Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where are the Ethiopian Army and Air Forces

The Ethiopian people have done what they can. They have voted and they have sacrificed their lives. Those of us who are outside the country have done our very best to support democracy in our country.

My question is where are our solders and air forces. Are they going to carry on in silence? Are they forever going to want to live under uncertainty? Do they want forever to live in a country where millions of their country men die in hunger so that Meles and Co can live in luxury.

If our previous generations have fought for a democratic Ethiopia, we wouldn’t be here today.

If we stay in silence today, we will always be slaves in our own country.

Ethiopia’s brave solders join the people. Let us struggle today for a better and freer Ethiopia tomorrow.

Re: Where are the Ethiopian Army and Air Forces

Iam an ex ethio fighter plane fighter I want to asur every ethiopians that we are folwing the election we will fightete the integrete of ethipia ex colnel still acteve comand...

Email: merdsageda@sbcglobal.net

City: oakland ca

Patience is the greatest heroic operation to those in the military career. May God bless the Great Ethiopian Army and Air Forces!

I do agree with brook.
we are waiting for the Ethiopian army and Ethiopian Air force for action. They will do it sooner or later.
The struggle will continue and the Woyanes and Shabias will disappear from our mother land Ethiopia.
Victory for Ethiopian People

Dear Sir,

The Ethiopian Army will not make a mistake by delving into politics. Because the parties do not agree on some points, there in no point in the Army getting involved in what is not its responsibility.

Let us make it a point that there is no war in Ethiopia. It is only Election Dispute which can be handeled in Courts. Ethiopia will survive without Merara or Hailu Shawal or Meles. The armz is not their subordinate.

Regards,

Yonas,

So you guys are waiting until there is an out break of war. When I say join the people I mean, join us if you want to see a democratic and freer Ethiopia, I never mentioned war.

A democratic Ethiopia will only benefit us all. Young, old, man, woman, army, teacher, doctor or farmer.

This call is not about starting war, let us be the first to make change without bloodshed.

Dear Yonas M,

Your point that there is no war in Ethiopia baffles my mind once again. If you are thinking of war only as an external threat related to unnatural state lines, you are indeed a robot lacking a human factor within your blood. The truth is we are at war and this is a war to be fought not only by mothers and sisters but also by the natural forces of our brothers and fathers. Do not be deluded in being a robot programmed to kill those who disturb the artificial frontier.

Our true enemies are those who do not respect human values and dignity. It is easy to seat and wait for an order of your chief to tell you whom to kill or not to kill. However, if you only use a little intelligent of your own, you will realize the truth and defend your family, community, and the larger human inspiration of goodness. If you fall short in doing that, it is wiser to give up your occupation. That way, you do not provide strength to the enemy within.

Know thy self!

Truthfully,

Human

Brook refugee
why don't you come and join the army and try to do what you calling for?
Then you will see. the army is 100% behind its commander in chief.

Email: Z_mekelen@yahoo.com

Hagos Aregawi,

I am gald to have been contacted from some people who have reassured me that the army to some degree is with the people, not only the army also the police force, that is why your master suddenly increased their salaries. Since the EU report, the support for your master isn't as rosey as you would like us to believe any way only time will tell.

Hey brook! be cool! First, Let me introduce myself. I am a member of defense with the rank of lieutenant. I joined to Armey before 9 years. I am not “tagay”. Perhaps, I do support for the EPRDF. But, it doesn’t mean that all in all the military members support for EPRDF. CUD as well has large magnitude supporters in military member. The issue is what should be the military role in the election process. Nothing! The process of election should be end up in peaceful manner. More than any body, in Ethiopia, the army demands a peace. Peace is worth more than money for the army; it is their life. So, you don’t have expected an intervention from military.
Your brother

Email: mr_maare@yahoo.com

City: Addis ababa

maare,
You sound and smell like tulu.

Why do people asume when I say join the people, that I mean start war. You guys are reading what you want to read.

