Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
African union about the opposition (CUD & UEDF)

AU Official: Ethiopian Vote Free And Fair, Opposition Complaints Exaggerated
By Joe De Capua
Washington
12 August 2005

De Capua interview with AU official mp3
De Capua interview with AU official ra
Listen to De Capua interview with AU official ra

A top official in the African Union has praised Ethiopia following the release of the final results of the May legislative elections. Patrick Mazimhaka, deputy chairman of the African Union Commission, calls the elections free and fair. He also comments on situation in Sudan, saying a big step toward peace was taken when a replacement for the late vice-president John Garang was quickly sworn in.

From Addis Ababa, Ambassador Mazimhaka spoke to English to Africa reporter Joe De Capua first about the aftermath of the Ethiopian elections.

He says, “Well, the African Union can only congratulate the Ethiopians for having gone through this painful exercise. I think the delays were not anybody’s fault, except that the opposition kept demanding to clarify things, to investigate things and the government and the electoral board were patient, so were the supporters. Now that the final results are in we are expecting that the issue’s over and next step is to form a government in Ethiopia come September.”

Ambassador Mazimhaka was asked if the political opposition had cause to challenge the results and make charges of irregularities. He says, “It’s always difficult to say. But I think it turned out, as investigations were carried out and our observers were there, that really the claims they had were grossly exaggerated. And the final results show indeed that they were exaggerated.”

Overall, how did Ethiopia handle the aftermath of the elections, which included violence? “I think the country handled itself very well, both the government and the people. There was indeed a scary moment…when the opposition tried to resort to violence and the government had to come in and stop that, unfortunately with the loss of some individuals. But following that, calm returned to the capital.”

Asked whether his comments mean he blames the opposition for elections problems and violence, Ambassador Mazimhaka replies, “It’s not really blaming the opposition facts…the riots that led to the deaths of people were indeed organized by the opposition – there’s no doubt about that.” He says that request to review about a hundred plus constituencies did result in delays, but he says “in the long run the elections were free and fair.”

As for the situation in Sudan following the sudden dearth of John Garang, he says, “I think the key question really was whether the SPLM would be able to replace John Garang immediately to continue where he left off. And I think they have done that. That’s a very important first step. And I see that the government of Sudan also welcomed the appointment of Salva Kiir Mayardit, which means they are prepared to work with the new leadership.”

He says now that the north/south peace deal is in place, he hopes the Khartoum government will take a “more bold move” toward peace in the Darfur region.

Re: African union about the opposition (CUD & UEDF)

Dear Ethiopian Review,

This man must not be left free for his prpagand service. He is doing this to secure his benefit form the governmet. So you have to find his and othere AU officials eamails and Ethiopians have to be called to make known the realities of Ethiopian and inform them from being aagainst Ethiopian people which is hosting the AU headquarters at the expense of their life. ?This has to be done now before they are disturbing the siituation.

Email: gg@yahoo.com

These are the same people who said Zimbabwe’s election was fair and free. Not surprised by their irresponsible action. But, the Ethiopian people are the judge of their destination. We should not allow corrupted officials curve our future. After all the Ethiopian people are the one who have to live in this terror. God help us, we have killers in power.

City: Portland, OR

What does patric knows about ethiopia and the oppositions? Just ignore him. Shame on him even Meles Cadres did not support the process like this. Look this is Africa! he is supposed to lead Africa in to prosperity but this corrupt guy spends most of his time in office bar drinking selection of alcohols. Do you think he pays his bill? No no, he has a budget drawn from the account of poor country ethiopia directly or indirectly. The only thing I want to know is how much many was included to his account by saying spitting this nonsense witness. "Ye aite misikirua dinbit nech". If I am not mistaken he is from Ruanda - model country of the fashist Meles.

Zeray deres

What do U expect from African Leaders? He might have got some amount of money from the EPRDF. And EPRDF is always generous to pay for those who support the regime. African Union has always impaired the democratisation process in Ethiopia.

Email: mastmelese@yahoo.com

City: India

Patrick Kayumbu Mazimhaka was elected the Deputy Vice Chairperson of the African Union Commission at the Second Ordinary Session of the African Union in July 2003 held in Maputo, Mozambique, in what was considered a hotly contested election (for which he has most probably got the support of Ethiopian government). He was until his election the Senior Presidential Advisor to the President of Rwanda on the Great Lakes.

It was while in Canada, that Patrick Mazimhaka came into contact with Rwandans in the Diaspora who were determined to return to their homeland in Rwanda. He soon became deeply involved in the Rwanda Patriotic Front (RPF) activities, which had been founded to launch a struggle against the Rwandan government that had denied citizens the right to return to their homeland. When the RPF launched an armed war on 1st October 1990 against the Rwandan government, Mazimhaka was appointed RPF's Commissioner for External Relations. He was later elected the Vice-Chairman of RPF in 1993, a position he held until 1998.

Source: africadatabase.org

I think you can figure out the similarity between this guy and EPRDF leaders and his motive for his comment in this interview.

City: Montreal

Hi,
I know the Ambasador comment is a fear that his people may follow suite and he will be then accountable for many blunders in his country. I think he has to scratch the back of Meles to reap the fruit of injustice. If he were a credible person, he would not say in public such immoral thing and would not put Africa in digrace. How can he try to justify the death of people as a fault of other people when he knows that killing of a single life can not be justified as a just move. Is he ready to justify that when his wife provokes him he can shoot and put the blame on her because she made him mad?
Shame on him! what kind of leaders do We Africans have?

Email: mokbezt

City: kitchner

Shameful-Patrick Kayumbu Mazimhaka!! We never expect good from African leaders because they are Dictators.

Please let us look for his address and tell him...

Email: btworkie2003@yahoo.com

City: Stuttgart

Ahiiii Ethiopia endew yanchi neger. Tikur Afrikawiw Saker bewishet mesekerebish. Endew min yishalish. Listen mother Ethiopia, just don't worry we Ethiopian will stand for you. Why you can expect from forigners if you own sons like Meles Zenawi and other HODAM HULU are dividing you in pieces and they are trying to kill you by dividing you sons and daughters in ethnic group. You know Ethiopia. We true Ethiopian love you and we will care about you. We don't care about TIKUR OR NECHOCH. Listen Ethiopia, this is the prelude of what the NECH European Union will gonna tell you. Tomowrrow will come EU's stetament in favour of the TPLF its HODAM supporters.

Email: and@music.com

City: Singapore

I find it difficult tounderstand how anyone would look at the trauma that the Ethiopian people have endured for the last 14 years and what they are facing now, to throw such irresponsible statement, particularly since the Deputy know very well the conduct of Melese's government. Needless to say the Deputy is in Meles'e camp, for whatever reason. But, please don't insult the integrity and intelligence of the Ethiopian people.

Email: zretta@scsny.org

City: Long Island City

Meles and his 'hodame' thugs will do any thing to justify the fake 'election'. They can bribe any one. They have collected enough money after engaging in a lot of murky business. They sucked our blood. This African hodam has most likely have a couple of 'Wushimas' and receive a kick to say what he had said. When we for a new government he will be the first who will be asked to leave the country(persona non grata) followed by Crark of the European commission. The former will go and look after his cattles. I do not understand why they meddle in the internal affairs of the country and tell a lie. He should have been a sheep herd in his country.

The EPRDF is a well organized "MAFIA" with ample fanancial resources, and in a continent of filthy leaders like africa, don't be surprised if Meles paid a couple of millions to get this statement out of this irresponsible "HODAM ENA KERSAM" official.

Email: aaa@yahoo.com

Oh my God! This is a complete outrage! anyway what do you expect -- the AU didn't even make a small sound when people were massacred -- students, children, women -- and now the (dis)honourable commissioner waits for the opportune(nistic) moment to speak on behalf of the AU. As if their silence was not enough (what happened to the NEPAD peer review hulabaloo that was being touted by all those pompous African ?leaders? -- or was it until you got something in the form of aid money out of your masters that you were making all that noise?), as if it was not a great shame that the AU so-called observers disappearance into bars and ... during the complaints investigation were not enough, now their (AU) commisioner is telling us that the opposition "tried to resort to violence" nad the government had to stop them and some individuals lost their lives!! I am really ashamed to be an African represented by people like this person who probably got paid a few hundred dollars to spew such incredible propaganda on behalf of his pay masters!! Shame, shame on you, shame on the AU.

The Ethiopian people will never forget this, nor will the poor and trodden of Africa!!

To Teddy

It seems that you are an illegal beneficiary of the current thug regime. I suspect you received a land or a hose illegal from the current regime. Be prepared to return whatever benefit you received illegally. Sooner or later you be brought to justice.

This is just another minority watching out the back of another minority in power. Real Justice does not work out for minorities in a leadership position. They just have to revert to their weapons to silence the majority. This useless corrupt ambassador should not have any role in deciding our country's fate.

unbelievably. I can`t believe how the AU diplomatic coment the election and use such kind of words to support the dictator gov.

I just say I am verry sorry

Email: yohannes@centrum.cz

City: prague

http://www.waltainfo.com/Conflict/BasicFacts/2005/Aug/state1.htm

AU is a corrupted organization made up of dictators and enemies of Africa

Email: asiye@yahoo.com

City: TN

Patrick Kayumbu Mazimhaka was elected the Deputy Vice Chairperson of the African Union Commission at the Second Ordinary Session of the African Union in July 2003 held in Maputo, Mozambique, in what was considered a hotly contested election (for which he has most probably got the support of Ethiopian government). He was until his election the Senior Presidential Advisor to the President of Rwanda on the Great Lakes.

