Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Call for International Demonstration

We need to organize a public rally in Washington, London and Brusels (EU Headquarter) to condemn Meles's rejection of peaceful resolution and supporting the opposition in its peaceful struggle. Let us make sure the international community is well inormed. Furthermore, a galvanized and well coordinated rally in US, US and Belgium will have strong impact in Ethiopia, in providing both moral and political support. Mass demonstration in international capitals will be broadcasted by VOA and German radio potentially sparking local demonstrations.

Mamo Qilo

Re: A Call for International Demonstration

Don Quixote,

Yes, We need to make demonstrations all over the world. I don't think we have to be limited to those three places you mentioned. There are several cities both in Europe and US where we can organize successful demonstrations. This is the time where we have to do our part.

Similarily, the opposition groups need to organize STRIKES,DEMONSTRATIONS both in Addis and major cities.

Ewinetu

Hi all,

No question about the need of demontsrations but it must start from inside our country, not the other way around. The leaders of the oppositions must start it before it is too late. the people are on stand by to take order. They must stop this non-sense going from Kemal Bedri to Kemal Bedri. It is the time to use the last resort which is general strike and civil disobedience. If they don't do it right away, they will take them to jail or kill them one by one. I am not sure what they are waiting for. They have already rejected the result. They better do something before they put them under their control to the point that they can not give any order or play leadership role.

let's wait for what the leadership has to say

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Gebre..?

We continue with the protest for the same reason why you continue to inundate the forum with your useless propaganda. How many readers did your misinformation campaign convince to support Meles? Perhaps none or even worse by convincing people to turn against what you and Meles stand for. Yet, you continue to post countless messages because neither you nor your employer has lost hope. You still hope to fool some of us.

In case you missed it, past demonstrations are what resulted in the EU and US congress condemnation of Meles and Co. undemocratic practice. The next series of demonstrations will for sure yield better results. Do not underestimate the power of people and these are people with a just cause, people who have endured over 14 years of this administration's abuse of power. So the day Ethiopians say we have enough of the garbage opportunities now supporting Meles will start hurling stones at Meles. Opportunists are loyal only to themselves.

Dear All,

Let's keep on discussing about the demonstration issue. Don't waste your time and ER space by replying to TPLF guys like Gebresillasie,

Just talk as if they are not there at all

Email: ethiopia_tinur@yahoo.com

City: USA

LET'S DO IT!!!!!

Dear Mamo, how great it is to have you back!!!Right on, with what you said!!! It is our duty and responsiblity, so let's do it!!!! As you have said it wisely, we (the diasporan community)once again, have to show to the world, that we are right by the side of our poor people and the opposition parties. Let the world knows, with our voices, that Ethiopia matters equally, to us and to the rest of the world; as Georgia and Ukraine matter to its people and to the world. We deserve equal attention from the international community!!! They (the international community, heavily the USA), bleieve that "All people are created equally", so let us see that principle in practice. The world needs to be informed that PM Meles is no different than Hitler, because he is promoting and developing ethnic mentality throughout the country, in the name of tribal democracy. Whatelse, Hilter did???? The only difference with PM Meles is that he has managed to change his color as it fits; harsh color at home; cool color abroad. Let the world knows, that PM Meles even has started now to silence the Ethiopian in the diaspora, by suing Ethiopian reporters. If this is not an act of dictatorship, what is it then? So Let's inform the world!!! Let the world knows that the oppostion parties of Ethiopia, came up with a proposal that could save further bloodshed in Ethiopia, but rejected by Woyane. Is this what expected from a progressive leader and/or good governance? Indeed, it is our duty to continously inform the International community. LET'S DO IT!!!!Mamo, again, it is so good to have you back, and I humbly thank you for taking the initiative, to remind us our duty!!!Only one thing to add, let's wait for a go-sign, from the oppostion parties. Thank you all. May the special ONE GOD, keep watching over Ethiopia and its people. Without Him, no single plan or job is complete!!!

DEAR GEBRESELASSIE:
MAMMOMIAN LIVE IN THE PAST BREATH THE PAST AND DIE IN THE PAST. LET ME GIVE YOU ALL A QUESTION
DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCES AND MERITS OF
REVOLTIONARY DEMOCRACY
SOCIAL DEMOCRACY
LIBERAL DEMOCRACY
I AM SURE GEBRE HAS SOME IDEA ABOUT IT

Email: deleted

City: deleted

selam Betigil,
You sound sober Gebremenamen. Good luck.

