Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"opposition" DESPERATE - GAME ALMOST OVER!!!!

"The growing up pain is becoming too painful for the opposition. After they tried all the tricks to win the election, including ethnic card, they now have resorted to the age old slogan of the defunct EPRP! Giziawi Hizbawi mengest!. Some one once told a friend the following in regard to TPLF: “Ye’hich dergit yetadlech nat! Telatochuwa hulu yemayrebu nachew”, meaning TPLF is blessed because all her adversaries are inept!

EPRDF became victorious not because they always faced inept adversaries but at times I also wonder if the God Almighty is behind all of the success! However, it is the people who are the judges if calling for a transitional government after the majority winner is declared fair and square is a call that should be made by a mature or an inept organization?

When the vote-rigging allegation didn't pan out, the always bemusing opposition parties are now demanding a transitional government. The May 15, 2005 election was not conducted to create a transitional government. The election was about allowing the Ethiopian people to choose their government through their votes freely and fairly. And they have done that successfully. They have chosen EPRDF to be their government for the next five years. EPRDF should not and will not compromise on its election victory. The opposition parties need to face reality and cut short their Disneyland vacation and come to terms with the reality of EPRDF's election triumph as soon as possible.

Re: "opposition" DESPERATE - GAME ALMOST OVER!!!!

New Ethiopia, You know it, Meles knows it, the whole people of Ethiopia know that EPRDF in collaboration with NEBE looted people's vote and declared themselves winners. Oppositon groups, in an unprecedented show of maturity and civility have patiently tried every means to find a solution to the best interest of the Ethiopian people to the extent of recommending formation of a transitional coalition governement to deal with the the current impasse Meles has created. very unfortunately,the dictatorial Meles's regime is showing that he would never be ready to relinquish his power what ever people's will may be. Yes, for Meles and his stooges, alternative proposal is a sign of weakness, for they have never known making compromises. For New Ethiopia, It was inappropriate for EPRP to demand transitional government instead of accepting the military junta, which has massacred a generation. New Ethiopia is also telling us that like that of their counter parts, they would rather kill a generation than accepting coalition government. They have already started doing so on June 8. The big difference is that you have the backing of the "consitutional judiciary", Mr. Kemal and co. to justify all the killings. What you are failing to understand is that your fate would also be the same. Mr. You might have won a battle, but the war is just beginning, the end never doubtful.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

JADU!

UNLESS YOU WANT, THERE IS NO PERSUASSIVE REASON TO SUPPORT THE SO CALLED TRANSITIONAL COALITION GOVERNMENT PROPOSED BY CUD AND UEDF AFTER THEY LOST THE VERDICT. ONE POINT.

SECONDLY, ACCORDING TO THEIR PROPOSAL THE TRANSITONAL GOVERNMNENT WOULD BE WITHIN CUD, UEDF, & EPRDF. TO ME, THIS IS NOTHING EXCEPT TRYING TO HOODWINK THE SOCIETY BECAUSE TRANSITIONAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT BE WITHIN SELECTIVE PARTIES. IT SHOULD INDLUDE EVERY AND EACH POLITICAL PARTIES REGARDLESS OF THEIR STRENGTH.

MAY YOU ENLIGHTED ME ABOUT THE EXCLUSION OF OTHER PARTIES?

BY THE WAY HOW IS LIFE IN DC? I GUESS IT IS A GOOD PLACE FOR UNSTOPBLE BLA, BLA,....

CORRECTION!

UNSTOPBLE = NON-STOP

Gebrelekuskus,

Please do not bother to send correction. No one reads you anyway.

Ankasa Doro

MAMOMIAN!

"TSEBEL YASFELIGIHAL/SHAL"

Mamo qilo,
are you going crazy know. why you posting and answering to your messages at the same time, don't you want others to respond ( comment) for your input otherwise it is like a crazy person asking and coming up with the answer.
oh boy, i think you need to go to your eritrean medical center somewhere in asmara.

Email: Z_man@yahoo.com

AU Official: Ethiopian Vote Free And Fair, Opposition Complaints Exaggerated
By Joe De Capua
Washington
12 August 2005

De Capua interview with AU official mp3
De Capua interview with AU official ra
Listen to De Capua interview with AU official ra

A top official in the African Union has praised Ethiopia following the release of the final results of the May legislative elections. Patrick Mazimhaka, deputy chairman of the African Union Commission, calls the elections free and fair. He also comments on situation in Sudan, saying a big step toward peace was taken when a replacement for the late vice-president John Garang was quickly sworn in.

From Addis Ababa, Ambassador Mazimhaka spoke to English to Africa reporter Joe De Capua first about the aftermath of the Ethiopian elections.

He says, “Well, the African Union can only congratulate the Ethiopians for having gone through this painful exercise. I think the delays were not anybody’s fault, except that the opposition kept demanding to clarify things, to investigate things and the government and the electoral board were patient, so were the supporters. Now that the final results are in we are expecting that the issue’s over and next step is to form a government in Ethiopia come September.”