It was while in Canada, that Patrick Mazimhaka came into contact with Rwandans in the Diaspora who were determined to return to their homeland in Rwanda. He soon became deeply involved in the Rwanda Patriotic Front (RPF) activities, which had been founded to launch a struggle against the Rwandan government that had denied citizens the right to return to their homeland. When the RPF launched an armed war on 1st October 1990 against the Rwandan government, Mazimhaka was appointed RPF's Commissioner for External Relations. He was later elected the Vice-Chairman of RPF in 1993, a position he held until 1998.

Source: africadatabase.org

I think you can now figure out the similarity between this guy and EPRDF leaders and his motive for his comment in this interview.

City: Montreal

I have never been proud of African leaders and diplomats, except few, in my life. This one is humilating us. He is just talking with out observing and thinking. Please any one who knows him forward his e-mail address and phone number. And also he should be registered under liar witness of woyane in our history.

Enemies are coming from different direction. May god protect Emama Ethiopia.

Email: woyinedo@yahoo.com

City: Boston

Guys,

This was posted by "gagi" on Medrek, on of the illustrious guys standing up against woyane cadres and making invaluable remarks on democracy in Ethiopia(his opinions are always must reads). Thanks gagi for ferreting out this imposter, Patrick Mazimhaka. Since I was thrown out of Medrek for no reason than my distaste to Woyane, I am forced to complement you on a differnt Medrek.

gagi
The Deputy Chariman of the AU Commission has indeed been deliberately blunt and undiplomatic. I know why.

This man is from Rwanda. He himself claims to be an ex-fighter in RPF. He is a buddy of Paul Kagame- another liberation fighter turned dictator. Kagame and Meles are two pseudo-democrats who duped the world. The two regimes have a lot of things in common.

In short, this shameless Ambassador is promoting his own government's political interest. Kagame and this so called diplomat must have been bought for Meles and co. Interhamwe accusation of the opposition. His words are not that of a diplomat but as one of Ethiopian Minister like Bereket Simon. It is a Rwandese ruling regime speaking in the name of the Afican Union; nothing else! That is a shame for the ever shameful organization comprised of brutal dictators.

Anyone who wishes to send complaint to the AU Commissioner H.E. Mr. Alpha Oumar Konare himeslf, here is his e-mail address: KonareAO@africa-union.org

H.E. Mr. Patrick Mazimhaka
Tel: (251) 1 51 77 00 ext 124
Fax:(251) 1 51 78 44

This link is For Patrick CV
http://www.africa-union.org/AU_pages/CV-PMazimhaka.PDF

We should send an email to these two people. H.E. Mr. Alpha Oumar Konare is the chairperson of AU.

H.E. Mr. Alpha Oumar Konare
Tel: (251) 1 514554 / (251) 1 51 77 00
ext 120
Fax:(251) 1 513036
e-mail: H.E. Mr. Alpha Oumar Konare
KonareAO@africa-union.org

Political Affairs
Mrs. Julia Dolly Joiner
Tel: (251) 1 51 77 00 ext 134
Fax:(251) 1 525855
e-mail: JoinerDJ@africa-union.org

The following from the Ambassadors Donor Group was also posted on Medrek by SODO. Thanks Sodo. Their statement is actually more important than that sell out Patrick. Read

Ambassadors' Donor Group Statement

August 12, 2005

Following the announcement by the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEB) on August 9 of further election results, the Ambassadors' Donor Group (ADG) in Ethiopia notes that those declared to date give a majority to the Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF). The ADG underscores once again its support for the democratization process and our willingness to continue our partnership with the Ethiopian people, government, and political parties to build on these historic elections and the resultant more vibrant multi party system. The ADG reiterates its support for the electoral process in Ethiopia, and underlines the importance of the June 10 Joint Declaration by political parties in which they committed to use only the established legal electoral mechanisms, including the courts, to determine the outcome of the elections and affirmed their commitment to abide by the results. We note reports of irregularities in the process, but we await the publication of the findings of the international observer missions, which will provide a basis for working with all parties to strengthen the democratic system further. We refer to our statements of May 20, June 8, and June 29 as indication of some of our concerns and areas of focus for our partnership in future. We call on all parties to approach this new chapter in their political history in a spirit of exclusivity, through constructive dialogue and avoiding violence, and thereby help ensure that the country emerges form these important elections with a deeper commitment by Ethiopians of all views to the democratic process and a peaceful future.

Such an audcious remark on the declaration of the recent election results from an official of the so called AU at this juncture, shows the abysmal and and very low standards of those occupying office in this degraded organistion. It is a smear on the fundamental cause and aim of this once remarkable institute of African honour and dignity. How such a spokesman occupied this high office of the organisation should be investigated by all concened for the sake of the health and future works of the Union.

Email: sunn@chello.se

City: Stocholm

I should have been surprised if AU denouce Meles. Who are the people in AU? aren't they the Murderer Mugabe and The Darfur killer Al beshir?

What do you expect from AU? This guys opnion is not a big thing

BUY THEM A BEER, THEY WILL SAY WHAT EVER YOU WANT, I KNOW THESE AFRICAN DIPLOMATES!!!!

Let me tell you another good news, Ato Ledetu is about to come back as a spokes person of CUD, they compromised all the differences and agreed to work together, GOOD NEWS, GO CUD!, GO UDEF!

Email: ethiopia_tinur@yahoo.com

City: USA

These are his assistants, he could get the email through them.

Director, Bureau of the Deputy Chairperson
Mr. Vianney Shumbusho
Tel: (251) 1- 525629
Fax: (251) 1-525840
E-mail: ShumbushoV@africa-union.org

Special Assistant to the Deputy Chairperson
Marie-Claire U.Bisamaza
Tel: (251) 1 52 58 66 (Direct)
(251) 1 51 7700 ext 343
Fax: (251) 1 52 58 40
Email: Umubyeyimc@africa-union.org

The process of observing the situation at the right place and the right time is quite different from setting in the Star Bucks coffee shop. Secondly, you don't need to oppose everyone for not having the daydream you have. Sometimes, you need to let it go and stop crying. The game over the election will be over pretty soon. You have two options to make. Send the elected PM to the parliament or let them go for ever and their party who represent. We have to move guys. Don’t call more trouble. We Ethiopians have a lot to do, enough to complain so much like a baby.

Forget him. He is one of Senseless, stupid african leaders. You can see now why africa is backward. It is only because we have such people in those important place.

Never underestimate what Meles and his co. can do with the poors money. It will buy them stupid leaders like the one who is talking on the VOA.
When will africa get leaders like Mandela once again?

Thanks,

AT

Email: ayalew03@hotmail.com

Oppositon's Immediate and strong response critical

Ambassador Patrick, the person who didn’t utter a word when tens of civilians were murdered in front of his eyes came out to condemn the opposition at a time he thinks that he is sure where the power balance is. Very few EPRDF officials state as assertively as he did about opposition's involvement on the June 8 violence: “It’s not really blaming the opposition facts…the riots that led to the deaths of people were indeed organized by the opposition – there’s no doubt about that” This is not a statement, it is a full blown accusation in an obvious attempt to pave the way to Meles’s grand schemes. It has to be addressed as such.

It is incumbent up on the opposition to make an immediate and strong reply to this Ambassador at AAU and all concerned and demand for an immediate apology. This so called, Ambassador has also shamelessly blamed the opposition for the delay NEBE has created to the opposition “I think the delays were not anybody’s fault, except that the opposition kept demanding to clarify things, to investigate things and the government and the electoral board were patient, so were the supporters” which actually is an apparent admission that he has never been an impartial observer. Honestly speaking, the infamous, Bereket Simon would have said nothing different.

Failing to address this accusation with the at most seriousness is an obvious invitation for total diplomatic disaster.

For those of you, who would like to communicate AAU officials, I have posted some addresses below. I couldn’t get Ambassador Patrick’s e-mail

Chairperson,
ext 120
e-m ail: KonareAO@africa-union.org
ShumbushoV@africa-union.org
Director, Bureau of the Deputy Chairperson
Mr. Vianney Shumbusho
Tel: (251) 1- 525629
Fax: (251) 1-525840
E-mail: ShumbushoV@africa-union.org

Special Assistant to the Deputy Chairperson
Marie-Claire U.Bisamaza
Tel: (251) 1 52 58 66 (Direct)
(251) 1 51 7700 ext 343
Fax: (251) 1 52 58 40
Email: Umubyeyimc@africa-union.org
Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

The problem is none of you want to hear different kind of view from any prospective, that’s the problem please don’t be blind that is the truth, because he is from Africa doesn’t mean he didn’t express the WEST feeling the same time and that’s the reality don’t blame him blame yourself the lousily job you had done. Again soon or later wester will speak up.

Hello Fellow Ethiopians.

Do you see the pattern now.
Alamudin's link to africa union
His law suit in US agains the poor radio owner
Meles's sueing the ethiopians and tensae radio
And of all thing the AU ambassadors support for meles's government.

Try to make a connections between all this.
These are all my personal believe and I don't who elase will share with me.

