Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ETA hiring forigners ?

I can't believe it has come to this; with all the demand for jobs that Ethiopians have ETA is hiring Ghanayans ? It is unbelievable and so heart breaking. This is another legasi of the # 1 enemy of our country, EPRDF.
EPRDF has to go, no compromise.

Re: ETA hiring forigners ?

My fears of the next five years have already started. What else is expected from a person who hates Ethiopia? The last fourteen years other Ethiopians were loosing their jobs to Woyanes, and now for Africans. How tragic!!

Now Meles has seen what Ethiopians think of him he is going to do everything he can to oppress them more.

Let us Teach Meles a lesson. We should boycott Ethiopian airlines if Meles hire more pilots from outside of Ethiopia.

Dagmawi, i wish you are not born Dagmaw.

ETA hiring forigners ? So what you too work and live in USA.... what is the problem? you might think Ethiopia is poor country how about 100,000 Ethiopian working and living in SUDAN, Kenya and Djibouti?

The Ethiopian Telecommunications Corporation one of the most CORRUPT corporation in the whole world... if fact hiring Ghanayans is a good thing because the Ghanayans will show the ETA how to lower their cost... I think you should read this even Somalia have the best phone service the more the 100 years old ETA.

PLEASE READ THIS Telecoms thriving in lawless Somalia
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4020259.stm

Tulu,
What happened to you? I never thought you would get worse.

Are you people sane??? Ethiopian Airlines Pilots left the Airline seeking higher salaries and ready to sell their azz to arab countries so what do you sufggest? Airplane is not a car any layman can drive, so do you suggest the Ethiopian Airlines to close the successfull company when there are cheap skilled labor in market???
Why do you relate every thing to Meles? I am sure most of you never reach the gate of school since you left your country. Your view sucks big time.

Email: kebisha@aol.com

boycott Tplf ,ethiopian airways, and the woyane gov. in general.
meles is #1 enemy of ethiopia let's stop him before distroying our beloved country.

Email: hauuphat@yahoo.com

Dear Tulu:: you keep comparing Ethiopia with America, this is the second time I noticed. On the other thread, I read your message trying to compare Hillary Clinton with PM Meles Zenawi's wife. You stated: "making money in the usa is not a sin". What you failed to see there, is that the author of that thread tried to compare the countries as his central point, not just the two individuals. Ethiopia is a country, where Children are not sure of their next meals. I said CHILDREN,,,do you have kids????Well, if blessed enough with common sense you don't have to have kids to feel and visualize a child's pain caused by hunger. The point is how do our so called millionaires managed to collect money from a poor country like Ethiopia. On this thread, you tried to compare USA with Ethiopia again, you asked someone "you to work and live in the USA". Yet, the point here again is, Ethiopia is the poorest country in the world, where most of the people are unemployed, even after college graduations. Yet, Ethiopia decides to import man labor. The school curriculum is assassinated by this regime. Now we are importing educated forces from Ghana. What is going on? Donor countries send monetary aids to Ethiopia to help the Ethiopian people, they don't send that money for PM Meles to train foreigners and offer them a job in Ethiopia. Mind you, Ethiopia is the poorest country in the world, and we are dependant on the Donor Countries. So for you, to try to compare a Donor country with a recipient country doesn't make sense at all. Nothing more to say.It is just so sad to see the first leader on earth that damages his country.

Dear SAY-NO-TO-HATRED,

How about SUDAN, Kenya and Djibouti more then 100,000 Ethiopians working in those countries.. what do you say about that?

You say NO-TO-HATRED... I SAY NO-TO-Discrimination...

PLEASE READ THIS Telecoms thriving in lawless Somalia
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4020259.stm

I thought we were talking about The Ethiopian Telecommunications Corporation if we are talking about Ethiopian Airlines it is time ET-A HIRE those African because ETH A MAKE MILLION OF DOLLARS FROM Afircan Travelers... I want the to hire more and more because it make good business Senses... think about how many Ghanayans travelers would be atracted to ETA when they find out Eth Airlines doesn't Discriminate... Even if those Ghanayans pilots atracted 100 Ghanayans travelers per years it wll cover the pilots Salary....

