Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EPRDF's Rejection of The Proposal by UEDF and CUD (Question to Ethiopian)

Ethiopia,

You wrote: "It is good sign CUD/EUDF are willing to compromise, it shows thier maturity and they care for thier country. It is now incumbent on the EPRDF to also extned its hand and not dectate EVERY single thing."

You continued: "Here is an opportunity for EPRDF to change the course of history in Ethiopia. Here is time to step up and be statesman like. Millions of poor Ethiopians live is dependent on how each of the parties behave now.....It is time we take one giant step - the rest will fall in place."

You said further: "If either side doesn't want to work together, it will only get ugly for all."

In the past you have been too critical of the opposition. Now that EPRDF has rejected this call, do you have any thing to say?

MAmo Qilo

Re: EPRDF's Rejection of The Proposal by UEDF and CUD (Question to Ethiopian)

Ethiopian,

You said if EPRDF became the problem in six months you would start fundraising to help the opposition. Now that it has rejected the very proposal you have endorsed as a way forward, are you going to start the fundraising now or do you still wish to wait for six months?

Mamo Qilo

Mamo,
Let us not rush to any conclustion yet. I still think the parties are jokying for position at this stage, so it is a bit like a chase game. Making strong judgment of either side at this stage can only mudy up the political water even furhter. So, I say lets take deep breath and step back. I tink you & the moderator are coming to the conclusion a bit too soon on this one, don't let your emotion take over. When you are emotional you will made wrong decisions, and say dumb things that you will regret;) If you are savy, you will pause here and give it a week before you come to any conclusion.

Having said that, I am hearing none-compromising tone from the PM on the interview with the journalist. And, the opposition is dictating what it wants outside of what the "current" constituion say (my thing is - they agree to abide by it that is why they are competing). It is time for close dor meeting between the two or three leading parties. They should send representatives in a room and close doors, and come out of it with joint statment. Since we don't trust each other, lets throw in a ferege in there to be nutral arbiter. It is unwise for PM to suggest, we can not possibly have anything in common with the opposition - because there are a lot in common - 72million Ethiopians. For the sake of the poor/hungry, they must find common ground to work peacful solution, there is no alternative.

footnote:
The transparecy of the whole political process playing out in public for all to see is plus for Ethiopian democracy. But the negative atmosphere is still hovering, it could engulf us and take the whole ship down with it. I pray it will not come down to that, because that will be loose/loose to all.

Email: mamo@yahoo.com

One more thing, Mr. Mamo, don't expect the EPRDF to accept all demands made by the opposition, just like don't expect the opposition to radily accept every thing sayed by the EPRDF. It is childish to say I told you so at this stage, and because one or the other politcal party is not accepting the others demand. They definatley need close door face to face meeting now. They should both stop being selfish! This is NOT a GAME and should NOT be a winner take all- looser go home. Every one has to come out of it as win/win. The future of 72million lives are at stake....

Sir,

I will wait for aa week even a month and check with the Moderahae sent the $1000 bet money. Meanwhile, you seem to be backpedalling again when you wrote: "Having said that, I am hearing none-compromising tone from the PM on the interview with the journalist. And, the opposition is dictating what it wants outside of what the "current" constituion say (my thing is - they agree to abide by it that is why they are competing)." There is nothing in the current constitution that allows vote rigging. They competed to win, not to compete. And they expected that EPRDF would play by the rule of the game according to the constitution. EPRDF did not. So, stop this current constitution defense.

Mamo QIlo

Ali,

What is your reply. My question to you was do you consider vote rigging constitutional. Turst me I know the constitution in side out article by article, it does not reject power sharing, and definitely does not endorse re-election. re-vote is hapening in a number of regions already, Mr. Mororn. Do not talk like a scholar, which you are not. A constitution is a complex document. It simply is not for the likes of you and gebremenamen.

