Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The yo yoing and moaning Opposition must yield to reason

The yo yoing and moaning Opposition must yield to reason

The only thing consistent about Ethiopia's main Opposition parties has, unfortunately, been their inconsistency. Although the lion's share of the blame rests with CUD, attempt should be made to understand the whys and the wherefores of its seemingly never ending yo yoing and moaning during the electoral process. CUD has, unfortunately, become the victim, as it were, of its meteoric rise to fame which in turn had prevented it from counting its blessings. In short, CUD has been inflicted for sometime by a grasp all lose all syndromes.

Here in Great Britain a migratory bird - the swallow - visits us in April and leaves for warmer climes in September. Many are fooled when they conclude that winter is necessarily over just because we have seen a swallow. The English proverb "one swallow does not make a summer," by extension reminds us, therefore, that any single piece of evidence is not enough to prove anything. It may even be the exception. Addis Ababa's mix of people may be regarded a microcosm of Ethiopia, but it would be wrong to conclude that the melt down of EPDRF's vote in the metropolis has been repeated the length and breadth of Ethiopia. It is this perception, coupled, of course, with that incredible CUD exit poll which claimed 26 million, out of 29 million voters, voted CUD which is ultimately responsible for the continued shilly-shallying action of CUD.

As the electoral process edges to completion with NEBE's announcement of the outcome of the transparent investigation, we not only see political developments that one dares not witness in any democracy, but actions that defy common sense are being unraveled. Understanding the two major Opposition parties had been problematic throughout the course of the electoral process precisely because they themselves do not seem to know what it is that they themselves want. This has been echoed by none other than the Head of the EU Ambassadors Tim Clarke when he is quoted as having said: "…but the Opposition, themselves have to be clear in their minds of what they want." Now we know - courtesy of EFTIN - that what is dogma with CUD on Monday becomes a heresy on Tuesday, expect to see more twists and turns, as well as gobbledygook from the coalition of the ideologically disparate.

On Wednesday 27th July, CUD/UDEF issued a joint statement rejecting the outcome of NEBE's investigation and calling re-election in the near 300 constituencies for which the Opposition had filed - what turned out to be - veracity deficient allegations. In the first instance the joint statement, itself, is flawed. If, as they claim, NEBE is not acting in a neutral capacity, why is it all right for them to accept the landslide victory in Addis Ababa and other cities, and reject losses? Hardly had the ink on the joint statement dried than we were made to witness, yet again, a volte-face on the part of the Opposition parties. Why meet the Prime Minister of Ethiopia, in the first place, if ones intention is to reject the will of the electorate. The pre planned meeting, on the very morrow of the rejection of the Election Results, between Prime Minister Meles Zenawi, Dr Berhanu Nega of CUD and Dr Beyene Petros of UDEF was certainly a delightful scene, but a far cry from a break-through that the nation has been yearning.

EPDRF's current flirtation with realpolitik may be a badge of competence, but unless it manages to extricate the nation out from the prolonged political stalemate that it finds itself in, precious little can come out from trying to tame the untamable. Already the effect of the prolonged political stalemate has hit hard on businesses and the flow of tourists has been ebbing. Inward investment, too, is unthinkable under such politically unsavory atmosphere. And, then, we are reminded of the current state of belligerency that exists between Ethiopia and the voracious State of Eritrea. All these indices point to the fact that Homeland Ethiopians would be forgiven for reaching the end of their thether with the machinations and Fabian tactics of the Opposition. The Opposition now finds itself on the cross-roads. The democratically noble course of action for the Opposition would be to accept deferred success now and continue to build on its remarkable success by becoming a proactive loyal Opposition of the Ethiopian people. All Ethiopians are equal, and all votes cast are also equal. No nation can, therefore, be expected to stand and stare when a vote is mugged by another vote.

Re: The yo yoing and moaning Opposition must yield to reason

Ato Mulugeta,

We were exposed to some of your personality flaws that included robbing elderly Ehtiopian. You have made yourself the public spokes person for EPRFD. Some of us were waiting for you to come and refute your biography. Is there any item from the string of stories that you can refute?

