Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Somali Region Oil

HEADLINE: MALAYSIA AND ETHIOPIA SIGN OIL DEAL

BODY:
ETHIOPIA has signed a four-year exploration deal with Malaysia's stateowned oil company, Petronas, But rebel group The Ogaden National Liberation Front warned that such a deal would not be acceptable until people in the region have their own government.

Petronas has to invest at least £8.6m in start-up funding and Ethiopia will receive unspecified royalties if oil is found in the 35,907 square-mile area in the eastern Ethiopia region of Somali

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Re: Somali Region Oil

A dream that can't be reached and touched.

I hope oil will be found in Somali region.It will be good for all the poor people in the area regardless of the political status of the region.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: York

Dear Amde:
Oil has been found in Somali region and it has been written extensively unless you are not reading what is coming from Somali area.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Ibrahim,Mamo,Gebremelese,you are a three stooges.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

As a somali Ethiopian I believe what ever resources that are found in any where in Ethiopia including in the Somali state are gift of GOD to all Ethiopians. I wish our elite leaders will sort out their oversized egoes and work for the common good
for all.

nomad for peace

Mr./Mrs. DillingerJ1

I THOUGHT YOU WERE BANNED FROM THIS FORUM!

Dear Ibrahim,
It is great news that oil has been found in Somali region.But,the question is:'Is it economically feasible?' I ask this because when I was a boy, an American company by the name of Teneco was supposed to drill out oil but,after raising the hope of the people in the area,it was shut down for lack of profitability.That is what makes me apprehensive.
I sincerely hope there are vast wells.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: York