Mamo QIlo

Our country is facing the worst enemies ever has happened to her. We all know how the 15 may election conducted. It was brutally high jacked by TPLF cadres (meles, Bereket, Arkebe---) and group of kehady, hodam, foolish and animals called NEB (handpicked by an x president-meles who took power with gun). Because of the sake of the country, the visionary and very much aware off the country situation, the opposition parties who have mandates and supports from the Ethiopian people requested the TPLF created EPRDF regime to form a National Unity Govt in order the situation peacefully be solved.
Those who have no idea about peace and freedom blatantly rejected this very important proposal, disrespecting the oppositions and mainly the Ethiopian people. It is now clear to all Ethiopians people the TPLF stand towards Ethiopia when this proposal simply, quickly and angrily ignored by those few TPLF criminal friends rather than the so called coalition members, EPRDF. The 14 year relationship between TPLF and the rest of the coalition members in the EPRDF comes clear to the Ethiopian people when every decision concerning the country maters especially the important ones are deciding only by the TPLF members (Meles, Bereket, Arkebe) and kehadi Addisu legese and sometimes the x- taxi chauffeur (Dawit Yohannes) who is affecting his own people while helping the TPLF criminals.
Now the first option to save our country is rejected by criminals who are relaying in harassment, terror, prison and killing. It is clear now that as long as they are not in power, they don't care about the country and people. It seems to me that they are looking forward in order law and order disappeared from Ethiopia hoping to prolong their resident in our palaces. It seems to me that they are more than ready to doing anything only to benefit themselves.
The question now is what the oppositions and the Ethiopian people have to do next? War, hate, destruction, division, hunger, poverty, diseases, terror and the likes are the best ways the TPLF cadres are looking for our people. They are champions leading the 72 million people this way since they appeared in picture with their negative actions.
TPLF is created not for the sake of the Ethiopian people but we all know the answer the reason why. The opposition’s vision and approach to the situation in our country must be very different that the TPLF cadres are. If we approach them the way they want us to be that way (hate, war, disagreement, disunity, weak---) they will stay over our head until all of us disappeared because of causes they are creating for this purposes.
The oppositions must stay uniting and clean from personal interests. If there is no country, there exist no people even to call. If there are no people, there is no way to satisfy personal interests. So, we all first have to secure the well being of our country rather than looking to implement personal visions. We have to understand that as an individual each of us are different. But as people we have to have common grounds. We have to know how to give and take. We have to develop a win or lose behaviour, not because of individual sakes but the sake of the majority. We need also to understand the implication of important choices towards the majority. To carry responsibilities concerning the nations matter is not a joke. It is the highest responsibility, achievement and sometimes punishment against personal interest. We have to give first priority to the first choice looking the situations from many angles.
Now TPLF cadres are rejected the NUG. They acted the leadership position is given to them to spread hunger, misery, destruction, division and hate among the peace loving Ethiopian people. Right here, I would be happy if I hear their ideas concerning this issue from the 3 biggest coalition members of EPRDF. Are they the new EPRDF members that going to use democratic process inside the party first rather than bluffing against the people through media? How is it possible the smallest coalition members in the EPRDF (TPLF) still are using the best properties, positions, and anything the country has while the 3 biggest coalition represents more that 80% of the party and 90% of the population. Wake up the new EPRDF. You have to remember the name NEW EPRDF is give by Gojjame, who is I the one my people vote in East Gojjam is stolen by TPLF and NEB joint conspiracy. Because of your service to the TPLF cadres against the interest of the Ethiopian people, you will never reach to paradise but to hell. If you are healthy and full grown human being, you would be mad with yourself because of the action you are doing, serving the criminal cadres of the TPLF. Do you know what they did to our country and our solders when they were Gorillas? Don't you understand what they are doing to us since they took power since 14 years a go? Don't you ashamed of yourself when you give respect and follow criminals who have no right to become leaders after committing so many crimes and looking very much to continue with their atrocity? I know soon rather than latter am going to see practical reactions from members of the EPRDF against the TPLF members if they have not lose completely their human conscious when their country is abducted by the smallest coalition (TPLF) members.
We, as one nation have to give unlimited support to the oppositions. We have to understand that they are facing the worst creatures (TPLF) cadres and it is not easy to them to score points we all are looking for to the sake of our country. They are facing the worst than those tknown wild animals who are looking to eat our country for their survival like tigers and lions do naturally to animals. They are living in people's palaces and villas. They are using people's property. All of them came with nothing and now they are the richest people in the country and in Africa. They are using us to the maximum. Yet in place of appreciation, they are determined to kill us with weapons bought with public money. If they are human, they would do anything for the sake of the country when poverty took charge in every body’s life. But as I said we are facing the look like humans with empty soul and direction towards God's way.
The opposition have to continue with their peaceful resolution the crisis with the so called govt. For the sake of the country we have to prepare to the maximum doing anything even we personally don't believe with. But we have to draw lines to cross and not to cross. The people vote must be respected. It has to be the main duty to all opposition parties. There shouldn't be any compromise against the people’s interest. The NEB is proven to be part of the TPLF. The oppositions have to end their active relationship with this proxy bad Ethiopians serving the TPLF interest.
The oppositions need to intensify their diplomatic mission with practical approaches. For example they have to explain with written documents about the whole Election process, the constitutions, about the nature of the Govt from its beginning, about the danger of its policies, about the chronic poverty situation in the country, about the harassment, killing, imprisonment etc and especially about the relationship between NEB and the Govt. The govt also has to be charged with its crime against humanity especially about the killing of youth and mothers in front of their house in daylight. The pictures have been seen by the international community. So, the diplomatic war against criminal TPLF cadres and NEB has to be intensifying by the oppositions and by Ethiopians everywhere we are. The oppositions have to have close contacts with civic organizations. The Ethiopian teacher association, students organizations, women organizations, Business people, religion organizations and with every Ethiopian. They have to understand that they are heroes to the Ethiopian people. They also have to understand that the Ethiopian people totally relying on them. Because of their big responsibility, they have to have very healthy, clean, clear tie relationship with the Ethiopian people. They have to know that they are leaders to the 72 million Ethiopian people. Every one is on the line actively supporting them and if anything happens to them there are millions to carry on the struggle. Woyane have no ability to kill, imprison or do whatever bad things to silent the determined mass Ethiopians. The nanny to unwanted and unblessed Baby meles (Legese) Tony Blaire, the manager to the childcare centre, Bush and those who are looking to take care the after school parentless meles will never stand against the Ethiopian people. If they know the Ethiopian people are determined to topple these few TPLF cadres, without additional explanation, they will be with us.
We are the first responsible to our matters. But don't forget we are living in the global world. TPLF also made our people to be totally dependent on the west as worst as to save our life. It is shame but it is the reality. We have to do anything to solve the situation without major crises. But if it comes about the people choice, there would be no any compromise. I personally will never forgive to myself if the stolen people's vote from East gojjam is not given back to the hard working, innocent, determine, hero, believer and Ethiopian lover residents with millions. My families, neighbours, relatives, friends and people in East Gojjam will never accept the cheat by those from Tigry who committed many crimes against the good and true Tigrian people, too. Many people from east Gojjam as it was happened from the whole Ethiopia didn't die in Adwa or in any battle to save the Tigrian people in order those saying from Tigry to cheat them with their vote in daylight. Here I’m not just talking behind my compute but it is my deeply internal feeling I already determined since 15 may election that if the people vote is not respected peacefully, I would fight the fight against TPLF members and Kehadi NEB until I passed away. I will not enjoy the life after I knew TPLF cadres have stolen my people’s vote and as the result they became again the rulers, illegally. I and they we all born the same way. Their right and my right to my people is the same in the right way. They have no right to live life at the expense of the Ethiopian people. I give them time. If they don't listen. We the children of Belay Zeleke know how to fight the enemy. Do they know Bamlaku? Do they know Wobale? Do they know the people of Bichena, Motta, Debre Markos, Enesse, Basso, Machakel, Debre Elias, Wament---. They have no idea about the people of Gojjam. All of them are the same. There is no East or west Gojjam. We are living in one big and beautiful home protecting by God, (abay). No Gojjame, No Ethiopian will accept living under difficult life caused by people so called leaders. Except God no one has the right to determine anyone’s life, especially those criminal TPLF cadres not, period.

