Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mr. Elias and ER editorial team need to retract your Mess.

I just talked with friends in Ethiopia, what started at ER editorial section and fanned by all EPRDF's media is creating division and confusion in Addis. What a mess, Mr. Elias, you need to do whatever it takes to retract this mess. I suggest you start by interviewing Dr. Berhanu. It is unfortunate that the Diaspora is always contributing to the weakening of Opposition parties in Ethiopia. A good example AAPO, few years back, done by people in DC.
Don't take me wrong, I still have a great respect for you and ER.

Email: ahaile@yahoo.com

City: TN

Re: Mr. Elias and ER editorial team need to retract your Mess.

I completely support this. The Editor needs to retract this and interview Dr. Berhanu. Even if you find it tooooo difficult to apologize, you can help clear the mess by retracting the false inforrmation. Also you need to bring Ledetu and ask him why e told you what he told you.

Don Quixote aka
Mamo Qilo

Lidetu identified the erroneous move by the opposition parties when they agreed to an investigation process with NEBE that they blamed to have robbed them off votes in the first round of results. Following an accusation and charging the NEBE with fraud, oppositions went back to be investigated by this same body which legitimized Meles’ wishes one way or another. When the opposition weren’t satisfied with the screening process, they should have exited and demanded for the replacement of the board as it once again proved its blatant endorsement of vote rigging and fraud of the election process. NEBE is a different kind of animal we’re talking here and Lidetu’s objection to participation in such process was based on his awareness of the motives of the board and vision that he had in respect to the final outcome. Oppositions have ended up back at a stage where Lidetu exited in the process and I would like you to tell me one positive gain they made since excluding Lidetu’s ideas? In fact they had 112 seats and now they have 109. I understand wisdom and patience do play an important role when fighting for justice but freedom is a delicate matter and they are fighting tyranny. Freedom is not earned through negotiation but through sustained struggle. Freedom isn’t a bargaining tool and there is little room for compromise when it comes to fighting for the rights of 23 million people who voted to oust a tyrant.

Kacha,

I agree with your argument, but we have to respect the democratic process within CUD. I believe Lidetu has that quality, but some of us here pushing him to be vocal and to go head to head with his colleagues. That is not good for CUD and Ethiopia.

Email: ahaile@yahoo.com

City: TN

I am so proud of the opposition parties(CUD & UEDF). They are doing such a great job, with little means and freedom, but with much adversities!!! What a Courage and Conviction!!! May God bless them all!!. I am seeing from each members of the opposition parites, different qualities that could benefit the parties from different angles. It is an invaluable asset for the oppostion parties to have both a moderate and an intense politician figures. May God bless them all, much respect to all of them. Now things are clear, it is time to move on and focus on things that matter the most, defending the people's voice.

Iam 100/positive sure,this is the tracherious work of our masters of the world ,Bush& Blare,through there viseroy H.E Tim Clarke!!!
The leaders of KENJETs are all of impeccable crachter,and of intellactual honesty.After working with Eperdf,for 11 years,i honestly do not belive,not for a second,that KEJIT is not aware of the duplicty of EPRDF members.
After the devestating loss of Addis vote,EPRDF,if you remeber,was acting,like chiken with its head cut off:
It declared marchall law;disarmed the police;brought in special agaazi gangsta,rounded up all oppossion party personals,brought out the tanks and start shooting innocent civilians.To the international world,this action of violance was a resounding evidance that EPRDF has lost the election throughout ethiopia!
In desparation,melese,run to Bush and Blare for a face-save .The idea of temporary coalitioin government was suggested,with express purpose of setting up new independent election board to conduct new election within 2 years.Somebody,backed out,and EU is saying nothing!May be Melese threat America &UK with AL-Qeada bomb!As the true son of the father of all LIES,Melese,comes on the stage and declares himself as the winner of the election!AND civilized democratic bow and accept!
"o!what a fall!Then,you ,and I,and ALL of us fell down!!"

Email: messayewossen@yahoo.com

City: los angels