Thanks,

Jo

Email: jo@hotmail.com

City: aa

African Union is an organization full of tugs and little belly dictators like Meles,if they are standing for African people why they spend four decades with out a single achievement.It doesn't even say anything when innocent people and people rallying for democracy killed in their backyard .To make the long story short, African Union is a joke.

Email: dlemma60716@aol.com

City: V BECH

Kebede Ali:

You are banned for 2 days for engaging in insults.

Mederator

IT SOUNDS THE GUY ONLY KNOWS ABOUT ETHIOPIA AND ETHIOPIANS FROM HIS COCKTAILS AT THE SHERATON WITH TPLF OFFICIALS.

THE GUY MAKES ME SO SICK, HE DOES NOT DESERVE MY COMMENT.

It is indeed shocking to read the comment made by this AU official! Truly, one would only expect such a statement from the the likes of the Propoganda and Misinformation Minister Bereket Simeon!!! In fact, it makes one curious if this statement was given in the name of the African Union or this was the named official's personal statement. Either way, though, that this is shameful and disgraceful to the African Union since it utterly denies the reality that the whole world witnessed, i.e., the massacre of forty peaceful demonstrators by the brutal and Stalinist regime and detention and torture of thousands of Ethiopians. It is in full contempt to the Ethiopian people!!! It is also in absolute contradiction with the official statements given by other third parties including the honorable members of the United States Congress and the European Union expressing thier concern about and condemning the fascistic acts of the TPLF regime. One wonders as to when Africa will be liberated from such unscruplous, gluttonous, and irresponsible leaders!!! They have no sense of moral integrity and principle and are guided by their myopic and selfish interests!!! In my view, such leaders and others in the so called Yara foundation who not only condone but also glorify this despotic regime share responsibility for the plight of our people since the regime effectively uses them as its mask to defend its terrorist acts!!! The struggle must continue until we secure our freedom and become owners of our beloved country Ethiopia!!!

Chairperson (AU)
Tel: (251) 1 514554 / (251) 1 51 77 00 ext 120
Konareao@africa-union.org

Deputy Chairperson
mazimhakap@africa-union.org

http://www.africa-union.org/AU_pages/fmContact.htm

Patrick Mazimhaka

Patrick Kayumbu Mazimhaka was elected the Deputy Vice Chairperson of the African Union Commission at the Second Ordinary Session of the African Union in July 2003 held in Maputo, Mozambique.

Patrick Mazimhaka was raised and educated in Uganda, having left Rwanda as a young boy during the aftermath of the 1959 Rwanda 'revolution', which witnessed a large exodus of Rwandan refugees to Uganda.

Patrick Mazimhaka was appointed the Minister of Youth, Sports and Cooperatives in the RPF government in 1995, one year after the RPF had ousted the regime of Juvenile Habyarimana in April 1994. He held this portfolio until 1996, when he was made Minister of Rehabilitation and Social Affairs. A year later he was appointed Minister in the Office of the President until 2000, when he was made a Special Envoy of the President.

Moderator, you become more troubling and stubborn repeatedly deleting people messages who don’t support your cause would mind if you can tell me how the hell you claim yourself moderator? correct me if I am wrong. other thing also, you always clamming that they ban because of their hate message but I read so many hate messages toward to my fellow citizens but you allowed those views so tell me, if you are fare moderator?

It is very sad to hear this kind of untrue statement given by vice chair of the African Union. He has to ask an apology for what he has said with VOA interview.

Email: seleshe@sbcglobal.net

City: San Diego,CA

What do you expect from the arrogant and corrupt deputy chairman of the African Union Commission. What does Patrick Mazimhaka know about elections anyway? For an African leader an election is a nightmare. They make their way up to high positions through corruption and killing. So the loss of 40 individuals is little to him. He probably thinks that they deserve it and is establishing precedent for other African countries under un elected rulers that if the people protest against a dictatorial regime and fraudulent elections they will punished. He is probably being paid or is expecting payment form Meles or somebody who has some interest in the perpetuation of this corrupt Ethiopian government. As long as they fill up their guts and pockets with stolen money from poor Africans they don’t care about anybody else. This irresponsible leader should be condemned for contribution to Africa’s chronic problems of starvation, poverty, disease etc. etc. and should be removed form his position.

Even the nations familiar with elections and democracy have denounced the Ethiopian government and the elections.
As an example BBC news reported on Wed, August 10:
“In Ethiopia, 60% of arable land is underused because of a combination of forced migration and redistributed food aid -- and the leaders brutally gun down those who protest against clear electoral deficiencies.”

Email: amelaman@sbcglobal.net

Patrick Mazimhaka, member of the extremist Rwanda's Hutu regime, turned up to become a subservient lackey of the TPLF regime, and a second spokes person for the dictatorial murderous government of Ethiopia.

Pat, would you please do us a favor? Stop putting the blame on the laps of the opposition parties. Just Shut your mouth up and go back to Rwanda, and kill more Tutsis as your savage government did in the mid 1990s. God knows, you might be one of those Hutus who hated to see the co- existence with other tribes, besides your own. The Hutus can be identified with the TPLF thugs, both of you are cold blood murderers, robbers, and liars who committed heinous crimes,just to stay on power.
Ethiopia does not need such biased statement coming out such a filthy and unbridled mouth of yours. Where were you Mr. commissioner,when over 40 plus people were massacred, and many hundred of them were wounded? Now you are coming out of the wood work and making such blatant accusations against the opposition parties, in support of your dictatorial friend of TPLF, who lack decency and maturity.

I know why you did not voice your opinion two months ago. You used to be living in a glass house and you did not want to throw rocks, at the brutal, and dictatorial TPLF regime. That is understandable considering the retaliation you might have gotten in kind from your brood of vampires, who might have accused you of the genocide you committed where close to 1,000,000 Tutsis were brutally slaughtered by the Hutu extremist savage government of yours.

The statement you made is in essence a one sided congratulatory message designed to come out and support the TPLF for the massacre of many unarmed Ethiopian students just for exercising their constitutional rights. Such biased statement of yours did not sit well with those who lost their loved ones, as well as with the 99% of the population who voted out your friends the(TPLF )thugs, out of their offices.

We know where you, and the AU stand when it comes to tackling problems facing Africa. Neither you nor the African Union is doing anything to alleviate African problems. It is an organization full of hypocrites, and cowards who are afraid of spaking their minds.

Why don't you close down this useless organization, pack up your bags and join your brothers in arms of the TPLF murderous regime.

Email: gebregzeek@hotmail.com

City: southbrookeridge

Deputy Chairperson
e -mail: MazimhakaP@africa-union.org

AU stand for what it stands for? suposed it sshall stands for democracy humanright....etc but it shows that the oter way around standing with dictators courpted offical is losing what the AU stand deply sory the whole africans popletion spcaly for ethiopia

Email: merdsageda@sbcglobal.net

City: oakland ca

What do you expect from these bunch of blood sucking monkeys. Excuse my language but this guy probably did same thing (kill lots of people) in his own country before he got to this positon. In my opinion, the AU is full of a banch of blood sucking, stupid scams, with no morals of any kind. The AU is one of the most useless organization in the world, except its presence in addis my generate some revenues. But, as an organization it is less than useless, it is full of a banch of parasites, stealing from thier own poor people and living above anyone. While thier own people don't even afford daily bread, they live in luxurey homes both in Africa and in western worlds. Their kids attend colleges with all expenses paid, including cars and lots of more money for spending.
What is even sad is that their kids are even dumber than thier corrupt parents that they are the least achieving students at almost any campus.

It is pretty sad, we kept hearing the unexpected!!

My God's mercy be upon us.
HB

Email: henok@hotmail.com

City: NY

AU stand for what it stands for? suposed it sshall stands for democracy humanright....etc but it shows that the oter way around standing with dictators courpted offical is losing what the AU stand deply sory the whole africans popletion spcaly for ethiopia

Email: merdsageda@sbcglobal.net

City: oakland ca

First the EU, albeit discreetely and diplomatically, and now the AU BLUNTLY, African style I may add, have told the opposition to stop the crying and accept the people's verdit with grace. The election was about allowing the Ethiopian people to choose their government through their votes freely and fairly. And they have done that successfully. They have chosen EPRDF to be their government for the next five years. EPRDF should not and will not compromise on its election victory. The opposition parties need to cut short their "Disneyland vacation" and come to terms with the reality of EPRDF's election triumph as soon as possible.

I think it is good if we contact the chairperson of AU H.E. Mr. Alpha Oumar Konareto express our dissatisfaction on Patrick's interview with VOA at:
Chairperson

ext 120

We have to send a barrage of emails condemening this act. It is no less that approvall of state sponsored murder.

Email: shyohannes@yahoo.com

City: nashville

It doesn't surprise me that an ignoorant head of AU is commenting about the situation in Ethiopia. By the way please ask him how much Meles regime paid him to speak on behalf of Meles's regime. We all know AU or the former OAU deplomats in Addis. The are the one who destroy Africa. What does he know about Ethiopia and Africa? He is an empty vessel. Taking the people's money in the name of AU from donors the AU ambasodors like this fellow knows only enjoying thier life. As far as we all Ethiopians know this guy and others like him are at Addis AU's head quarter to robe Africa and spread HIV in the country going to prostitutes after a sip of whiskey. That is their life and job other than working on tacklingt Africa's problem. They destroy and what some good donors from Western try to build. Thus, we Ethiopians should not listen to such absurd statment and a cheap selfsh person like the deputy.