I also very much want to see the Tigrian stand concerning the current situation in Ethiopia. Although all tigrians have got no even a little respect by TPLF cadres as they denied their right to vote, their brothers and sisters from the rest of Ethiopia and worldwide are thinking of them. Behalf them the rest of the Ethiopian people have got at least the right to vote although the TPLF took the result illegally to become again illegal leaders. When the majority of the Ethiopian people are fighting to get the stolen vote back, people in Tigry who have got no right even to gather, discuss and vote seems are happy about the current situation in the country. The rest of the Ethiopian people are dying and suffering by TPLF cadres who are saying from Tigry, the tigrians are not showing their sympathy to the suffering Ethiopian people and their objection against the TPLF cadres. We all know if TPLF members get even a little practical opposition in Tigry, the situation in the country would be better in the mater of days. If they continue being silent and turn their face while their brothers and sisters are suffering and dying by few cadres using the people of Tigray illegally as their backers, then it would become clear the Tigrian stand towards their Ethiopian brothers and sisters one side and their open and secret positions towards the TPLF, too.
As they are part of the Ethiopian people, their relationship with the Ethiopian people is the best interest to them rather than those handful criminal Eritrean blood TPLF cadres. Despite People in Adwa and the rest of Tigry know meles’s father and his grandfather from Tigry and another grand father from Eritrea (his mother side) were bandas and the hate feeling towards Ethiopia including Tigry in the Meles family is a generations old and deep rooted, brave and faithful tigrians are still accepting him to do what ever he wants against Ethiopia. First he made our country landlocked, then Eritrea became the biggest coffee export country in Africa while there was/ is no a single coffee tree there, then he created war in order to kill our young people with thousands. Meles jailed, killed and forced them to exile the true Ethiopian, born in Tigry because of their stand towards Ethiopia. Yet the Tigrian people listen and accept what these few cadres are saying and asking them. Ethiopians living in Tigry are God loving people. We all know we have many things in common starting from religion and other traditions. We have the same face, we have the same tradition, we have the same forefathers etc. In Gods name, way do you believe when the TPLF cadres saying to you “if TPLF is not staying in power, the rest of the Ethiopian people will kill you?” We know they have no respect to you too as they completely loosed respect towards Ethiopia. But it is difficult to think off even for a while the so called leaders on one side saying to the rest of Ethiopia “the Tigrian people are backing us and we are working for Tigry.” On the other side they are wishing in order people in Tigry became antagonist with their brothers and sisters in the rest of Ethiopia. They are so sick thinking bad for you. They are very negative cadres terrorising you saying “The Amhara, Oromo or else will kill you “while their secret is having you to back them to stay in power. They perfectly know if they get opposition in Tigry they will not be leaders even for more than one day.
So, as these criminals are saying “we have support by the people in Tigry”, anything happening against the rest of the Ethiopian people by these criminal few cadres, will be seen directly linked with innocent tigrians, too. The wish of the Ethiopian people from you is not tomorrow, not after many damaged have been made, not after many hostilities created but today tigrians must join actively with the fight against the enemies of the Ethiopian people. You have got no right to vote at all. But when you became silent concerning the 15 may election, it is difficult to ignore your neutrality with the TPLF cadres who are terrorising and committing unreversed crimes against our common country and people. Your brother and sister relationship with all Ethiopians is facing a very big test. You can’t ignore without showing your stand. If you continue keeping silent as if there is nothing happen while the future to our country lays in big question, then it is easy to conclude about you stand towards Ethiopia.
Since 15 may all Ethiopians in the country and Diaspora are expressing their objection against the TPLF cadres’ activity towards the Ethiopian people. We are looking all Tigrians in the country and abroad to join their brothers and sisters for the sake of our country. We all have to admit that it is the matter of time. TPLF dominating regime in Ethiopia is over. Soon or latter the Ethiopian people will take power in hands. The Tigrian contribution to this matter is very essential as the TPLF cadres are using them as their covers. But with or without them the Ethiopian people will win the battle. Before it is too late and created mistrust between us, Tigrians must join now for the sake of our common people and country and have very bright future together.

