Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Doctor Berhanu and Doctor Petros

The main reason that the international community (read US, EU, UK primarily) likes to work with Meles is because he presents himslef as moderate comared to his comrades (Syse and etc) and until recently the opposition.

Currently what I have noticed is that the US amd Eu seem to work with berhanu and Petros, again two individuals seem as more moderate elments from the opposition camp. This, of course, is with the full endorsement and support of both CUD and UEDF. It would be smart to do that as long as the other elements (Hailu/Lidetu and Merara) are dealing with the Ethiopian people.

All indications thus far are that the CUD and UEDF are working in a rather well organized and structrured manner. Until one can show us that the voices of Hailu's, and Merara's are suressed and or silenced by either EPRDF and US/EU, we have no reason to jump up and down and create rift between CUD and UEDf and with in CUD and UEDF.

Ankasa Doro

Re: Doctor Berhanu and Doctor Petros

Dear Mamo Qilo,

You give these guys credits more than they desrve. They won the battle but lost the war. In other words they won the vote but lost the eclection due to the lack of clear strategy and vision the day after the election. They remind me Gore in 2000.

No matter how hard your try to spin, they look confussed and clueless!

Mamo Quilo,

People like you are much more concerned about pleasing the US and EU than your own people. Berhanu and Beyene could be the trusted guns by the West, not by Ethiopians. We want to follow Ledetu who has proven his unwavering commitment for the country.

Berhanu and the PM are too close for comfort. We don't trust your Dr, sorry Quilo.

Messy,

Follow extremism and you will end up 'ye tiyit erat' just like the many innocents that lost their lives on June 8! And what exactly is Ethiopia going to get out of that?! Do you think Birhanu and Beyene enjoy kissing western azzez? I don't think so! Its just that thats one of the only few ways they can achieve something?! Oh, plz don't act foolish with the "turn your faces back to the Ethiopian people..." weree! What do the Ethiopian people ahve to protect themselves from the guns of Meles? Didn't you see enough of what the Ethiopian people are capable of doing on June 8?! What the hell do you want? 36, 000 people dying?!

It is obvious that the oppositions are struggling to fulfill the Ethiopian people interest, establishing a democratic governement. If they ackted in way some of us wanted, it would be a failure.These people know who woyane is in detail and doing their job accordingly. Saying they must do this , that is just a word and easy. The main problem is how to implement it to get effective result. The main strategy of woyane is spreading a lie against the people in the leadership level and degrade their respect. We missed a lote of important people in this way. We have to take a good care in this regard.

Email: hagos@hotmail.com

City: DC

Mamo Qilo,

I agree with you on this one. I am proud of CUD and UEDF to see them united in preparing "The National Unity Government" proposal. We need to support them. Right now, the issue at hand is UNITY within CUD.

Ewinetu

Dear Mamo::..I agree with you again. It is so true, we need a moderate politician figures,,in addition to "tell it as it is" politician figures,,,,,,that is so great to have both of them. I have a feeling that the proposal, we are referring to, is a work of both groups. We see firmness and loyalty in the proposal(so why it proposes re-election) and we see moderate attitude and tone by sending message of willingness to work with the ruling government. I am not trying to categorize members of the opposition parties into different groups, as a moderate and non moderate,,,not at all, that is not my intention. In fact, I see those two approaches as a great asset to the parties. These two approaches, serve to see things and to solve problems from different angles, and will take them to the desired goal. When it comes to taking care of businesses that has to do with diplomatic communication, we need those with moderate-attitude figures. The same thing, when we have to stick to principles, we need the other figures. It is not an easy task at all , to remain faithful to one's principle and at the same time to show willingness to work with others, who opposes that principle. So, all I am trying to say is we need both approaches, to win this complicated battle. So, I still have great respect for both approaches and for all the members of the opposition parties, regardless of their way of approaching to solve this puzzle. Dear Mamo,, I don't want to see you leave ER forum for good. I have much respect and admiration for your views, please continue sharing your views and opinions with us. May God bless you. This is not about ER, it is not about anything else, it is about working together to save Ethiopia, although the road sometimes is so bumpy. Like the rest of us, ER could make mistakes too, we have to forgive those errors and we have to try not to forget the good things they have done. Only that way, we can see Ethiopia's good. I am also disappointed with ER's position, regarding this matter. But our duty is not to leave the course of our obligation, but to tell them that they are wrong and to push them to correct the errors. We all agree some errors are done not deliberately. As it is our desire and hope to see the oppostion parties to stick together to the end, they are expecting us to stick together and stand by them. That is the only way they get energy and can go forward, knowing that they get a full support of the diasporan community. Only when we stand together, we can win. Forgive me, if I sound again lecturing. It is out of the unconditional passion I have for my country and my poor people. Those poor people of ours, need to have shoes once in their life time, those children need to be certain of their next meals. Only when we don't give up, and when we forgive each ohter we can see those visions. I stop here for today. But please stay!! And thank you for hearing me. Again, may God bless you.