Email: ttu@yahoo.com

What a shame to Mr. Patrick Mazimhaka. I wonder how much $$$ spent by the Weyane lobeyst???

The African Union

President Joachim Chissano of Mozambique
Chairman of the African Union (AU)

H.E.Thabo Mbeki , President of the
Republic of South Africa

General Information on the African Union

Contact Information for all African Union delegates (make "African Union
Representatives" hot and but tie it to this url:
http://www.africa-union.org/AU_pages/fmcontact.htm )

Selected African Union Representatives to send Petitions,
Letters and Urgent Action Releases:
Chairperson
Tel: (251) 1 514554 / (251) 1 51 77 00 ext 120
e-mail: KonareAO@africa-union.org

Deputy Chairperson

Permanent Delegation of the African Union
Geneva, Switzerland
36, Rue des Paquis
C.P. 127
1211 Genève 21
Suisse
Tel.: 00 41 22 716 06 40
Fax: 00 41 22 731 68 18
E-mail: mission-observer.au@africanunion.ch
or AU-Geneva@africa-union-gvao.org
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Executive Secretariat of the OAU to the United Nations
New York, USA
Tel: 00 1 212 319 5490-94 / 00 1 212 319 5861
Fax: 00 1 212 319 7135 / 00 1 212 319 6509
E-mail: a.kebe@undp.org, amadouk@aol.com, mteferi@un.int and akebe@un.int, africanunion@un.int
-------------------------------
Bureau of the Chairperson
Director, Bureau of the Chairperson
Mrs. Margaret Vogt
Tel: (251) 1 525838
Fax: (251) 1 513036
E-mail: VogtM@africa-union.org

Deputy Director, Bureau of the Chairperson
Mr Diallo Lamine M.
Tel: (251) 1 525869
E-mail: DialloMLA@africa-union.org

Press Attaché
Mr Adam Thiam
Tel: (251) 1 525854
E-mail: ThiamA@africa-union.org

Office of the Legal Counsel
Mr Ben Kioko
Tel.: (251) 1-517700 Ext 227
Fax : (251) 1-517844
E-mail: olc@africa-union.org

Directorate of Political Affairs
Mr Jean Mfasoni
Tel.: (251) 1-517700 Ext 216
Fax : (251) 1-517844
E-mail: dpolitical@africa-union.org

Permanent Office of the AU
Brussels, Belgium
Tel: 00 322 02 346 9747 / 00 322 02 346 9748
Fax: 00 322 346 9728 / 00 322 463 1671
E-mail: africanunion@skynet.be

Commission on Human and People’s rights
Banjul, The Gambia
Tel: 00220 392 962
Fax: 00220 390 764
E-mail: achpr@achpr.org

AU Southern Africa Regional Office (AU/ SARO)
P.o.box: 30898
Lilongwe, Malawi
Tel: +265 1 775 335
Fax: +265 1 775 330
E-mail: oau-saro@malawi.net

Ms. Susan Sikaneta,
executive secretary of AU/SARO

Thank you for posting the contact info for this
jackass commissioner. Now let's make him eat his
words. Please note his most infuriating statement
below. Let's demand that he apologize to the Opposition Leadership.

Asked whether his comments mean he blames the opposition for elections problems and violence, Ambassador Mazimhaka replies, “It’s not really blaming the opposition facts…the riots that led to the deaths of people were indeed organized by the opposition – there’s no doubt about that.” He says that request to review about a hundred plus constituencies did result in delays, but he says “in the long run the elections were free and fair.”

Email: kinijit2005@hotmail.com

City: Portland

This is part of the dirty political game devised by EPRDF to get support from other observers espesially from Carter Center.

Email: buna@yahoo.com

Please reavel the truth. How can you claim the outcome of the election is free and fair provided in Ethiopia of hunger, unemployment, and similar ascending social crisis since the EPRDF(TPLF) seized power in 1991.Do better inorder to feel good. Learn a lot from the past . Asfaras possible donot foget your elders who fought for their freedome. REMEMBER the visione of Nikruma, HailleSellasie and Abrhams and lately of Mandela.

Email: fmelka@bluewin.ch

City: Zurich

What do you expect from these corrupt African leaders. Should we be surprised at that? I don't think it was a worthy news article and should not have been circulated. They made no official statement since the May 15th election, right? Why now? All of Africa and specially those who are in leadership positions are threatend by the wave of democratic movements around the world.

Email: gojame@yahoo.com

Dear Ethiopian's and African friends

Ambassador Mozimhaka's assessment hugely lacks credibility. By the way he is the only non-EPRDF person to accuse the opposition as inciters of violence. Very sad.

When people of his postion talk something of such grave mangitude, they need to have hard facts. We know that even Meles and his TPLF allies could'nt prove the opposition were the ones who incited the violence. If that wasn't the case, top CUD and UEDF officials would have by now been languishing in jail.

If he is accusing the opposition for the loss of life, I don't expect him to tell the world about the fairness of the whole election process.

I think we need to demand vigrously to the Chairperson of the OAU, H.E. Mr. Alph Oumar Konare, to retrieve his deputy's statement and consequently apologize for the opposition and the people of Ethiopia at large. Please also email both the main culprit and his boss about this matter.

God bless Ethiopia!!

City: Edmonton, Canada

To: Patrick Mazimhaka, deputy chairman of the African Union Commission

You remind me the saying, “Birds of the same feather flock together.”

Email: fakalu51@hotmail.com

Guys,

What you expect from corrupted african diplomats? Meles may provided him some prostitutes and dined him in sheraton. So we shouldn't be surprised. AU first of all they didn't keep their house in order rather thank commenting about demorcacy. Any ways, we need the struggle continue lets support the Tensae media by fund raising to back them and by giving more information on Meles and its begger governament corruption. I think Tensae radio and sites like ethiopian review are playing the infromation emporment role. Specially, Tensae radio is pain on meles and his dicatotrial gov by providing critical uptodate information to the ethiopian people where all the media is controlled by meles and its begger government. So, let's keep Tensae radio keep running because information is a great power. God bless the people in Tensae radio, ethiopian review, Ethiomeda and others who provides us with the latest uptodate information on the current movement in ethiopia

Email: Ykeb_2005@hotmail.com

City: Atlanta, GA

Hey,
Commit mascare,
Starve millions,
Imprison every oppsition

AU will approve you as a wineer!

This is a sad formula of Democarcy for Africa.
Unbelivable But reality

Dear friends,

I don't think we need to waste our time on Woyane's LOBBIYSTS. WE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE.We need to focus our attention to OUR PEOPLE. Our vote has been stolen. We need to go back to our people and mobilize them to restore our vote.Those of us in the diaspora need to make demonstrations all over the world. We need to do this ASAP. Our discussion need to focus how we are going to organize this huge diplomatic endeavour. Our leaders need to organize mass demonstrations inside the country starting in Addis and expanding to other cities.

Nestanet

I am not surprised to hear from a corrupt official that only cares about his balloon belly.
These are leaders who never care when Millions were slaughtered in Rwanda. Why should he care for tens as long as he can easily get corrupt by Melese.

No wonder Africa is the poorest continent in this world. Africa ruled by corrupted, totalitarian and shortsighted leaders. Another despotic African ruler represented this diploma. We have witnessed a couple of weeks a go when political prisoners returned to the brutal Melese's government by another dictator. Democracy is the enemy of African leaders. This should not stop our people from struggling against Meles’s regime

Email: yilmagirma@yahoo.com

City: Denver

PLEASE TELL THIS GUY THAT HE DOESNOT KNOW THE REALITIES IN ETHIOPIA OR NORHE UNDERSTANDS HIS JOB VERY WELL. THIS PROVE TO US THAT THE AFRICAN OFFICE IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN OFFICE FOR THE MEETING PLACE OF THE DICTATORS. IF HE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT POLITICS LET HIM LEARN FROM BONO OR BOB GELDOF. THEY KNOW EVRY DETAIL ABOUT AFRICAN POLITICS, ESPECIALLY ETHIOPIA. WE ARE ASHAMED OF THIS FELLOW. LET HE ENJOY HIS DINNER PARTY WITH THE KILLERS.

TELL HIM TO SHUT HIS BIG MOUTH OR GO TO SCHOOL AGAIN.

Email: girmabelay@yahoo.com

City: London

This is what I call "Mental Prostitution" by politicians. It is contagious, if tolerated. Let's do our best to slow it down if not eradicate.

It is one man opinion. He is entitled to his opinion. even if I do not agree to his witness, and observation I strongly belive it is unethical to insult his integrity. I see it from different perspective: Had this official said opposite to what he had said, he would have been considered as hero, resonable and fair to most of the opposition supporters like me. since that didnt happen, I take it and move on to the opinions of individuals whose saying influnce ethiopian poltics.

Email: anti_woyane@hotmail.com

City: water melon

Reminder to compatriot Ethiopians.

Africans hate Ethiopians. Everyone should know this. They are also struggling to move Africa Union out of Ethiopia. This they can succeed only under the anti-Ethiopian Meles regime. They have to help him, anyway. This is good strategy they have. They want Ethiopia to plunge into bloodshed and anarchy by a perfect dictator, Meles, and then cry that AU is unable to operate in this troubled and poor nation, and we better move it somewhere, they ask. That is the strategy in mind. Or else, l;et alone the diplomats, evey ordinary African knows the brutal Woyane and Meles. A friend of mine from Zanzibar told me how ruthless Meles is. Kenyans, Ugandans, and may be others also have the same attitude.