Email: Ghion@hotmail.com

Mamo
t bothers me a smart person like you harping on vote count at this stage, becuae I believ you know better than what you are saying. Look we all would have liked for the vote count to have been computerized so that no NEB would NOT have been needed to count the votes. But, reality is reality. You have to see the world AS IT IS, NOT AS YOU WISH IT TO BE. From the outset, I said I will leave with the outcome of the NEB decision for "THIS" election. By this I am not endorsing the vote count, because I don't know for sure if rigging occur or not (but lets say it has). If you have Ethiopia's best interest at heart, you wouldn want all parties to work out their differences for now, learn from this and move on.

Stop trying confusion on our bet from the last time. I promised to pay $1000 if the outcome of this election will result in other way than what I predicted - which would have been resulted in EPRDF winning (fair or unfair is another question), and CUD/EUDF remaining as minority. There is nothing that suggest so far, anything different will come to pass. Now, attaweneabed - with your smart aleky way and changing the subject here be gentlman for a change. As, I have said to you most hager wedade hulu shoul be willing to leave by the NED decision, provided that EPRDF promise to take several steps to bridge the rift between itself and oppositoin. I will send out in detail what those are in the near future. EPRDF should be humbled and shouldn't take remaing in the office is its devine right, and the opposition shouldn't attack EPRDF as if it is not Ethiopian, like it or not they are.

