Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Girma Biru

OPDO is working hard to make Ato Girma Biru the next prime minister of Ethiopia

Sources very close to the central committee of OPDO (The largest of all parties that make the EPDRF) said that its members are making effort to make Girma Biru the next prime minister of Ethiopia.
On the meeting members mentioned that the biggest party with most seats should not be under represented in the parliamentary. They said TPLF and ANDM are dominating the EPDRF even if OPDO is delivering most seats. The source also mentioned that General AbbaDula Gemeda is pressuring them to accept ideas designed to benefit TPLF and other members of the EPDRF.On the meeting where Degife Bula, General AbbaDula Gemeda, Judin sedo and other pro TPLF members of OPDO.

MORE UPDATES TO BE POSTED>

Re: Girma Biru

The following was what I posted about Girma Birru long beofre the carnage Meles unlished on June 8. Unfortunately now, he will find it very difficult to step down for he has blood in his hand, so he will never surrender his power.

May 30, 05 - 5:55 PM May changing faces in the current administration help?

It is just a wild idea. It seems that EPRDF is bent on clinging to power. I am worried that EPRDF may learn the wrong lesson from the defeat it suffered in the polls to the detriment of our country. I am of the opinion that the current leadership in Ethiopia has turned to one man dictatorial regime. Meles has become an icon of all the wrongs of EPRDF. Changing the face of the regime by changing the PM by people like Girma Biru, a relatively moderate EPRDF official, representing the larger group may make a difference in settling some of the political turmoil going on. While I am not sure what the benefit of such a move could be for the opposition, I can see the benefit to the ruling party which in the long run may also be useful to the opposition too. It may be their last option to preserve EPRDF as a viable political alternative in the future. I think a disorderly disintegration of EPRDF could be devastating to the whole country. I am not un mindful of the fact that dictators see no other alternatives other than theirs.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

I think you don't know the reality in Ethiopian politics. TPLF under Meles rules and the others are puppets. That's it.

YOU MUST BE DREAMING TO CONTEMPLATE THAT TPLF WOULD ALLOW ANYBODY ELSE OTHER THAN ONE OF THEIR MEN TO BE THE TOP DOG. ALL THE OTHERS ARE DUDES WHO ARE BEING LED LIKE CATTLE. THEY DO NOT THINK BEYOND EARNING THEIR 100 BIRR OR SO SALARY AND BUYING THEIR HAY. THEY ARE JUST THERE TO GIVE LEGITIMACY TO THE TPLF WHO HAVE ILLEGALLY OCCUPYIED POWER IN ETHIOPIA FOR 14 YEARS. ZENAWI CALL ALL THE SHOTS.

The ethiopian people need not a change of Meles with Girma, we need SYSTEM CHANGE. WOYANE HAS TO GO.

NESTANET

Takethat,

Do not rule out the possibility. TPLF could still go ahead and let Girma or any other person replace Meles and still make him do what they want him to do as long as they control the gun.

If TPLF agrees to OPDO proposition, I am sure they devise a mechanism where they can repolace the brain of Girma with Meles. Girma will simply become the mouth of Meles.

Email: mamushababa@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Why such confusing statements. Do any of us know the rules and regulations of EPRDF? That is why some of you seem to exploit such confusing topics to divide the Ethiopian people.

Most participants of this forum claim to support liberal democracy( based on individual rights)and hate mentioning the ethnic background of individuals. So, why are you trying to fabricate facts that aimed at promoting ethnic hatred.

Please focus on issues that help unify our people rather than promoting divisions.This doesn't mean the national identity of all ethiopians should be suppressed. I mean we shall promote unity with in diversity.

Ali

Email: alimodi_akrimodi@yahoo.com

Once again this is exactly what I said. OPDO is going to be emboldened by the situation and ask for more power. I wrote several messages on this when OPDO made a run to make Addis the Capital City of Oromia. Some on this forum were saying this is Meles's doing. I insisted that this is Meles's unding. I said OPDO has the upper hand to negotiatemore power from TPLF. If they join the CUD/UEDF coalition they will deliver Meles a minority party. They may or may not do that, but the fact that they have that card to play is empowering. That is why I keep on saying that Ethiopian politics ahs crossed a point of no return.

