Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Transparent Corruption (Justified by a leading TPLF Scholar)

Here is what ato Tulu, a known member of TPLF Tink Thank has to say why Prime Minister Meles's wife is allowed to buy Public enterprises at close to zero cost to her. Read and understand the mentality behind TPLF opinion leaders.

Dr. Tulu, a member of one of the leading TPLF "Think Thank" wrote:

"Dear Yegemel Chira

"About sale of Public Enterprises to MS. FIRST LADY.. you want to give it another individuals who could do even do better then her. If you agree it is ok to give the Ethiopian Telecommunication Company (ETC) to another individual I say why do you have problem with MS. FIRST LADY running it… I say the first lady must promise us give us cheap phone and fast service… if she can do that then I don’t see any problem… Why I choice Ms. First Lady because she is tasted running multi billion dollar enterprise … beside she have concection any business man or woman kill to have… If you know about business 98% is having the right conection… if you give it to any person without having the right conection he can’t do much. Another biggest advantage Ms. First lady has is she face zero red tap, corruption and delay from any kind of government worker is alone make her business so profitable… to get my idea you have to remove your hate cup they you put on your head."

His conclusion why she is the best person to run multi billion dollar private business is

(a) becuae of her husband conection she can run without bribing government officials.

(b) she can use her connection to get tax exemption and therefore run a profitable business, and

(c) she has already learned how to run business (complements of TPLF that has allowed her to practice running business by looting the public and using the money to establish a private business that benefited from her connection to her husband.

Ankasa Doro

MAMOMIAN: ONE PERSON MULTIPLE FACES

STOP MELDING THINGS FROM HERE AND THERE AND LABELING PEOPLE FOR THEIR OUT LOOK.

Re: Transparent Corruption (Justified by a leading TPLF Scholar)

Ankasa Doro

I will say it again Hailu Shawel's Wife also will be effective for the following reason

(a) becuae of her husband conection she can run without bribing government officials.

(b) she can use her connection to get tax exemption and therefore run a profitable business, and

(c) she has already learned how to run business (complements of CUD that has allowed her to practice running business by looting the public and using the money to establish a private business that benefited from her connection to her husband.

IF YOU BELIVE Hailu Shawel's Wife WILL NOT USE HER CONNECTION THAN YOU ARE REALLY Qilo

IF YOU ASK ME I DON'T CARE IF YOU GIVE Hailu Shawel's Wife ETC FOR ONE BIRR all I ask is Shawel's Wife to give me cheap phone and fast service that all I will ask...

Qilo, If I were you I should ask Shawel Wife to show me how much moeny she got. but Mr. Mamo Qilo you are so hate ful you only care about Meles' wife... all I am saying to you is everybody does it even Ms. clition does it so what wrong with Ms. First lady as long as she is running a profitable company I have no problem... if you tell the American business people having the right connection doesn't matter or should not matter they would have killing you on spoit because they will hate you so much they don't want to see you agian then again when they find out you are Qilo they would spare your life and put you on ER forum to reply qilo reply for eveyone

Mamo Qilo

Try to answer this let assume you are bank manager let also say you are managing bank of America Hailu Shawel's Wife and Meles's Wife come to borrow money would you give money to Meles's wife or Shawel's wife?

Second if you are manufacturer of huge machineries both Shawel's and Meles's Wife comes to you to ask you to take them as partnership which one would you consider taking as business partner... Imagine you are a foreign company nothing to do with Ethiopia… if you have a business sense and look at it from business point of view only would you rather take Meles's Wife business as business pertern then Shawel's wife

How about this assume their are 100,000 TPLF supporter living aboard and dying to invest in Ethiopia… if you are one of them would you invest in Meles's wife company or Sawel's wife company?

Even let's take one step further if Meles's wife want to collect money from those who supporter TPLF and investor who are only interested making money being Meles wife make hire more attractive to collect a lot of money then Sawel’s Wife.

Mamo Qilo instead of calling mass demonstration we should all buy share in Meles’s wife billion dollars enterprise… this way we share Meles’s wife ill gotten profit and help the profit to stay home by forcing her to share her ill gotten wealth with her investor. The more truth Ethiopian buy in to her company the more Meles’s wife work for us…if we can get 100,000 true Ethiopia who buy 100 dollars share then we can easy control 10 million share in her company that work hard for us. I think we can and we should make it happen

Dr. Tulu, a known member and leadign thinker of one of the most prominent TPLF Tink Thank suggests that there is nothing wrong with Prime Minister's wife running multibillion dollars enterprise, using her husbands connection and her tax free status. It is hard to argue with people like this. Other than to expose it ot the rest of the world to read his argument.

It is for the international community and for Ethiopian in the Diaspora to read his argument. Let us see if other TPLF members, such as Ato Gebreselassie Zemariam and Ato Mulugeta Assrate Kassa would reject his views and disassociate themselves from Dr. Tulu.

