Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Egypt donates food to Ethiopia

Egyptian humanitarian aid arrives in Ethiopia
Egypt-Ethiopia, Politics, 8/3/2005
www.arabicnews.com/ansub/Daily/Day/050803/2005080329.html

Ethiopia took delivery Tuesday of a shipment of humanitarian aid from Egypt for drought-affected people in some parts of the northeast African country.

Chief of the Disaster Prevention and Preparedness Commission (DPPC) Simeon Mechale received the consignment during his meeting with Egyptian ambassador to Ethiopia Shamel Naser.

Mechale voiced appreciation of the Egyptian government's kind gesture, which he saw as evidence of good relations between the two countries.

The Egyptian ambassador, for his part, expressed Egypt's keenness on boosting Egyptian-Ethiopian ties in the various domains.

A special fund for technical cooperation with Africa, affiliated to the Egyptian Foreign Ministry, had sent the shipment which included 73.5 metric tones of foodstuffs.

Re: Egypt donates food to Ethiopia

ah !!
see where we are ? i am afraid of tomorrow we will recieve donation from government of somailia and ertria .

Email: abrham300@yahoo.com

People of Ethiopian loving citizens in the diaspora or inside, whatelse do we need more to hear shame about our beloved Ethiopia ?

Email: kabila@yahoo.com

It is always good to get help for we Ethiopians. Becuase we are always begger. Thanks to Meles the problem is aggarvated and we start to get food from neighbours.

But first of all try to check it whether it is safe or not for people and animals. I am always suspectious.

Email: duga_tena

City: Jimma

When people from Sahara donating food to save life in green Ethiopia, the right question should be, are all Ethiopian less than human? Egypt gets during normal season 85% and during flood season 95% fresh water from Ethiopia. They are warning us and buying and supporting criminal leaders such as meles in order we become unable to use our water. Here who is the one to blame? us. Abay to Ethiopia is the biggest natural resource any country could have. Fresh water is life. Only when we know our life is safe, then we need extra benefits. Such us oil, diamond, gold---. Abay is also the natural fence or love ring to Gojjam. Yet People from stony Tigry-TPLF cadres are selling our water for free to get political supports and millions of dollars for themselves. What Egypt right now doing is supporting a tyranny hoping hardly him to stay on power if it is possible for the next thousands years as he is working since his birth as an evil human being to destabilize Ethiopia as his father and grandfather from both his parents sides were bandas. The Egyptians are showing their stand clearly to the Ethiopian people that they are with this tyranny half grown little and ugly man. The Ethiopian people wake up. Where is Israel, our natural friend? Where is America whom is badly affected by Arab Islamic terrorism? Where is UK and EU? Egypt is the leading Arab Islamic country that has influences in the region. If they want to stop terrorism for long term, they have to assist us in order we become the legitimate owner of the Nile. To control, or punish Egypt, is enough to control the Nile. It is not necessary to chess them through their desert. Who killed recently the southern Sudan leader Dr. J. Garan? If I hear Egypt is the main player, I will totally agree. Any one who is standing side by side with a little tyranny evil meles is the Ethiopians Enemy. Egypt must understand this. Where were they before when people need aid? Why don't they go to the aid seekers to assist them directly rather than through diplomatic channel if they have the right what they are saying and doing? All these are to give a moral or political support to the finished regime, TPLF Cadres or at that matter Tigray has nothing to do with Nile. It is the Ethiopian matter. It is the Gojjam matter. Next time you have to approach us through these two channels. Your old tactics playing games over Nile is over. There is a new Amharic poetic fiction book in the market about Ethiopia Called MUDAY written by Mister Meseret Abebe Belete. As he is born and grown up close to Nile, he has one chapter about Abay in his book. The Egyptian must read it to understand the Ethiopian people stand towards the Nile. They will not need a translator while everything about Abay in that book is belonging to their story. They can get the book in UK, Holland and other countries, too.

Email: Ghion@hotmail.com

Meles is getting an award from Europeans for making Ethiopia the beggar of beggars. Egypt itself cannot survive without the $3 billion donnation it received from the U.S.

Thanks for Meles Zenawi at last Egypt has started paying her water bill she owe to Ethiopia.

Congra Melse this is the part of the Prize from Yala Corperation. Take five, make Blue Nile for Egypt in your life time of tyranny. It is the shamest situation and insult, digress to Ethiopian.

shameonus,

advocating violence is not allowed in this forum.