Mamo Qilo

Ali,
What is the meaning of hate for you? Every body in this particulalr agenda is talking with the tune of EPRDF. Where did you find the hate? Why is it that every time when people talk with the tune that you have thought us: ethnic based politics seems to work agains TPLF, it becomes a hate politics. I am witnessing this consistent pattern by every TPLF cadre in every forum. When some body says that this regime is distributing development unfairly, you talk about hate rather than objectively discrediting the claim, when somebody states that power is not ditributed fairly amongst the differenet states you It becomes a hate politics. Ethnic based federalism is your doing? Why are you not then ready to accept some negative consequences which is bound to come with it?

For Meles and his chronies, It was for the sake of promoting "love" TPLF/EPRDF required that every Ethiopian carry an identity card showing of his ethnic back ground.

What was the senior EC member of the "multiethnic party", EPRDF , Ato Tsegaye has been doing when holds serous of meetings with exclusively Tigrayans in Us in the last couple of weeks? Was he preaching how they should love us?

No surprises, since hate has become part and parcel of your politics and life, you are not even in a position to make a distinction between love and hate any more.

God save us!!

Jadu,

You should have a clear position. You can't have your cake and eat it at the same time.

If you stand for liberal views, you should firmly stand for that value and judge woyane by this standard.

If stand for cultural relativism or ethinic rights, you should promote such rights and the woyane for failing that standard.

Hence, you shouldn't argue both ways.Please be firm on your stand and if you believe in liberal views you should fight for a tatal political transformation and don't try to pick one issue from the opposite view and paste for your benefit.

I repeat, you can't have it both ways.

Ali

Ali,

Your argument is flawed to say the least?
What is wrong in believing in liberal democracy yet showing inconsistencies and contradictions in what ever democracy you claim to promote? You may as well not support liberal democracy yet find and expose inconsistencies there too. As simple as that! The issue is how would you have answered the same question had It come from some one who belongs to your camp? Thanks GOD, I am not. I will never stand with killers and tyrants and preach that they are democrats.
Never! Never!

For a brief summary of what the tyrants do if you happen to be an outsider, read this
http://www.ethiomedia.com/fastpress/ethio_uk.html. I already have enough of them.

By the way, this ideologic mantras (revolutionary democracy, liberal democracy etc) are sicknesses of the sixties Meles and chronies are still suffereing from and use it to confuse TPLF cadres. It has no more any listners anywhere in the world. The time of ideology is long gone. Don't try to pin in to any of your sick idelogic categories. First let them respect the most basic human right: the right to live and be free from suffering, ABC of what ever democracy. "Tsidku kertobish...".

This is the beginning of the end TPLF created EPRDF. EPRDF as a coalition of 4 was not existed. It was the equivalent name to TPLF. What the TPLF's are going to do about if the 3 biggest coalition of EPRDF stands for their right and the right of people elected them? The slaves to serve TPLF in the EPRDF are now standing for their right. Anyone who stands against TPLF is my friend. We need other 2 biggest coalition in the EPRDF take stands against TPLF criminals. TPLF with 37 seats will reach nowhere.

Email: Gimma@hotmail.com

Gimma,

I think there is no coalition to talk about. EPRDF is simply TPLF.Beka.

Email: mamushababa@yahoo.com

Jadu,

I still believe you are so confused person. I can understand that you are trying to fight the woyane by all means, even if it is a lie let alone conflicting ideologies.

So, let's respect our difference. I can't understand for what you stand.My position is clear. I am to defend my position try me with a clear jurisprudential stand.

Ali,

Ali, Where is the confusion?
You asked: "If you stand for liberal views, you should firmly stand for that value and judge woyane by this standard".

I answered: What is wrong in believing in liberal democracy yet showing inconsistencies and contradictions in what ever democracy you claim to promote? You may as well not support liberal democracy yet find and expose inconsistencies there too. As simple as that! The issue is how would you have answered the same question had It come from some one who belongs to your camp?

That question was: "Why is it that every time when people talk with the tune that you have taught us: ethnic based politics and seems to work against TPLF, it becomes a hate politics"?.

I am asking you that your democracy states that: group right is no less than individuals right. So the simple question as per your "democracy" then is why is the right of the biggest group in Ethiopia, Oromos right to take the leadership position isn't respected? Again, don't try to pin me down to any of those categories you are obsessed with, for I am a realist and know none of them are perfect enough so wouldn't insist on one and only one unlike the marxist ideologues, Meles and co.

About my lies: tell me where my lies are and discredit me for that. Blancket abuse is empty stalinist/Melesist propaganda.

Allah yimarih, my bro.