Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
You go to democracy, but democracy won’t come to you

Dear Readers,

I am an Irish American, who have been watching the political situation in Ethiopia, as I m married to an Ethiopian.

People keep mentioning Georgia and Ukraine. USA or UK only got involved in the election in these two Eastern European countries, because people and opposition leaders were out on the streets.

One think I could say about Ethiopians, from my observation is how shy and some times frightened you all are. I think this is due to the freedom you have never experienced. If the Ethiopian people have carried on the fight in June, things would have been very different today. You people have stayed in silence and accepted the oppressing government today, believe me he will be there tomorrow.

I am sure Ethiopia didn’t retain it independence, by silence, but people were ready to face the music.

With all he terrorism that is happening in the world, the west only want a stable Ethiopia.

Your air force is in silence, even though, their fellow pilot’s are being tortured by their own side.

If you keep waiting for the USA and EU to bring you democracy, then you are just dreaming.

Are you people strong enough to fight for freedom and democracy? Or just busy complaining about USA and EU.

City: LA

Re: You go to democracy, but democracy won’t come to you

Mr. Paul Farrell, your name may be Irish, may be with a Kurdish accent in the twist. But, sir, your gramer is Ethiopian, no doubt. In an earlier life I was Judie Ethiopia McCarthy, an American born in Ethiopia. Leaving this aside, your point is valid to some degree. My Irish friend with a Kurdish accent and an Ethiopian Grammer, I want you to listen to me.

Prudence requires that the games of politics be palyed in the gray area. You do not need to sandwitch your position between neither and nor. You can lobby the EU and Ameica and in the meantime stand firm on your ground. The opposition is doing a half baked job. It is standing firm, but it has failed to capitalize on a savy PR to win the hearts and minds of the US and EU policy makers. Leave alone Ethiopia, Irish politicians need the support and endorsement of the twu. This is what I like to tell you, my Irish friend with a Kurdish accent and Ethiopian grammer.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo, Mamo,
I will take myself from self imposed participation, due to the moderator selectively deleting my postings. But having read your replay to the Irish man, I can't help myself. You can not be saying what you are saying with serious face ...

"The opposition is doing a half baked job. It is standing firm, but it has failed to capitalize on a savy PR to win the hearts and minds of the US and EU policy makers."

I think you are giving yourself, and other so called "PR" folks more credit than you deserver. The Irish man is absolutely right - with out geting ready to pay the ultimate sacrifice, Meles/EPRDF ain't going nowhere". To be quite honest, the oppostion made its best person upfront, and when pressed hard he showed his true metal.

As I have said before, stop wining to EU/US to come and do the job for you, either you go to fight ord make the change from with in the system (however crooked it is at the moment). By insluting and cussin you are only making things worst with every "none Ethiopian grammer". Let me put it here for you once again, nothing will change with you and the like bchn, petitioning and complaining. At list the Irish man didn't come out and say you all are a bunch of cowards.

Email: mamo@yahoo.com

Ethiopian,

You must give me credit. When I said Ethiopian Grammer, I was referring exactly to you. Admit it I am good! I know the Irish man was you. The language and the arguement was you. I pinned you down. Again read what I wrote. You do not need to pin your position between neither and nor. Sometimes you have to get out of the box and think. Please stick to substantive discussiona nd avoid name calling. Lest I will unleach Cyber Bully at You.

Mamo Qilo

You got it wrong brother. I know you missed me, but like some of our paranoid brothers/sisters on this forum you belive what you want to belive. Not necessarily a fact. I know I can write better than you Mr. - I know it will be hard for you to take. Perhaps, I choose to write with out edit or re-reading or maybe on purpose - you can decide...

For the record, I don't use no other name but Ehiopian on perupose.....

Oh - and as for you unleashing cyber bully on me - bring it on. I will slap the test our of your mouth with sound arguments - and will strip your argument bare naked for all to see....;-) And to other observers, no I'm not Mamo aruging with myself - as some paranoid fools probably think already....

Ethiopia,
I am with you brother. At the same time, Meles is armed to his teeth. Instead of fighting starvation, Aids and Malaria, etc., he has been buying arms and building his own army. How are you going to fight him without getting outside assistance? I am sure it will be difficult for Ethiopians in the diaspora to make financial contributions because Meles will, I’m sure, tell the US that we are trying to incite ethnic war, and he will caution the US to be watchful for these types of contributions. Meles has this influence because of his public relations strengths. No one wants to bow down to another country and beg for help, but this is exactly what Meles has done to raise to power and remain in power.