Mamo Qilo aka
Cyber Bully

Ato Mulugeta,

If the people vote for CUD, what is wrong in demanding that all votes be counted properly? Why cannot you apply the "grasp all lose all" argument of yours against EPRDF? Is it not EPRDF that wants to control everything? You do not think the Ethiopian people can force the government to respect their vote?

You obviously spend disproportionate amount of attention to the style of your writing than its content. The lack of logic in the logic you use to convince us how wrong CUD & UEDF are is so big that even your glorious family name cannot mask it.

Please bring some dignity to your name do not just use it as a leaver to give more credence to your feeble argument.

I am not surprised that Mulugeta is selling what ever left of his degnity, which does not seem to be much. How many elderly and unsuspecting people has this guy robbed, accroding his latest biography that was posted on this forum. What amazes me is the desperation of EPRDF to use him as their front man on the cyber space and on Ethiopian media.

Mamo Qilo aka
Yejib Tila aka
Cyber Bully

I think Mulugeta deserves one last call to refute what was written as his biography, and I am making that last to call.

Dear Ato. Mulugeta, the allegations made against you are very serious and included some specific names and places. Please remember that silence is tantamount to acceptance. Tell us your side of the story, please!

Still with love!

Language is a means of communication and it can't be a knowledge byitself. You are trying to convince us by your dramatic way of writing/fiction. The truth is clear for Ethiopians and not difficult that what your kind of peoples intetion and have done otherwise Ethiopia would be in a better condition.
Why did't you made singel criticism against woyane. At least about the killing of innocent people. That tells everything

Email: hagos@hotmail.com

City: DC

Mamomian!

First and for most, it is my high regard to Mr. Mulugeta Asrate Kassa who gave the name "Negedite" to group of people who caused misery and shames to the Ethiopian people during the Mengistu era. Those group of people are not still decapitated to their end. As all we know they are voicing their voices individually, collectivly, or in any other forms. Declaring as if this is not true is not only defying the reality but, it proves that the defier is comforter of Negedites.

Having said this, it amazed me why Mr. Lidetu had denied when he was asked by the reporter, "Are you a Negedite?"

Mr. Lidetu's response, "Sorry, I haven't read Dr. Negede Gobeze's book, so I can't say anything about its contents. Nor can I say anything about the person since he is not a CUD but a UEDF member. And I don't know him."

Mr. Lidetu comforter of Negedite was decapitated by reporter as BBC did to Mr. Hailu who is a member of Negedite.

THUMPS DOWN TO ALL SHAMERS WHO CAUSED SHAME TO ETHIOPIA AND WHO ARE IN MARATHON TO MEAN THAT!!

Mulugeta,

I'll say this about your character. You are the proverbial ***** without scruples who oblige and spread for whomever your benefactor. This time, TPLF/Woyane are your anal tenants.

Mulugeta,

Let me further add, that your are indeed the poster child-product of a decadent feudal society that lived off the backs of peasant slaves and flaunted decades of your corrupt life of conspicuous consumers without conscience or principles. You are the proverbial apple that did not fall far from the tree.

Explorer!

Thumps down for your unconstructive comment!

Selam Gebreselasie

Why dont you do something constructive and defend Mulugeta's reputation. Some of us have a genuine desire in knowing the truth. If Mulugeta can not defend himself and his family honor, he then has no business to defend Ethiopians. I read several of his writings for the last several months thinking he is a genuine material. I would not waste my time reading his writings unless he responds to the character allegations that included specific names and places. Forgive my naiveté, but that is the way I see things.

With Love

Asrate and Gebreselassie,
You and your bosses (Meles and Co.) remind me the old amharic saying "Yeleba Ayne Derek Meliso Lib Yaderik".