When in the early 1990s BMW decided to outsource the assembly of some of its best sedans closer to the US market, Mexico was high on the list of countries to receive the foreign direct investment (FDI) for it had a much cheaper labor. A prudent CEO countered it by choosing Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA as the first manufacturing location outside Germany, where labor was much more expensive, a move which would significantly cut into the profit margin of BMW in the short term. The point is clear- it is all about image; an American BMW just sounds better than a Mexican one.

Isn't it Egypt that puts all types of road blocks every time others come to help us with putting a dam on the Nile and feed our people? What a paradox! Donation from Egypt, give me a break! The minister should have declined it, period.

Email: bex@yahoo.com

City: Washington, DC

Has Yara heard about it? It is at the bottom of bottom of all aid to Ethiopia. Was it the reason for the prize? Shame on Yara.

City: Addis Ababa

SHAME IN ALL OF US

I think we all need to start think twice about what we say.It is very shame to take our owen food from Egypt they are very smart they know how to prsuade our government all in our history,it is not only EPRDF.Dear Gojam you know what is your problem a person like you is allways a discrace to Ethiopia you shouldn't hate the tigray people you can hate the EPRDF but not the people.When we stop our zergna believe we can improve all the issue we have other wise we are going to be the poorest country in the world.we need to believe everybody is equal whather you are Gonder or Tigre or Amahara OR Gojame or Oromo.

Hey folks,

I don't think it is a humanitarian aid. Probably these ******* leaders of ours are selling the Nile. They have run out of stuff to sell. And it is a new low for a country that has hit bottom a long time ago. Have Mercy on Us Lord!

Email: erdangeta@yahoo.com

City: atlanta

Do we really wonder? we have a lot that we are about to see?

Ethiopians better watch all the Egyptian spies that will come as a personel to over look the distribution of the food. They will be surveying our condition and land. I do not trust these people at all.

Email: hhaile@gmail.com

City: MS

Egypt is a long time enemy of Ethiopia. No doubt about it it. Egypt wants the Nile for itself. However We need to be grateful to the egyptians. In return the egyptians need to be grateful also to us for thousand year of Nile water. After all they were able to produce food because of the SOIL of Gojam.

Email: tazabi@yahoo.com

I wonder what prompted Egypt to donate to Ethiopia.It never helped out before,even during the 1974 famine that contributed to the fall of Haile Sellasie's government.It is puzzling to me.
If it weren't for their destabilization of Ethiopia by supporting the Eritrean secessionists in the 1960's,70's and 80's, Ethiopia wouldn't have been in the precarious situation it is now.
In spite of their wealth the Arab countries never help poor countries.Least of all Egypt, which is a recipent of large sum of donation from USA eachyear.During the Arab and Israeli wars of the 1960's,their dislike for Ethiopia was so great that we were going to be driven into the sea after Israel.
So where did this compassion come from?

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: York

I will not be surprised if Meles has not sold us out for foreign investors including Blue Nile. I never heard of Egypt helping Ethiopia before. This is strange and a mystery.

I recently read somewhere that Meles has given permission to some foreign investor to mine for coal in one of the southern provinces. My friends, there is going to be an environmental disaster in our country. I saw a documentary about coalmine in West Virginia, and it is a sad story. Not only by blowing up the beautiful mountains, also these companies have caused a disaster by polluting the rivers and flooding the villages. Can you imagine what they will do in Ethiopia if they cause this much damage in this country? According to this document it is easier to clean oil spills than to clean this kind of disaster. There are better ways to create energy. With all that sun in Ethiopia Meles could have invested in for solar energy and windmills. But, I don't think Meles cares and loves Ethiopia.

Amde Meskel,

Egypt did this not out of compassion, but to humiliate us, to tell us: "you fools, I'm growing food using your water, while you were unable to feed yourself!"

Next, we will hear news that Somalia will donate food to us. This is unreal -- the Twilight Zone

Unles the barbaric Meles is removed onece and for all, our humilation will continoue... Tomorrow Djibouti will dodate us then Niger..., O' God, what are doing?!!

