Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE LEADER OF CUD & UEDF MUST BE OUT OF THEIR MIND.

CUD, UEDF call for formation of National Unity, Reconciliation Transitional government

Addis Ababa, August 11,2005 (WIC) - The Coalition for Unity and Democracy (CUD) and the United Ethiopian Democratic Forces (UEDF) today rejected the recent election results issued by NEBE and called for the formation of a National Unity and Reconciliation Transitional government.

At a press briefing the leaders of the two parties gave here this afternoon, they blamed NEBE for announcing the decisive results while the oppositions have lodged complaints on the investigation. They also said the Board issued the results without even giving them the copy of the decision and reply to their questions.

Hence the leadership said that cognizant of the current situation of the country, the formation of a national unity transitional government by all political parties is the only alternative. The transitional government would establish democratic institutions to hold elections in a short period, they said.

Asked on why a transitional government is needed, CUD President Hailu Shawl said it is because it would be foolish to hold elections again while the justice institutions and NEBE are under the EPRDF.

The President ruled out the possibility of going to court, whereas UEDF First Vice Chairman Dr. Beyene Petros said they have to first secure the documents of the rulings of NEBE before deciding on the matter.

Both parties rejected taking part in the re-run elections to be conducted in certain constituencies.

The parties have also proposed alternatives to diffuse the political tension that has prevailed in the country. The political arrangement the parties have proposed includes the formation of a new cabinet comprising members from the three major political parties, CUD,UEDF and EPRDF.

Re: THE LEADER OF CUD & UEDF MUST BE OUT OF THEIR MIND.

Gebrelezabees,
You are the one who is out of your mind to work for a murderer.

Let every body stand up and rally behind the great oppositioin leaders. They are showing their courage in the face of the worst tyrants of our time!!! I am so glad to see the unity amongst the opposition.

What you see is not insanity, it is anger, popular anger reflected in the leaders. G/Minaminte and his chronies will take them decades to feel the pains of the people.

You rather tell your boss to act like a sane statesman than thinking of killing more. I repeat, June 8 is like the Aider elementary school bombing by Shaebia. What makes it worse is that it is perpetrated by our own leaders and forces. You may need 70 million+ bullets to kill every body, but you will never silence people's anger. Never! never! never! Never!!!!!

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Jadu!

KOOL DOWN.

It also amazes me the way these souls think. They must have a different gene that enables them to believe their own lies.

Imagine this request for a unity government is like someone was mugged his wallet and he, by chance or strength, was able to catch the mugger and has not let his wallet go. Then the victim for lack of confidence in the law enforcement agencies and the judiciary (NEBE and the appelate courts, in this case) proposes to the mugger to share his own money between the two and resolve the matter. But, in contrast to all reason, the mugger saying no, I will take all the money and the wallet.

JADU!

UNLESS YOU WANT, THERE IS NO PERSUASSIVE REASON TO SUPPORT THE SO CALLED TRANSITIONAL COALITION GOVERNMENT PROPOSED BY CUD AND UEDF AFTER THEY LOST THE VERDICT. ONE POINT.

SECONDLY, ACCORDING TO THEIR PROPOSAL THE TRANSITONAL GOVERNMNENT WOULD BE WITHIN CUD, UEDF, & EPRDF. TO ME, THIS IS NOTHING EXCEPT TRYING TO HOODWINK THE SOCIETY BECAUSE TRANSITIONAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT BE WITHIN SELECTIVE PARTIES. IT SHOULD INDLUDE EVERY AND EACH POLITICAL PARTIES REGARDLESS OF THEIR STRENGTH.

MAY YOU ENLIGHTED ME ABOUT THE EXCLUSION OF OTHER PARTIES?

BY THE WAY HOW IS LIFE IN DC? I GUESS IT IS A GOOD PLACE FOR UNSTOPBLE BLA, BLA,....

CORRECTION:

UNSTOPBLE = NON-STOP

G/M
is it only the issue of other parties which bothers you? Or is it the only thing that you disagree about? Or, is it what you think is good enough to creat a rift withteh other orgnaizations? Does EPRDF intend to get married to any oen of those, I beleieve, this OPDO thing is no more good enough. After all the have started talking about Girma as PM. Yes, you have to do something.