Now I didn't compare Ethiopia with USA... WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY NOW???

O! Ye I have good reply about Hillary Clinton too on the other thread.

Tulu,
I cannot wait till you say good-bye again. Please go take a nap and never wake-up till your brain start working right.

My friend you know nothing about the Ethiopian air lines !! so-read the true Colore of your wanne be pilots How they abandon there Country and move to the middel east for a better salaries !! what do you think , the ethiopian air lines administration has to do ?? wait and see or just wait , beg them ??? This guy`s has doen every thing they COULD , here a moron like you accuses the airlines as if it has to do with "woyane or EPRDF (meles zenawi)" guy`s when are we gone heal from the "woyane synderom "" why do we think every thing is a work of Meles zenawi ??? OMG-plz save us The Ethiopian Airlines (EAL) this week brought seven Ghanaian pilots to be hired by the company.

Kagnew Fisseha, public relations head, told The Reporter that the growing number of fleet and the departure of some Ethiopian pilots compelled the national flag carrier to hire foreign pilots. Kagnew said the airline could bring more foreign pilots in the future. The Ghanaian pilots who arrived on Wednesday will take flight training before they start commercial flights. The pilots served Ghana Airlines that recently went out of business. The pilots will soon sign contractual agreements.

EAL has 27 aircraft and 200 pilots. In the past two years the airline bought eleven aircraft (Boeing 767-300 and Boeing 737-700). The airline began a fleet modernization program in November 2003 and the first phase of the program concluded last week with the arrival of a new B737. The second phase of the program will begin with the delivery of B787, the ultra modern dream liner aircraft, in 2008.

Members of the Ethiopian cockpit crew are resigning from the airline in the quest for better payment. Recently more than ten senior captains who had served the national liner for over 20 years left the company for good. The big airline companies in the Middle East and Far East are offering attractive salaries to Ethiopian pilots, especially to the captains that Ethiopian can't pay. Girma Wake, EAL's Chief Executive Officer, told The Reporter that the airlines in the United Arab Emirates and Singapore pay a monthly salary of six to seven thousand dollars to Ethiopian pilots. Girma said since the airlines in the Middle East rolling in petro dollar pay fat per diems. They also provide spacious houses and luxurious cars for free. The pilots' children school fees are covered by the companies. Here most of the pilots earn less than 500 dollars and because of the irresistible offers the Ethiopian pilots are leaving their homeland to join the big airlines in the Middle East . The salaries of the Ghanaian pilots is not yet known.

Last week EALs management made a 20 percent salary increment to all its employees. There are 4,250 employees working in the company. But pilots are not happy at all. The management is trying to retain the disgruntled cockpit crew. Despite the turbulence caused by terrorism and the inflated fuel price in the global aviation industry, the 56-year-old airliner has succeeded in registering a considerable huge amount of profit in preceding years. Girma said EAL's management is striving to ensure the continuity of the company's success story.

The pilots’ income should increase accordingly if the Ethiopian Air Lines profit goes up.

Tulu, Kebede Ali

Why the so called arab countries didn’t employ the Ghanaian pilots ?? Why they preferred to employ Ethiopian pilots than Ghanaian pilots???? This is because the Ethiopian pilots have a good reputation! Do you think that the Ghanaians, after getting the reputation like the Ethiopian pilots, stay long in the Ethiopian airlines??? I don’t think so! After the training, these Ghanaians will leave the ETH airlines and look for employment by the same arab countries! As to me, it is better to invest on your citizens than on foreigners! Your citizens might leave the county to look for a good payment , but, in the long run, they will invest what they gained in their country!!!