Where were the army when 42+ poeple were killed, where are the army when their two pilots where deported back to ET from Dijibouti. No one know where they are at the moment. It could be them next time, who is going to be silenced.

Democracy is not only for poor unemployed it is for all of us. We ethioians outside ET are doing our best. Look at the achievement of the Yara commeette. If they had sat in silence then Meles would have gone on and received the awared as a respectable leader. But now we know he is not going to get the well come he was hopping to get. This is because there are people out there who are getting thier voices heard.

Hi 007
Why you consider me as tulu? Is that because of I support EPRDF? Sorry! As per your prospective; you consider all EPRDF supporters as enemy. If your way of thinking is like that I don’t let you to talk with you. We can’t reach to a destination which we agree on. Any way, I have to repeat my stand again to make you clear. As per my belief, Ethiopia political situation do not demand a military intervention. The use of military, in this day is out dated or unacceptable. People of Ethiopia should fight in peaceful manner to keep the right like for the past election days. How ever, we all should accept the winner as a winner by taking out our self from emotion.

City: adiss ababa

Maare/TUTU/Gebrelikiskis/Meles/Bereket,

You people are so paranoid, why do you keep on talking about conflic/war when ever we mention uniting joining hands. What is it in the word "united" scares you so much. Why don't you go to church and have a talk with some debtera. You people desprely need help.

City: AA

Shintam!
Mina; I am not fearful or paranoid.
I think, you don’t have any idea to whom you talk with. Hey, above all, I am solider, not like you “shinatam”. I am ready to give my life for my country. So, you don’t have raised a question of paranoid. I was taking or tried to give comments regarding the issue of “where are the Ethiopian army and Air forces”; not in the part of unity. On the unity and having hand to hand; yes, we can do. We all Ethiopian should consider as brothers and sisters and move one step for development. We have to be out of emotions and ethnic paradigm.

Meera,

Do accept my apology if i have offended you, but there is no need for a name calling. Are you picking up rude manneres from Meles. That is not good is it. We have to learn to speak to each other without being RUDE OR INSULTING. Please practice just to do that. Can you do that. It is not much to ask is it.

agree

Maare/senite,

Thanks

So! What do you think regarding the call for Ethiopian army and air force to keep their hands with opposition parties as per the aim of the writer? Do you think that an intervention of Ethiopian defense in political of our country is essential?

Maare/senite,

I think you need to speak to Brook as to what he/she means.

I have relatives who live in USA and Europe. They are very lucky to live in countries where there is real freedom. Not only it is good for the natives it also benefits and protects those who left poverty stricken countries like ours.

I think the call for democracy, is not about supporting a particular political party, but it is trying to establish a system where it respects the very people it is trying to serve.

You know it, I know it, in our country, the oldest independent african nation, people have never experienced true freedom. We have a government that has killed innocent people and it doesn't care. How would you feel if it was your brother, sister or mother.

By establishing a true democracy, we will buid a better country for future generations. I don't want to see our solders life wasted, I don't want to see anyone life wasted because they are supporting a blue party or a red party. By also establishing democracy we are not going to creat a mess/bloodshed when ever there is a new goverment. Just like they do in any true democratic country.

For how long are we going to live in fear of authorities. For how long do we see mothers who can't even cry for thEir killed children.

So whether you are in the army, farmer, teacher, doctor, student, street cleaner, house wife, debtera, waiter, hairdresser, shop owner or grand parents, let us all join hands for democracy in ETHIOPIA.

As democratic election tests Ethiopia, the legitimacy of state institutions that for years buttressed one-party rule is coming under question by newly liberated voters and the military is no exception.

Opinions vary about what to do with military forces. One suggestion, to use the military as a type of guardian of the democratic process, is finding lots of supporters. Ethiopian militaries may not have a direct role in the democratization process but they do have the responsibility to protect democracy. The point is that when democracy succeeds and the people truly vote their leaders, the military must be completely loyal to the new system.