Email: btworkie2003@yahoo.com

City: Stuttgart

The main reason why Egypt gave food aid to Ethiopia is to express their happiness to TPLF regarding the new agreement reached by the two bodies. The agreement was so embarrassing to TPLF, and none of the past Ethiopian governments has done such a grave mistake. Unfortunatelly, the TPLF government agreed to sell our 'NILE' for nothing. They agreed not to use and touch the main Blue Nile river forever. And, Egypt, in compensation for this, agreed to help Ethiopia technically and finacially to use other rivers and some of the small tributeries of the blue nile river. The Egyptians are extremely happy since they are the ones who have the full authority of the river. it is so sad. I now doubt where this people come from.

Moderator, i am disappointed the way you are handling this forum to my knowledge this room is full of Eritreans who wants to take advantage the problem we are facing and you let them fllow freely absoulutley anacceptable and you should refrain yourself from such behavior. i know your trying hard to make this forum perfect and the other hand you still guilty for your act you think anyone who hate Meeles is true ethiopia unfortunatley that's not true please come back to yoursense and do the right thing for your country i beg you Mr moderator.

Yekihidet guzowu QuliQulet newu alu pro. Mesfin. Shame on us!

Email: ethiomt@yahoo.com

Can you believe that we are getting food aid from EGYPT? I am saying this not because I am confident on the amount of food we have for our people but the fact that we are getting it specifically from Egypt make me think.

For those of you who don't know Egypt, it is the country that doesn't want us to use our water resources to be self secured in food. Each time the country proposes for a water development around Nile river,they will do everything they can to block projects. They use international organizations such as World Bank and others for this purpose.

Now,they gave us food and our rulers accepted it. They want us to be dependent on foreign aid and not utilize our own water resources. You can do the math if we really have an Ethiopian government at home. Gebreselassie, I want to see your response.

Nestanet

City: Atlanta

TO ALL of you,
for sure you have been singing about NILE for long time, the same song you still singing stop it from now on pointing finger will not make you the mr perfect do your part please?

Shame on us!! Shame on us!! Woi nedo! woi nedo!!!

They are giving us the garbage after the consume our own fresh food. Yibelen!!

Email: fekaduteshale@yahoo.com

THE NAME OF GOD,YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE,GROW UP!AND BE MUTURE!DAY BY DAY YOU ARE SOUNDING LIKE MR.BUSH,AND LIKE MR.MR.BLARE!FOR THEM EVERY THING IS AL-QEADA!THEY SEE AL-QEADA EVERYWHERE!A LEAF CARRIED AWAY BY A BRITH OF WIND IS AN AL-QEQDE!!THE ENEMIE HAS REALLY GOT THEM WHERE THEY WANT THEM!!!!
GOD FORBID THT THIS SHOULD BE OUR END!!
THE EGYPTION RESPONDED TO ETHIOPIAN HUNGER APPEAL WORLD WIDE BY MELESE GOVERMENT(EPRDF).OUR RESPOND SHOULD BE THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!
OUR BUSINESS WITH OUR GOVERMENT IS OUR BUSINESS.WE, AND ONLY WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM!NO ONE IS GOING TO FIGT OUR FIGHT FOR US!THE FIRST THING IN A FIGHT IS TO GET RID OF FEAR!ONE OF THE GREAEST PRESIDENT OF AMERICA,PRESIDENT ROSEVELT,SAID "THE GREATEST FEAR IS FEAR IT SELF"WHAT AN ASTOUNDING SUMMATION OF MAN CHAINED BY HIS OWN FEAR IMMAGINE OR OTHER WISE...FEAR OF THIS,FEAR OF THAT ETCRA,ETCRA..ADD-INFINITUM.YES,EVEN THE MIGHTY,AMERICA THROUGH OUT THERE HISTORY WERE EGOULFED BY FEARS!THERE GOD ,HAWEVER NEVER LEFT TEHM ALONE!HE HAS ALLWYS RAISED LEADERS FROM AMONG THEM TO FACE EEAR RIGHT IN THE EYE AND TELL IT FOR WHAT IT IS, A- BIG L-I-E!
WE OWE THE BIRTH OF DEMOCRACY TO SUCH UNSELFISH MEN OF VALOUR AS AB.LINCOLN, AND D.ROSEVELT,JUST TO NAME A
FEW'
MELESE ZENAWE AND HIS MURDERIOUS GANG OF THEFS ARE DENYING THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE THIS DEMOCRACY!AMERICA,WHAT WHAT ARE YOU DOING STANDING UP BESIDE A BASTERDISED-COMMUNIST IDEOLOGY!
MR.BUSH BE LIKE YOUR PREDESSOR,MR REGAN!"TEAR DOWN THE WALL" AND UNCHAIN YOU SELF FROM THE CHAIN OF AL-QEADA YOU RAPE YOUR OWN SELF WITH.LIKE YOUR FOR FATHERS DID LOOK FEAR IN THE EYE AND TELL IT AS IT IS!THE ENEMIES READ THESE FEAR OF AL-QAEADA OF YOURS,LOUD AND CLEAR,AND THY ARE USING IT TO BLIND YOU FROM THE TRUTH,AND FROM JUSTICE,THE TWO PILLARS OF DEMOCRACY!WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR UNSHAKELMENT OF THE SELF RAPED CHAIN OF AL QEADE!GOD GIVE YOU THE STRENGETH!!!
ETHIOPIA IS GOD'S COUNTRY!!!