Ethiopian,

I know you write better English. My English is broken. Lencho and Mulugeta Asrate Kassa also write excellent English. The point is making sense and staying principled. You and I argued on a particular point. I believe we aregued on four major points. You ended up submitting to my argument on two points and back pedalled on one. The last one you refused to admit, but it was clear you lost the debate and started throwing insult. You still owe me an apology.

Mamo QIlo

Selam,
To be honest with you, if diaspora realy realy want, the fund can be raised & neither Melese nor the US govt can stop it - and that is a fact. I'm sure you know this days there are more ways than one. Now, I for one, don't belive more blood shade is what is called for in Ethiopia at this stage. So, I am one of those who is willing to make changes peacfully. Therefor, my arguments is accepting what little progress there is (oppostion getting 40%), and the fact that there was election in Ethiopia to begin with, and to give it chance for another term to make changes in civil manner. I don't think writing campaign to the west will make an iota in day to day live of average Ethiopiab.

My own observation, most of the current generatoin Ethiopians (specially ones leaving outside) are not willing to pay the ultimate price. So, I belive, they should also stop the devisive language, ulimatum and ethinc slurs - and look for other means to get to democracy. I am honestly saying to you I have never known any members of CUD, or the party until the recent election - and I am not sure all the faith that is being put on them is prudent. Becuase they have not proven anything. Most people support them mostly because they dislike current govt. From what I have seen so far, they have a leader who was in the Derg, couldn't articulate his postion, and from the looks of it who will only make things worst for the country.

Dear reader!

Mamo Qilo must be in some kind of mental disorder to tell Mr. Paul he is not from Irish when he "Mr. Paul" said so.

Ethiopian,

Your true color is coming out.

You said: "My own observation, most of the current generatoin Ethiopians (specially ones leaving outside) are not willing to pay the ultimate price. So, I belive, they should also stop the devisive language, ulimatum and ethinc slurs - and look for other means to get to democracy."

I say: You sound like Meles. The people who are asking for a change of government are the people in Ethiopia. They are the ones who voted for a change. They are the ones who are bing murdered and still standing firm. So why are you trying to divert the attention to the people on the diaspora.

You wrote: "I am honestly saying to you I have never known any members of CUD, or the party until the recent election - and I am not sure all the faith that is being put on them is prudent. Becuase they have not proven anything. Most people support them mostly because they dislike current govt."

I say: You do not seem to understand the essnece of democracy. It does not matter wheter we knew them for a long time or not. What matters is the people voted for them. Again it matters not whether the people voted because they liked their policy or because the disliked Meles's government. They voted for the opposition. That is the bottom line. They cannot prove any thing before they are given a chance to govern.

You wrote: "From what I have seen so far, they (the opposition) have a leader who was in the Derg, couldn't articulate his postion, and from the looks of it who will only make things worst for the country."

That is your opinion. The fact that it coincide with Meles's and Gebreselassie's view is immaterial. But the bottom line is that the people voted for him. What are you going to do. Kill the people to stay in power.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo,
I didn't know you were the judge and jury on my one-on-one with you. But, I'm not surprised you think that you won. The jury weather I lost the argument to you or not is sitll out there. I still have my $1000 check ready to go. But, I said it before and I will say it agin, EPRDF will be delcared winner in the next month or so (NO - I don't think the election is completely fair - but it is a start). So, stop talking touch and giving ultimatums, if you can't put your life where your mouth is.

Personally I like you and I bet I will get a long with you if we run into each other. But, based on your postings, you strike me as one of those who always have answer to everything, and will learn never learn anything the easy way. Life will teach you sooner or later comproise is the only wayl. As the saying goes "mekerwe mekerew, ambe sele mekera yemkerew"

Mamo,
I am disappointed to see you put me with the likes of Gebremenamen....you DO owe me appology. You can try to reply to my messages in hair split and out of context manner, that I expect even though I see you miss the point time and again. But, you are pandering to the hypnotized mass with key words to turn them agains me. Belive it or not I am pure Ethiopian who have not supported EPRDF before. And if you can fathom it without accusing me of anything else, I think it is best to compromise and work it otherways. The way you and others on this forum are going about it is tried and failed approach that will never take us anywhere. So, please stay focused on the message, and address me or attack me as me....don't be a cyber fool..