If Meles believes that he has the support of the Ethiopian people:
(1) Why is he afraid of the oppostion talking to the people? What can the oppostion parties tell the public if they are given media access? Meles and Co. have stolen your votes and you should not let that happen! Is that right? If, as Meles and you guys argue, the public has indeed voted for Meles and Co., the public will laugh at the opposition and reassert its support for the "beloved leader"! Do not you agree? What is it that the "wise leader" knows that we the average people do not, which made him to choose to block the communciation between the people and the opposition? May you enlighten me? Please do not give me the "Big Brother" talk : as the public does not know what it is doing,it is the duty of "his highness" to protect the masses from themseves! I do not buy that!

(2) The opposition claims NEBE is not independent. Do not you think they have a point given that the members of NEBE are appointed by "his highness" and NEBE is chaired by Kemal Bedri, (handi-picked by the Prime Minister), the president of the highest court in the country. Unfortunately, for the opposition that is the court they will have to go to if they do not accept NEBE's decisions. It is implausible that Bedri, the judge, will reverse the decision of Bedri, the NEBE. It is really very hard for Bedri the judge to be what Bedri the NEBE is not: INDEPENDENT! That means there is no way to conclusively disprove the oppostion's allegations under the current system.

The "beloved leader" tell us that people at
large have voted for the ruling party out of love and respect. Hard to refute that because NEBE has affirmed it. It is obvious for those of you who are "smarter" than most of us to figure out who is telling the "truth". We, the average Ethiopians, unfortunately are not so sure. Do not you think it would be better to decisively prove the opposition wrong by rerunning the election with an INDEPENDENT election board at the helm, with INDEPENDENT observers (domestic as well as foreign) in all polling stations and guns, soldiers and cadres out of the way? Why would not the "beloved leader" let his "loyal subjects" (the Ethiopian people) show where their loyalty is: with the "Beloved leader" or the opposition parties! Where I grew up, we say "Balebetuan Yamenech Beg Latuan Wich Tasadiralech"!

Mr. Asrate Kassa, if I were you I will not put too much trust on EFTIN. It is prepared by (or under the supervision) of a man who has no sense of right and wrong; a man who would sell his soul to the highest bidder (high=food, Cigarettes,Chat and drink)! How can you blame me if I do not trust this man who used to make a living in the USA accusing Meles and Co. (in the asylum cases he used to write) as the worst enemies of humanity, now telling us the "beloved leader" is our only savior? Either he lied when he used to accuse Meles or he is lying now when he praises him like a god. All the same, he is a LIAR!
It is really sad that money the government gets begging in the name of starving Ethiopians is wasted on "Duriyes" like Zerihun, Andrias and ..... You can add the other names to the list as you seem to be an insider.

Next time Mulu leba writes any thing, do not bother to read or respond to it. Just ask him if it is true that he robbs elderly Ethiopians.

The Mamo Qilo

TO ALL WHO CANNOT SWALLOW REALITY
ATO MULUGETA ASRATE KASSA IS HUMAN AND HE MAY HAVE HIS OWN SHORTCOMINGS IN LIFE BUT I BELIEVE HE NEVER INSULTS PERSONALIES IN PUBLIC . HE DESCRIBES EVEN THE RED TERROR REGIME WITH DESCENT LANGUAGE BUT REMEMBER HE SUFFERED AND LOST HIS BELOVED FATHER.
WHEN I WAY ALL OF YOU - YOU DON'T EVEN TAKE HALF OF HIS WEIGHT ALLTOGETHER. YOU HATE VIEWS AND DEVIANCES WHICH DON'T CORRESPOND TO YOUR IDEA. MULUGETA IS PRESENT DAY ENGLES BECAUSE HE FEELS THE PAIN OF THE POOR AND THE MARGINALIZED PEOPLE. THE PROBLEM IS HE IS ONE AND YOU ARE MANY. SO YOU THINK THAT YOU ALL ARE RIGHT .UNLESS YOU SWALLOW THE REALITIES DON'T EVER THINK TO LIVE IN PEACE AND YOU KNOW THESE ALL.
I MAY DESCRIBE EPRDF AS A FOX BECAUSE IT NEEDS A LOT TO CHANGE BUT I PORTARY CUD AND ITS CO AS A HUNGRY HYENA BECAUSE THEY DON'T EVEN GO ALONG WITH WITH WHAT THEY SAID YESTERDAY. THEY TELL YOU THAT LAND SHUOLD BE OWNED TODAY AND THEY TELL YOU TOMORROW THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY AGENDA ABOUT IT . THEY TELL YOU THE VOTE IS RIGGED ON MAY 15 EVENING AND THEY REVERT TO SAY THAT THEY HAVE A CLEAN SWEEP THE NEXT DAY.
SO A FOX MAY EAT YOUR SHEEP AND YOU CAN STILL MANAGE BUT THE HAYENA WILL EAT YOU HUNGRILY . THAT IS WHAT CUD AND ALL SENTIMENTS SIMILAR TO IT.
SO LEAVE MULUGETA ALONE AND TRY TO THINK IF YOU REALY WANT TO HAVE THE ETHIOPIA WITH NATIONS AND NATIONALITIES AND COUNTRY WITH UNITY WITH DIVERSITY