Talking in yur terms: Badme is no doubt a part of Ethiopia. It is given away by a court rule whos edecision was is declared final. Meles's regime at least temporarily, is refusing accept the vertict as injsustice and is asking negotiation. Can you see some sort of analogy here? What is deifferent is the court in our instance is assigned by Meles. Mind you, I am trying to tell you in elementary terms and on a subject you and your kinds would understand. For the rest of us, the injustice is not even remotely close to that.
Is that clear?

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Gebreselassie, it is Kemal Bedri, et al. who declared Meles and Co. Winners NOT the Ethiopian people. Opoortunists appointed by none other than Mr. Zenawi do not/cannot speak for the Ethiopian people. The Ethiopian people can and should be allowed to speak for themesleves.If Meles and Co. believe in their illusions that they have the support of the Ethiopian people, tell them to agree to hold a free and fair election.

Gebreselassie,
Allow me to share with you a story I heard as a kid. It is about a dispute between a real mother and an imposter regarding the gurdianship of a child. Here is how it goes. Forgive me for the crude translation.

Once upon a time a mother and an imposter went to court (it could be Solomon's) to settle a dispute on the gurdianship of a child. Both the real mother and the imposter argued their cases fervently and they both looked genuine.

The wise judge told the two mothers (the real and the imposter) that he could not for sure identify who the real mother is. Therefore, he has decided to cut the child in half and give each of them one-half of the child. The imposter was happy to get half of the child but the real mother would not let her child be killed. The real mother then told the judge she would rather that her child grows up with the imposter than be cut in half.

Gebreselassie, the opposition which proposed for the establishement of a transitional government, despite having won the majority, is like the real mother and Meles and Co. are the imposters, who are trying to push the public into a confrontation which could cost the lives of thousands of Ethiopians given the time tested intolerant, trigger-happy nature of the government of Mr. Zenawi.

Meles and Co. lost the election but they insisit on staying in power by force. They murdered 40+ innocent citizens in broad day light, imprisoned thousands, and are holding the whole nation hostage to force the Ethiopian people submit to their rules.

By the way, the opposition did not ask for Meles and Co. to hand over the government to them. They demanded for the establishment of institutional mechansims that would guranttee a respect of the will of the people. What is wrong with that? Why should Meles and Co, the self appointed representatives/agents/darlings of the Ethiopian people, have problems with the establishment of a system that would ensure the right of the people to freely choose their leaders?

If as you suggest, all Ethiopian parties not just the EPRDF, CUD and UEDF be involved in the transitional government, I see no problem with it. The details can be worked out by the politicians. My real concern, as a citizen, is not who is in power but HOW they get to power. Anyone the majority of the Ethiopian people FREELY choose to be their leader is my choice. My call is for a FREE and FAIR election! NO GUNS, NO CADRES, NO SOLDIERS. LET THE ETHIOPIN PEOPLE DECIDE who shold lead the country!

Life is a great school. Many people think that Meles out smarted the opposition. I do not think so. In fact Meles has played all of his cards and has now become a very predictable killer dictator. Here is how. Green, Orange, or Rose revolutions are attacked or stopped by means of Two basic strategies - Violent and Legal.

One: The violent way of killing an emerging democratic revolution is what novice dictators use. They reason that a people's resistance must be put out violently in time and from its start. Meles tried this by the cold blooded murder of 40 or so citizens. As you have witnessed, they have lost big time. The world told the Meles gang to grow up. Meles could use the method of mass killing to stop Ethiopian Democracy that is going to back fire. It is also such a predictable state behavior that is going to have little effect in stopping the people.

The Legal method of stopping the democratic resistance just came to its conclusion - it is the use of Election Commisions and the Courts. Meles stopped the democratic train by means of non-violent pact and election board technical barriers. I hope, now the opposition is not idiot enough to go to court with the illusion of getting justice there.

So the Woyane gang has exhausted its oppressive cards. Our leader have also gone through the learning curve of discarding illusions and facing the bitter reality that FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. The Ethiopian people, millions of us have no choice but to stand and fight the national cancer, that is if we want to be free. Death and prison will surely be the price of freedom. Anything else is pure self-deception.

For most Ethiopians, this must be a happy day for those who live below life and a living death may choose die standing than live on their knees. Now Meles has pushed the 75 million strong against a wall, the mass of the Ethiopian poor and the glorious youth will do some thing about the situation. All dictators of history have ended the the same. So shall Meles. Yichalal!

Vistor!

The story you shared me is something that pinned you back to yourself. Thank you anyway.