Ethiopian, First and formost my apology (sincere apology, not my forgive me type apology) to put you with Gebremenamen. I love his new name Gebremenamen. I am aking all Ethiopian to address him as Gebremenamen. What a name.

The only difference I have with you is the following. First I do not think I misquote you. I quoted you word for word. What you are saying is that you know the election is not fair. This implies that Meles has rigged the votes. This is your own statement. Then you come and say that the opposition should compromise. Compromise on what? Betray the people and let the armed looter stay? Can you be hones and say: "I am Ethiopian first. I belive Meles has rigged the vote. But I ask the opposition to let him rig the peoples vote" What you are saying is just that. Please do not sugar quote it. There is no other way to put it. This is exactly why I said I won the debate. You have been cornered and you refuse to either admit your position is wrong or say that yes my positionis wrong, but we need to do that otherwise Meles will kill our people. Let us hear it. One more time sorry to comapre you with Gebremenamen. I love his name. I bet you his parents would have given him this name if they have heard of it before.

Mamo QIlo

Ethiopian!

It shame to see you are knocked down by Qilo.

Bebremenamen,

Ethiopian is knocked by me. I was wrong to compare him with you. Gebremenamen, I mean this. Bye Gebremenamen.

Mao QIlo

Mamo,
Appology accepted. I still think you are quoting me. I can site several examples of where people compromosied for the good of the "forest", in civilized societies. Just an example, I don't think it is fair whites are still the reachest in South Africa, and most blacks are extremly poor 10 years after aparthaied, but guess what balcks have gained so much ground in the last 10 years and if this trend continue they will get to a placed they dreamed of soon. Now, if they wanted justice day one after aparthied, there would have been so much obstacle put before them - they would have been in much worst situation they are in now. But, leaders like mandela who spent decases in jail were willing to compromise, and accept certain things they did not like or agree with. I think we should take a queue from that. On the other hand, if you look at Mugabe, who could make the case to his people and the world on the whites who owned most of the best land there for need to redistributing the land. However, the METHOD he chose were poor at best, and guess what the people he tried to help are in worst shape today than they were before the redistribution. So, LETS LEARN THE LESSON.

I meant to say "you are still quoting me out of context". And are putting words in my mouth....you are loosing this argument admit it...;-)

Ethiopian,

Ansewr my question directly. Let me repost it. Here it is.

The only difference I have with you is the following. First I do not think I misquote you. I quoted you word for word. What you are saying is that you know the election is not fair. This implies that Meles has rigged the votes. This is your own statement. Then you come and say that the opposition should compromise. Compromise on what? Betray the people and let the armed looter stay? Can you be hones and say: "I am Ethiopian first. I belive Meles has rigged the vote. But I ask the opposition to let him rig the peoples vote" What you are saying is just that. Please do not sugar quote it. There is no other way to put it. This is exactly why I said I won the debate. You have been cornered and you refuse to either admit your position is wrong or say that yes my positionis wrong, but we need to do that otherwise Meles will kill our people. Let us hear it. One more time sorry to comapre you with Gebremenamen. I love his name. I bet you his parents would have given him this name if they have heard of it before.

Mamo Qilo

What I am saying the follwoing so please don't mis quote me...

Look, to me, CUD lost its credibilty or cry for election fairness when it agree to abide by the rules set by the 'current' election board. And they must be ready to accept the verdict now period (they knew the makup of the election board before so don't pretned all surprised now). I think CUD is a bunch well meaning folks and some oppotunist while others sit out of the election for pricipal. I'm actually surprised, how well they did on this election - to be honest I give credit to the current govt for allowing that. I am also saying, CUD complained about the election being rigged from start to end, even on districts they later leanr that they won. That makes their cry very crocodialish at this point. I say, stop risking furhter distablisation of the country. Take your significant gains and work to bridge the gap even further. We know where Melese/EPRDF stand all along - once again I think they have shown some improvment. If CUD will not stop, and not gracefully accept the ruling (even if it may not have been fair) they will loose most of us, and no we are not all hardcore EPRDF supporters.

