Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The opposition have to forget about the mistaken proposals and make calculated exit strategy.

They opposition should have had multiple game plan before participating on the election. The so called proposal now has diminished their value as a real opponent. CUD/UEDF have to forget about the mistaken proposals and make calculated exit strategy. There are few days and harsh alternatives left. I strongly believe that how they deal with EPDRF now will determine on how they will work in parliament later. Therefore, here are some thoughts on how they can choose their battle;

1.0 If CUD/UEDF chose to start work in parliament and on the administration of the city of Addis Ababa, there is immense responsibility that awaits them. The opposition will not have the time, energy and the legitimacy to raise any of the election issue after they started working.

1.1 If they are ready to make sacrifices, they should win something in the name of those slaughtered and the electorates' unfair loss. Therefore, they should at least raise two or three winnable issues with a real ultimatum. The issues according to me should be complete overhaul of NEBE as CUD suggested and some changes in parliamentary procedures. EPDRF must agree and sign before they begin work.

That leave them one unfavorable choices if Meles rejects it and that is to start the real yellow revolution. I chose the color because that is part of our flag. However, being ready to sacrifice is not enough. They should also think about how they will pull through the slings and arrows. Someone in the CUD/UEDF leadership must be chosen to conduct the joint revolution.

If CUD/UEDF are not ready for any sacrifice let them not ask Meles anything but avoid another definition for “sore loser” by gracefully and silently exhausting of all NEBE, CIP and court process. Let CUD/UEDF tell their followers that they did what they could legally and show up for work the next day with out accepting any loss. If Meles forces try to fight for acceptance, let them go to court insisting on their right to start work with out any acceptance. When beginning work let them show their united opposition on all possible parliamentary procedures.

2.0 If they do not want to accept at all and fight let them make a joint CUD/UEDF press release ASAP that they do not accept the whole process beginning the election date and start the yellow revolution.

3.0 If they want to fight by wiggling through to see what could happen, the CUD/UEDF should know better that they are playing with fire and the future of the country. They could try to grab everything they can get and with out begging and accepting results to see if Meles would compromise on somethings. This option for me tantamount to becoming Meles’s stooge because it puts everything on his prerogative.

I can not think of any other option. Begging and crying from here onward is digging more deeper into the ditch of something that I would not mention.

Opposition leaders should not kill the spirit of their supporters with another monkey business. They have to make real choices with real consequences. They have taken admirable path so far. Let them not sleep but work to break the foggy impasse. What ever they decide, they better know what they are doing. We are waiting.

Re: The opposition have to forget about the mistaken proposals and make calculated exit strategy.

Friend!

AS THE PROPOSAL IS UNACCEPTABLE DUE TO ITS NATURE, TRERE IS NO NEED THE OPPOSTIONS TO FIND WAY OUT THEY ARE ALREADY OUT.

Re: The opposition have to forget about the mistaken proposals and make calculated exit strategy.

I am glad to see that you do not like what I wrote. This was not written for you at all Gebrelekuskus. It is written for the Opposition who feeling the depth of pressure from Agazi dogs.

VJ

AS ALL WE KNOW AND EXPECTED IT, THEY HAVE ALREADY PRESSURED BY THEIR OWN MIND.

Mr VJ,

Your position that the Proposal is a seel out is dead wrong. Your proposal to have a weak exit strategy is even more lethal. They say in politics one is bound to come across strange bed fellows. Who would have thought you would be found in Ledetu's corner with a hard line stand that is as wrong as it is misguided.

Can you tell us on what principle ground that you found the proposal lacking. I have closely followed your argument. It laments on the form and presentation of the proposal as some one on this forum has indicated before. Are we about egos and zero sum game politics or are we talking about strategies and tactics. On strategic and tactical moves, the opposition is taking a prinipled and prudent positions.

I think it is you, Mr. VJ, that needs an exit strategy. If and when you find such an exit holler to the editor of this news group. He seems to have taken ER from a very professional forum to the level where even the likes of Mamo Qilo (master of redicule and joke and no substance) found it beneth their expectation, so much so that he said that he has decided to leave the forum for good.

Don Quixote