Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dr. Merera & Dr. Birhanu confirm proposal well debated

Dr Merera Gudina, Chair of UEDF and Dr. Birhanu Nega of CUD told the VOA that the propsal for an interim government and the re-establishment of NEBE, as an independent body until a fresh election is held, is well debated and considered is well debated and considered by both parties. Please let us not rush to condemn party leaders and their decisions as they are engaged in the real struggle.Meles has already rejected the proposal and that gives them the moral high ground.
Listen to the VOA.
http://www.voanews.com/horn/amharic_audio.cfm

Re: Dr. Merera & Dr. Birhanu confirm proposal well debated

debated by who? Birhanu and Beyene, please

Dear Google:: I agree with you totally. Let's not pass judgements that could hurt directly or indirectly the oppostion party members, that could only hurt the poor Ethiopian people, indirectly. I am not saying that we should not give them feedbacks..but it will be wise to do so in a manner that will strengthen their unity,, not weakens it. We are in a very critical and sensitive time, that we have to be careful and genorous with our comments. Mistakes can be corrected, and let's not forget that it is so easy to destroy than to build. Forgive me, if I sound lecturing here, but that is not my intention. Let's stay calm,,let's trust them with what they are doing..I strongly believe that they need time and spaces,,,to handle ..this battle. So far, they did superb job..they deserve to get our moral support...continously. There are things we can't see and feel..from distances..that could force them to make minor decisions....here and there...well that doesn't mean..they betrayed each other or the people.! Let's give them a chance!! None of us are immune from making mistakes and errors,,,but the bottom line what we need to hear from them is ..that they will stick together and fight for the people's voice!! And we need to support them,,we have to stay loyal to them..and show some compassion, they are sacrificing their lives. Anyhow, I am neither politician not member of political party,,,I am just a humble Ethiopian,, with one agenda,,,respect the people's voice. When we rush and saying words against each other, we only please and serve the ruling government,,!! May God be with Ethiopia and its people, as he always HAS!!One final word,,,please my people let's not rush into passing judgements...we will only regret later!

Moderator,

What do you say now? Is there a split in CUD?