Email: messayewossen@yahoo.com

City: los angels

I have been in Egypt and I can witness that it almost totally depends on the Nile River, specially on Blue Nile. As fas as I am concerned, this donation from Egypt leads me to two conclusions: (1) Meles is simply a disgrace to the Black race; and (2) shame on us Ethiopians that we have not been able to remove him from power. Think about it.

Email: wazeleke@yahoo.com

Ye Abay'n Lij Wuha Temaw!

City: In a democratic Nation

Sad on you guys (ethiopians) , dont you feel shame about yourself not because Egypt has helped us but this all years long u r unable to do something. Even your people instinct is getting lower and lower than those 19th century ethiopian leaders. It is shame to see this generation to see dancing hip hop and R & B.
Do you guys have atleast a knowledge that the Egyptians are secretely trying and experimenting to build Atomic bomb( recent International Atomic energy Agency).You better think about it , otherwise it is not for anybody else it is for you guys. Rather than blaming each other, think about it , Use your talent before it is too late

Email: jame123@yahoo.com

I am ashamed of you my Fellow County men. We are poor and in need of assistance. Egypt answered our call for help. We should be grateful for that, not construct some sort of conspiracy theory. There is a great deal of Islam- phobia among Christian Ethiopians. You keep ignoring the fact that half of the Ethiopian population is Muslim. This will not lead us to nothing but destruction. Think about it!!!!!!!! Dinqu

Email: babussu@hotmail.com

City: Stockholm

What if Egypt helped us? What is up with that? Why are we happy to receive food from USA and not from Egypt. Go tell thsi to a woman whose children are dying of famin and tell her your concern about her getting food from Egypt. You eat 36 different flavors of ice cream. You get too fat and then go pay waight watchers 3o dollars a month to help you shed your fat and complain that the children of a poor woman is being saved by wheat that came from Egypt. Shut up.

You have seen the sacrifice that Shibre, the only bread winner of her family paid. Her family is going to be starved. Let us help her family. Otherwise your hero's family would wind up linining up for wheat donation from Egypt. I will pay $200 towards this goal. Can you match that?

The Mamo Qilo

Where have you all been? Egypt in the name of technical assistance has been sending its spies to center stage its force intelligence. Al-Ahram: Abu-Zeid: Egyptian experts take part in building three dams to generate electricity in Ethiopia (7/6/2005)

There have been meetings
Egypt ends differences with Ethiopia, brings together al-Bashir and Zenawi (4/18/2005)

And friendship ?
Egyptian Ethiopian Friendship Society founded (7/9/2004)

Haile Selassie Gugsa is back in disguise.