Why should we wait to organize a public rally in support of the opposition? A peaceful demonstration is both to preemp any interanational propoganda and also to encourage the public in Ethiopia to do the same.

Mamo Qilo

Friends,

Thanks to its child, NEBE, Woyane has already decleared as a winner and is ready to form its own government. Now, it is the time to protest this illegal act all over the world. MY MESSAGE IS LET'S NOT WASTE TIME. Leaders of CUD/UEDF should call for an international public protest right now.Our message to those leaders who want to go to Woyane court is NO. We already know KEMAL BEDRI WHO IS THE CHIEF FOR BOTH NEBE AND THE COURT. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME UNLESS YOU HAVE ANOTHER AGENDA.

Our diplomatic struggle should continue:

1. By making series of demonstrations all over the world including inside our country
2. By writing letters and talking to elected officials(senators,congress mans,etc), governements(USA,EUROPE,etc)

ONCE AGAIN LET'S NOT WASTE TIME. WE NEED TO DO IT IMMEDIATELY.

NESTANET

I take my words back!

I think we should prepare peaceful demonstration all over the world, without waiting for a go-sign from the oppostion parties. Right, Woyane declared its victory. Now it is our duty to show some moral support to our people, by engaging ourselves with big peaceful rallies all over the world. Right away!! Thank you all and may God bless you all! Mamo, you are right there is no need to wait.

NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT!!! THE LEAST WE IN THE DIASPORA CAN DO TO SHOW OUR OPPOSITION TO THE ILLIGAL GANG OF EPRDF IS BY RELENTLESSLY DEMONSTRATING AND EXPOSING THEIR LIES TO THE WORLD. AND THE WORLD WILL LISTEN WHEN WE PERSIST. WE HAVE TO TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY AND SAVE HER FROM THIS TURMOIL MELES AND HIS GREEDY SHABIA PUPPETS PUT HER IN.
DEAR FELLOW COUNTRY PEOPLE, WE HAVE TO GOT OUT IN LARGE NUMBERS FOR AS MANY DAYS AS NEEDED.

I think the election is over and it is time to move on. Lets not waste time by holding demonstrations every month knowing the outcome.

I think Meles was watching us what we were going to do. I suggested early on having all Ethiopians in millions to come from around the world to DC to show our support to the opposition party and ask for reelection. I live in a community where there are no Ethiopians. I was hoping there was a well-organized group of Ethiopians somewhere to work on this matters. I am frustrated to see five more years of hell for Ethiopian people.

Now the opposition have come forward with their decision, It is up to us to show them our support. Our action is not only about supporting them, it is about life and death to the leadership and to thousands of our fellows who are facing the worst tyrants of our time.

Let every body do his share, It is something which can knock the doors of each and every one of us. let's not wait until the fire falls on each and every one of us!!!!!

ER, You have a lot to do now, much more than what you have been doing so far. We all are with you.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Mamo,
Is it clear to you what the oppositions want to do next? That's why I said we should wait until they let us know their final decision and next step. I may be wrong. Mamo, do you think it is good idea to go to court?

Which court? WOYANE COURT? WE ALREADY SAW WOYANE NEBE.

EWINETU

Yebret Qolo

First, international demonstration is to support the opposition unconditionally and to condemn and expose TPLF's decision to use violence rather than agree tp the peace proposal advanced by the opposition. I do not think we need to get guidance or signal from the leadership of CUD and UEDF.

Second, going to court and engaging in a peaceful struglle are not mutally exclusive. In June the leadership of CUD and UEDF discurage the spontaneous demonstration and distinced itself from it. I do not think it should do that.

I personally do not think CUD and UEDF should go to court. My view is that they should challenge it peacefully. But if the leadership of CUD and UEDF choose to go to court, I will be supporting it. They have more information and insight than I do from Virginia.

But it is critical to organize international demonstration. It should be the largest demonstration in the west. Let us go for it guys. It will have big impact in Ethiopia in terms of boosting the moral of the opposition and setting of an orange revolution.