A professional army in a democracy protects the constitution and land of the nation not just an individual leader, his cronies, and their property.

The greatest fear in Ethiopia today is we are at odds with people who have guns (army/air force/police force). We the people want to know if these group of people are with us. We know 99.9% of the population want TPLF out, the question is what do the army want??

I think the military & the police, air force have got lots of true gallant Ethiopians from every ethnic groups. The problem is they are tightly suppressed by the Meles security. His Agazi type of people who are wachful of any patriotic move occupies every key position. If the military unites to support the Ethiopian people's demands, it has to somehow paralyze the few cadres of Meles & disrupt the communications taking place among them. In doing that blood shade should be avoided as far as possible. The other issue the military should bear in mind is the ethnicity problem – it has to treat them all equally. It is known that most of those who served Myles’s regime very closely are the tigrayan “woyanes”, but that doesn’t mean that all has to be treated the same way, among them there are those who believe in one Ethiopia. In general great care should be done to bring about change. I think the tyrant regime change is mandatory.
This is just my humble advice to the army of our beloved country.
Ethiopia will overcome!!!

Email: h,y.paulos@wp.pl

City: Wloclawek

I agree with human thought. Military force should be out of intervention on political situation of Ethiopia. By it nature, any armed force is not democrat; they believe by guns instead of by talk in road table. Hence, the risk which comes from the intervention in the interior political case of Ethiopian will may lead to a great damage or totally halt democracy growth of our nation.
What we expect from the army right now? To put Meles and higher officials to jail and then give the country to CUD? Do you think people need to see this drama again in every hand over of leaders? NO! People need to see multiparty system in the country. People look EPRDF and CDU to work together. As per my view, the people interest can be fulfilled by the active participation of the people in politics like what we have seen for the last 3 or 4 months. For instant, in Addis, EPRDF has not reason or way to climb up to Addis. Resident of Addis fired EPRDF with vote card as well in rally. In similar fashion; the people who live in other regions should be do smilar to Addis people to kick off EPRDF. They should fight to regain the vote in very open way, if the people believe that the vote was stolen. NO need military help or intervention to do with the election process. The army should focus to keep peace of the nation, not to help growth of democracy. Democracy is not military business; it is people business. Our defense, right now, is busy (to much busy) by protecting our nation from invasion of Eritrea, plus keeping peace in ogadian region.
Thanks

City: adiss ababa

Maare,

Well done! Nice argument. I am pround of you. I am sure all members of our Defence Forces share your opinoin.

As you rightly put it, military intervention is not part of a democratic process and will hinder multi-party system. By the way if the military has to intervene for any reason, why are the CUD people dreaming the military will hand them the power.If such intervention is to happen, for any reason, the end resulr will be the military will remain in power.This is the international practice and ethiopia couldn't be an exception.

As you said, every one should know that our gallant members of the defence are defending our nation from any foreign invasion(Sabia&co.)and we should support them.

Maare, thank you again for your balanced and well reasoned view. CUD folks, please take his word don't push us to your day dream political crises.You won't get it.

Alemayehu01

Email: Alemayehu_05@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

We want the intervention from Ethiopian Air force and the Army. It's the time to show they are with Ethiopian people. I don't agree with Mr Maare. Mr Maare, are you a woyane?

I am glad to share the news that even the militay are starting to ask questions as to who they are trying to serve, TPLF or the People of Ethiopia.

Slowly but surely things are moving in the right direction.

- Meles, being treated like a true dictator he is in Norway
- The military waking-up

God is on our side.

Mina,

Your evil wishes are gone for good. Ethiopia won't see again such military coup deta't or what ever you call it.If you want to believe EPRDF is meles alone, that is part of your day dream. Believe or not EPRDF has millions on its side ready to pay their life its polices. They have been tested in practice. It is not like your bla..bla...bla stuff.For your information he is back at home.

