Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The democracy trial is over: Opposition should make unilateral, crtical but firm decision.

Now, the infamous kemal has announced the winner, it seems that not only all the legal means to regain the stolen votes of the people is exhausted but achieving democratic power transfer in Ethiopia is also pushed a little bit further. However foolish it may look, the biggest lesson Meles/TPLF/EPRDF learnt after the aftermath of the June 8 massacre is that force is the answer. Now, any wish to see a fair and transparent election thus democratic power transfer would be in vain so long as this regime is in power. Meles/TPLF/EPRDF, have clearly shown that they are not going to make the same mistake of creating a level playing field where they would be exposed. No, they will never ever stage an election where they will be defeated. They have shown this in all of their actions in the aftermath of the election. The killings, harassments, mass arrests, intimidations, banning of media access, changing parliamentary rules, punishing constituencies where they have lost etc. will continue relentlessly. An election which was meant to demonstrate how democratic they are to the donor community nearly expelled them from their throne. So, They won't dare come close to that stage any more. We should now be expecting further aggressive ethnic division campaigns, aggressive propaganda and Stalinist rules through out the country. The trial democracy didn’t test good for Meles/woyane/TPLF/EPRDF, so it is declared over.

The issue here therefore is, the opposition has to make their decision based on a clear understanding of what is awaiting them. Any attempt to escape confrontation now will definitely result in a more defenseless state in the near future where they would be thrown to meles's prisons and dragged to Meles's courts every other week.

Issue of going to court doesn't sound good. Why for? This is the same court which has overruled the lower court decision to ban NEBE's "provisional" result announcement. Are we then expecting it to make much more bigger decision against EPRDF? I don't see any political gain either.

The choice the opposition is facing now is either to completely reject the result and go with the civil disobedience with all its consequences including the death of some people or accept the result, join the parliament and try to fight the very difficult struggle with a more determined tyrant.

I amn't advocating for violence but, I am trying to show that some sort of violence seems inevitable sooner or later what ever course we choose for we are dealing with a government bent on using power/violence to solve differences.

Face it, very serious and firm unilateral decision has to be made by the opposition now!!!!!Any other choice at this stage would only serve Meles's regime for the better.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Re: The democracy trial is over: Opposition should make unilateral, crtical but firm decision.

THEY WILL USE THEIR DEMOCRATIC RIGHT,
TO DENOUNCE THESE STOLEN RESULT BY EVERY MEANS....

THEY WILL SHOW US, THEY ARE WITH THE PEOPLE.
DENOUNCE THE NEBE AND THE DYING REGIME.

THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD CLEAR ALL THE CITIES FROM meles private kilib torr and THEY SHOULD DO IT.

Re: The democracy trial is over: Opposition should make unilateral, crtical but firm decision.

The opposition parties have the responsibility to defend the rights of the Ethiopian people whose mandate they have been given. There is no half way house. They have to be with the people or abandon the people and their cause and share in the Woyane parliament with all the consequences that this may entail.

If they continue the struggle with the people, which I suggest they should, there is no doubt victory will come sooner rather than latter. A well coordinated mass action covering all regions of the country, focused on economic and social actions should be planned in discussion with the people. It is the people who votted out the government and it should be the people who decide on the actions to be taken to secure their rights, and to ensure that their votes remain theirs.
THE opposition will be able to lead the people's fight agaist theft of their votes knowing that they have the legal as well as moral high ground unlike the tyrant regime which has shown with brute force, its true nature to the people.

The opposition have given the benefit of the doubt to the so called election board and the board has been proved an appendage to the regime. It is well exposed beyond any reasonable doubt whose interst the board is serving. It has also been proved beyond reasonable doubt that the regime has no wish for any sort of democratic reform - it still holds thousands of political prisoners, it arrests and tortures political opponents and supporters, it has the monopoly on state media, it harasses, fines and jails free press journalists and abuses human rights on a massive scale so much so that it is one of the few regimes in the world most condemned by Amnesty International and otehr human rights organisations.

The people who came out in their millions on May 15th and on the eve of the election are the ones who decide the future of Ethiopia. they have spoken, now their voice is being silenced by the brutal regime which threatens to derail the democratic process which the people, with their full and enthusiastic support, started. These same people want to realise their dreams of a democratic and just Ethiopia.No body should stand in their way.

Jadu

Kudos for your principled stand, sober analysis and continued support to the opposition.

Mamo Qilo aka
Ankasa Doro

Thank you Mamo for the encouraging words. what does your new name mean?

jadu, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

By the way, jadu, hasn't mamo's attitude changed for the better?

Mukera

I agree with the big picture of what you are saying Jadu. But I think they should still go to the court regardless of what our expectations from the court are. Even though we all know that they are not going to get any justice from the courts, they cannot justify any other struggle before trying it. Going to the court helps them pile up all kinds of evidences against this government, added to what it has been doing to this date.

Speaking of the civil struggle, do you think it will work? How far do you think are the people going to go along with it considering what happened on June 8? And if it happens, I don't think the number of casualities is gonna stop at 36 this time over? I think this government is more cruel than any of us have ever thought and that bad nature comes out more and more the more it faces a challenge.