Email: deleted

City: deleted

Haben,

You wrote: "Ato Mulugeta Asrate Kassa is human and he may have his own shortcomings in life, but I believe he never insults personalities in public."

My sister we agree with you. He does not insult in public he assults in private. He steals from unsuspecting elderly men and women. There are two kinds of crimes that are beneath human character. Stealing retirment money from elderly people and sexually molesting young children. Do you disagree?

Mamo Qilo

DEAR MAOMO QUILO!!!
I THINK YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT 'HIG' OR ORDER AND REGULATION IS!!!!
DON'T YOU REMEMBER TO WHAT HAPPENED TO MICHAEL JACKSON---A NUMBER OF PEOPLE ACCUSED HIM OF MOLESTING YOUNG CHILDREN THINKING THAT THEY WERE DEFAMING HIM BUT HE WON!!! OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE HE IS A COUNTRY WHERE INDIVIDUALS REMAIN INNOCENT SO LONG AS NOT CONVICTED. BUT YOU ARE ACUSSING MULUGETA ' PRESENT DAY ENGLES' THOUGH HE HAS NEVER FELT HUNGER IN HIS OWN KNOWS WHAT IT CAN DO TO PEOPLE AND RIGHTEOUS.
WHY DON'T YOU THINK WHY SHOULD BE SO SHAMEFULL TO TESTIFY WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN. DON'T BE QUILO THE WAY YOU NICK NAMED YOUR SELF .KEEP THINKING AND THINKING YOU WILL FIND THAT ETHIOPIA IS NOT ONLY FOR THOSE WHO THINK THE WAY YOU THINK BUT ALSO FOR THE MARGINILIZED WHO YOU RIDDICULE IN YOUR 'TERET TERET'

Haben,

You can say all you wish. Even Mululeba cannot deny that he robbed the elderly. And what is up with your name?

MAmo QIlo

Haben,
The real question about the 2005 Ethiopian election is not who is better/worse than who. That is something everyone has to answer for her/himslef. The real issue is that of respecting the will of the Ethiopian people.

We may not all agree on who won the election. Obviously you, Mulegeta, Gebremariam and others like you believe that EPRDF won and most of us (in your own words) believe that it did not. No person with a head on his shoulder will expect NEBE and the court system, both headed by Kemal Bedri - the loyal servant of Mr. Zenawi - to be impartial.

The only way to settle the election crisis we are in is by letting the Ethiopian people tell us who they voted for. What is the problem you guys have with the rerun of the election with an INDEPENDENT board at the helm, in the presence of INDEPENDENT observers (domestic as well all as international) in all polling stations and cadres, soldiers and their guns outof the way?

Please stop using an old dirty trick (Ethnic politics) over and over again. Meles and his associates are much more narrow nationalist than any other group in Ethiopia. Anyways, why should demanding that the government respects the will of the people be against the interests of any ethnic group? I just do not get it.

Mulugeta asrate kassa,
playing political prostitution aint something new. Shameless!!