For perspective and since I think you are learned man on american politics, I will site you an example of unfariness in the best democracy human being ever known. Lyndon Bayn Johnson (former preseident of US) used to bribe some sherifes and county election folks and did get some balots stuffed with dicesased voters in the 50/60s to get into congress, and was known to be racist in those days etc. But now if you look back, he was one of the best presidents ever for balck america and civil rights. That means somewhere along the line he had changed. So, some time you have to see the big picute and decide on the course to take, specailly from learned man like yourself.

Gebremenamen,
Butt out - you are here to distablize....not interested in REAL discussion....leave mamo alone...he is a fool but he is our fool...

Ethiopia,
You said: “I said it before and I will say it again, EPRDF will be declared winner in the next month or so (No – I don’t think the election is completely fair – but it is a start)”

I thought I was with you but you lost me big time. I totally don’t agree with you. You cannot be more wrong. The only reason Meles started the election is to please the West. He knew all along that he was going to steal the votes.

Selam,
I agree with you that the election is probably stolen. I never expected the election to be fair to beging with. But, I am happlily surprised the election did so well. And I am not as surprised as others are on this forum that EPRDF will win (that is what I meant). Having said that, unless we are hypocrits, we have 2 choices befoe us to go to war with EPRDF and I mean go myself to fight. Or, work within the system to change it. Call me what you will, by my argument was that we need to stop the tried failed approach. Dar tkemto mesadeb will only create antagonism and mistrust. At some point we need to grow out of that, I chose this time and the next 5 years to give it a shot. Change is coming to Ethiopia, since more of us are finally to start paying real attention to make real change. I am saying lets not focus on this election result..that is my opinion...

ETHIOPIAN!

IT IS UNDERSTOOD WHEN ASKED ME TO LEAVE ALONE MAMO QILO. EVEN YOU KNEW HE IS SUCH A QILO. "ZEMED KEZEMEDU AHYA KAMEDU" TEBLO YELE!

MR/MRS. ETHIOPIAN!

"ANCHI BAMETASHEW ANCHIW TIFECHIW"

YOU ARE EXPOSING YOURSELF HOW YOUR MIND WORK. YOUR MIND IS SMALLER THAN "MAGGOT MIND"

Gebremenamen - I know u are but what am I....go argue with people your mental capacity....you don't belong here..you are told by so many in so many diffrent ways...lemen cheko tohnaleh...derke atbel...YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE....you INTNETIONS are well known....get lost Mornon...

ETHIOPIAN!

I GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT, I SHOULDN'T BE IN THIS FORUM. WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHETHER THIS FORUM IS MEANT FOR FUN FAIR OF NEGEDITES OR NOT.

IF THE ANSWER IS YES, LET ME KNOW. I WILL STAY OFF THIS FORUM.

Ethiopian,

Just answer a simple question. The more you talk the more you are losing followers. I am asking you about EPRDF you are telling me about CUD.

Just answer this: Can you stand up and say this:

"I am Ethiopian first. I belive Meles has rigged the vote. Regrardless of that I ask the opposition to let him stay in power"

Just answer this. Do not write what CUD did or did not do. The question is EPRDF's illegal action not whether CUD is ready or not. It is for the people to say that. And they said No to Meles and Yes to CUD. Whether CUD agreed with NEB or not a question. If you agree the vote was rigged then you lose all your argument. The only way out for you is to back pedal and claim that the vote was not rigged.

Mamo QIlo

Mamo,
Here is what I can say. I am Ethiopian first, I belive it is possible EPRDF maynot have played fairly on this election. I also belive the opposition has done well on this election, and since oppostion agree to abide by the electoin board, it must leave by its final decision.

Ethiopian!

Congra!

You come up to the real sense. CUD and other oppostions parties must be abide by the law.

This is a bitter thing to swallow for MOMOMIANS.

Mr. Moderator,
Please personaly escort Mr. Gebremenamen from this topic...he is unwelcomed paticipant....I don't know how else to say it....find another topic and stay there..

Ethiopian,

Why are you dancing around and playing with words. Can you say "I am Ethiopian first. I believe or suspect that Meles has rigged the vote. Regardless of that I ask the opposition to let him stay in power"

You wrote: "I am Ethiopian first, I belive it is possible EPRDF maynot have played fairly on this election. I also belive the opposition has done well on this election, and since oppostion agree to abide by the electoin board, it must leave by its final decision."