Email: ert@bot.com

City: No where

The question here is not about why Egypt giving aid to us? But it has to be the reason why we are not strong and competent enough as human being doing the right thing on the right time to become ourselves. It is known 97% all Egypt’s fresh water comes from outside. They are getting only 3% fresh water from their territory. We have Nile, we have Awash, we have Wabi shebele and we have many more big rivers pouring out of the country. It is our weakness, which is unexpected from a normal human being at this time to become hungry because of shortage of food, related to water. Here is the problem. In one side we have lots of fresh water in the country. Tana Lake has more than the total amount of Fresh water the whole of England has. On the other side we became unable to use them. We are not enough to be ourselves. We are our problems. As I understand many Ethiopians don't care about water when their rivers pouring out of the country with out noticing them, I have to explain them that seawater is not a fresh water. You can’t use it as drinking water, or for agriculture and etc. we have more important water resources that any country surrounded by sea.
The problem is our weakness unable to use our water. I said earlier water is life. There is no a single raw material which is valuable than water. The second very important thing to life is water, after air. Food comes after you have water. Yet we are talking about gold, diamond, oil, gas,--- for the development of the country. People, God gives our country us to be the water tower of Africa. Yet we became the hungry people by ourselves. Shame on us. I know very well you out there, your mentality to work. Life is short. You have to be busy creating results with hard work. You people especially in towns and cites, you are the most stupid people ever this world have seen concerning work. You like to walk, talk, sleep--- but not working in your garden to produce for example tomato, potato, pepper, onion, and different types of vegetables and cereals when their price reaches so high as it is from gold. Mam, sister, wife, girl friend--- do this for me, give it to me ---. Shame on you especially the young people. You are proud saying our or my servant did it for me rather than I did it by my self. Unless you know the value of work, you will continue begging with out shame as you did for the last many years. If you have shame, you would wake up, stand up and work hard to become self-sufficient. The administration is the first to blame. But concerning having own food consumption in our green country Ethiopia is the people’s problem. Even the lies are working hard to get their food and water. Our thinking and action is so unpractical when even the lies are using us for their benefit through our mouth, nose, eye and etc. our response towards little meles is also describing who really we are. We all know he is the worst enemy our country ever has. He is using us in front of us and the world. He is doing what ever he likes disrespecting the 72 million Ethiopian people. He is right now busy to take power by stealing the people's vote. His policy based on Ethnic division is purposely calculated to destroy Ethiopia. He made our country landlocked. He is making lots of damages to us. We also know they are few cadres, counting with hand fingers. Yet we are afraid of them. Afraid of what? What do you have to lose? You already lose your country because of those from Tigry. Here I’m saying the TPLF members and their advocates. Right now you are blaming Egypt while too much afraid a little creature half grown evil (meles) when he treats us like a herd. Don't blame or fight against the results. You have to do it against the cause. The main cause to our situation is the leadership problem, Period. The time is now to get the leadership responsibility back to the Ethiopian people. Go out in mass to exercise your right. Don’t hate or attack anyone because of his/ her Ethnic or religion. You have to confront not only TPLF cadres and their advocates but also their family members who are benefiting illegally from the Ethiopian people. If you are still thinking solving you current problem through blla, blla, you are still sleeping a very deep sleep. Egypt is not our primary enemy. Our so called leaders are our main enemies. A leader is the head of the mass. If the head is sick, the mass will suffer and die first. Leadership position is like a brain to human, like a motor to cars. So, our problem is related to our brain. Our sickness is little meles and his cadres. Give them tablets, injection, Habesha Medhanit, take them to Tsebel, cut them with sharp---, after that we all will be healthy. As long as the TPLF cadres Meles, Bereket, Arkebe, Abaye--- are there, there will no peace, unity, prosperity and happiness in our country. To get these, we have to prepare to pay any sacrifice against them

Email: Ghion@hotmail.com

Yes, that is what was not done in the past. We will continue to face all varieties of humiliations under Woyane rule. Woyane is a disgrace to Ethiopian pride and prosperity. It is sworn for embarassing Ethiopia even by receiving food from such backward countries as Egypt. If Egypt were rich enough to be able to donate food, it could not have prevented us from using our own water to save our lives. We don't want thier food, we want our water. Our water is feeding them. The food they give is our water, not thiers.

Kenya and Uganda are working on their waters. Woyane is not. It is serving Arabs and has handed over our water to them for the leftover bonus it gets from them.

Email: abathun@yahoo.com

City: BD

That is the least we have to expect unless!!!!!!!

I don't think the news is going to be surprising to many of we,Ethiopians.It is normal and natural that if we don't act togetherly as one people and country.This is just the beginning of the beginning.What is know demanded right at this juncture from us is to revise and evaluate how we finally have reached at this stage and re-engineer our next.

Email: jackjoggy@yahoo.com

That is the least we have to expect unless!!!!!!!
I don't think the news is going to be surprising to many of we,Ethiopians.It is normal and natural that if we don't act togetherly as one people and country.This is just the beginning of the beginning.What is know demanded right at this juncture from us is to revise and evaluate how we finally have reached at this stage and re-engineer our next.

