Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prime Minter on "IT"

Meles Zenawi, the Ethiopian prime minister, talks of IT providing a short cut to development. "I want to see ICT pervade all our activities as a government, not just in the urban areas. We want to connect all our villages in two to three years. All education services, likewise. We would also like to provide a bit of telemedicine."

Re: Prime Minter on "IT"

BRAVO ETHIOPIA BRAVO MELES BRAVO EPRDF
SHAME TO ALL POWER CRAVING INDIVIUALS WHO GO BLIND IF THEY DON'T GET IT

Email: deleted

City: deleted

But,,,,this is not about PM Meles Zenawi's last minute extra works, promises, plans and or efforts to secure power,,,,,,this is about respecting the people's voice,..this is about listening to the people's voice!!

IF WE FAILED TO SEE DEVELOPMENT IS A PEOPEL'S VOICE AND ONLY IF WE ARE RUN TO SIT IN "NUBELU PALACE", IT IS INDEED WE HAVE A CORRUPT MIND: A MIND THAT WILL LEAD US NOWHERE.

Selam Gebreselassie

How is it that IT is a "short cut to development"?

I thought a short cut to development includes: open and transparent bureaucracy, an economic policy based on the rule of law and private ownership, modest incentive for private participation, deregulation of government control over several sectors, and privation of government owned businesses. If EPRDF does not know this yet, I think we are all in deep trouble.

In the absence of these, why do you expect economic miracle from IT network any more than you from Ethiopian Tele Authority?

With Love!

It is about respecting the people's voice!!! It is about listening to the people's voice!! LIBERTY, IS WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR!!!LIBERTY TO PICK THEIR LEADER!!!Let the people's voice heard!!! There is a reason why election has to take place, in every countries, through out the world!! According to few of you, the leader is to decide what his/her people want. It is otherwise, a leader is suppose to borrow his/her people's mind and soul while in charge,,,in order to respect his/her people's voice!! So, right now Ethiopian people are asking something with their voices ( new leadership)....and PM Meles Zenawi is...telling them .."No, let me decide what you want..and let me give you instead IT"....that is nothing but disrespecting the people's voice!....And afterall,,, democracy means not to deny people's voice and choice,, but to respect it!!