Email: walta@yahoo.com

City: addis

reviewb to dagmawi and Walat,
If I were Ghanaian pilots and find out EAL hire me only because their captains who had served the national liner for over 20 years left the company to The big airline companies in the Middle East and Far East because they are offered attractive salaries… Also if I find out If EAL doesn’t have shortage of captain they would not hire me because of my country origin or my skin color… Do you thing I will stick around after I get much needed experience.
Airline Captain doesn’t mean easy job you need years of experience to be offered a lucrative salary by Middle Easter and Far East Airlines. Let assume the the Ghanaian pilots stick around for next ten years before they jump to lucrative deal… I thing Ethiopia Airline will have a very good deal if they use them for next ten years… it is 2005 there is no slavery going on to force anyone to work for you beside it is global competition the EAL salary must be attractive to keep their captain.
EAL IS Business, and should be run like one.. their hiring practice must be global standard, you cant run discriminative hiring practice.. all you have to do is captain salary is 500 us dollars make the hiring practice open and lets every one apply regardless of where there are form and let the best men or women get the job.…in case of the Ghanaian pilots we should pay them more then 500us dollars because of two reason. One travel allowance second we didn’t spend money one them to train them Even if we pay the Ghanaian Pilots a 1000 dollars we are getting a discount because we didn’t spend a penny on their training… You have to train ten would be captain to get only one good one. In way you spend ten time money to get one good Captain… beside it would take more then five or ten year to be a full captain.
Another point that I like to point out those who get employment in Middle East and Far East… if we are not hostile to them they will create more employment opportune for poor Ethiopian people… How you might ask… it is all about connation once we have someone on top position if the Middle East and Far East want medium level skill workers the Captain can suggest to hire for Ethiopia…. They are many kind of business opportunity one can think of if we were to work closely with our captain… how about this convinces the Middle East and Far East Airline to use Ethiopian Air port is another way the Captain pay back to their country…
Last thing I would like to say is EAL should make a business dissection in spilt second that affect million of people and million of dollars… EAL should free from any kind of political dissection or influenced by people who have no clue about how to run multi million dollars business… EAL management must not be apologetic they should bold and see far ahead… The first responsibility of EAL should be making money… how they make it should be their inside affair…. As long ask EAL MAKE MONEY how they hire or not they hire should not our business.. Again wakeup guys it is global computation EAL SHOULD allow to hire more worker regardless of their origin… If EAL FILY to Ghana who do you think more effective hiring a Ghanaian sale manger or Ethiopian sale managers how about the cost wise the Ghanaian sale manger is at home in Ghana but if you hire an Ethiopian sale man who doesn’t know local costume and language would be more costly if you also think about all kind of allowance

Ante: ye : TPLF: kitregna: ye: Shabia: kitregna: anbeta: belita: TULU,
Just by reading your posts, I can easily size you up. You and I, are not at the same level for me to respond to your stupid, juvenile comments. Also, very important suggestion from me to you is, consider to go to school; that way you will learn better english, then we might understand what you are struggling to say by plagerizing what others have written.

Greetings Tulu: Well we are not discussing about pen names, or are we? ..Well, with all due respect, have any nick name that suits you. You said "No to discrimination", that is cool, have no problem at all. Right, this time you quitted comparing donor country with a recipient country, great. Only this time, your comarison got worse. You are sending the same message like a man in this scenario: A man facing a court trial for murdering his wife, telling a judge that he deserves the same verdict as his cousin, who happened to kill his wife a year ago but somehow found out to be innocent, at the end of his court trial. So, what I am trying to highlight to you here is, just because a corruption and/or other wrong-doings taking place in some parts of Africa, it doesn't mean that should be the case everywhere else. Just like the scenario I shared with you above, ONE VERDICT TO ONE CASE!!! So, this time I ask you humbly to start comparing each case individually, and stop acting like a man in the scenario. Remeber, we are here to solve our problem, related to Ethiopia. Instead of justifying, giving excuses and giving more similar cases in other countries, let's try to be honest for once, let's admit when we see wrongs and try to correc them!!! As I said before, it hurts the most to have the only one leader on earth that destroys his own country. Enough said. Much respect!

No to discrimination

I SAY ONE VERDICT TO EACH AND EVERY SIMILAR CASE.

The law should be written in such a way apply equality to everyone.. If you kill you could be killed period (or you if you killed you could be jailed for life as the case may be)… you can not write law for every case and make a ruling or precedence for each case.

The guy in scenario: is right to demand the same verdict as his cousin… as long as he is found innocent, at the end of his court trial. The guy in scenario and his cousin must get the same and identical verdict.