This guy speaks not the reality he sees in his own eyes but the strategy he belongs to.

You will see in due couse when the country plunges into bloodshed, he will be one of the Africans to ask for the relocation of African Union headquarters.
Meles asked to maintain AU's presence in Ethiopia not because he was interested in Ethiopia's name but to benefit from economic and other advantages for his ethnic group.

He and his clique are the number one haters of Ethiopia and Ethiopians in her thousands of years history. He will never be forgotten as the killer of an old nation, for a thousand years to come. The rest of Africa also hating us, Meles and they are in one group, anti-Ethiopian.

We dont expect anything from them, anyway. One thing is that even if the impotent AU supports the people or not, it wont matter. It is only us who can free ourselves from serfdom.

Mind you they were also condemning us when Eritrea invaded us. That means they are at all interested in the truth but to their own advantage. When we crushed the invaders out, they were crying foul as loudly as Eritreans themselves. They have their own plan, whatsoever.

Also we cannot forget most African diplomats have corrupt background and most have not yet made their fortune tath they are still striving to make thei living. Meles party is rich controlling most of the national resources, including land, that it can pay such corrupt officials which make them keep quiet for the sake of luxurious life. The opposition parties cannot pay them as Meles party does. It is common sense.

Let us fight Woyane for freedom of our people and land from absolute tyrany.

Email: abathun@yahoo.com

City: BD

I think we should all write what we think about his comments directly to him. And show him "ethiopiawi chewanet too"

Deputy Chairperson

A top official in the African Union has said,"Now that the final results are in we are expecting that the issue's over and next step is to form a goernment in Ethiopia come september."Mr. Mazimhaka, I assure you it is not over,rather it is the beginning.You call the elections free and fair. What a lie.The outcome of the election not accepted by the opposition parties.The CUD and UEDF started challenging the election results.They had filed court petitions on election results.Sooner or later you would be surprised with the final result of the election.WE STAND UNITED.

Email: dahab@mts.net

City: Winnipeg

Joe De Capua's interview with the AU deputy is a disgrace to Africa and democracy in general. Coming from Rwanda, a nation that suffered huge attrocities at the hands of its leaders, the Ambassador should have done better. Does anyone has the address of the AU secretary so that we can write our complaints to him? Writing to the Meles appologist and buffoon is a waste of time.

Abebe

Email: denhaim@aol.com

City: NY

AU is nothing but a bunch of corrupted African Leaders who don't bother about African People. They are simply incompetent to lead the continents but they qualify some criteria to serve the interest of the west. The people is not primary to them.

Email: wegenetenesa@yahoo.com

Dear Ethiopians,

what you expect from this what he call him self deputy chairman of frican tyrant leaders representative he give what we expect don't blame him he is doing his job bcz we can't give hime money for his truthness but meles can offer him our money through donors let's fight for our right no one will give us

God Bless Ethiopia

Email: babunana@yahoo.com

City: dubai

Dear Mr Your Ex:

Your comments lead me to raise the question:

Haven't your parents teach you "there is an answer that is called 'I do not know' when you do not"?

Please answer that question. The problem lies there!!

Otherwise, do not just quote the state-run media in your interviews talking about an opposition! You need to do your homework before you just 'spit' this shameful comment on an international radio. It is time that applogized for your comments!!

Anti- Weyane,

You wrote: "It is one man opinion. He is entitled to his opinion." No he should not involve himself in Ethiopia's or any other country's internal affiar. International and regional organization are expected to stay out of internal politics of member countries. This is why you do not hear the ECA making such outlandish statement supporting either the opposition or the government.

The moron Ambassador is known in Addis circles for hanging out with TPLF operators. He might as well be on TPLF's pay role.

Ankasa Doro

The problem with you people is you consider Ethiopians only Amhara and Amharized people. That is a basic problem for you to understand the Ethiopian suitation. Ethiopia is a country with many nations and nationalities. So please first try to correct this stand before you try to impose you backward ruling system. Ethiopia is better than any other time inits history. People have started to enjoy the relative democracy. People have started to appreciate their culture, language and value. This may be a headache for some, but now we are in a different cenurty where human right is uphold most.

Email: ANN@yahoo.com

Dear all,

Unfair as it may seem , the comments of an outsider should not be viewed as though it was a statement of judgement. He lauded the progress made from the past which not so many can deny. We can't have democracy all at one go hence the need for patience. Everyone would like to see the back of Meles of all people. I wish it were possible now but hey we've got to be realistic removing him takes more than just a single electoral exercise.
So whatever a diplomat might have said , not much can change in Ethiopia's political landscape as a consequence.

Let's not forget, the opposition have a bigger challenge than just getting more votes at one election . They should prove their worth by providing the country a better alternative in parliament as valeuable opposition. Thier efforts should be sustained beyond the campaign to regain stolen votes.

Elias

City: Addis

Mazimhaka of AU is as corrupt as Ethiopian government officials.Nothing he says should be taken into account.It is better AU doesn't exist than having it as rouge as it is now.Big shame!!!!!!!

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: Toronto

Deputy Chairperson

Email: adera@yahoo.com

City: Mekele

TOTO,

You said Ethiopia is the nation of many Ethnic groups. I agree. But there are only two biggest Ethnic groups namely Oromo and Amhara. The Amharas are considered to be an Ethnic group illegally by your smallest group Rulers TPLF in order to divide the country to get spaces to rule Ethiopia. The meaning of Amhara through History means the free people of Ethiopia. Free from Ethnic, religion and sexism. Amharas are the product of all Ethnic groups not as your TPLF cadres portraying using their foolish mind from mountains, valleys and gorges where they were hiding like Mice to kill people and destroy Ethiopia. Do you think those who have knowledge about our country will accept your TPLF criminal cadres division of Ethiopia Under Ethnic line. If you said Ethiopia have different Ethnic groups, why your TPLF from one of the smallest ethnic groups have all the highest administration posts including diplomatic activities? All financial sources in the country are in the TPLF hands. Yet you said Ethiopia is doing good with your criminal TPLF boys from villages somewhere in Adwa. The time of division according to Ethnic lines is over. The time of TPLF ruling Ethiopia is over. TPLF will never use EPRDF as it did before to destroy Ethiopia. We are looking the elected Ethiopian leaders to take their post and sue your all TPLF cadres for the crime they have made against Ethiopia started 30 years a go. The Ethiopian people know very well that you are in a very weak position the first time since you reached Addis backing by EPLF. Now EPLF is not there to protect you as it happened until 1998. The military is not any more controlled by your TPLF criminals. After the war created by you, TPLF is divided in two camps namely those from Tigry and true Ethiopians are languishing in prison such as Iseye Abraha, others are suffering as every Ethiopia does and the rest forced to Exile. The second camp of TPLf, which is now ruling Ethiopia, is using Tigray as their backers while almost all of them have direct or indirect link with Eritrea. For example Meles have Eritrean Mother, Seyoum Mesfin''s wife is an Eritrean, bereket Simon is an Eritrean and ask about the rest in the TPLF. So unless you are one of them, you would never applaud about the current situation in Ethiopia. Ethiopia became landlocked under TPLF, 37% foreign currency goes to port payment while TPLF gave our two ports with full equipment to EPLF. I can go on and on telling you about the TPLF crime against Ethiopia. But you don't get it this way. Time is in the Ethiopians side. Soon rather than latter you will know the truth about your TPLF. TPLF ruling Ethiopia is over. No one can be a prime minister, foreign minister, defence minister, finance minister, justice minister and the likes from TPLF while they are ruling under Ethnic line and they represents less than 5% of the Ethiopian population including Irob, Amharas and other Ethnics living in Tigry. Your position under TPLF will be assisting those who served you as slaves for the last 14 years.

Email: Gumma@hotmail.com

Hi is from Rwanda where only 15% of Ethnic Tutsis are ruling the whole Rwanda which is a little better than TPLF ruling Ethiopia backing by Tigrian that are less than 5% of the Ethiopian population. The current Rwandan GOVT came power the same way as TPLF does. All of them are gorilla fighters against their own people and country respectively. Tutsis in Burundi also are the very minority. Yet they are ruling Burudi, too. So, this the so called AU deputy who is a corrupt himself have no right to talk representing AU. His is defending his minority govt in Rwanda that is in a big trouble with Hutus inside the country and from CONGO. He is from a very brutal minority govt leader Cagami affecting the Rwandan Hutus. So, TPLF and the Rwandan rulers are in the same positions. Meles today means for sure tomorrow is Rwanda with cagami and this AU deputy Rwandan. He is hoping to help a minority govt in huge Ethiopia in order his minority govt to stay in power in Rwanda. His is in trouble back home. AU is not his place. He is one of the corrupt African so called leaders very much affecting the African population. He needs to be shout his ass mouth. I’m not calling him as Isayas Afeworki of Eritrea calling the black African leaders as group of monkeys showing his racist view against them.

Email: Gumma@hotmail.com

The deeds of African Commission expressed by Mr. Patrick regarding to the Ethiopian election shows the URGENCY of Salvation for Africa because ''leaders'' of Africa are the contenent's fatal enemies.

