Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does Moderator represent the views of its readers? Brief analyis of people's opinion on Opposition's

After reading the inflamatory very skewed and unsubstanitated statement by the moderator about the recent proposal by the opposition, I tried to re examine where I stand with regards to the current developments in Ethiopia. I also felt that many of those active participants in this forum are asking a simillar question as I have noted in some of the postings. I have therfore felt to do a quick analysis of the postings made in the last 24 hours so as to show how people are reacting to the news about the coalition governement and see where the moderator stands in relation to his readers.

During this 22 hours period there were 90 postings made about this issue showing the great interest the issue has raised among people. When we take out repeat postings, there were about 67 individuals who have particpated in this thread. Forty of these postings accounting for nearly 60% of all the participants support the proposal, while 20 (26%) opposed the proposal. Five people (8%) oppose the whole intention due to their blank support to woyane/EPRDF, while the stand of 3 (6%) can't be determined based on their postings.

This brief anlysis has clearely showed that majortiy of the participants favor the proposal and the moderator is found in the other extreme as far as the this proposal is concerned (for those of you who know stats, out of the normal curve). Moreover, two separate threads were opened opposing moderator's approach towards the issue in general and the leaership in particualr. Five more people have also condemned the moderator's approach in the major thread and demanded to rectification.

I therfore, appeal for the second time that the moderator repeal what he has written about the opposition leadership and some of very biased phrases from the front page posting. In doing so, he will show us that he is flexible and abides to reasoning and that he is not a kind "my way or No way person". In doing so, he would show wisdom and Ethiopian humbleness. Short of that, it will assert some of the accusations against you that you are a die hard extremist who is bent on pushing the oppostion to the extreme. This will also show your respect to your readers.

best wishes,

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Re: Does Moderator represent the views of its readers? Brief analyis of people's opinion on Oppositi

Jadu,

Thanks for actively participating in this forum.

The reason that a lot of people who are opposed to the proposal are not writing is because they are still in a state of shock and disbelief that such a traitorous proposal could come from leaders they have trusted, leaders whom they thought would represent the interests of the people who voted them. I've been in touch with a lot of people, both inside the country and abroad. There is a lot of anger and frustration, not only at the proposal, but also the way in which it was released, i.e., without the consultation of even the central council members of the parties.

Respectfully,

Re: Does Moderator represent the views of its readers? Brief analyis of people's opinion on Oppositi

Moderator,
Thank you for the reply. I am still observing the same pattern even after the announcement that the proposal has been rejected by EPRDF. Yet again, you are posting more of a simillar message. As somebody pointed out somewhere, you seem to be carried away.
Watch it out,
with regards,

Moderator,

Do you know that tensae radio which is the voice OF CUD aired the proposal? Do you think there is a split within CUD leadership?

Nestanet

jadu,
It is unfortunate and sad to see the opposition showering EPDRF with proposals and belittling their own cause. Moderator is right to show some indignation when thinking about the sacrifice of University students and opposition supporters in remote areas. Jadu, Moderator is not sensationalizing it at all. Be thankful to ER for their open forum unlike hambasha.net and AigaForum.

VJ,

Don't you think we need to move to a solution? We need to be flexible and not rigid. Even if I hate Woyane, for the sake of the people, I would go with the proposal of the opposition.Too bad, Woyane has already decleared, it doesn't want TO FORM A UNITY GOVERNMENT WITH THE OPPOSITION.

Nestanet

Selam all,
They would rather take what they got and stay independent in parlaiament than associating themselves with the criminals for the sake power sharing. By doing that, they will be absolved from future misdeeds and acts of treason by the so called government.

Nesanet & MamoMania,

I do not see any solution, If I am right Meles will not even respect the opposition when they get in the parlament. The chance for peaceful struggle is slim,
because now Meles will say here is some position Doggie Doggie the rest of your request will be studied. Do you think Meles cares if they refuse and say we are not going to be your stooges? I think it is over, I am calm now so I love to be proven wrong. We have to start to think in other terms.

VJ,
I understand your and ER's frustrations and sense if indigantions. All the same, the moderator should realize that he has a much bigger responsibility than any one of us here. He has been virtualy serving as the PR for diaspora so far. What I am saying is that his views, don't reflect his readers views which he is serving as PR. I have tried to be as objective as possible in my criticism. VEry unfortuntely, he doesn't seem to understand the implication of what he is doing. If you happen to have any closer relationship, pls tell himn to apologize and repeal some of his postings. I see teh proposal as a way of showing to every one that the oppsotion is doing every thing possible to bring about a peaceful change in that country. In rejecting it, Meles, will once more prove what he stands for. It is a simple as that. it doens't requit=re tobe a genius that it will discarded by Meles. What is complicating the issue is the reaction of ER and teh likes. They are handing over amnutions to EPRDF.
VJ, By the way, I am a mazed to see how readily you are changing your party affiliations:-))