Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If fairness matters, ER should recant its allegations against Dr. Brehanu

Selam Every One

If fairness matters, ER should recant its allegations against Dr. Brehanu

Common decency requires sense of fairness. Ethiopian Review failed that simple and yet basic test when it sensationalized a political position and even worst it editorialized a very serious allegation against Dr. Brehanu. The editorial position the moderator took relied on assumptions and speculations. A few days have passed since, and Mr. Moderator has not retracted it yet.

We should not build only to destroy; we should not destroy before ask. I ask the Moderator to please retract his allegation against Dr. Brehanu. As far as I can tell, the allegation is based on assumptions and speculations. It is simply about fairness and civil culture. I hope many of you would join me to ask the same.

With Love!

Re: If fairness matters, ER should recant its allegations against Dr. Brehanu

Totally disagree,

ER forum is not for news reporting but opinion sharing center like special column or lets say similar to Orielly factor in Fox channel where on several occasion Mr. Orielly called for Mr. Rumsfield’s resignation. However, later on Mr Oriely interviewed him as if nothing happened with out any apology and statement retracting. Ethiopian Review did not report a false story. Mr. Lidetu is responsible for the confusion. ER can not be put to any standard here to pass or fail. The Moderator observed a stinking thinking when the opposition started undressing itself with uncalled for begging. After learning some facts from Mr. Ledetu, Moderator called his shot. Moderator please do not retract your shot it is justifiable indignation. Mr Moderator, You can have opinions too. Such request is also abusive of our Ethiopian culture. Let Mr Meles apologize for the killings first.

with somber mood!

Yilma,

Why don't you call berhanu nega to oppologize to the people of Ethiopia for devaluing their vote by begging Meles Zenawi to share power? Thanks to ER, sleazy politicians like berhanu negga will be exposed when they try undermine the will of the people.

Selam VJ and Don

The proposal was a sellout; I am in full agreement. What I am troubled with is the allegation. Why blame one individual out of many on sheer assumptions? Isn’t that shoot first and ask later type of logic?

With Love

VJ,
I am very disappointed in you! To admit when making mistake is the right thing - there is no if or but about it. Your major problem is in twisting thigs to the way you want them to be.

The bottom line is that, ER said "CUD leader ship" "did not approve" the paper. Well they came out and said that "they did". Which part of that don't u or the moderator understand. What the hell is so vague about that - use your comensense.

The Moderator said exactly the opposite, now we learn his source maynot have told him the whole thing - so he should at list come out and say, CUD approve it - but I still think the idea stink. That is with in his right.

Moderator and you must stand up and be a MAN, when he make a mistake he has to say he made mistake. Stuburneess is the same temperment we are complaining about melese, here we have a moderator more stubrun infront of us. Well it is now proven otherwise. If you say sorry we will not respect you any less, or think of you any less of a fighter for your principles. So, don't be fools infront of all ethiopians.

Email: mamo@yahoo.com

Yelma,
I beg to differ wiht the "sellout" part of your comment. It was very smart move on CUD, and within their right to do it. If EUDF memeber/supporters disagree then let them coment from where they stand. To seat there and say sellout with out having to put oneself on the ground is ignorance at best cowardace at the worst. Peoplse, specially for arm chair quarterbacks, should refrain to make comment like yours and the moderators. Lets save our judgment/analysis for after the dust settle.

Although, I maynot have agreed with their choices fully in the past, I don't think they are idiots we all owe them the benefit of the doubt at list. Let them play it out as they see fit.

Mr. yilma,

I would not have replied if I had no respect for your thinking, When the Moderator Learned from the teleconference according to Mr. Lidetu that there was no discussion in CUD to mandate Dr. Berhanu, the moderator made his shot. This is not shoot first and think later.

Selam VJ and Ethiopian

VJ
I am sure you know that the proposal in question has been the brain child of UEDF. UEDF has been promoting this for over a year with or without election. What did the moderator say about it?