Email: dagew@yahoo.com

City: Amsterdam

What a shame! Shameful-Patrick Kayumbu Mazimhaka saying what he did to the Ethiopian people.
The contribution Ethiopians made to Africa freedom need to surface by honest Africans. It is time now africans to stand for the people of Ethiopia and not support dictators who stole people's vote and are responsible for the masacar of innocent people. We need to be examples to stand for the truth and freedom like the Abyssinians...

SA

Email: Semachewa"yahoo.co.uk

What would you expect from the union that has no more function than making sure it paycheck from the slave masters.

The Union has to be removed from Addis. For that matter from Africa. I personally do not care even about its exisistance. The same institution used to support the ex tyrants such as Mengestu/Gadaffi/Mugabae etc yesterday.

Hell to this African Union. We Africans will previal!

Those some African officals are blind and have no brain that can think and balance things. I am not surprised what he saied we already prove it by our officals. Why do we expect much from others WE ARE THE ONLY THAT CAN BRING CHANGE FOR OURSELVES.

Email: alemety@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Dear Participants,

I stand for reason and try to respect others opinion. I don't think character assasination will help any one.You have the right to differ in opinion.But, you have to respect others view and disprove with facts.

I am afraid that blind condemnations will lead us to the past dergue times.

Please, stop your character assasination.

Ali

Email: alimodi_akrimodi@yahoo.com

DON'T BOTHER ABOUT HIM. WE ARE ETHIOPIANS WE WILL BRING OUR FREEDOM BY OUR OWN SOON.

Email: DERE2002@YAHOO.COM

Its really shame to hear from this lier AU vice chairman rootless information & very sorry by the post he holds,to talk & represent the commission by backing the dictatorial government which he looks that he knows more than 90% of the citzens don't believe in what he said & enjoing his life, when my people & his people are diying looking for democracy & making me not to believe in this young commission any more as it used to be the OAU.

Email: g9fgtmci@yahoo.com

City: Canada

Gumma and Samson,
Meles’s minority ethnicity had nothing to do with it, if Meles had won the election fair and square and has shown his great leadership to respect and rule all Ethiopians equally. It is his cruelty and the disrespect for human life and his tremendous amount of hate are most of us against. Meles’s narrow vision is focused only on his own ethnic group problems, while ignoring the rest of Ethiopia. When I was in Ethiopia about three years ago, I couldn’t believe my eyes how one ethnic group, Tigrayes have taken most important government jobs and the big businesses even outside of Addis Ababa.

All Ethiopians are to be blamed for Meles’s fourteen years brutality by not organizing and try to get rid of this heartless leader. Too many have suffered while only a few enjoying life.

We know how these so called African Leaders behave when it comes to support their fellow corrupt Leaders. We should all send e-mail for this guy to leave our country and people alone. He is not our voice we are. And one more thing we all should know he is entitled for his personal opinion. We all are so glad he is not Ethipian. If he was to be Ethiopian we might end up like his native land. Just stay focus and fight to acheive our goal that is overthrowing the corrupt and killer Woyane government. God Bless all Ethiopians and Ethiopia,

Email: mamuni@hotmail.com

Mr Patrick Mazimhaka,
You are truly a disgrace to your country. What you said about the election is an insult to the people of Ethiopia who have sacrificed their lives in the quest for a democratic election. Obviously, you have no idea how truly Melele's regime is hated by the majority of Ethiopians or you have been bribed to make such ridiculous statements. Did you not see the millions that marched in Addis and the regions in support of the opposition prior to the election? I can't believe that you actually accused the opposition for inciting violence. Shame on you and the AU!

Ezana

You look mad. Calm down. In the meantime please people do not write on this forum. send email to Au officials. Let us expose Patrick who has stepped out of his mandate and job description to endorse one party and spread lies about the opposition. The moron is a drunkard and a corrupt *******. Let his bosses know about it. The US, UK, EU, Amnesty International all blamed the government. The ******* Ambassador is the only so called independent observer who blames the victims and congradulates the murderers. Send email to his boss.

Ankasa Doro

Every organization is as good as its members. No wonder this man from AU is still not free colonial enslavement from his past masters any way. Are these the ones who think good for African Development, graduates of corrption of bribery? Good Heavens!!!!

The majority of African countries are corrupted. I don’t even understand what is the use of AU. It seems to me, it is a social gathering to have wine and whisky on the blood of African people. What have they done when millions of people were massacred in Rwanda? What have they done for Congo when thousands are still are dying? What have they done in Sudan when close to a million people are dying? I can go on and on. They are shameful and a disgrace. Instead of to be a voice to the voiceless they are drinking on Ethiopian blood like a wine at Sheraton Hotel in Addis.

Africa is full of natural resources enough to be one of the richest continent in the world but some of these African leaders have sold their souls to the out side world. What a Great Shame! How can we except any better from these individuals. The blame is on us. We slept for the last fourteen years while we were being robbed, tortured and killed. This should be a wake up call for all of us to organize and get our country back before it is too late to put it together. There shouldn’t be a doubt in our mind that Meles wants to divide us and rule. The facts are right there, he started by dividing us by ethnic groups and we have slept through it instead of stand against it. Let’s do what we can, donate money, participate and organize.

Mr Patric, where are been when more than 40 Ethiopian shot dead and hundrds injured by the dictators. you were not available to say it is wrong to these dictators. But now you became the first person to say congratulation to the murdrer for killing, injuring and tourturing their citizens. is that because African leaders are the same ( all layers, dictators and murdurer)you are saying the election is free and fair? All african ashame of you.

City: Bahirdar

Selam netters,

I just wrote this letter to Mr. Patrick Mazimhaka and recieved the follwing message. Ethiopians are bombarding the official with thousands of emails and his mailbox is full!

=============================================
User mailbox exceeds allowed size: MazimhakaP@africa-union.org

Original message follows.
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:19:31 +0200
To: MazimhakaP@africa-union.org
Subject: RE: AU Official: Ethiopian Vote Free And Fair

Mr. Patrick Mazimhaka,

We Ethiopians are very shocked to learn your endorsement of tyranny at this infant stage of the whole investigation process. I must say your statement have triggered anger among the Ethiopian people, who had fought for the establishment of OAU and eventually AU. Your statement is making public opinion among Africans that the l aunch of the African Union has even worse the situation in Africa.

It would not be a surprising as to why you kept silent when the regime gunned down on June 8, 2005 about 40 unarmed civilians who demanded free and fair election.

The regime in Ethiopia might go with the verdict and the exit poll of the people but history and the Ethiopian people will never forget you, nor will the poor and trodden of Africa!

Email: kinfuassefa@gmail.com

City: Amsterdam

I do not expect dictators to condemn the work of other dictators. Particularly AU leadership and its officials are composed of African dictators who detroy the whole continent. We have learned that African leaders refusing to condemen Zimbabwe's leader when called by Britain Foreign Secretary for condemnation. For Patrick to condemn Meles means condemning his own wife or father.

DOWN WITH ALL AFRICAN DICTATORS.

Email: ag@yahoo.co.uk

City: LONDON

Freinds,

Please do not write about the Ambassador on this forum. Send your email to his boss and other AU senior managers, both in Addis, EU and UN. Here are the email addresses. Do not be discouraged by automatic reply that says the mail is full and the perosn has refused to accept your email. Some of it is filtered by the administrator of their email system. It is a trick to stop us from flooding them with email. I have below email addresses and sample leetr for your convienicnce. Please do not send email to the corrupt Ambassador. BUt make sure to copy him.

Email Addresses of Au Chiarman:
Copy TO: MazimhakaP@africa-union.org, AU-Geneva@africa-union-gvao.org, a.kebe@undp.org, amadouk@aol.com, mteferi@un.int, akebe@un.int, africanunion@un.int, VogtM@africa-union.org, ThiamA@africa-union.org, olc@africa-union.org, dpolitical@africa-union.org, africanunion@skynet.be, achpr@achpr.org, oau-saro@malawi.net

Dear Mr. Chairman,

It is a shame that Ambassador Mazimhaka blamed the opposition in Ethiopia for the murder of 39 innocent, unarmed and peaceful demonstrators. The EU, the US, Amnesty International, African Human Rights Watch, the UK, among others blamed the government for murdering innocent and unarmed civilians who participated in a peacful demonstration. Only a corrupt Ambassador who is closely tied with the government of Prime Minister Meles came to blame the opposition. What a shame!

If this is the new and improved AU, it is sad! The Ambassador represents the kind of corrupt, irresponsible and shameful individuals that have discredited AU. What a shame!

Mamo Qilo

M.Q,

Have you read the speach of CUD chairman Hailu Shawol on Addis Admas news paper? He publicly admitted that those who killed in the protest were Team leaders and other members of the CUD.

If we take his words, the protest was organized by the CUD. So, you have to ask the leadership before accusing a foreign diplomat. It is okay to oppose his comments. But, you should clean your house first.

As a campaign organizer of the CUD, you are expected to clear such confusing statements.

Ali

First,

Let us assume he said what you are attributing to him. Does that justify the murder of unarmed and peaceful demonstrators. Meles in public lied when he siad they were killed when they tried to rob a bank. Ali, the Quran does not allow lies. Why are you fabricating a story.

Ankasa Doro

M.Q,

I swear to Alah, I am informing you the truth and only the truth. If you can't get Addis Admas check today's The reporter(Amharic) editorial and you will get the exact quote from Hailu Shawol.