Ankasa Doro

I cannot believe my eyes reading what a respected TPLF scholar is writing. It is a shame Dr. Tulu is justifying the most blatant type of corruption as a good policy. If these are the scholars that are advising Meles and company, there is small wonder why Ethiopia is where it is.

Temesgen Mulatu Kasa

Dr. Tult thank you for being the window through which we see the thinking of TPLF tugs. May I ask what you PhD is in? Thank you.

T. Mershahun

Dr. Tulu,

Ghost Buster tells us that your are a brilliant loser who cannot handle a professional job. He said that based on your writig style you have BA in a good school, probably a small liberal college in New England such as such as Amherst and Williams College, that are known for providing sound foundation. Ghost Buster suggests that you have done your PHD in social science at Northeastern. He said you are good enough to teach at a small community college but lack disciplined, pedigree and gravitas to hold a tenure track position even in decent size state college. He convincingly argues that you seem bitter and sour when you write about other non-Tigrayan intellectuals from the same period who have been rewarded well by Meles, for example, Professor Endrias and Dawit Yohannes, Speaker of the House.

He suggested that you work a graveyard shift in collage library or supervisory position in a large parking garage in DC area that can afford him to post messages in the middle of the nights and early in the morning. (He also suggests that you are divorced and kicked from his house by your wife who was sick and tired of doing all the housework.

Now I can see why you act the way you do. In any case, what is your view onthis Qubbe thing?

Amkasa Doro

MAMOMINA!

ACCORDING TO THE RELIABLE SOURCES YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THE 35 ETHIOPIANS WHO WERE ACCUSED OF STEALING MONEY IN WASHINGTON DC PARKING LOT. HOW MUCH DID YOU AMASS AND HOW DID YOU GET AWAY WITH IT IF YOU DID?

What is fuuny is those CUD SUPPORTERS only want Transparent Corruption against Meles's Wife but they never ask the same question to Hailu Shawel's Wife how much money she have in her bank a/c. And how she make her money... in fact the question of Transparent and corruption must be condcted toward CUD,

Accusing Meles's Wife where she got all her money the easy part. But proofing what she got is looted is very difficult becuase nobody know how much she worth before her husb took over power...

TPLF has 100,000 freedom fighter. to run this arm you need money... Once the freedom acchive in 1991... TPLF doesn't need to feed 100,000 army.. that means TPLF the party have money to invest..

Let asume TPLF had one or ten million dollars on 1991... it is not easy to show that they work for the last 14years and make their money... their are many business people in Ethipia who started from few 1000 dollars now the run 100 million birr company... inculding business loan the get from the bank...

Now let me go back to my point Hailu Shawel's Wife has tell us right now how much money she has because we don't want call her name if she running million dollars company down the road... in fact CUD ALSO must be Transparent and free from corruption and allow anyone to see their a/c and keep their book open as long as they are in policis then only their earn the right to talk about Meles and he's companies...

The last thing I want to say this Mamo Qilo will not answer my question beside twisting my word.... regrdless this is my last thing I want to say about Meles' Wife...

As Mamo Qilo said Meles's Wife run multi billion dollar private business... My question is to any right minded person who have mulit billion dollar in Ethiopia that can invest at that level?

In fact if Meles wife stop her business their is no one that can replace her becuse no body have mulit billion dollars to begain with.

In short corruption is taking out samething out of the system... in case of Meles wife she is investing... who are those people working in her mulit billion dollars company? the poor ethiopians... who are benfited from this mulit billion dollars company product local business people who also creat another job for our poor people...

I will say it again and again if Meles wife take Mulit billion dollars and put it in Swiss bank than I will be the first to cry corrption... this is not the case... acordding to Mamo Qilo our first lady working hard managing those mulit billion dollars company? that is out of the reach of local business

Gebremeles,
You need to be investigated, yourself. Haven’t you gotten beat up for over charging your taxi passengers in Colorado and then you blamed them of racism? You are a pathetic soul!! May God teach you a big lesson.

Olano!

Do you live in DC area?

Olano!

You asked that, I should be banned from this forum. Is it because your mind has shrinked to level of where you cann't give answer or what?

Welcome to the world of shame and shamers!

Yilma,

What do you think of Dr. Tulu's justification of looting by TPLF.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo,

You seems very nice guys therefore I will reply for the last time say good bye... I have no vaule to add any more hahahaha.

Last time Meles jaild bank CEO, AND buSiness leader in the name of corruption. By putting those business leadeer and bank CEO what benfit Ethiopia get?

Think about it Meles use corruption charage as tool to hit back to those who are agianst his... Now the same wolf cry by CUD supporter is only the wolf cry it in not about corruption..

If it about corruption as I told you many time before lets registor CUD BANK A/C and make it open book for people to look at it before they take office... that is the only way we can find out the cud are not corrupt...

Once we did that we will ask meles TO open his book... this will be fair if you are thinking right but what you guys cry is to socre a point aginst Meles and Meles comp only that is not fair that by it self is a biggist corruption asking only Meles to open it's book...

Once we lay down the game rule and make it fair then we will reduce corruption putting business leaders and bank CEO doesn't help us because we are short suppoly of skilled people we can't affored to put them in jail.