Email: jackjoggy@yahoo.com

WHY WE ARE ASHAMED NOW WHEN AN AFRICAN AND A NEIGHBOUR NATION WHICH PRODUCES HER WHEAT FROM THE NILE IS EXTENDING HER HANDS WITH A DIRE STUFF OUR PEOPLE NEED - THE FOOD? IT IS ALL THE SAME STUFF THE WEST IS HELPING US. WEST ARE NOT GIVING US A NUCLEAR OR SPACE TECH. AND THEY ARE NOT GIVING US THE FOOD FOR NOTHING! I WEIGHT MORE WHEN A POOR OR CHALLENGED PERSON HELPS ME THAN A RICH OR EXTRAVAGANT ONE. PLEASE, STOP YOUR COMPLEXITY OF IGNORANCE AND WORK HARD AT LEAST TO REACH WHERE EGYPT HAS. IT IS THIS ATTITUDE WHICH IS KEEPING OUR COUNTRY OUT OF ANY PROGRESS AND NOT REALLY MELES OR MENGISTU. BE CONTAINED TO PRAISE ACHIEVERS AND NOT DISDAIN THEM IF YOU WANT TO BE ACHIEVERS. SHAME ON YOU!!!!

City: Houston, TX

what a hell is this ,look friends Egypt can not servive as a country with out ethiopia (blue nile ) but i heard that this country donates to my country ,that is ethiopia .it`s a shame we give our resource to Egiptians and we begg from them .ohhh friends what kind of generation we are ,really we are dead generation.

Email: kkoko444@yahoo.com

City: london

Change of mind and heart

Dear fellow Ethiopian,

I think it is better to sit down and think twice for our own benefit. We need a change of heart and mind that can create constructive ideas that would enable the country to move forward in what so ever condition that we are currently in. Otherwise, we will never ever reach where we are supposed to reach. Please let’s focus on solution rather than exaggerating problems. It will not be far before we receive similar donation from Somalia. I am saying this to ashamed you but not with the intention of undermining the neighbor Africa country. May God bless the mind and the heart of Ethiopian people. So that we will utilize all our knowledge and experience for the benefit of our people.

Email: tesfu@hotmail.com

Abay Abay...Abay Abay...Abay Abay...
hohoy..."yetim fichiw duketun amchiw" it doesn't matter where the water is going, important is we are using our Abay even in Egipt with some "wezaders"
from there.

The food aid from Egypt has revailed one thing. The failure of our leaders and it citizens collectively. It is a blessing in disguise that will enable us to ask questions like how? and why? We have many Ethiopians economists and experts who work for world bank and other institutions but how could they allow their country which is endowed with so many natural resources beg? Is it not time for them to tell us what is possible and not with out compromising our country sovernity? Is dependancy the destiny of this ancient country of ours? We have to brake this cicle!

It is a classical paradox of a beggar sharing what he has with another beggar.Ofcource as a show off.

Email: efrembsaba@aol.com

City: Arlington

Gojjam,

What is the matter with you? Mulu Tobia kadenekat hager naw ende yemetahiw? bel arfeh kuch bel. This is Amerika. You bring check! we bring check!

Well put Amde-Meskel and the other concerned Ethiopians who expressed similar views. The Nile is a blessing from God. We all know what Meles and his groups were doing with the Eritreans during their first few years in power. To name one, Eritrea was called a mass producer of coffee. I wonder where that Eritrean coffee production has disappeared to? Ha Ha Ha! Egypt and Eritrea have been working together to destabilize Ethiopia for centuries. Egypt is a weak country that has had its ass kicked by Israel so many times and even in Yemen thousand of them were killed. Ethiopia SHOULD NEVER accept any food donation from ememy Egypt…let Egypt feed its people adequately before trying to help others. On our side, instead of begging for donations from an aid-recipient Egypt our government should:
A. Lay the foundation for the use of the Nile and other rivers by our people. Egypt is not the source but the end of the river. Egypt should be begging to use our river water.
B. Meles’ government should give back land ownership to the people so that they can farm their own land. The land does not belong to the government but to all Ethiopians as long as they comply with the law. Our country will be wealthy again if people work willingly rather than being forced.
Before the so-called election and the Nile issue surfaced the Ethiopian media and Meles have been saying that Ethiopia needs to start using the Nile River. Right now we don’t know where his stand is. I personally don’t expect much from Meles or his groups but as Ethiopians we will all have to pressure our government to follow up on what has been said and what our country needs. This will force Egypt to respect Ethiopia. We are a proud people and we shouldn’t be begging any country for donation, especially food from Egypt, if we have the right government we can feed not only ourselves but also other countries.

