Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reconciling Ethiopian and Gebremenamen

Let me first say in no uncertain terms that Etiopian does not belong in the ranks of gebremenamen, politically, intellectually or otherwise.

However, though his motive and objectives are dimetrically opposite to those of Gebremenamen, his solution to the current stalemate and impsaa seems to be similar to theose of gebremenamen and Mululeba.

Gebremenamen and Mululeba argue that the opposition should celebrate their gain and be happy. Any claim by the opposition to take the majority seat is an attempt to avert democracy. The bottom line is the opposition has what NEB said they have and that is the end of the story. Any tihing outside of that is an attempt to distabilize the country and bring chaos.

Now let us see what Ethiopia is saying. Ethiopian suggests that the government may have rigged the election. But since Meles is not willing to reliniquish power peacefully and since the opposition has not proven itself, in the interest of averting chaos, the opposition should compromise and take whatever the NEB said it had won and join the government as a minority party.

At the end of the day both approaches would give us Meles in the office and the opposition as a minority party. The onus is on Ethiopian to tell us where the difference lies at apractical level. Both would usher in Meles and give him 5 years in the office, contrary to the wishes of the people.

Mamo Qilo

Re: Reconciling Ethiopian and Gebremenamen

Mamo, I know you are Ethiopian genius who translated Fiker Eskemeqaabir into English but why are you acting silly sometimes? I'm proud of you by the way.

Email: motleweyane@hotmail.com

Yeberet Qolo,

You can believe what you wish. I have not translated Fiker EskeMeKaber. I am glad to learn that you think of my posting as genius, but why do you think I am sometimes silly. Can you be specific. Reconciling Ethiopian with Gebremenamen is designed to show that Ethiopian is entertaining a view not too far from those of Gebremenamen. Let us see if Ethiopian can show. I know this is an honor for gebremenamen and a disgrace for Ethiopia. May be that is why gebremenamen replied with tens of laughing characters. Let us see what Ethiopian would come with.

Mamo Qilo

Give Clarke and NEB the benefit of the doubt. What if it is true? what if you all are believing what the opposition wants you to believe? I mean you really don't have evidence how not free the elections was but the opposition's word against the Government.

we all wanted an independent body to observe and they did. What is it that we want????

Remember they all are doing it for political power... they will do and say anything to make you on take their sides.

BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4727619.stm
Following complaints by the opposition, Mr Clarke praised the National Electoral Board and urged parties to respect it.

"[It] is conducting the contested result investigation in a good manner and [with] professionalism under difficult circumstances," he said.

"I myself participated in one investigation in one area to see how it worked. It was a fascinating and unique process as no other country in the world has gone through the same process like here."

Helen,

Do not forget EU removed Ms. Gomez for saying that accrding to EU's poll conducted in 700 locations the opposition had won. Also look and read what the opposition wrote, a point by point cases where NEB refused to see the evidence. If you are keen to generalize based on Clark's observation in one or two locations, why are you quick to forget the observation EU made based not on one person's observation, but based on scientific poll conducted in over 700 voting stations. What we are saying is not let the opposition be crowned, but let the investigation process be transparent and fair and let the chip fall where it may. What do you think of Ledetu's interview?

Mamo Qilo

Mamo, I was not referring to this particular message. In this case I think you are right. But I had your past posts in mind when I made that comment. Anyway by silly I meant in a sense of funny. After all, you are Ethiopian genius who translated the big book into English.

Yeberet Qolo

Actually it was into French that translated the book

Mamo Qilo