Here are two falacies in your position. First if you believe that EPRDF may have not played failry (your code word for rigging election), then you cannot ask the opposition to live by the decision of NEB. The oppsotion agreed to abide by the decision of the NEB if and only if its decisions are just and its mode of operation are both transparent and valid. Your own statement does not seem to support this. The more you try to defend a flowed line of argument the more you are disappointing demcracy loving Ethiopians and the more you appease the Gebremenamens.

Can you say: "I am Ethiopian first. I believe or suspect that Meles has rigged the vote. Regardless of that I ask the opposition to let him stay in power" I assume not!

Mamo Qilo

Ethiopan!

Your request proved to me that you have no tolerance for free expression. Welcome to group of shamers.

By the way visist the link should you want to know the status of your former master henchman. You might be one of those who committed untold crime against your fellow Ethiopians. No wonder you hide your true name.

http://www.ice.gov/graphics

Mamomians!

Why you are asking him the same quesiton now and then.
He is an Ethiopian so do you and Mengistu who is in Zimbabwe.

Gebremeles,
Melese is not any better than Menegestu. The majority of Ethiopian people have been living with fear and intimidation for the last 15 years. They are still being killed by their govt. So many people are still dying of starvation and diseases. Not much have changed since Menegestu for most Ethiopians. Some are in the worst position than ever before. Only one province has seen the benefit of having Melese. My uncle’s wife who is Tigray told me how much Melese improved Mekelae by building Schools, Hospitals, Universities roads and Electricity and so on. Don’t you think the rest of Ethiopia deserves improvement or you just don’t care? At least Menegestu did not play favoritism.

Kifunet Alwedeme!

The only reason you asked me such a question is because you are part of a group who are born either to deny the reality on the ground or who like to exaggerate things.

No wonder you hold your real name in secret.

Gebre,
Why do you always change the subject when some one asks you a question? You always start attacking people and calling them names. Gebre, are you retired from driving taxi? Or are you permanently disabled from getting kicked by those students? I am just wondering. It seems you are on this web site 24/7. Gebremenamen, how about those pilots? Are you elated as we all are? Or are you dumb founded?

Kifunet Alwedeme

How do you know that, I am 24/7 on web unless you do the same too? Just curious.

Gebremename,
As if you are using you real name, you are accusing of not using my name - you are full of it. I refuse to exchange in anyother way but moroic way with you, becuase you are not hear to change minds or to be persuaded by sound arguments....no no no ...you have other agenda...and it stinks even over the internet....so you have been busted.....get lost find another topic....

Ethiopian!

If the internet stinks, you should go and see a psyciatric without a delay as this proves to me you have a big problem.

Mamo,
I am not no moron like Gebremename & will not blindly admit Melese/EPRDF have done all the right things, and under them NO injustice has been done in Ethiopia. Look don't get me wrong here,fact is Melese/EPRDF has practiced extreme zeregnet ever since they came to power, and there had been a lot of injustice. Most decent Ethiopians resent that. But to make my point what I am sayin is that we need compromise and work with them, unelss we are ready to go to war twith them. I used an example of South African white who even have commited worst crimes before I do it again here. Mandela and balkc south african's compromised with the whites, because they wanted better south africa in the future, not because they didn't want to exact revenge at the moment.

The diffrence between me and people lie you and the moderator is that, you gusy are idealistic while I am realistic. You guys talk the tough talk, and when push comes to shuve you will not do anything tangible to follow thru with your tough talk. When some one like me put forward, other alternative ideas he is shouted down as person with alterier motives. I know a lot of people who sit around and one up each other how much they hate melese/eprdf, but they do it from safe distance, and with not personal risk to themselves - as bob marly said this are hypocrits. The best this type of peopl can do is petition the west, crying and screaming. So they can get "mest", or sympthy from libral westerner. Mean time we are the poorest of the poor. I am saying to you the west heard all this scream, and saw the demonstration in addis (in which Ato. Hailu even denied that there was one on the interview - which one of the reasons he turned me off), and still decided to call Melese to G8 summit, and even gave him awards. As the saying goes "lekomata ande date berke new" endemilu, in that part of Africa they see Melese as the only better option, not because they don't know what is going on. Now, I know Melese will not go anywhere (not saying as supporter, but saying this as reality), and because the opposition is all TALK, they will eventually accept reality - just watch, and go to parlama as minoirty party. I know this will rub a lot of people the wrong way, therefore dismissing my whole point - but that is ok "....mekera yemkerew". Which is, lets focus on helping average Ethiopians FIRST , lets take the gains now and compromise where we must (unless we are ready to do something about it) by doing something real. As for the future, I am optimistic that the genie is out of the bottle now, there will be more election in Ethiopias future, and the election process will only get better from here. I honestly belive on the next election CUD or some one else could realy win the popular vote if there is none-devisive atmosphere.

