Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We Need to Stand Behind UEDF/CUD and Stop Dividing Them

All those who blamed Berhanu for working outside of the proper channel of the CUD leadership in designing, drafting and formally signing the UEDF/CUD proposal have been proven wrong. CUD came on the side of Berhanu by putting the proposal on its website, on its front page, no less. They made it clear that it was a joint proposal with the full backing of the CUD leadership.

Second, all those who opined that the proposal was a “white flag” and a precursor for political surrender were proven wrong. Again go read Hailu’s statement today. The same Hailu who endorsed the proposal is coming back with vengeance. Again this shows the proposal was an excellent strategic move to impress upon both the national and international community that the opposition has exhausted all peaceful means to resolve the problem in a peaceful manner.

Third, it appears clear that the opposition is not going to join the parliament as a loyal opposition as some have predicted.

Fourth, all indications are that the opposition, particularly, CUD is going to challenge the daylight robbery of the people's vote in a peaceful manner. The armed looters are threatening to use force.

Now the most the Diaspora community should do is to support the opposition in one voice, not to take the side of Gebremenamens and Ibrulukuskus by attacking opposition elements and by questioning their resolves. At the very least what is expected of the Diaspora community is not to play a dividing role rather than a uniting role.

Moderator should lead this effort. A dignified public apology to Berhanu would be a sensible thing to start with. We cannot blame Berhanu and support Hailu and company for a proposal that they have collectively designed, drafted and publicly disseminated.

Mamo Qilo

Re: We Need to Stand Behind UEDF/CUD and Stop Dividing Them

I agree MamoQuilo. Why single out BIRHANU? I smell a Chauvinistic RAT.

I agree with you, Mamo. But don't expect any apology from him. It's a personal issue rather than national one.

It was very unfrotunate that the excellent strategy has been effectively dismatled by ER and Lidetu knowingly or unknowingly. In fact, they have gone one step further and used it to instigate division amongst the leadership. I am still baffled by what the two have done. As somebody puts it above, may be ER shamelessly used the big cause for his personal vendetta with all its consequences. Worse, ER, doesn't seem to have the courage and descency to apologize.

ER, the people need your continued support for their struggle, but you have to come clean of your personal baggages and start afressh. There is a lot at stake.

Clean up the mess you have created and restart the grat job you have been doing so far. We can't afford to stick on this issue.

best wishes,

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Simple Ethiopia,

I singled out Berhanu because he was the major target in the miuided attack. Yes, apology is due to Beyene Petros. As I have noted many times, Beyene is my number one choice to lead the country. He meets all qualifying elements. This is not to say the others do not. But if I had a choice my vote would go to Beyene Petros.

Ankasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo

Don Quixote,

Yes, we need to be behind UEDF/CUD and stop dividing them. The opposition leadership have improved their relationship and right now appear to be united for a common goal. Those in the diaspora community should support the leadership instead of trying to divide them. ER editorial was one of them attempting to divide CUD leadership.While the division of the leadership is known to have a negative effect on our struggle for freedom, ER took a wrong position and misinformed us about the joint proposal of CUD/UEDF.

Now, both ER and the diasproa community should learn from these mistakes and make a positive contribution to our struggle against Woyane.

Nestanet

NETSANET!

LET ME GIVE YOU ADVISE BROTHERLY IF YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO LISTEN. YOUR FIGHT SHOULD NOT BE ONLY AGAINST WHAT YOU CALL IT WOYANE. BUT, IT SHOULD BE AGAINST ALL EVILS THAT WE HAVE BEEN WITNESSING. JUST IT SHOULD BE FOR THE TRUTH AND ONLY TRUTH. I HOPE YOU LISTEN TO THE CALL.

IN FACT WITH RESPECT,

G/S
Where is your truth?
The investigation has further taken away 14 seats from what has been already approved and set a stage for rebirth of the Bereket's and Junedins in an unprecedented show of contempt to the people of Ethiopia and their party. This is your truth. This is what your think thankers whose garbage you post here have tole you as the truth. Is this what you think will bring about peace to you, forget about the people of Ethiopia which you have never cared for? Gebre, Take it from me, Meles and his gangs are making their worst mistake ever. You are utterly ignorant if you rejoice with your loot. Each and every action you make against the interest of people will have a hell lot to pay in the future.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

jadu,

Do you think that they will pay in the future? I don't think so and if they would have thought about that at least they would have been fair in some senses. Meles' regime which kills innocent civilians, young children by saying that they were on the way to rob the bank will not regret and think about his deeds. Either they are making us fool or think that the people will not do anything as the gun is with me. They are really playing a game on us, that is why Kemal is approving for the revote in the places where Bereket , Junedin and et al were rejected at first. They knew it that they will do something and win this time. This blunder and robbery is showing me a dark future.

Email: tarike@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

I agree with Mamo Qilo 100%! ER has to practice what it has been preaching - journalism ethics! This is exactly what EPRDF does! Misinform and spread a one side propaganda and in the process hurt the cause of Ethiopians!

I bet ya though, there must be more to their issue with Birhanu Nega than just the issue of the proposal. Could it be because I voiced my support for Dr. Birhanu that I was banned from this message board Yesterday?

Moderator,

With all do respect, why is so difficult for you to say i am sorry? the Question is not weather you were wright or wrong,the question every body asking you is why you rushed to judgement so fast? Oppostion leaders make decisions in the best interst of the ethiopian people under difficult circumstances.often times strategical moves does not bring the desierd result imediately. so, we must wait and support the oppstion every step of the way.

we shall over come!!!!!

Email: FELEGUHE_8@HOTMAIL.COM

City: ALEXANDRIA ,VA

I agree 100% in supporting CUD/UEDF all the way,without critisisms, unless they commit outrageous mistakes.We should not expect them to do things exactly in ways we want them to do.Matters out of their control make them take steps they do not want to take or only things they know or foresee coming compel them to take unpopular decisions.Please let us be open-minded and fair in our judgement.Also let us not forget the Ethiopian saying,'dir biyabir anbesa yasir.'

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: Toronto

Dear Don Quixote,
SimpleEthiopian wrote:"....... Why single out BIRHANU? I smell a chauvinistic Rat." The question and the statement that followed was not intended to you but to ...

Some people are already taking about qualified and unqualified leaders. What types of factors did you use to reach such a conclusion? What about the votes of the people? How about the leader who gets the most vote? Believe me when that day comes, the people's choice will decide as to who is the most qualified. Can we talk something else!