“… As if his utter failure in the diplomatic field is not enough, now Dr Berhanu proposes a power sharing arrangement ….Dr Berhanu's proposal demonstrates his contempt for the 25 million Ethiopians who voted on May 25.”

Is this statement fair? I am going to differ the judgment to you.

Ethiopian,

It is one thing to demand fair and transparent count of the people’s vote. It is another thing to disregard the election and ask to join transitional government. To that extent it is a sellout of the peoples vote. Why would they change course in midair?

With love.

Yilma, I agree, the moderator should undoubtedly apologize. He erred in fact, and then besmerched Berhanu's character. Under any moral code, these are actions that warrant apology.

You say the proposal was a sellout but you don't back up your statements with logic. How is demanding a re-vote under better circumstances, which is essentially what the agreement says, a sellout?! If the EPRDF insists that the votes were properly counted, we can jump up and down and scream all we want, but it's not going to get us any closer to a fair investigation. The opposition does not have the means to enforce the results of this election, does it?

So let's stop fighting guns with spears (or remote-control spears) and use our brains.

There probably will come a time for peaceful demonstrations, but as the last round clearly demonstrated, if you play that card at the wrong time, you get burned. Those who organized and supported those protests should strongly re-assess their capacity to make rational decisions.

Selam all,
The Oppositions leaders know that the weyane government would not accept any type of proposal from them. Thus, they set out this proposal for diplomatic tactic. They did this to expose the tyrant in the eyes of the international community. There is no sell out here. It is all tactful act. Think about it.

Yilma,

I agree with you. I think both the moderator and Lidetu should appologize.He ignored us while we keep telling him he was wrong. He keep telling us the decision was made only by Dr.Berhanu while the CUD radio station (Tensae radio) aired the proposal.For some reason, the moderator was very quick to judge against Dr.Berhanu.

Nestanet

Yeberet Kolo,

Please do not insult our intelligence.

Yelma,
You are wiser than agreeing with fools political organization will not evolve based on circumstances along the way. Show me any succussful organization, I will show you one that is willing to compromise and make the necessary tactical moves in the right times, based on the circumstances at hand. If you want the opposition just seat there any not make changes aginst the reality facing them, then they shouldn't be politicians. So, don't call it a "sell out", it is change of position and I still don't think the violated their core values suggested by VJ or the moderator.

VJ,
Endante lakorfeh neber but since you must be exposed I will commont on you. You are a typical Ethiopian amature politician, if given the opportunity, who can lead our countnry to follow the wrong path again. We don't need intorerant totaliterian like you to advise anyone in the name of hating EPRDF. It is very clear froom your unwilingness to even accept you mistake infront of everyone here that proves we are better of from you advising anyone, late alone Dr. Brehanu. You come across as if you are the only one who cares for ETH and has all the answers for the current situation. Get over it, you are just another wanna be, since you don't seem to accept reality and leave in a dream world. Just keep your thought to yourself.

Correction Yilma, My first line should read as follows

"You are wiser than agreeing with foolish amature ploticians who think, political organization should not evolve based on circumstances in the course of campaign."

V],
I don’t understand what Ethiopian talking about to tell you to keep your opinions to yourself. He thinks only his opinions matter. I’ve always enjoyed your mature and a well thought intelligent opinions. At first I took you as a separatist and tribalism, but lately it seems you have come to your senses. Mother Ethiopia needs someone that will take care of her children as one, even though some of her children are from different fathers. We need to stand together as one to fight this regime that have killed our brothers and sisters. People like Ethiopian seems have forgotten the unarmed civilians killed by Meles and still being killed.

Olana,
I do not think only my opinion matter. But I would like for all of us to admit when we are wrong. If you keep insisting you are right when it is black on white that you are wrong. It reveals you dark character. VJ had several chances to say accusing the Dr. was wrong (he doesn't have to agree with him), but no matter what he insist on not appologizing because he felt so violated. Therefor, I have to point out to the fact that VJ and the like of him are not fit to give advise to anyone. Don't acuse me of anythingesle because I piont this fact out.