Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ibrahim Publicly Rebucked Lencho On National Question

Ibrahim Publickly Rebucked Lencho. Here is what he said.

"...I do not buy that Ethiopia is colonial empire and in this analysis lencho who is supporting the national questiond does not have to be in the same palace with Isayas, L'homme maladed du corne de L'Afrique.
LEncho story reminded me a stroy that a Somali man says that I do not eat the porc , but I can drink the soup. Mr Lencho,Isays and to certain extent some of CUD members have been working in the same line of thinking in the last three months. For example, I listened frequently the Eritrean Amharic,Oromo and Arabic program that is daily beaming through the digital satellite and one will wonder the tsunami political crisis that is in making in Horn Africa. One of the most orator and articulated broacaster and used to read Awaj is the man who organizes a program called " Woyanew men Ilad". This will refresh your memory " Abiyatwi Madrak" program in the days of Derg and Negede Gobeze political destruction of EPRP.
In Eritrea, they have hijacked and use to fulfill its terrorist agenda OLF and ONLF.
That is not accceptable in the eyes of Ethiopian peole. I prefer Dr. Beyene Petros who is entertaining and uphilding the noble ideas of Ethiopain to live on equal footing. The late Dr. Abdilmajid Hussien, my mentor and big brother, used to say that you question their substance not thier ephermeral tactic.

We are witnessing tribal politics losing its foundation. As VJ rightly noted, OLF's anthitessis is UEDF. Now we see the Somali movement rebucking the OLF as a stooges of Isayas. That puts the last nail on OLF coffin.

Mamo Qilo
Yejib Tila

Re: Ibrahim Publicly Rebucked Lencho On National Question

Dear Mamo:
You are very good in twisting and biasing issues. Mr. Lencho is wrong to work hand in hand with Isayas; however if his antithisis is UEDF his thisis is national question and right of self-determination upto secession that is supported by Somali Ethiopian.
In addition, we are not Somali movement which we used to be when we were fighting with settles; now we are Somali Ethiopian as you Amahra Ethiopian.
Therefore, advise your CUD who will never see the light of ruling Ethiopia as long as it does not work with healthy programme that will include all ethiopians.
You blame other to be following tribalist line, but could you tell me the Somali ethnic that is in CUD. Why doesn't CUD have as chairman your your ethnic group? We will never accept an organization without representation which is the one who buried in 1991.
The worst tribalist organiztion that exists in Ethiopian is CUD and blaming other to be part of ethnic organization. Clean your house and then you can criticize other to be one and one ethnic group.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Dear Ibrahim.
You said I quote "We will never accept an organization with out representation" Are you going nuts? It is up to you to putup with it.If I am not mistaken you are an Ethiopian,then who else do cud represent? You blame cud for not having your ethnic. Do you know cud members consist of different tribes? The equivocal ethnic bias policy of eprdf has badly left you stranded.I am sorry you and many of your friends are trapped in selfcentered ethnic politics.The Ethiopian people have spoken,they have had enough of it in the last 14years.Think of Shibere,a tremendous Ethiopian heroin,who sacrified her life, so many Ethiopain lives will be saved.Just like her anyone or any organization who comes to the frontline to lead us to freedom will have our full support regardles of thier ethnic.It is undeniable fact that elite somali Ethiopians are enjoying a lavish life with the budget money going to the region.It is sad noone audits the money.Itleads to the question are you part of this crew? Sir,with all due respect if this is your fear when cud comes to power,I believe they know better to utelize the money in the best interest of the majority.The British have used a policy of 'divide and rule' on their african
colonies to loot and control thier resources when they are fighting among themselves.Your masters are doing the same to their own people.We aught to offset this with unity and understanding.What is of critical concern is,which organization has a solid ground on what is best for Ethiopia,not what ethnic the organization is consisting of.So stop following your tribal lines.I suggest you refrain from forming partition and par-take in the building of a free country with all Ethiopians.

Ande ADregene

Email: doctordo44@yahoocom

City: Losangeles

Dear Ande:
You are reading between the two lines and I can not help, but I will keep writing that Somali Ethiopian will not be ruled by settlers again unless they will make public their stance on the question of nations and nationalities and come up with a good programme that address the objective reality of all Ethiopian and not to be narrow minded and focus only on the Northern issues.
As I said before I will say again and again, we all know that your organization is based upon one tribe and there is no Somali, Oromo, Afar, Gambela except a few stooges that you are using as sample model of all ethnic group so as to mislead and rule again Ethiopia. That is an insult to Ethiopian people. For example, CUD, which is made up of four political parties, does not represent the majority of Ethiopian. That is why, Dr. Beyene and Merrara Gudina left it and set up UEDF.In the Summer 2004, I am not sure if you are familiar with your organization formation, but, Ethiopian Somali Democratic Council, were part of parties of the opposition party that gathered in Washington DC; however, Somali Ethiopian distanced from CUD after they found out that they are in the mindset of destroying Ethiopian constitution namely article 39 and back pedalled Ethiopian to old days of hegemony of one ethnic group
Moreover, what count in political organization is not the question of tribe that African people were branded to beleive by the colonialist who undemined their grievance. They classified African people as if they did not grow and reach the level of setting up organization in terms of ideology, accountability of healthy institution and democracy grounded in the reality of African people. Shame on CUD that is thinking in twenty first century to divide and rule and bring the world of yesterday that will put Ethiopian in famine, drought and mismanagement. It is not the genetic of people that counts, but their deed and achievement. All of you who support CUD want to deny the facts that Somali , Oromo, Afar, Gambela and Amhara are better off today comparing to Mengestu and Negede Gobeze time.