My suggestion as usual is that you should promot political dialogue. That is the only way out for everyone. But, the opposition has no other alternative. Your preach for violence will not give them any chance in our politics. So, be adviced to follow civilized politics, free of hatrad and violence.Don't be desparate.

May God help you to come to your sense!!!

Regards,

Email: Alemayehu-05@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Hi, Sami!
Don’t be fool or expect a fool job from Ethiopian army. First of all, you should not block me from forwarding my view by insulting me as a weyane. To tell you frankly, I am not weyane. Actually, being a weyane is not crime/ shamed. Minimum, they saved you from derg regime.

You may ask me “if I am not weyane; who am i?” Sami, let me give you a clear diagram why I have been participating in this forum. If you see the title of the forum, it talks about Ethiopian army. In other word, the forum talks about me. I am a solider. Thus, I couldn’t allow any one to talk by representing me including you and mina except my self. I know; why I being a solider. I know why a live away from my family. I know……. Any way, why you like to see the bloodshed in your country? Why you don’t come and join to the army to fulfill your interest instead of saying this and this? You have full of right to become a member of defense.

Similarly, I want to say a few words to mina for her/his unproved information. Mina, why you like to lie as if “Hana gobeze” did? Where you get such kind of fabulous information which indicates an army starts to ask a question to whom they have been served for TPLF or Ethiopian people? When you look it up the sentences in reverse direction, It means that, so far, the army didn’t realized or haven’t idea to who it belong. Bull ****! I do know why I hung up a gun. I queue to give my life for my country and people of Ethiopia with other Ethiopians brothers and sisters. How ever, you seem that you are not ready to accept this fact. Why?

At last, I like to thank for a positive and dynamic view of Alemayehu01.
maare

Alemayehu01/Meles,

Why do you always jump to war/conflict. There are other ways of doing things.

The Ethiopian people had said NO TO YOU, which part of NO don't you understand. It is the same NO you received from the Norway Government. They also know what king of brut dictator you are. We are all saying to you, GO BACK TO ERITREA, WE THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE HAD ENOUGH. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO US. KILL 72 MILLION PEOPLE. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY SUPPORTERS YOU HAVE, YOU CAN TAKE THEM WITH YOU. YOU CAN TAKE ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE MADE IN OUR NAME, JUST GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY.

GET OUT OF ETHIOPIA, GET OUT OF ETHIOPIA

Love, Peace & Unity to Ethiopia

Mina/Hailu

You said the Ethiopians have said "no". You are true. Unless we do not have a second Ethiopia, they have said no to the DRG remnant CUD and Co. Go to the NEBE webpage to learn that EPRDF has swept all the 31 reruns. What a victory. Now EPRDF has a 2/3 majority in which it enabled it to even change the constitution thanks to your foul cryings. Altagb bay aguday ylhal yih new.
CUD altegb bemaletu yagegnewnm asalfo sete. Aye chlota. Minow and ken CUD adrogo begedelgn!

Email: Debalkie@hotmail.com

City: WDC

Debalkie,

There is no point in the people saying no to the opposition as they were never in power. They are saying NO to TPLF/Meles. In real democracy the people are great component of the process maybe not in Tigrai.

I think you people should need to have your ears and eyes checked. You are too blind to see what is happening and you are too deaf to hear the cry of the people. Don't worry it is the same illness experienced by all dictators.

These CUDites are shameless in their way for power. They will stop at nothing calling for a coup, chaos and mayhem.
They organize a violent demonstration knowing full well that demonstration have been banned.
They invite the Army to take over, just as they were in Derg, their familiar fascist practice.

They peddle foreigners support for inciting the city.

They totally ignore the rest of the country that overwhelmingly voted for other parties and focus on Addis to incite a short cut coup of taxi cabs and public transport bus burning.

They have no morals, civility and humility. They always forget that people living in glass houses should not be first to throw stones.

what makes them think that, if the army brings them to power, other groups will not use the army also to come to power. They want to take us to africa in the 60s/70s.
irresponsible hooligans.