So, please don't be "I made up my mind, don't bother me with the fact dude" like gebremenamen....this is the last I will say on this topic. Lets reconvine in 5 months, to see who is right - if this website is sitll here.

Ethiopian,

You are still afraid to say in plain language that Meles has rigged the people's votes, but regardless of that you ask the opposition to let him stay in power.

Meles would do the same thing in the next election. Are you going to have the same opinion to let him stay inpower or fight him then. I think you are being too naive and too idealist. Do you think gebremenamen would say aany thing different five years from now. My brother let me tell you for the last time. The political machinery is used to protect the looting establishment. Their loot would be even bigger five years from now and they will be even bolder.

Mamo Qilo

Ethiopian,

You said that you are "optimistic that the genie is out of the bottle now, there will be more election in Ethiopias future, and the election process will only get better from here. I honestly belive on the next election CUD or some one else could realy win the popular vote if there is none-devisive atmosphere."

Let us hope your thinking and wishes will materialize. But for the sake of completness, let me ask you this. What will you do or suggest the people do if if the election process did not get better and if meles riggs the votes as he seems to have done this time. Your argument seems to accept that Meles may have rigged the votes this time. What would you do if he did it again five years from now? will you take Mamo's position or would you say again "lets focus on helping average Ethiopians FIRST , lets take the gains now and compromise where we must"

cheers,

BB

People are either being naive or trying to mislead public opinion when they suggest that the opposition can compromise and work with Zenawi. First of all, the issue of compromise can only be raised when we know the exact number of seats won by each party. This has two fold benefits - it will once and for all establish the faith in the democratic process, people will be able to say, yes, my vote counts. They will feel they are part of the system able to make an impact of the type of government that should serve the country. People power will, for the first time in Ethiopia's history have a foothold in the country.
secondly, each party will be able to find out where it stands in the Ethiopian political scene. The winners and losers of the election can be identified.

None of these two fundamental issues is resolved at the moment. We do not know for sure who has won the election, except that, from projections of the vote counts that took place in the presence of independent observers, the Opposition have won by a large majority.

We also know that the vote counting was stopped dead in its track by the regime, as it became clear that the opposition was winning all the seats in the regions where the result of votting was announced. From that point onwards we know what happened. The regime was in real trouble and for weeks there was no resuls being announced, then suddenly they started to release some figures in trickles, showing their own figures going up and up with out end. One has to ask why, after a gap of few weeks all the results were coming out in favour of the regime to arrive at the issue of vote rigging and fraud. In the mean time
many local election observers, on the ground, were being removed and threatened and killed, ballot boxes stolen, burned down etc. What else can this be if it can not be described as vote rigging/fraud, roberry and deceit.

How can one explain the massacre of people for demanding vote rigging to be stopped, if this is not be seen an attack on democracy and human rights.

These events can only tell us one thing. The regime are not genuine to bring about a democratic change in Ethiopia and they have no wish to give up power. if so, they would have respected the peoples' verdict and allowed the democratic process to run its full course with out any interference.

The Ethiopian people should know,see and believe that their votes have gone into the right hands. The regime has prevented the people from making their own choice. This will only make the people to loose faith in themselves and their inability to bring about a change peacefully. To them it will mean it does not matter whether they voted or not, it is not going to bring any change any way. That is how people are going to see it.
This is why we say the votes of the people must be made to count.THIS IS a FUNDAMENTAL ISSUE.

To All,
Forget waiting for five years, If after ONE year, I see the business as usuall. I will start fundraising effor to remove Zenawi with the barrel of the GUN. With in that year, I propose the opposition makes sure that the "election board" will contain nutral and trusted pepole from all sides. I will expect, EPRDF to appologize to the ethiopians who got killed during demonstration and pay $$ to their families. I want to see EPRDF trying to be the leaders to all Ethiopians, not to some. On the other hadn, I want to see the opposition to lower the retohric, and disagree in civilized manner without calling names. As for people like Gebrememane, they will definately be there and they are so miguided it is a lost cause with them, but shame on me if Gebremenamen or his like set the agenda for the future. He doesn't have his brain, so he only thinks his survival as person depends on Melese staying on power by anymeans necessary - that is why he thinks like he does. I am saying I want to hold my nose and give it a chance.....