Ambassador Mazimhaka was asked if the political opposition had cause to challenge the results and make charges of irregularities. He says, “It’s always difficult to say. But I think it turned out, as investigations were carried out and our observers were there, that really the claims they had were grossly exaggerated. And the final results show indeed that they were exaggerated.”

Overall, how did Ethiopia handle the aftermath of the elections, which included violence? “I think the country handled itself very well, both the government and the people. There was indeed a scary moment…when the opposition tried to resort to violence and the government had to come in and stop that, unfortunately with the loss of some individuals. But following that, calm returned to the capital.”

Asked whether his comments mean he blames the opposition for elections problems and violence, Ambassador Mazimhaka replies, “It’s not really blaming the opposition facts…the riots that led to the deaths of people were indeed organized by the opposition – there’s no doubt about that.” He says that request to review about a hundred plus constituencies did result in delays, but he says “in the long run the elections were free and fair.”

As for the situation in Sudan following the sudden dearth of John Garang, he says, “I think the key question really was whether the SPLM would be able to replace John Garang immediately to continue where he left off. And I think they have done that. That’s a very important first step. And I see that the government of Sudan also welcomed the appointment of Salva Kiir Mayardit, which means they are prepared to work with the new leadership.”

He says now that the north/south peace deal is in place, he hopes the Khartoum government will take a “more bold move” toward peace in the Darfur region

Sorry I sometimes post some confused messages. My appologies for not being coherent. But I hope you will understand where I stand regarding the opposition especially the CUD. I hate them!!

New Ethiopia,
Why do you hate CUD? I understand hate is a relative term. Does it mean you find them to be worse than EPRDF? Why? Pls explain.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

JADU!

CUD = Comrades Under Derg

TO JADU & ALL CUD SUPPORTERS!

Did Hailu Shawil Serve the red terror regime of Colonel Mengistu for only 2 years before his self proclaimed "heroic resignation"?
His letter of resignation and the response tell another story! Source:Eftin

FOR DETAIL GO TO http://www.aigaforum.com

YayiT m's'krwa d'nbiT!!
Tell me something about our rulers, not about Hailu Shawl who hasn't lead this country even for a minute.

Of course our leaders might have done some treason, and some lying here and there few times a day. What makes Hailu Shawl different is his "gud" is posted on the respected IFTIN newspaper.

THE UNDERNEATH IS NOT MY POST!

Of course our leaders might have done some treason, and some lying here and there few times a day. What makes Hailu Shawl different is his "gud" is posted on the respected IFTIN newspaper

SOME IDIOT FRUSTRATED PERSON POSTED IT. HE/SHE LACK DIGNITY. MORON!

Jadu,
I understand where you are coming from. But sometimes there is no answer for ignorance. We just have to take it with a grain of salt. If Hitler had stopped and thought for a minute why he was suffering and killing the Jews; more than six million people and some of them innocent children wouldn’t have lost their lives. Sometimes what bothers me the most is some of these people who are on the side of Meles are considered themselves as God loving people. How can any person support Meles; the one who gave order to torture and kill innocent young Ethiopians? It is sad!!!

Some people like Gebremeles hove no soul. Their reasoning doesn’t make sense. There is no question on any reasonable person’s mind that Meles had tried to find any thing illegal Hailu Shawel may have done but there is none. Believe me, it would have been all over newspaper inside and outside of Ethiopia if Hailu were a criminal like Meles.

Age'azi

HAILU SHAWL WAS SERVERED MENGISTU WILE RED-TERROR WAS WAGING ACROSS THE COUNTRY. NO HIM AND THE LIKE SPECIALLY MEMBER OF MEDHIN PARTY ARE CREEPING TO TAKE POWER AT ANY COST.

HIS EVIL DID PROVED IN LAST JUNE WHEN HE ENCITED THE VILOENT AND DENIED ABOUT IT.

ELSA W.

WELCOME TO MEMBER OF MORONS WHO DEFENDS NEGEDITES.

Gebreselassie,
Please answer my question. Ato Hailu was a technocrat serving his country, in one of the few critical sectors even when its children were being murdered by Mengistu and others. I do not link high way construction with murdering the innocent, even if the red terror was going on when Ato Hailu was at his job.

You know what Jesus Christ said: "let those who never commited sins stone this lady".

What I am asking you is to post something balanced when you call names of one political view, and completely ignore those on the opposite. That throws your credibility through the window.

Sorry if my comment seemed harsh.

Modirator,
People like GebreSelassie who have been using words like “Settlers” and “Negedities” as a derogatory remark need to be banned.

hallo hallo new ethiopia!!

The struggle has just began. you hv the support of a minority of 3 million people. We are 70 million. the 3 million will join us soon. They have seen ur treachery and hodaminet for quite sometime.