To:IBRAHIM SHIRDON
I am outraged at your labeling of CUD as an Amhara organization that doesn't embrace other nationalties.For your information ,The Amhara organization is aligned with EUDF.Nothing wrong with it as it is a voluntary association.Neither CUD or EUDF bar anybody from membership.If you or anybody else doesn't like their vision and hence doesn't join them,that doesn't make them tribalist.
In the days you were ruled by Amharas there was a shortage of people to fill up positions,leave alone to be left out.I do not deny the top administrative posts were filled by a select few.That doesn't make all Amharas rulers as much as Tigreans are not.
When I was growing up in east Ethiopia,nobody cared for 15 birr plus government jobs.
Do you dare to say educated Ethiopians were left out?

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

It is incredible how a human brain works. In some people’s case once the brain gets
right or wrong information it is hard to remove it like a permanent ink. I think Ibrahim suffers from this syndrome. So many of us try to tell him that CUD is not only Amhara party but he has refused to believe it. As an educated man, he should find it out for himself before he opens his mouth. Unfortunately his brain is stained by Meles propaganda.

Ibrahim wrote: "That is an insult to Ethiopian people. For example, CUD, which is made up of four political parties, does not represent the majority of Ethiopian. That is why, Dr. Beyene and Merrara Gudina left it and set up UEDF."

The truth: UEDF predates CUD.

Ibru Gela,

When ever you answer me remember my strategy. I construct you before I deconstruct you. This is what I did to Ethiopian. I constructed him well, got all the amunition from his arguments and the deconstructed him in public. I literally underssed him. But I would not do that to you. I really have some level of respect for you, for reason I am yet to figure out.

But you still need to answer my question. Your substantive argument is aligned with UEDF. It is only your rhetoric that marries you with gebremenamen and Ethiopian. Can you confirm or deny this?

The Mamo Qilo

Dear Ethiopian:
As saying goes politics is an art of consensus and dailogue and understanding on substance rather than genetic and tribe. The best mind is the one that can work on formulating a system of principle which is as set of ideas that have been tested time and time again throught the histroy of mankind. We, the people of Ethiopia, have had acquired a set of belief and perception in the environment that we grew , the school we went, the organization we frequented and the most of all we were shaped by our parent and social setting and norms that we have lived. If that is the case, then the Northern who are good to label other people, who did not grow in the same society , who were told a false story about other ethnic and who do not live a single second in the condition of life of other ethnic group should be open minded and work hard to strike understanding since our life time is limited on this earth and to pass a good ideology, a good institutions and good system based upon justice and equal footing.
In other words, the new ethiopian generation are waiting that we deliver a good system that is based upon justice, respect and living on equal footing.
Moreover, in order to reach at thi level of good governance, rule of law and justice, let us discuss the programme of CUD and enlighten me and the rest of people who oppose this organization on any question and debate and compare what EPRDF has done and couched in the Ethiopian constitution. For example, what is the stance of CUD on question of federal system and nations and nationalities of Ethiopian people.

Ibrahim,

I like your message, both in substance and form. You come across as an elightened individual when you write on substance. It is when you shift gears and move into high speed rhetoric you do yourself a disserive. that is why I keep on telling you that in substance you are with UEDF and it is only in rhetoric you seem to be married with EPRDF.

You still owe me some answers on this issue. I am here to liberate you from the bondages of TPLF rhetoric as you are here to free me from my ancestors seen. Let us work on each other with respect.

This Ethiopian thing is an interesting character. He refused to repspond to Lidetu's message to him that was sent through me. This Ethiopian thing is a farce. I feel thet you are trying to recessitate life into him. Not a very good idea.

The Mamo Qilo

mr ibrahim this what the cu stands on federal question
from Mamo Qilo
is this a tactical move or a strategic capitulation?
its a tactical move and it is a smart move at that.for example thier is no reason to rush on article
39 through constiutional amendement.thier is no imminent threat from this,so article 39 is dead and likely drop out from constituion once we win the election.
so Ibrahim this is their tactical strategy do not wait any thing from this group.if they rule again ethiopia it will be the worst civel war in country
becouse they do`t let give any thing

Email: jamaloc@cox.net

City: washington