Email: EthiopianXX@aol.com

City: new york

DEAR ANKASSA DORO AND VISTOR:
YOU SEEM TO ACKNOWLEDGE ALL THE COMPLAINTS OF THE OPPOSITON NO MATTER WHAT. IF YOU REALLY FAIR WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO COME TO THE GROUND AND SEE THE REALITIES. CUD CLAIMED THAT EPRDF WUOLD MANAGE ONLY 50 SEETS IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES BUT IT WAS WAY BEYOND THAT. CUD CLAIMED RIGGING IN ADDIS AND REFUTED IT THE NEXT DAY. CUD ADVERITZED THAT IT IS CLEAN OF ETHNIC POLITICS AND TOLD US THAT CUD IS NATIONAL PARTY. BUT H.E ENGEENER HAILU SHAWL TOLD STEPHEN SAKKER 'THE TEKLE HAIMANOT PRECINCT TIGRYANS VOTED TO NON TIGRYAN CUD'--- IS HIS WORD . CUD'S TOP OFFICIAL H.E BEDRU ADEM SLIPPED INTO AN OCCEAN OF POEPLE AND WAS DRUNK AND CLAIMED THAT EPRDF WUOLD GO BACK TO DEDEBIT AFTER MAY 15 . HE WAS IN A STAGE BROUGHT EPRDF AND CO BUT EVEN DREAMED EPRDF TO LEAVE INTO NO WHERE AS IT WAS A FASCIST PARTY FROM ITALY BOARD BY ITALIANS
SO WHY ARE TRYING TO TELL THAT IT IS ONLY EPRDF WHO LIES .YOU ARE TRYING CAMOUFLAGE CUD AND UEDF PROBLES IN THE NAME OF DEMOCRACY . HOW THE HELL COULD A MAN WHO SERVED THE RED TERRO REGIME CLAIM THAT EPRDF IS MORTAL. WHERE WAS HE WHEN GONDER LOST THOSE ALL LIVES BY MELAKU TEFERA ? WHERE WAS HE WHEN TEWOFLOS DIED FOR THE TRINITY ? WHERE WAS HE WHEN THE HAWZEN 2500 TIGRIANS WERE BOMBED BY LEGESSE ASFAW? WHERE WAS HE WHEN DERG TRIED TO US THE 1984/85 FAMINE TO REDUCE THE TIGRYANS INTO MINIATURE? 'YEWEGA BIRESA YETEWOGA AYRESSA '. MESFIN WOLDEMARIAM KEPT QUIET IN THE DERG TIME HE INFACT COLLABORATED WITH THE DERGE TO ELONGATE THE AGE BUT HE CAME WITH HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUE TO STAND FOR THE DERG OFFICIALS ...OH I CANNOT STOP CITING EXAMPLES. YOU BETTER TRY TO THINK . THERE IS NO NATIONALITY(BIHER OR BIHERSEB' WHICH CAN TOLERATE YOUR TERET TERET ANY MORE . YOU BETTER COME TO YOUR SENSES AND -----.. MY NAME WHY DO ASK MAY NAME? MY NAME IS HABEN WHICH MEANS IS WHO IS SOURCE OF COURAGE. IT CUOLD BE USED FOR BOTH SEXES.

ANKASSA DORRO!

BASED ON YOUR REQUEST, I HERE BY AUTHORIZED YOUR NAME WOULD BE CHANGED TO "ANKASSA MIND" EFFECTIVE IMMIDETELY.

Surprised to see Mulugeta on the screen again. EPRDF is using him as a tool to preach the poor Ethiopian nation about EPRDF's innocence on ETV and also on the web. Mulugeta how could you get the confidence of talking as an Ethiopian while you don't know the reality and living situations of we Ethiopians. We, Ethiopians are with an empty stomach but all of us do know who and what is better for us. The problem is the people are not allowed to chose what they wanted and no one is here to assist us!!!! So please please don't preach us, we had enough of that every day with the monopolized media in our country. I can say that Ethiopian living in their homeland are feeling helpless more than ever. They are afraid of the next day to come as they don't know their fate.
God be with us!

Email: tarike@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Haben,
I do not think I have asked for your name. I have no business asking your name.