Email: negat@sbcglobal.net

City: Houston

Dear Aster H/M,

Why the hell are you talking about EPRP here? Nobody has mentioned this in this forum. I don't want this to let it go without comments. We all know what the EPRP stands for. Let us be honest, in direct contrast to Woyanne and EPLF, it stands for Ethiopia and only Ethiopia. Of course, mistakes were made and the oroganization was the first to admit that. By learning from some of its mistakes, the organization is still doing its best to liberate Ethiopia from dictators and traitors like Meles and other Woyanes. Then and only then Ethiopia will be self-sufficient and stop degging from others. Primarily because of the affection the EPRP has towards the Ethiopian people, the TPLF considers it as its worst enmy. Meles and his supporters hate patriotic Ethiopians (although quite strange and sickening to be 'leaders' of their country). Is this something you hate about EPRP?. I am afaid, I smell something like Woyane in you. If I am wrong on this, sorry.

Email: wazeleke@yahoo.com

bk im with u you r absulutly right go brother or am sisiter u r sayin the rit ting at the rit time

Getting donation to save one Ethiopians after the other i'm for it but,1984 when Tigry/Eriteria was starving Egypt was not sending foods to the very people they trained them let alone eplf/tplf act if they have pride.Today the eastern part of Ethiopia realy suffer bad if the food comes from Egypt save lives and i'm for it but,we all know that's not the case.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Gondar(soil) is the gift of Egypt.

i hope that donation reaches my battered brothers and sisters whom are starving in the ogaden region.

Email: abdi2783@yahoo.com

City: alexandria

Don't forget that the GDP per capita of Egypt is close to over US$700 while Ethiopia's is close to $100. This would suggest that living conditions in Egypt is about seven times better than in Ethiopia. Egypt has never suffered from famine in recent memory while the name in Ethiopia has become synonymous with hunger. Egypt is assisting its poverty redden neighbor because there is a political capital to drived from doing it.

My advise is that we need to focus on our domestic problem first because the immediate enemy is the Melese government that rigged the election. Without adding Egypt as the enemy to tackle Melese is a hard nut to crack. We need to strategic and over come our immotions. Don't also forget Arab immotion and nationalism has not helped them in their war against Israel.

City: Paris

EVERY ETHIOPIAN NEEDS TO SEE A FILM CALLED MYSTRIES OF THE NILE.YOU WILL SEE HOW IMPORTANT THIS LIFE GIVING RIVER TO THE PEOPLE OF EGYPT.IT IS A BREATHTAKING BEAUTY TO GOJJAM AND SHOWA WELLEGA BUT ABSULTE USELESS TO THE ETHIOPIANS.WE CAN NOT BLAME EGYPTIANS FOR USING AND LIVING ON THIS GREAT RIVER.WE KNOW HOW TO CRTISIZE BUT DO NOT ACT TO MAKE USE OF OUR NATURAL RESOURCES.WE BECAME LIKE THE MINORTIES IN AMERICA US THAT IT IS RACISIM.WE CAN NOT BLAME OUR SELF APPOINTED LEADERS TO DO GOOD FOR US.LET US UNITE TO RULE OURSEVES.THE SO CALLED ILLITE ETHIOPIANS ARE THE CAUSE OF OUR MISERY.THEY ARE THE WEAPONS SLAVAREY

Email: GIZA1435@AOL.COM

City: ATLANTA

Gizaw,you for got Gondar,if you seen the mystery of the Nile how Sudan/Egyptians use our soils year after year comes from the high land of Gondar,Gojjam,Shewa.When the rainny season the beauty of our mountains erodes fertile soil goes to river Abay(Blue Nile)any one who been to Kharthoum,Sudan can see the diffrence in water when White/Abay(blue Nile) joins,the blue Nile carries fertile soil from the high land of Ethiopia,the so called White Nile have no value ecxept for drinking with out soil.Khartoum/Cairo sky scrapers are built by Ethiopian soil.The question is why Egypt sending food now?why not yesterday?whats thier game?WE ALL KNOW EGYPT IS THE GIFT OF ETHIOPIAN Rivers and SOIL.I have seen the source of Blue Nile its a mystery...it comes out of the Great Lake Tana flows out its amazing thing to see its great mystery of wonder of world.

