Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who is Muhammad Shamsaddin Megalommatis

I visited a website

http://www.buzzle.com/authors.asp?author=973

(and more links at the bottom of that page)
of Muhammad Shamsaddin Megalommatis, who is currently employed by " Promoters Egypt (www.promoters-eg.com)". "He writes a lot on East Africa on websites", and he does think (wish) that a country by the name Ethiopia does not exist . He likes to talk about Abyssina, a lot. Please read the article on

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/7-30-2005-73960.asp?viewPage=2

in this regard, if you have the time.

I saw some articles quoted on some other Ethiopian discussion fora from his website, but could not authenticate whether what he claims is true about his identity(for example, his Professorship, as he was only a "visitinig professor" a couple of times before he defended his Ph.D., but claims to be a "Professor Dr. ... "..).

Some may say that discussing individuals is not of a high enough intellect to 'waste' time on. However, I see a reason good enough to know about who writes what in the context of history and politics about Ethiopia, especially when there are possible motivations as glaring as the Blue Nile (in the Egyptian perspective, I mean)!!

Would someone tell us if they know possible motives of this person, or the organization he claims works for. I would also be interested to know if there is any involvement of the the Government there.

Thanks a lot!!

Email: alemzel@yahoo.com

Re: Who is Muhammad Shamsaddin Megalommatis

I just saw the website and saw what you saw. He is greek citizin and Turkish decendant. What he is saying
to my amazement is what I have saying so far in this forum with few Sudanese twist. Remember the turks are still in sudane influencing the arabic sudan. do not be angery and or start denial when their is a historical challenge. Here is the gist of his argument what is twisted:
His correct argument:
Hametic people resided in ancient upper EGYPT(which is todays southern Egypt and norther Ethiopia, Sudan and Eritrea). The cu****ic name is interchangebly used to the word Nubians and Ethiopians. The cu****es
are decendants of Hametic people. The cu****es were
the early civilization even before the Egyptians. The ancient Egyptians themselves are hametic but not nubians. The decendants of the Nubians are People who live in southern Egypt calling themselves nubians today, Afars, Kemat, Oromos, Somalis and southern Ethiopians.

What he is trying to twist is sneaking the name sudan
and using the Meroitic Nubian site around nile. First, there is the question of source of nile and Tana. Then the Turk and arabic sudanese wanting to claim that history. If you think about it he seems to write off Axume with the Ancienct Nubian site. Nubia history goes as far as 9000 yrs old. Axumite history on the other hand, if want to belive that Queen sheba was not from yemen but from Ethiopia makes it 2500 years old. What he is not saying is that the Amharas and Tigreans are mixed between Sabean and phenoncian settlers and local cu****ic people and also decendants
of These hametic people. Amhara and Tigreans therefore are not semetic but hametic-semetic

I just saw the website and saw what you saw. He is Greek citizen and Turkish descendant. What he is saying to my amazement is what I have saying so far in this forum with some Sudanese twist. Remember the Turks are still in Sudan influencing the Arabic Sudan. Do not be angry and or start denial when their is a historical challenge.

Here is the gist of his argument and what he is twisting:

His correct argument:
Hametic people resided in ancient upper EGYPT(which is today’s southern Egypt and northern Ethiopia, Sudan and Eritrea). The cush name is interchangeably used to the word Nubians and Ethiopians. The cushietes are descendants of Hametic people. The cushietes were the early civilization even before the Egyptians. The ancient Egyptians themselves are hametic. The decendants of the Nubians are People who live in southern Egypt calling themselves nubians today, Afars, Kemat, Oromos, Somalis and southern Ethiopians.

What he is trying to twist is sneaking the name sudan and using the Meroitic Nubian site around nile. First, there is the question of source of nile and Tana. Then the Turk and arabic sudanese wanting to claim that history. If you think about it he seems to write off Axume with the Ancienct Nubian site. Nubia history goes as far as 9000 yrs. Axumite history on the other hand, if want to be generous and believe that Queen sheba was not from Yemen but from Ethiopia it makes it about 2500 years old. What he is not saying is that the Amharas and Tigreans are mixed between Sabean and phenoncian settlers and local cushietic people and are also decendants of these hametic people. Amhara and Tigreans therefore are not pure Semitic but Hamito-Semitic.