One more thing

Yes! one more thing

What stop Meles' wife from looting Multi billion dollars and hide it in Swiss bank? Meaning without opening a single compnay she would still looted billion dollars... What is important and reality on the ground for poor people is they got a job and income and affored to life at confortable level that whole the poor people want they don't care Meles wife control multi billion dollars compnay as long the money is invested in side the country no hurm done...

This in not my idea there was a movment to give Afircan leaders who looted and keep the money in Swiss bank to bring the money and reinvested in their own country for exchange they will be give protection.. meaning the next best thing is investing locally how and where the money come form it is not out business that is how the Swiss Bank feel when they took OUR KING MONEY.

NOW if you don't like my idea of reinvesting local then we have to make fair for every one not to corrupt starting from CUD and all their wife they have to open their book first then I will join you unitl then good bye

Tulu,
How can you ask for their bank records when Meles and his cronies control every government? These people are evil geniuses, they know how to keep their tracks clean. It is tragic while many Ethiopians dying for a luck of piece of bread and a cup of water, these people run a multi million businesses in and out side of Ethiopia in a short time of fourteen years. It is called robbery in the broad daylight, my friend!!

Dr. Tulu admits Meles's wife is a loot. But the only consolation he has is that she is investing her loot in Ethiopia. This is the mentality previaling in TPLF camp. Dr. Tulu, shame on you.

Ankasa Doro

Tulu never stops to amaze me. Wow!! What an excuse for a looter? These people have taken food and medicine away from the sick and the hungry. Can you just imagine for a minute that some of these people haven’t eaten for days and are dying from luck of food? Have you ever missed breakfast or lunch and see how it feels? No way!!!! No excuse for this kind of cruelty.

Tulu,
Have you ever heard of a phrase called conflict of interest?

Email: gizemelataw@yahoo.com

City: Toronto

Oh ma Lord!

Tulu,

As Mamo Qilo said, its hard to respond to you because you lack common ground with the normal people.

Harriet Tubman said, "I freed a thousand slaves and I would have freed more if they had known they were slaves."

And someone else said, "ye chikan chikanet lemawek, ye eshohin eshohinet mawek yasfeligal", meaning if you grow up walking on "eshoh", you think thats the norm. So, for you the world of looting and illegal business is the norm as long as they give u a cheap service. I can imagine your background and I am sympathetic.

Just for the sake of it.....how on earth can you compare Wal Mart and Ms. Azeb's businesses dude?! EPRDF has a reputation of knocking out its customers by using a freaking government force freak! Wal Mart might have few lobysts that would get it favors from time to time, but so do its competitions! But in Ethiopia, if EPRDF companies want you out, you are out, thats it! The power is not balanced, u get me?! The competition doesn't only involve business strategies, it also involves the power of the government which is always in favor of EPRDF companies. Shove that down your throat and see if you can understand!

And why the heck does anybody need to ask how much money Hailu Shawel's wife has got?! Hailu Shawel is a legitimate businessman who made money through his hard work. He is an educated individual unlike either one of those sitting in the palace! He earned it his money the right way; if he hadn't, trust me by now, they would have thrown him to jail! Hailu Shawel had never been the Prime Minister, why do we need to investigate how much he or his wife has?! They got no gun and no army behind them! They go no court behind them that passes judgement on their competition and knocks 'em out of competition. Listen freak, what are you talking about speculating on the future of Hailu Shawul's wife and how she is going to use her connection if he becomes the Prime Minister and try to use that to justify Azeb Gola's actions? You are lost and a total illitrate! How the hell can you use something that didn't happen like that? And shove this down ur throat....if Hailu Shawel's wife does that in the future, she is going to be WRONG! Wenebede! Where did you get that mentality of doing it all dirty anyway?

Dear Mr. Qilo,

I talked about you and your backgroud and who I think you are not Dr. Tulu. Why did you twist my observation and lebel it on Dr. Tulu. You are a shrewed Menze full of dispicable motives. "MENZENA MERZE AYTERAM"

When was the last time your question your self?

I am afraid you are one shifty guy and spineless and hiding behind your Pc!

Please do not twist my observation, I am following what T.Resta said to you in August.

Gost Buster,

Why are you lying. The profile you constructed was that of Dr. Tulu. Why are you blaming me for it now?

Ankasa Doro

Ghost Buster,

You know it and I know it. What you wrote was about Dr. Tulu. By the way, you are not the only one who attacked Dr. Tulu in public lately. Ibrahim and Ali also attecked him for admitting in public and defending forcefully yhe right of TPLF to loot Ethiopia. Lately TPLF scholars have been at each others throat. May be this is a reflection of what s happening in the palace. We here conflicts arising within TPLF leaders.

Mamo Qilo

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

City: Virginia Beach, Virginia

What happened to Tulu and Ali? It was interestingto see pro Meles cadres attack each other and get reprimanded by Ibrahim, gebrelekuskus's handler on this forum.

Mamo Qilo