You like sidestepping questions and making accusations instead of sticking to the issues. I will not follow you down that path.

Let me address the points you raised.

I think you quoted Hailu Shawl out of context. He told the journalist that CUD is not an ethnic party, and it is not one ethnic group which voted for CUD. He also told the journalist, with full confidence, that a Rwandan type genocide will not happen in Ethiopia - NEVER. The Ethiopian people, he said, have lived and will continue live togetether in love despite what Meles and Co. do to divide and rule. As an example he cited the fact that Ethiopians who live in Teklehaimanot area (the majority of whom are Tigreans), the same people Meles and Co. have been trying to scare as a group the CUD would victimize if it took over power, overwhelimingly voted for a non-tigrean CUD reperesentative. I just do not see how this can be misconstrued as ethnic hatred.

I do not know who the CUD official you mentioned is and what he said. But if what he said was what you quoted in your posting, I do not see the problem. The reason you think it is an expression of ethnic hatred is because you,like the EPRDF leaders and their supporters, equate EPRDF with the people of Tigray. I do not (and I am sure most ethiopians do not) equate EPRDF with the people of Tigray. To say that EPRDF will go back to Dedebit just means that: EPRDF, the party of Meles and Co., NOT the people of Tigray, will go to Dedebit. Meles and Co., like all dictators before them, underestimate the intellingence of the people. Tell Mr. Zenawi to wake up; he cannot cheat all the peole all the time. Here after, no Ethiopian will fall for the hate propaganda and the scare tatctic Meles and Co. use. "Birile keneka ayhonim Ika".

I am not sure how you bring Professor Mesfin Woldemariam into this. Now that you brought up his name, let me tell you what I know about him. None of the Ethiopian rulers (King H/selassie, Mengistu and now Meles) had/have love for Professor Mesfin. They all hate(d) him because he is a man of principle. He has, without any fear, criticized the King/Mengistu/Meles. In my opinion (you may disagree and that is fine with me), Professor Mesfin is one of the most courageous, selfless, and patriotic Ethiopians in the last 50 or 60 years. Let history and the Ethiopian people judge him.

By the way, there is nothing wrong if a person who has not been raising his/her voice against inhuman and vilolent actions of past regimes now decides to join the struggle for democracy, justice and freedom. Not having participated in the past does not preclude one from participating now or in the future. In my opinion, it was wrong not to stood up against the tyrants of the past, but commendable to say I will no more sit on the sidelines when innoncent people are massacared by dictators.

Please do not confuse issues. Stop characterizing the demand for the proper counting of votes to condonning what another tyrannt, Mengistu, did in the past. Every Ethiopian who lived in Ethiopia during the dark days of the red terror has many horror stories to tell. Mengistu killed/tortured/exiled thousands of Ethiopians, no matter which ethnic group they belonged to and so does Meles. We should condemn the atrocious acts of both Mengistu and his cohorts and Meles and Co. "Ke zingero konjo manin yimertalu."

Please let all the victims of state sponsored terrorism under H/sellassie/Mengistu/Melels sleep in peace. Let us honor our fallen compatriots by renewing our committment to stand firm agaist tyrnanny and dictatorship.

The critical issue, at this time, is that of assuring the public of its inalienable right to choose its leaders. Whether you like it or not, the public is not in agreement as to who won the election. There are those who beleive Meles won and there are many more who think otherwise. We need to resolve this, in no uncertain terms to move forward.

Now my questions.(1) Why are Meles and Co. afraid of the opposition talking to the Ethiopian people? If they believe that they have the support of the Ethiopian people, they have nothing to fear if the opposition tells the public to rise against EPRDF. I do not believe you think the Ethiopian people are gullible and irrational as to be misled by the CUD and UEDF to rise against the "beloved leader".

(2) If Meles and Co. believe they have won the election and the Ethiopian people are on their side, why do not they agree to a rerun of the election with an INDEPENDENT board at the top, with INDEPENDENT observers present in all polling stations, with every party having equal access to the media, and with the cadres, the soldiers and their guns out of the way?
What is the down side to the rerun?