I am not justifying any killing. I also condemn killing of innocent people. But, if it was an organized riot, as Hailu Shawol admitted and Patrik indicated, both the opposition and the government should take responsibility.

Be a man of reason. Emotion only generates emtion and will take us to total crises.

Hailegnaw

Believe me Derg and Mengistu Hailemariam was the best leader compared Woyane and Meles Zenawi. Mengistu never divided us by ethnic group, Mengistu never left Ethiopia the biggest locked country. Derg and Mengistu was fighting you to avoid this situation we all Ethiopian living at the moment.

No body has courage to say that but mengistu was bad best preferable leader than Meles.

Email: smith@ankasa.com

City: anrkansa

Smith,

How should I recognize you as an Ethiopian? Why you need a screen name in an opposition website?

Do you realy know the Dergue regime? I am affraid you didn't know it. Democracy is about freedom not about rehetoric of national or territorial unity.

I hate your racit approach towards Tigreans. Believe or not there is no Ethiopia with out the Tigreans, Oromos, Somalis e.tc.

Please stop such racial hated. You seem a hired propagandist from the Shabia to divide the Ethiopian people. Unless you come to your sense I can't dicuss with racist people like you.

May Alah help you come to your sense of humanity?

Best regards,
Ali

Ali,

I trust you. You seem trustworthy chap. No reason to swear in the name of Allah, the merciful and the compassionate. As a true muslim, I expect nothing less from you than to condemn Meles. After all Allah Almighty honors all the innocent souls that He created. Killing any innocent soul is so hated by Allah Almighty that He considers it as a crime against all of Mankind.

I am not saying that you did not read what is attributed to Hailu, but it is a misquotation. First you know who was murdered, including children and old mothers, day laborors. Meles and company are known for fabricating stories and misquoting opposition leaders.

I also want you to know that there are more Amhara Muslims in Addis Adaba compared to the total number of Muslims in Tigray. Please do not fall for dirty tricks by the likes of Ibrahim who want to divide Ethiopia by religion. He is an imposter Islam who would not even admit that Meles has denied our community from building a mosque in Axum.

Mamo Qilo aka
Yomer Ali aka
Ankasa Doro

What a shame to here from a representatief of AAU such a statement. Does he know what democracy means or is he just like the westerners thinks that for Africa it doesn't matter. This type of irrisponsible guys zit on the chair and think only for their own personal profit nothing else.
down with them. Africa do not need such Bounty,s.
Bounty is a white checolate with a black coat.

City: Netherlands

Re: AU anti Ethiopian Democracy & ER's misguided Moderation

Brother Elias Kifle,

I am greatly distressed and disappointed by your condescending attitude and lack of courage in the way you selectively delete messages from the forum. This is not the first time nor do I believe it will be the last time.

Wendim Elisa, does it occur to you that we are well-informed and well- read individuals who do not need you to chaperon our comments and opinions on ER’s forum. Your conduct is increasingly becoming arbitrary, capricious, and dubiously politically correct in believing that you are acting in the best interest of ER. Actually, your incomprehensible motive for acting capriciously toward able and informed contributor to this otherwise mundane forum, is making you seem like the microcosm of the tyrant dictator of Addis Ababa who arbitrarily silenced free speech under the disguise of civility and preservation of peace. You too it seems are acting out like a petty dictator by deleting and removing commentaries and opinions that do not reflect or represent your personal political views or of your website. Are you really paranoid of retribution from Meles’ cadres or is your veiled objective minimizing and marginalizing the voice of opposition against the murderous tyrant enemy of the Ethiopian people and his choir of African cheerleaders.

Elias, does it occur to you that what you are attempting to do through your misguided perception is you are turning off the people who are contributing to your forum athis critica juncture of our history? In fact what you do is tantamount to silencing Ethiopians who oppose the vampires of Africa the likes of Meles, Mugabe, Konare, Museveni, among others and even Meles’ new-found sidekick the deputy chairman of AU. As I stated in my comment which you so inappropriately deleted; indeed, my grandfather would turn in his grave hearing what that little yellow toothed bunny said to offend his hosts the people of Ethiopia.

Elisa, I compel you to get a grip and stop acting out of misguided benevolence as a moderator and acting out of paranoia. I urge forthwith, to seize and desist your fearful and mistrustful reactions. You are diminishing the relevance of ER despite your political correctness in spite of Meles’ blatant and naked assault against all freedom loving, “Chewa” Ethiopians.

We Ethiopians, respect all people including “Ye wedaje hager fitretoch” who view Ethiopia with a jaundiced eyes. Which by the way might surprise you to know that includes among others Koffi and SelimSalim despite our compassion toward them.

Alamaz,

Whose puppet are you? Don't tell us you are no ones puppet. Sister, come clean and redeem yourself. Why, you are so full of contempt for the opposition that you would not even consider your benefactor Meles' crime against humanity, and that is your own people, unless of course you too consider yourself non Ethiopian like Meles, who belives his Ethiopian birth was an accident.

Liz, I wonder how long you’ve had this condition. You need to seek help trust me.

Yours truly
With much love,

Baldereba,

Thanks for the usual advice!

Please Please get copy of the Addis Admas newspaper saturday's (August 13/2005) edition to read the speech of Hailu Shawel.

And I will be happy if you come-up with the same comment.

Almaz!

Email: lmazgenet@yahoo.com

Dear african brother ...

Africa should go to the days of freedom ...the dream of Mandela should reach to all of us ..we are tired of the days of dictators ...It is not anybody else but the Ethiopian who choose thire leaders ...

Please refrain from licensing the dictator to empower on our freedom ...we do not need to go to a free land to be free ....

ABOVE ALL LET THE AFRICAN ELITE BE FREE TO FREE US,OR ELSE RESPECT OUR IGNORANT FREEDOM ...RESPECT UNFAILING DREAM OF MANDELA'S FREE AFRICA ..YOU REMIND ME ONE MORE SCENE DURING THE 'DERGUE' REGIM ...ONE LEADER CALLED MENGITSU,THE DICTATOR,"ONE COUNTRY ONE LEADER AND THAT LEADER MENGISTU!!!!!" ...PLEASE LEAVE OUR CHOICE FOR US !!! DO YOUR OWN ...BUT IF YOU FEEL SHARING BURDEN IS RIGHT,COME THE WAY WE FEEL ....!!!

ALWAYS A FREE AFRICA WITH A FREE LEADERS !!

Email: selameselam@yahoo.com

City: addis

Almaz,
You have been criticizing Hailu Shawel for his speech—Have you also criticized Meles for torturing and killing innocent Ethiopians? Ethiopian parents have been suffering from grieves. Their children have given the ultimate scarifies. All I am asking you is for you to be fair in your judgments. God is watching you. Hailu Shawel has never killed anybody. You and I and the Ethiopian people know who the real killer is.

Dear Moderator,

Is it possible for you to send selected excerpts from comments made by participants of this forum to the AU Commissioner? I hope that the excerpts will go into the records of AU, for whatever purpose the organization may use them in the short- and long-run. You may indicate to him the number of Ethiopians who have made comments in response to AU's endorsement of tyranny.

Please note that this is just a polite suggestion in view of coordinating our strong condemnation of the endorsement.

Thanks.

Elohe

Mr Mazimhaka,

It is shame on you and AU to support such a dictator.. well what's expected from such corrupt institution which hasn't done much to improve the lives of Africans except spending the hard earned money on inflilated operation costs. You are a typical AU official that lives on crumbs of such corrupt and brutal leaders. You will soon see what the European union and other observers are going to say about the election. The election observers AU sent like their typical leaders resorted not to observe the election but to alcohol and prostitution.

For your information, we Africans in diaspora are the only solution for our continent and people. We are helping our people thru remmittance and other logistical support, and eventually go back home to lead our people politcally, as long as people like you are in political position in Africa our people's future is in crisis.

We will ask for your resignation and will fight you in all avenues to discredit your efforts to undermine the struggle of Ethiopians.

regards,

concern Ethiopians
the recent election in our country is almost done.the CUD strategy is not working they appealed to various leaders around the world including to USA congressman
and demonstrated in various cites around the world's
they have to change the tactics or its strategy by accepting as minorities in the parliament and fight
for independent electors board etc, so they can get fair election for 2010.

2nd option for Ethiopian people is to form another strong opposition from new generations which have a new idea and understand democratic values and reach to various group in the country ,hopefully this leaders emerge from harar region.