As he said, the Oromo culture is not in confrontational clash with the Amhara - Tigray culture, generally dictatorial and Mythos-based Axum is developed from and is based on the semetic sabean culture as the Geeze syllable indicates. Meroe/Nubians civilization do not have alphabets but is pictorial language like that of the Egyptians.

Here is the fact, Nubians/Ethiopians are the oldest Africans by all account and everyone what a piece of that name including the Arab and Turkish Sudanese.

Sorry about the typos and doulbe copy and paste. Here is my response again.
I just saw the website and saw what you saw. He is Greek citizen and Turkish descendant. What he is saying to my amazement is what I have saying so far in this forum with few Sudanese twist. Remember the Turks are still in Sudan influencing the Arabic Sudan. Do not be angry and or start denial when their is a historical challenge. Here is the gist of his argument what is twisted:
His correct argument:
Hametic people resided in ancient upper EGYPT(which is today’s southern Egypt and northern Ethiopia, Sudan and Eritrea). The cushietic name is interchangeably used to the word Nubians and Ethiopians. The cushietes
are descendants of Hametic people. The cushietes were
the early civilization even before the Egyptians. The ancient Egyptians themselves are hametic but not Nubians. The descendants of the Nubians are People who live in southern Egypt calling themselves Nubians today, Afars, Kemat, Oromos, Somalis and southern Ethiopians.

What he is trying to twist is sneaking the name Sudan
and using the Meroitic Nubian site around Nile. First, there is the question of source of nile and Tana. Then the Turk and Arabic Sudanese wanting to claim that history. If you think about it he seems to write off Axum with the Ancient Nubian site. Nubia history goes as far as 9000 yrs old. Axumite history on the other hand, if want to be generous and believe that Queen Sheba was not from Yemen but from Ethiopia makes it 2500 years old. What he is not saying is that the Amharas and Tigreans are mixed people between Sabean and phenoncian settlers and local cushietic people and also decendants of these hametic people. Amhara and Tigreans therefore are not semetic but Hamito-Semitic.As he said, the Oromo culture is not in confrontational clash with the Amhara - Tigray culture, generally dictatorial and Mythos-based Axum is developed from and is based on the semetic sabean culture as the Geeze syllable indicates. Meroe/Nubians civilization do not have alphabets but is pictorial language like that of the Egyptians.

Here is the fact, Nubians/Ethiopians are the oldest Africans by all account and everyone want a piece of that name including the Arab and Turkish Sudanese.

This is laughable. This is one of the reasons why the whole Africa let alone Ethiopia never develop. The discussion is always about tribalism. Instead of working together as a team to bring the country to the 21first century some of you want to take us back to the 18th century. Tribalism won’t work for democracy. If you want democracy it has to be by vote. Who ever get the majority votes should win. It seems some of you are salivating to take over Ethiopia and rob Ethiopia as Meles and his gangs and be a multi millioners. Why do some of you easily persuade by the people who hate Ethiopia like Isyas and Meles to divide and rule mentality? I know some of you who know the Bible from Genesis to Revelation very well, at the same time your selfishness and hate towards your other Christian brothers and sisters is satanic to say the least.

“What you don’t wish for your self, don’t wish for me.” “

“United we stand divided we fall”

Leave the 9000 years story to historians. It will not work for democracy!!

Dear VJ:

Thank you for your information, I found it interesting, although my knowledge of history is limited, I hope that has given me some insight into our background (as Ethiopians).

Selam Yihune:

Thank you for your comment, too. I agree with you in that tribalism is not the way forward. However, I do think that neither VJ nor I did advance tribalism in this post. Rather, I wanted to know about this person writing a lot regarding our national history, I must add in a move that seems to drive a wedge between the main ethinic groups in Ethiopia, and his possible motives. I hope my intention will be clearer to you now.

Thanks both of you.

VJ, what's wrong with the word cu****ic? Why don't you like to write it?

Mamo,
I am deliberately spelling it as "cushietic" now so that the filter will not make it cu***ic or whatever. I will respond to your question about Amhara and student movement ASAP.
Cheers