Take care,

VISITOR YOU SAID"In my opinion, it was wrong not to stood up against the tyrants of the past, but commendable to say I will no more sit on the sidelines when innoncent people are massacared by dictators"
YOU THINK THAT PROFESSOR MESFIN THOUGHT HE WILL NO MORE STAY IN THE SIDELINES---- NO HE IS COMING IN THE NAME HUMAN RIGHTS TO SAY MENGISTU AND TESFAYE WOLDESELASSI
EVIDENCE: HE WAS THE ONE WHO INTERROGATED THE LATE BEALU GIRMA AFTER ANALYZING 'ORMOMAY'. HIS VOICE WAS TRACKED FROM THE ARCHIVES OF THE DERG -- I HEARD IT IN 1992 WHEN HE ARGUED WITH MELES . HE WAS RATHER THE PRIME MENTOR OF MENGISTU--
YOU SAID THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE CAN JUDGE WHY IS EPRDF AFRAID OF THE DEMONSTRAION: EPRDF HAS FORMED A GOVERNMENT AND HAS A DUTY TO KEEP ORDER AGAINST THE ODDS OF THE POEPLE. SO IT ASKING FOR ORDERLY AND LEGALLY EXECUTING MATTTERS. AGAIN IT IS NOT THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE WHO WILL BE CONSIDERED AS WRONG WHEN HAVOC AND UPHEAVALS COME. READ WORLD HISTORY TO UNDERSTAND HOW THE PUBLIC MAY DUPED FOR SOME TIME THOUGH NOT FOR LONG. THE WAIMA REPUBLIC WAS VERY DEMOCRAT IN GERMANY BUT BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMIC DEPRESSION AND THE AFTERMATH OF FIRST WORLD WAR-- NAZI CAME TO POWER BY DEMOCRATIC ELECTION RAISING THE PROBLEMS OF THE PEOPLE BUT WITH A SOLUTION FULL OF HATRADE TO JEWS AND GPSY AND ANOTHER WAR THE SEVEREST OF ITS KIND.
CUD AND UEDF WERE TRYING TO RAISE THE PUBLIC AGAINST THE TIGRAY PEOPLE : LET ME GIVE EXAMPLES
1. UEDF CLAIMED THAT THE EDUCATIONAL POLICY IN TIGRY WAS WESTERN WHILE THAT OF OTHERS IS A GENERATION KILLER.
2. BOTH CUD AND UEDF CLAIMED THE THE TIGRAY REGION RECIEVED MORE BUGDET COMPARED TO AMARA AND OROMIA--- BUT EVIDENCES SHOW TO THE CONTRARY.
3. BEDRU ADEM THE CUD HIGHER OFFICIAL AIRED IN PUBLIC THAT EPRDF HAS TO GO TO DEDEBIT JUST AFTER MAY 15 STEPPING IN THE STAGE GIVEN BY THE EPRDF AND THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE. SO EPRDF AND SUPPORTERS WOULD HAVE TO GO BACK TO DEDEBIT WHILE BDRU ADEM AND HIS CO RULE THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE . EPRF CANNOT EVEN SERVE AS AN OPPOSTION IN ITS COUNTRY.
3. PROFFESSOR MESFIN SAID " YAGEZAZ MESERETU HIGE ARAWIT NEW SILEHONEM LISHASHAL AYCHILIM'" THIS IS A CONSTITUITION WHICH DRAFTED BY ALMOST ALL PARTIES IN THE HISTORY OF ETHIOPIA. MIND YOU THERE WAS OLF IN THE DRAFTING.
MANY CUD SUPPORTERS CALIMED "IGRE WEDE MEKELLE EKAW WEDE KEBELLE" BECAUSED TIGRIANOPHOBIA WAS ALREADY CRAWLING BY THE FIGURE POLITICIANS. BUT THE TIGRYAN PEOPLE ALSO SHARE ADDISABABA AND ETHIOPIA IN GENERAL .TELL ME IF THEY DON'T
I COULD HAVE GIVEN MANY MORE EXAMPLES BUT TIME ---