Ali,

Sir, you are a moron. I keep asking you one question: Does the constitution allow vote rigging? nswer this Mr Mororn.

Mamo Qilo

Ethiopian,

The difference between you and me is that you are willing to close your eyes and allow meles to rig the vote. I refuse to accept this. You keep on telling us that EPRDF has finished its 9 lives and they will have no choice to compromise. They keep on telling you to go to hell.

I like the way your tried to get out of the bet. You said my prediction is EPRDF would be announced the winner, (fairly or unfairly is a different questio). If it is unfair, winning is not the word youwish to use. It is called vote rigging. Why are you afraid to say that wehn your are willing to say "winning unfairly" for weeks. Second, what I find annoying about you is that you criticize the opposition for using strong language against the government, but remain mum about the language of EPRDF. I also cahllenged you to come up with one strong message from Hailu, Berhanu, Ledetu, Merara, Petros?

You are amazing. Cough out the $1000 which yu have lost.

Mamo Qilo

M.Q,

This is a face saving approach. You those call someone moron are those who know what is being moron.

I have a clear answer.Vote riging is not a constitutional issue. It is simply a crime punishable under the election law and other laws.

The most important point here is that a vote rigging, if proved, entitles any party to apply for re-count or re-vote. That is why, the election has already decided re-election in 31 contituencies.

I assure you that no where in the world has a vote rigging led to the total disregard of a country's constitution.

Ali

Email: alimodi_akrimodi@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Mamo,
For the record I said "7" lives (as in the cat) not 9, so you are coght red handed misrepresenting what I have said purposely (go look back) - so stop that doing that. Not easy to rebut without cut/paste is it? I encourage you to continue not to cut/paste ,however, it is good start. And stick to one name!

On a serious note, I have said several harsh comments about the EPRDF - please do not lie, go back and look. For example, I have highlited/underlined and circled their zeregnet and its unaceptability and unsustainability. Any how, I don't want to fall in the trap of proving my love for justice in Ethiopia, by how much I hate EPRDF. As I have said, I want to start fresh new chapter. This require forgiving but not forgetting. The reason for me to see things this way is, I belive the cournty's poor/sick/hungry should be given priority for a change. Getting people out of the dire existance should force us to accept certain things even though we may not think it is 100% fair at this stage. So, I expect for the opposition to take the gains and build on it, and continue to keep the ruling party in check.

I will send the $ for the victim regardless, but not becuase I was worng, but because I want to part of those who help heal the wonds.

Ali,

You still are a moron. Sorry. Vote rigging has resulted in re-vote at the national level. This is not the first time. What the proposal asks for is just that, but to make the revote, transparent, fully acceptable by all it is suggesting a transitional government. Where in the constitution did you read that such a proposal is unconstitutional. Mr. Moroon, the more you try to come across as a scholar the more you come across as a moron.

Ankasa Doro

Ethiopian,

Yesterday you were for the proposal and for the interim government. Today you are for the opposition to getting what they have and hoping for next election. Have a back bone and stand for a principled position. Do not be wishy wahsy.

Mamo Qilo

Aye mamo yante neger - fesame nehe. I mean your "true colour" is coming out now, you are resorting to insult when you are beggining to see what I have predicted is right on the Money. Your gelebanet is now exposed for all to see, you jumped in this forum thinking as if you are a campaign manger for Republicans. It is obvious from the start you don't understand Ethiopian politics work period. As I have pointed out you may have alterior motives for pushing this so hard and relentlesly.

Any one in his right mind or who is sen will not tell you that "vote rigging" is ok constitutional or other wise. You keep chaning the subject to vote riggin whenever you are cornered - why is that? I picked that you are a misguded moron when you keep insisting on vote count issue and refuse to stepback and see the whole situation and re-analize to find other ways to get to where you want to end up. That is true Democracy in Ethiopia where ALL of her children benefit - including the one up north. Nooooo you just go on making points that will amount to no good. So far, you are wrong on every one of your counts, and I am write on mine. Instead of being gentlman and learn from your mistake, you are resorting into name calling & twising what I've said.

Congratulation, you are the moronest of all!!! No one will take this title from you. You are not fit to continue on this forum because you are chamillion, so I suggest for you to tuck your tail behind your legs and get yourself out of this forum and learn. You should not fit to you use the name MamoQ - you should call yourself "sbara doro" not to far from ankasa.