We will drive you werobelloch out. very soon.

Email: fklstd@aol.com

City: Washington

Age'azi!

For the sake of our discussion, please tell me how the number of years Mr. Hailu Shawel worked in the Derg era either as minster or any other capacity? If served more than 2 years, why did he lied about it the BBC hard talk?

How do you fell when he said you have to do certain things when you have children? What does this imply to you?

While it was known that him and his party were the the one who inciting violence in last June, he completely denied his involvement. Why did he do that?

Olano!

When your mind becomes shrinks to answer, you run for appeal for banned. Is that what you learned?

Public Express Joy Over EPRDF's Victory

The Ethiopian Herald (Addis Ababa)

August 12, 2005
Posted to the web August 12, 2005

ENA
Addis Ababa

A cross-section of the society in Oromia, Amhara, and Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples states express joy over the victory of the Ethiopian Peoples Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF) in the 3rd National Elections.

The residents in the stated state governments said the winning party is committed to bring about speedy economic development in the country.

Members of the community in Assela town as well as Gollolcha and Tiyyu woredas of the Oromia State told ENA yesterday that the victory of the EPRDF would enable the party continue the ongoing development projects, maintain peace and stability as well as build up the democratic system in the country.

They said all contesting political parties should accept the results of the national elections peacefully in a bid to make the public benefit from the ongoing development endeavours.

Similarly, residents and civil servants in Soddo town and its environs in Wolaita Zone of the SNNPS said they would rally behind EPRDF in the efforts geared toward bringing about sustainable development and social progress.

The public in Bahir Dar town as well as West and East Gojjam Zones of the Amhara State also said all political parties should accept the results of the national elections announced by the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) last Tuesday.

According to opinions gathered by the state's mass media, the public in the stated localities have said all contesting political parties should exert efforts toward nation building.

The public have also said they are happy EPRDF has got the majority seats to rule the country for the coming five years since the party is committed to bring about economic development.

Meanwhile, the public in Asbe Teferi town, West Hararghe Zone of the Oromia State, said the victory of the Ethiopian Peoples Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF) in the third national elections was vital to ensure peace, development and democracy in the country.

Town residents Aliy Ibrahim and Abdurahman Mohammed told ENA yesterday that the victory of EPRDF in the national elections, which were democratic, free and fair, would make the ongoing development and poverty reduction strategies of the country fruitful.

They said the public should rally behind the winner party, EPRDF, since the government alone cannot ensure peace, democracy and speedy economic development in the country.

Relevant Links

East Africa
Ethiopia

Deputy Chief of the Zonal Administration, Tefera Berecha said the victory of the ruling party has paramount importance toward institutionalizing good-governance and democratic system in the country as well as for the successful implementation of ongoing development programmes and projects.

The chief said he is confident that the winner party would bring about speedy economic growth and carry out various projects in the education, health and agriculture sectors in the coming five years thereby benefiting the public at various levels.

Mekki!

Why did it took you & your hand picks supporters so long if you have the capacity to do that day dreamer?

GAME ALMOST OVER
the last nail to the election coffin

Political parties should use established legal mechanisms, says Ambassadors' Donors Group

Addis Ababa, August 12,2005 (WIC) - The Ambassadors' Donors Group (ADG) said today that all political parties should commit themselves to use only the established electoral legal mechanisms, including the courts, to determine the outcome of the elections and abide by the results.

In a statement they jointly issued this afternoon, the donors called on all parties to approach the new chapter in the country’s political history in a spirit of inclusivity, through constructive dialogue and avoiding violence, and thereby help ensure that the country emerges from these historic elections.

Reiterating their support once again the ADG expressed their willingness to continue their partnership with the Ethiopian people, government, and political parties to build on these historic elections and the resultant more vibrant multi-party system

According to the statement, the Ambassadors’ Donors Group noted from the announcement made by the NEBE that the results declared to date give a majority to the EPRDF and also note reports of irregularities in the process. However, the statement added that ADG will await the publication of the findings of the international observer missions, which will provide a basis for working with all parties to strengthen the democratic system further.

The donors group include, among others, USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, Norway and Germany

Nomad!

By now the political parties specially CUD & UEDF should accept the offer with grace extended by the ADG and work in the collabration with the winner party.

Advocating violence will lead them nowhere. It is in fact hurtful to the Ethiopian people which they claimed they stand for.

I am not good in math but figured out the following formula:

Gebreselassie=NEWETHIOPIA=AGAZI

What do you think Mamo Qilo?

By the way I want to ask NEWETHIOPIA and AGAZI why they left their previous forum and come to this forum. I know NO BODY WANT TO LISTEN TO YOU on that forum. We know who you are. Don't waste your time.

I wonder how much Meles pays you to go from forum to forum to confuse people.

Nestanet

Nestanet!

What a great acheivement! By the way which univeristy did you attend to study equal sign (=)?