melding from here and there?

MR Gebremariame,

I urge you to learn to accept/respect other peoples views and opinions.

Thank god we are only having this conversation via the internet, otherwise you would propabley would have killd most of us in this forum because the PM would not accept it.

Mark Lacey!

There is no an issue of killing here rather it is about your coherency.

Netsanet:
Mamo Qilo, VJ, Tariku etc garbages are the aliaces of the MORON Mamo Qilo. Mamo Qilo in the "hahu besidist wer" of Tsegaye G/M is different from the Mamo Qilo on this screen. Mamo Qilo recently diagnosed and the result reads 'he suufers from recognition hunger. He is, in a way, also suffering from "MEGALOMANIA" i.e he has NOT properly measured himself. What he thinks of himself and the reality on the ground are in a constant conflict in his personal life. This has made him a confused person and made him too intellectually irrelevant.

Netsanet:
Am I right if I say you started using your aliace "Mamo Qilo" when you are cornered??? Mamo Qilo, you are a piece of ****. I have understood what type of person you are. you don't deserve any response. I am just trying to let others know that you are a psychopathic lier, a MORON and a piece of ****.

Netsi,
Read my reponse and try to reason out. I told you what EPRP did. And yet you DARE to say EPRP showed that much fascistic character and took fascistic acts just to defend its members. Alas, there you goofed. What if Hitler or Stalin or any other dictator say I killed thousands of people just to protect my people or my party members? What if the cold blooded killing machine, Mengistu H/M, says I killed all those in defence of my country, my people and my party members from EPRP, TPLF and Shabia? You condone him??? I want you to read again what I posted before. I have herein below reposted it for your benefit.
Netsanet:
It is NOT a question of liking or hating EPRP. It is NOT at all. You are way way off the mark. If you excuse me, what you said is bluntly spoken very stupid and ****tttttttttttt. I told you what EPRP did when it was active in the 1970s. I told you how many doctors, professors, highly learnt scholars and ordinary citizens were brutally executed and slughtered in a broad day light by EPRP. I told you about the 16 years old disabled boy hanged by EPRP scoundrels in the school compound. I told you about Dr. Mekonnen Shegene who was executed in a broad day light by EPRP mercenary thugs. I tried to convince you that EPRP was full of lawless genocidal thugs. I think I made a hard exercise to let you see the truth full face. After all these effort of mine, you come and say, "You hate EPRP". This is utterly nonsense. This is totally rubbish. It exposes what type of silly woman/girl you are. It is NOT a question of liking or hating. What I hate in life is hate itself. I have never ever passed a judgment on the basis of personal likes or dislikes. You are rather MADLY in love with EPRP and anyone who tells you the truth about EPRP is one who hates EPRP. huh, it is very sickening! I have been following you and reading your comments. I liked many of them. This time around you have clearly goofed. Don't rush to unwarranted conclusion. I told you about EPRP and its criminal past. If you think I have lied or exaggerated, just say it is not true or it is exaggerated. Try to argue with logic and try to reason out. Please try to make your own independent verification that what I told you about EPRP is 101% true. It is rather the tip of the ice berg. If one tells you all the criminal records of EPRP you may dare to say it is comparable to Mussolini's attrocities. Let me tell you some of the most outrageous crimes of EPRP. Dr. Getachew Maru, who was a CC member of EPRP, was killed by EPRP and after they killed him they did put his dead body in an old sack and dumped his body in one of the garbage corners of Addis Ababa. Birhanemeskel Reda narrowly escaped imprisonment and a subsequent brutal murder by EPRP. I told you also about the poor "setegna adari" slaughtered by EPRP. I told you also about the thousands of EPRP members executed and slaughtered being branded as "anja". What else do you want to hear? Netsi, keep an open mind. Don't close up. Your brain is wonder of wonders and use it excellently. Don't have a faith type allegiance to any political group. Finally, I want to tell you EPRP is a piece of ****. Bye for now.
Email: astuka@yahoo.com

Email: astuka@yahoo.com

City: Addis