Email: jamaloct@cox.net

City: washington

I BELIEVE AFRICAN UNION SHOULD ACT TO DISASSOCIATE THE INSTITUTION FROM THIS INDIVIDUAL THAT USED HIS AFRICAN UNION PROMINENT POSITION TO INSINUATE IN THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLES' STRUGGLE FOR DEMOCRACY WITH HIS VEHEMENT BLATANT LIE. HIS COMMENT WAS VERY DISCORDANT TO THE INTERNATIONAL CODE OF CONDUCT TO ONE DIPLOMAT. THIS PERON IS UNFIT TO REPRESENT OUR CONTINENT THAT IS STRUGGLING TO BRING ABOUT GOOD GOVERNACE. OUR UNION MOTTO IS JUST THAT
WE ARE SO BEHIND FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD. IT'S HIGH TIME FOR AFRICA TO SUPPORT ANY PEACEFULL STRUGGLE FOR DEMOCRACY, SUCH THE ONE IN OUR COUNTRY ETHIOPIA.
AS YOU READ THIS, THOUSANDS OF OUR PEOPLE ARE DYING FROM HUNGER AND DISEASES. FOR MR. MELES ZENAWE THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. MANEY ARE DYING EVERY DAY THROUGH TORTURE, BEATING, IN MANEY PRISON CELLS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY. THE WHOLE WORLD WITNESSED THE MAY 15 COLD BLOOD MURDER OF INNOCENT PEACEFULL DEMONSTRATORS. THEIR ONLY CRIME WAS TO REACH OUT THE DIPLOMATS LIKE MR. PATRICK MAXIMHAKA. IT'S A SHAME THAT AMBASSADOR PATRICK MAXIMHAKA SUPPORT A GOVERNMENT THAT COMMITS SUCH ATROCITY.
IN AFRICA TODAY, THERE SHOULDN'T BE A PLACE FOR SUCH BIAS INDIVIDUAL, IF WE ARE TO ACHEIVE WHAT IS REQUIRED TO MEET OUR PEOPLES' EXPECTATIONS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. WE ARE RUNNING BACKWARD WHILE THE REST OF THE WORLD ADVANCING RAPIDLY.

LONG LIVE TO AFRICAN UNION

Elias,

I dare you post what I wrote so your readers can judge. You are cowardly in posting your comment to gives the wrong impression about my comment.

Don't act like a small-minded authoritarian and delete messages which you don't grasp. What you don't comprehend is not a negative content, furthermore, what I wrote was appropriate relative to the Deputy Chair of AU as Meles' propaganda mouth piece. After all what doeas AU comprise of except for corrupt tyrants, despots, dictators, butchers, extortionists, thieves, and narrow minded paranoid neurotics terrified of anyone intelligent

Considering how offensiveness the AU Deputy’s comment was about the death of 36 innocent an unarmed youths, you should not have deleted my comment. I said nothing worse that what other commenter had said in the forum.

So, don't be child like and play tit for tat and don't underestimate the intelligence of the people who read the forum.

Teregaga, wondem

i was laughing to hear how someone had mentioned how mengistu was a better leader. just like some germans think hitler was a great leader. to be able to judge who is good and who is bad, one has to know how to lead. anybody can criticize a soccer player on the field, but if he was put there he would embarrass himself, and probably all of humanity. unless you have successfully lead, let alone 70 million, just even 7 people in your life, i think your comments have no relevance in reality and is just hot air. so go ahead and vent, then go back to your pacifier and go to bed.

Email: gedeclue@yahoo.com

City: los angeles

Neguse,

What you or I believe is irrelevant and will make no difference. AU is nothing but an African club of heads of state like Meles, Mugabe, Tsombe, musseveni, Gadafi, obasanjo, and the holt lot of village despots, tyrants, butchers and robbers. It is a citadel of international criminals with the worst kind of crimes against humanity. Through their oppressive rules they provide the so called 'stability" to appease their western masters for the privilege of robbing their own people of Africa.

After all, what objectives have they accomplished besides roaming from capital to capital in chauffeur driven S600 Benz, wining and dining in 4 star hotels and patronizing the local red-light joints and playboy club like parties held at the grand palace every other weekend and the Sheraton hotel with the compliments of the host country's brutal tryrant, Meles.

Think about it, what have they done for Darfur in the tragic advent of Rwanda's genocide. You put too much trust and confidence in AU as some kind of potent organization that acomplished great goals. Think of it much like the UN, except this is a smeller ineffective and incompetent African club, much like the UN is to the rest of the world.

Weyew Gud,

You seem to have forgotten that it is Meles and Hitler that have more in common than Mengistu and Hitler. Was it not the superiority of the German that Hitler tried to prove. Is it not what the likes of Ezana are telling us that Tigray is a pure breed and superior ot other ethnic groups in Ethiopia. Ezana may be stupid enough to admit it in public, but tribal politics is the bedrock of TPLF's political philosophy, just like Hitler's.

Ankasa Doro

I am saddened to hear the very appalling interview given by His Excellency Mr Patrick Mazimhaka, Deputy Chairman of the African Union Commission; a man of his position and stature should know better and ought to be susceptible to the plight of the Ethiopian people than the oppressive regime. I am hereby to request on the behalf of my fellow Ethiopians and as a person who has of high regard to AU, that AU should release an official statement that the aforementioned persons statements reflects his own understanding not that of the AU’s.

This interview seems undermine the very people of Ethiopia who had played a pivotal role in the emancipation of the African countries from the colonials’ yolk and the formation of the OAU. Dear sir please make an effort to release a corrective official statement.

Email: hassabu_1@yahoo.co.uk

Leave Elias alone and deal with me. What are you upset about?

This should be another lesson to the rest of us Ethiopians:

(1) Meles is working hard in all directions to get the support of others who do not care about the Ethiopian people or the truth, but only about themselves. Meles gives them whatever they need using his power and the money he receives from donors in the name of the Ethiopian people in order to get their endorsment. Given the nature of the Meles regime, this type of behavior will not stop with Mr Patrick Mazimhaka of AU but will also continue with so many other corrupted leaders, as we have plenty of them around. Let us watch them vigilantly and get ready to challenge them appropriately to deter their stupid behaviors (whatelse can this be?).

(2) It is we and only we Ethiopians who can determine the fate of our country. No body else can do this for us and, if we are determined (and we should be!) nobody can stop us from doing it in our own way- it is our country and so our life!! In this regard, Mr Patrick Mazimhaka's opinion may not matter. We can do whatever good things we want for ourselves and others only when we are united and organized, and hence become strong. When people like Mr Mazimhaka realize this happening, they will defenitly refrain from giving such untrue and stupid comments. Let us concentrate more on this to earn our freedom and get out of humilation. It can be done!! Many others have done it. God bless Ethiopia.

Email: wazeleke@yahoo.com

Zeleke,

You are giving Mizimbaka undue respect and importance despite his inflammatory and vile comment trivializing the deaths of thirty six innocent youths. Mizimbaka and his herds are nothing but thugs and surrogates of despotic village tyrant who installed him to his current position.

You keep addressing Mizimbaka as his excellency. Mizimbaka has neither earned the title nor the honor. Mizimbaka is a pawn of his patrons. Mizimbaka is not someone who desrves this much attention. The proper thing to do by all is to marginalize Mizimbaka to who he really is, a butcher of Rwanda. Knowing this, you can understand why he trivialized the murder of thirty six Ethiopian youths and hundreds who are wounded for raising their voice against electoral vote rigging and violation of their democratic rights to free election.

Who is Mizimbaka? a thug, that's who. Considering his malevolent and hateful comment toward the people of Ethiopia, Mizimbaka should do the decent thing if he has any morality, and leave Ethiopia as soon as possible. He is another disgrace to Africa.

Moderator,

I must say that if you are the one who speaks for ER and Elias, you are doing a deservice to the forum. It is sad that you give Elias a bad reputation by the way you react and respond toward the forum participants. Please convey to Elias that he needs to get competent moderators who can adequaltely and respectfully communicate.

Moderator, this is not a chat room, so, don't act like a chatroom moderator.

Hassabu,

You are giving Mizimbaka undue respect and importance despite his inflammatory and vile comment trivializing the deaths of thirty six innocent youths. Mizimbaka and his herds are nothing but thugs and surrogates of despotic village tyrant who installed him to his current position.

You keep addressing Mizimbaka as his excellency. Mizimbaka has neither earned the title nor the honor. Mizimbaka is a pawn of his patrons. Mizimbaka is not someone who desrves this much attention. The proper thing to do by all is to marginalize Mizimbaka to who he really is, a butcher of Rwanda. Knowing this, you can understand why he trivialized the murder of thirty six Ethiopian youths and hundreds who are wounded for raising their voice against electoral vote rigging and violation of their democratic rights to free election.

Who is Mizimbaka? a thug, that's who. Considering his malevolent and hateful comment toward the people of Ethiopia, Mizimbaka should do the decent thing if he has any morality, and leave Ethiopia as soon as possible. He is another disgrace to Africa.

Zeleke, WA:

Sorry, that message was intended for Ato Hassabu. Please disregard it or comment on it.

Belaynesh

You did an outstanding job. That man who claims to be vis chair of AU is just a thug!!!!! A creature who appeared in this world just to eat and deficate.

Uhu Woi nedo!

That statement of a very high ranking AU staff and so african leader is an other shame they give to african people.How could he say that things are exagerated and how could he say inderectly that the oposition party is responsable of the death of 37 people?Does he know that the AU delegated only 15 observers during the election and that nunber is the lowest nuber comparing to other institutions who even come from abroad to observe the election?Does he know that the ruling party used real bullet and military thank againts civilians?He is the greatest supporter of Meles, you know why...because EPRDF, AU and others african intsitutions are leaded by a consortium of burglars, dictators and selfish men.Anyway, I thank Mazihumka very much because his statement confirm the bad policy and bad management in the Au commission!Poor Africa,new generations have to save it.Keep hoping and fighting for the right of People.

Email: e@yahoo.fr

Shame! Shame! Shame for AU.
How can host such personalities like Patrick.
Addis is the refelection of the whole Country. Undenyably the opposition won all the seats. How do do dare to give such non sense statment.

Email: Beketmeleseazeb@yahoo.com

City: aa