It is not a donation. It is the beginning to a long and high payment in return to our fresh water and fertile soil they are getting since human existence. If our Nile was not reaching them, do you think the Egyptian civilization could be there? Nile is the main resource and instrument for having the first and biggest human civilization on earth. Although there are white and blue Niles meeting in Khartoum to reach Egypt, during dry season 86% and during flood season 95% water and almost 100% soil in Egypt comes from Blue Nile, which is from Ethiopia.
So, they can call it what ever they like in this case donation, in my understanding they are paying back the price to our fresh water and soil they are getting for thousands years. Soon they will be forced to stop paying bribes to TPLF or other unelected rulers secretly and they have to pay according to agreements on regular basses if they want to continue to use our water. Nobody gets free oil, which is for car, or other uses while they get our fresh water for life, which is 97% of their total fresh water consumption, is reaching them for free. The agreement between South and North Sudan that would lead the independent of south is became the biggest headache mainly to Egypt. If they behave normally rather than supporting Groups in order to destabilize our country as the created ELF then supported EPLF and TPLF until now and they are also supporting others in the south and east of the country, Nile will be enough for us and them. They have to stop hating us. They have to come with healthy approach in order they and us become the benefitians. They have to stop secretly supporting such as TPLF that is only from tigry and has directly nothing to do with Nile. They have to approach Elected Ethiopian leaders. They have to have open and healthy relationship with the people of Gojjam where the water is circling the era more than 1000 kilometres.

Email: Gumma@hotmail.com

The biggest sin for any person: empty pride.
so what if egypt donates food? how many of us have even sent a dime to help an ethiopian in hunger? what is this "shame"? egypt itself recieves the second largest aid from the US, so it aint like they are making it on their own. i dont know why we ethiopians care more for what something looks like rather than what it does for us. do you know that ethiopia is one of the few countries in the world where it is incredibly difficult to donate to, and yet has almost no technological resources. we have refused entry of textbooks, though there may be just one anatomy textbook for an entire medical school, similarly medicines have been allowed to expire in djibouti, etc because of not wanting to appear needy. despite the fact that they themselves may one day need what was to be offered and die for it. for those who are ashamed about the country recieving food aid from anybody, tell that to a starving woman and her child, and dare take the food back to egypt. misplaced pride is more sinful than intended harm. if there is a problem in what you consider is your world dont blame anyone but yourself for not fixing it.
anyway, sorry for blabbing i just was bored from recovering from jet lag, this entire message board is designed for complaining and bitter discussions over nothing, which will have no effect whatsoever in this world, will not benefit any of its readers or writers. so i bid you farewell.

Email: gedeclue@yahoo.com

City: los angeles

Dear all

In the end, we have failed to speak for ourselves assertively enough and have placed insignificant emphasis on where we should stand on the issue of the Blue Nile. So no wonder those with whom we have to negotiate for our legitimate share extend their charitable arms to our rescue.

City: Addis

I do not think this all comment from Ethiopian. It should be from Shabia. If you don't like melese Zenawi that is ok.I don't like him because he is murderer;however i cann't have a word to say this donation is why it for Ethiopia we are poor we have to accept this,wow i forget it you are not poor you are in Amarika. you don't know how it feels hunger. Aymro tinish nachhu why we get donation? why not the people of Ethiopia should not die. And I don't believe this problem Melese Zenawi the Hunger was in Haileslasie Zemen neber hunger in Derg Zemen hunger neber so what can melese can do. We will see When Kinigt Zemen there will not hunger!!!I wonder If you hate Melesie tell him for the right reason i don't like him i beilive he is murderer Yara price shouldn't right for him Ethipia is still has hunger and recieve donaion from ....Please, if you are realy Ethiopian, Please learn to say thank you Ok!!!!!!!!!!and Watch your mouth Tasgermalachu you are chalenging with obisty and you are saying no donation for poor Ethiopians !! Gudegnoch!!!!!!!!!!