It is known from the beginning that TPLF would never accept a democratic process as long as the vote is not went to them. The smallest coalition party with 37 seats in the Parliament (TPLF) know nothing about what democratic means. If they knew, they would first exercise democracy inside the coalition(EPRDF) and the 3 biggest coalition members have to had the highest positions and the most decisions making exercise. But as we sow during the last 14 years, EPRDF has totally overrun by TPLF cadres. Look all ministers in very important positions, diplomatic posts and other institutions and companies. All are occupied by TPLF and their so called Ethnic group members. To get a higher position in the TPLF ruler of Ethiopia is enough just speaking Tigryna and being by birth from tigrian parents. All the 3 biggest EPRDF members know about these crimes. But they like to be used by TPLF cadres to destroy Ethiopia.
What the EPRDF 3 biggest coalition members are thinking about their relationship with the smallest coalition TPLF in the future? Are they still looking to give the leadership position to little and evil Meles? Are they still looking to give the foreign, interior, finance, justice, defence, information, federal affair, capacity building ministerial posts, joint chief, bank president and so on to TPLF cadres. Where is your democracy when there is a very dictatorial behaviour inside the EPRDF? I want to see the 3 biggest coalition members of EPRDF except TPLF exercise democracy and work for the benefit to the Ethiopian people.
I ask the Ethiopian people everywhere to approach members of EPRDF to stop them from being servants and slaves to TPLF cadres. I ask the Ethiopian people in order to stop the EPRDF members from their crimes and be part of the Ethiopian people. Most of the EPRDF in Cities, tows and villages are living and associating with the people. Collectively or individually they must be approached either peacefully or otherwise in order to stop them assisting TPLF criminals when they affecting the Ethiopian people. Those who work in the name of EPRDF for TPLF must be stopped today. They are the main enemies to us while living, working, taking and gathering with us. We know where they live. We know what they are doing. We know their family and property. If those who work for TPLF in the country start working for the Ethiopian people, TPLF will not stay in our palaces, offices and villas to destroy our country even for more days.
The diplomacy war must intensify against NEB and TPLF father and son relationship as meles relationship with his Banda father and grandfathers from both sides is.
Mass demonstration must take place throughout the country with non-stop especially in Addis Ababa where the international community is going to be our witness.
Those who work for TPLF in provincial cities such as Nazret, Harar, Awassa, Gimma, Debre Birehan, Dire dawa, Nekemt, Debre Markos, Bahir Dar, Gonder, Wollo and other towns and in rural area must stopped from their crime associating with TPLF against their people interest. If they don’t accept peacefully to be part of the people, it is necessary to stop them with violence. We have to cut branches that are serving TPLF to become as big as controlling the country while it has only 37 seats in the Parliament.
I hope members of the 3 biggest coalition parties in the EPRDF except TPLF soon rather than latter would stand side by side with the Ethiopian people rather than be part of Criminals (TPLF members) and assist them to destabilize our country. If these EPRDF members are not rejecting the conspiracy happening against their country with joint criminal work NEB and TPLF, their country future will lay in big doubt.
Youth, adult, mothers, fathers and any one in the country and abroad must not tired or afraid these criminal TPLF cadres. They have no extra right in our common country to do what ever they want. They are criminals started 30 years a go. It is the biggest time to test the Ethiopians against their enemy (TPLF). If we allow TPLF rule our country again with the name of EPRDF, the damage will be much worst than our sacrifices we have to pay now to topple them from our head and shoulders. We know we hate them. If we hate them, we know how to treat them. They are bad human. We are good people. God/Allah is with us. We have to determine now to tackle them. They rejected all peaceful meanness. They are looking violence.
Again, If the EPRDF members all over the country choose to become part of Ethiopia rather than with those from Tigry, with in days our country will be for all Ethiopians rather than TPLF cadres and some slaves from the EPRDF.

I changed my first name with Gojjam not because of I’m from Gojjam But to express my protest over one of the worst 15 may vote rigging in East Gojjam. I’m sharing the pain with the children of Belay Zeleke.
His children cheated by the son and grandson from a banda family(meles's).
Let God remove the dark cloud from the brave, hero, hard working, believer and true Ethiopian( the children of Belay Zeleke) to stand for their right

Email: Ghion@hotmail.com

Zeabysinian, I share your concern that the EPRDF's carnage can be worse than it was. That was exactly what I have tried to show. In my opinion, going to court seems reasonable to show that the opposition has exhausted every means at its disposal. The issue however is that the process could be more beneficial to the people's adversaries than the opposition. At the end of a protracted court proceeding, the opposition I am afraid may come out weaker than it is now. All what I am trying to say is that, they have to make the decision to join or not to join the parliament before even considering the court issue. When they consider this issue of joining or not, they need to recognize that the purpose shouldn't be do avoid confrontation which would be inevitable which ever way they go. It may be only a matter of post poning it. I say they would be better of now than later. I think it is high time that they give more weight to the heart beat of the people than the international communnity. They also need to understnad the clear message Meles has told them that he is not going to make any compromises now or after they have joined the parlaiament. It is too naieve to think otherwise. That is why I said that they have to make a unilateral decision.

All the same, We should be prepared to support them what ever decision they make for they are in a better position to get a better look at the over all picture than many of us any way.

Yeberetqolo,
Mamo has been consistent through out and has clear direction, interestingly very simillar to mine inlcuding his choice of Beyene as the future leader of that country. If you think his stand has changed, you have failed to recognize the changes on the ground too. He is just reflecting that as many of us are doing now.