Don Quixote

I concur, Mamo.

Reality,

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

Any other effrot is a futile exercise, a suicidal self entrapment and betrayal of the peoples hopes and expectation.

"Kezelalaem Barrinette Yand Ken Netsanete"

Baldereba

Let us organize a mass demonstration for August 26, 2005 in Washington. To be followed by one in UK a Belgium.

So the demonstration is for August 26. Let us do it.

Yegemel Chira aka
Ankasa Doro

One thing that we must do is to bring our concerns to the general public of the countreis we reside in. I do not remember any 'immigrant' community's cause taken seriously by Western governments before the 'mainstream' people have joined the struggle.

We have to talk to the churches, university students and professors, trade unions, journalists, and other civic organizations.

These peopel will share our concerns if they know the truth. Because it is unthinkable for citizens of any country to be happy when their government is using their hard-earned tax money to support dictators. No one wants that other people suffer due to support given by their government to dictators like Meles and Simeon pretending to be democratic leaders.

University students will care because it is still university students that are being killed and tortured in Ethiopia. Western journalists, at individual level not CNN as a profit driven corporation, care for other journalists that are being silenced.

Christians and mouslim or any other religon followers will share our pain because it is still christians, mouslems and other faith followers that are being pursecuted in Ethiopia.

so let us campaign, reach out...

Ankasa Dora I have work on August 26, should we do it on August 27. On August everyone should take Vacation this way we can be sure to get paid while we are mass demonstrated.

In fact is good idea we can take mass vacations on the same day in Washington, UK and Belgium (I don't if they have vacation pay in Belgium but I will find out soon)

Pease people don't wear any face cover (hood) it is not allowed to mass demonstrate while covering once face... specially in UK one should take extra caution after what Ethiopian terrorist did…

In Ethiopia the mass demonstration should be held at the same time… but we should warn our supporter not loot, riot and throw stone at police officers or not try to take gun from the riot police…. As the name suggest and the constitution does allow us only a peaceful demonstration… The constitution doesn’t give as the right to throw stone and break taxi windows who are not supporting our mass demonstration. The constitution doesn’t give us the right to try to take gun out of the hand of riot police officers…

No mass riot and looting demonstration allowed… if anyone of the demonstration break the rule the riot police have the right to use reasonable force to stop the hooligan. Reasonable force also can and should include shooting at them. If shooting not allowed do you think you will find a riot police who can take risk going out to stop 10,000 hooligans…. If the riot police have no right to shoot for self defence then we need the gun in the first palace…

Keeping peaceful mass demonstration is the business of those who call the mass demonstration… keeping peaceful mass demonstration is not the business of a riot police. The riot police there only to protect property and to make sure no one break the law… if one of the mass demonstrations breaks the law the rule of the engagement will change. The peaceful demonstrations are no longer a peaceful one and enter in to hostile territory. The rule of engagement with the hostile territory is deferent then peaceful demonstrations. Whoever found in hostile territory risking his life… if the mass demonstration organizer can’t keep the demonstration peaceful and grantee peaceful only foolish will joining them?

One more thing I wish the riot policy bring to deter those hooligan is still camera and video camera… taking each and every step of those hooligan should important after all they will not claim the polices shoot first if we have video everyone act and behave. I wish the Ethiopian Embassy start taking video in Washington, UK and Canada and show how peaceful is the so called demonstration camper to Addis Ababa..

If the peaceful demonstration is like here in Washington then I say we don’t need even local police officer let alone the army. What Ethiopia people should learn is those who are living in USA pushing them to fire while they only participant in peaceful march.

Mamo Qilo,

I second your idea for Friday, August 26,2005 demonstration in Washington DC. Friday will be a perfect day to demonstrate infront of US state dept or Woyane Embassy.

Once we decide on the date, we can send this information to radios,internet sites,etc.

I ask MR. Mamo Qilo to be the manager of this operation.

Nestanet

Netsanet,

I thank you for your vote of confidence. I live in Virginia, some three hours from Washington. It would be best if some one from Washington can coordinate this. I will definitely come to the demonstration and bring at least 10 from Virginia. I suggest to do the rally infront of the State Department and infront of Congress.

Ankasa Doro