Let’s stop talking on code and tell me what Meles should have done… stop the hiring of the Ghanaian polite? Are you saying Meles should manage EAL? OR should you allow the same interference with other corporation hiring practice.

Let as without using code language what should have done Meles? If EAL have shortage of polite what should Meles should have done to remedy the situation? One Airpline cost more then 100,million and carry more then 300 passengers… would you take risk hiring unqualified polite just to satisfied anit meles comps. How about one and two more accident EAL go bankrupt you Ethiopia butter of hiring 10 Ghanain polits for just 500 each and save 100, million dollars business… when you try to block 10 people from working you will case the whole company bankrupt and this lead to lose of more then 5000 employees working directly for EAL.. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT.

SIMPLE THE EAL managers told 10 caption today not after ten years or five years the EAL want the polite today just now… you are saying EAL should have trained his own but EAL doesn’t have any one at the moment what do you want the EAL TO DO?

I know that I am wasing my time with you but this is my take Ms. SAY-NO-TO-HATRED

tulu,
You always come up with some strange excuses for everything Meles has done wrong.

Guys,
It would be nice if EAL could continue its service using local staff, as it has done so since its inception. This has been a source of pride for us all. But EAL has a shortage of pilots at the moment. It is finding it increasingly difficult to replace its Ethiopian pilots who are joining other fleets, especially in the middle east. There is no alternative to hiring foreign pilots. We should be more understanding. It's not uncommon for foreign nationals to pilot air crafts of other countries in the Air line industry. There was an Ethiopian who was flying for Singapore Air, which is one of the most prestigious Airlines.

In my opinion the Middle Easterns are flag carrier Airlines who doesn't care about profit, they are flying for presige of their Sultans, Kings whatever in the other hand the Ethiopian Airlines is in the market to get profit hence it can not be able to pay what the Arabs offer to our pilots. Relatively the Ethiopian pilots live as a monarch in Ethiopia with all the respect they are getting from their fellow Ethiopians unfortunately Money blinds them and decided to serve the Arabs. The reason why the Arabs didn't hire the Ghanian pilots is because the Ethiopians excel than the Ghanians in experience training etc. As globalization expands it's horizon expect pilots from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan etc because they are cheaper than the cost Ethiopian Airlines incur in training the citizen pilots until they become full Capitain and fled the country seeking money.

Email: Hailu123@aol.com

The pilots who are leaving have been with the company for a long time. My question is why bring pilots from other African country while we have new pilots who would be glad to get any employment and will also help the economy of ET.
This Meles guy has sacked 160 air force staff, where is he going to stop.
You guys wait and see he and his friends in Eritria will start war so that the people will be distracted from the election.

Mina!
Do you think a taxi driver can be a truck rider overnight? The Ethiopian Airforce pilots need an intensive training to ge a license in a commericial Air craf. Hence as the need for Jet engine Aircraft is a burnning issue in Ethiopian Airles they ought to find the pilots who are fit to command the Aircraft from the market. The future tends to be let the pilots learn else where with thier monety and apply to Ethiopian Airlince for employment because training the pilots is by incuring a huge amount of tyhe tax paying people money and helplessly see them (the pilots) going to Arab countries for a better payment is really unbearable.

Email: Hailu123@aol.com

Why not!

You are in DC but in Globalization they have to work to the highist payer. In the new world order the consumer pick and choose. I look around for the cheap flight, that fly on time and safe before I book my flight.

There is a big demand for Eth pilots and crew(even though they are obnexious) in Qatar, Barhain, Abu Dhbai and Dubai and on average they pay 5X more than Eth package do you belame them.

And you guys complain, but you are so clueess. What makes you think they have have to work for peanuts? In these days you have to compete or perish?

You comment indicate you are stupide! And ignorant about the value of being a captain. I will encourage them and join any airlines that pay more. This is reality! I am sure your like to drive a taxi in dc that pay you more than drive a cab in Addis.

Are the Ethiopian in DC on average stupid and obnexious?

These days everybody makes fun of eth in DC even my shoeshine guy in fornt of Ras Hotel?

They think you are silly!