Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dr. Pal Henze, Professor Abraham (Abiye) Ford, & Dr. Ephraim Isaac speaks their mind.

Concerned Ethiopian American citizens organized a briefing forum on July 25, 2005 at the United States Capitol, Longworth House Building.Congressman Christopher Shays (R, CT) sponsored the event. The event was a briefing on Ethio-US relations and Ethiopia significance on the war on terrorism. Invited speakers were Dr. Paul Henze, Professor Abraham (Abiye) Ford, and Dr. Ephraim Isaac.

During the opening, Congressman Michael Honda who is The founder and Chairman of the Congressional Caucus on Ethiopia and Ethiopian Americans highlighted the role of the Caucus. It is stated that the Caucus will among other things focus on the promotion of private investment,
food security, transfer of technology and democracy in Ethiopia. The Congressman invited all Congress members to join the Caucus.

Dr. Henze spoke on Ethio-American relations over the past 100 years. He applauded the economic progress and the democratization process in Ethiopia. He further underlined the continued US support to sustain the current economic progress in Ethiopia. He also emphasized the need for the constructive involvement of the Ethiopian Diaspora in the development endeavors of the country.

Professor Ford discussed the relevance of Ethiopia's recent elections and its progress made towards strengthening democracy. He focused on the acquisition and dissemination of information by stating that Congress should investigate issues before accepting matters at face value. Professor Ford stressed that all parties should be given a chance to speak before a decision is rendered. Lastly, he stated that despite Ethiopia's tremendous challenges it has made remarkable developments in the last 14 years.

Professor Isaac addressed Ethiopia's role on international counterterrorism. He stated how Ethiopia cannot be a breeding ground for terrorism. And mentioned that Ethiopia could be a target for international terrorism due to its location, resources, etc. Professor Isaac highlighted the fact that Ethiopia is an ally to peace loving countries fighting terrorism. In conclusion, he stated that third parties should not meddle with internal political matters but instead "help the countries to help themselves.

Re: Dr. Pal Henze, Professor Abraham (Abiye) Ford, & Dr. Ephraim Isaac speaks their mind.

Gebreselassie,

There you go again when you don't have fact, you try to mislead Westerners by the so called "Anti-terrorism".

The opposition will be a very good ally on anti-terrorism.

Nestanet

Email: ymoges@msn.com

City: Atlanta

Re: Dr. Pal Henze, Professor Abraham (Abiye) Ford, & Dr. Ephraim Isaac speaks their mind.

Nestanet!

Don't see things in a negative way. What they have said is there. It is up to to accept it or reject it.

Secondly, You should aware that no one can mislead them as they have steadfast mechanism to know what is going on in this world.

NETSANET!

YOU DON'T LIKE MY ANSWER. DON'T YOU?

Gebremenamen,

Netsanet is ignoring you. It is not only her. Everyone on this frum is ignoring you.

MAmo Qilo aka
Yejib Tila

Gebreselassie,

Don't think you convince me.If you have a point, I am open to learn though.As I have learned from your earlier posts and replies , you appear to blindly support Woyane.

May be you are on the payroll of Woyane.Anyway as to Professor Ford, I have listened his interview on VOA where he tried to persuade us that the Woyane media was fair for the opposition. Nowadays, there are many so called professors who are complete liars like him. Another one is Professor Endrias Eshete........

By the way have you heard the rumour that the blast at Jijiga was done by Woyane to demonstrate the presence of terrorism in Ethiopia so that Woyane can get help from US.I am not sure about this but I believe Woyane will do anything to achieve its objectives inlcuding killing its own people. I hope your remember HAWZEEN IN TIGRAY.

NESTANET

City: Atlanta