Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MINISTRY SAYS OPPOSITIONS SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO DEMOCRATIC PROCESS

MINISTRY SAYS OPPOSITIONS SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO DEMOCRATIC PROCESS

Addis Ababa, 29 July: The Ministry of Information said there is no other way between the legal and illegal platform.

In a weekly statement it issued on Friday [29 July], the ministry said opposition political parties should subscribe to the democratic and legal process or overtly cruise the anti- democratic and illegal course.

"It is a matter of great urgency for the opposition political parties to comprehend this fact and rectify their path since the opportunity to use the two options alternatively is not admissible and compatible with the realities of our country which is in the process of democratization," it added.

The ministry further said that it must be stressed that the Ethiopian peoples have conducted elections and would continue to do so in the future, adding, this does not create any ground for any contending political party to impose its own arbitrary decision upon the peoples.

The opposition parties disclosed that they would not accept the decision of the NEBE [National Electoral Board of Ethiopia], led by the notion that unless they take all the votes, the elections are bound to be dubbed undemocratic, the ministry added.

It said refusing to accept the results of the investigations and the elections is tantamount to failure to acknowledge the right of the winning party to form a government.

Since the residents of Addis Ababa have elected an opposition political party which has not hesitated to take over the administration of the city, it has neither the political nor the legal base to refuse to endorse the decision of the peoples at the federal and regional levels," the statement said.

If it is assuming to disrupt the formation of a government at federal and regional levels by the winner party, it will be at its own peril, the ministry said.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Re: MINISTRY SAYS OPPOSITIONS SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO DEMOCRATIC PROCESS

I think the ruling party(Woyane) need to understand the TRUE meaning of DEMOCRACY and implement it.

PLEASE DO NOT ABUSE THE WORD "DEMOCRACY "

NESTANET

City: Atlanta

NETSANET!

Ibrahim,

Sorry to notice that you have reduced yourself to cuting and pasting business. I think I literally paralized you and reduced you to this. So much for you PhD and JD. I challenged you to reconcile yourself with VJ and Jirruu. You run away and came with a zest to cut and paste like gebremenamen. Good luck and how is life down in the gutters?

Yejib Tila