Abey,

Thank you. It appears to me that Ethiopian should understand that his position is flawed. For him compromise means letting Meles steal the vote, ignore the peoples vote and wishes and ask the opposition to settle for less mandate than what the people have bestowed upon them. This is no compromise. This is surrender. It is betraying the people.

Mamo Qilo

Ethiopian,

You are not holding your nose. You are asking us to hold the peoples nose. It is also naive to say let us give them a chance and come back a year from now. On what ground are you coming back a year from now after you have given them mandate to steal the election for five years. Good luck with your fundraising. Your position is flawed and it is showing. "I hope they would be nice" or "I expect them to be nice" or "they must be the government of the people" is not a policy. It is wishful thinking grounded on nothing. I have told you before you can not change the behavior of a looter by calling him your honor.

Your comromise is surrender. Call it by its name. At least be honest.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo,
Lets agree to disagree without resorting to name calling. I put what I think is an alternative for fellow ethiopians, every one has eyes and can read - they can decide the tried and failed approach should be tried once more or they can look for other ways to get the result wanted. what you and the like have done the last 14 years, seat on the side line and be ragerous with out willing to pay the sacrifice, is usless and will only hinder the cause than help. Your indignation will not make change, other than make you fell you care for your country.

Out of context quotation to make your point

You are misguiding other by selectivley quoting me out of context to make your point....I wish you stop that...

Ethiopian,

I did not resort to any name calling. On this subject you were the one who resorted to name calling and came back to apologize. I am also not quoting you out of context. I am exposing the falacy in your line of thought in a civil and constructive manner. Agan read your last two messages you are the one resorting to personal attacks.

You wrote: "I put what I think is an alternative for fellow Ethiopians, every one has eyes and can read - they can decide the tried and failed approach should be tried once more or they can look for other ways to get the result wanted."

What is the tried and failed approach? Surrendering or standing up for fighting? And also pelase do not say the opposition is involved in name calling. When did you hear any of the opposition members CUD or UEDF attacking the government. It is the government that is involved in false accusation. Second, you were not being honest when you said "Hailu even denied that there was [a demonstration] on the interview - which one of the reasons he turned me off" This was not what he said. You amaze me. You admit that the government has rigged the vote. Yet it is the opposition that you criticise for not surrendering. You even quote the opposition out of context to make a point.

MAmo Qilo

Dear Mamo,
Time will tell! To the falacy of yours or my argument. I wish to be wrong on my assesmen that Melese/EPRDF will hand over the key to the palace and run out of the town, once we shame them into submission with how the election was rigged. I see that with out compromise (even with those you abhore), nothing will change.....Jury is out so be patient---

One more thing, even Israeli and Palestine are compromising with all the diffrences from biblical time on. Our differences couldn't possibly parallel that, so if they find a way to find common ground why can't we? We think in our lil mind we are the most important country etc....the rest of the world see us as we are...the poorest and most reached. Yet we think we are so important and that US govt should listen etc...look US govit worries about Korea, Iran, China, Iraq, EUetc....the last thing in thier mind is the "rigged" electoin in Ethiopia. They see country like ours as a dot in the map, and full of peple who don't know their priorities if it drops on thier head...and who think they are so important that the world notice the complaint about election....the west look on pity on us (deservedly so), and they just want us not kill each other for this or that. Becuase their expectaion is so low - look at the neihborin countires - And they will not go against any govt who can maintain law and order at this point...forget democracy or electoins from one westernere point of view,, just FEAD YOURSELVES first is what one told me.....so snap out of it boys and girls...election in ethiopia is luxury at this point..so lets attack poverty and hunger with the same vigor we will have better result in actually making a difference in the lives of the people.......

Ethiopian,

No one on this forum said the opposition should not compromise. There are areas you compromise on and there are positions you do not compromise on. What you are asking is for the opposition to surender. Or to let the government rig this election. You are not even asking for a shared power, where the government and the opposition share power.

No one said we should not fight poevrty. No one calaimed that and asking for your right to govern and fighting poverty are not mutually exclusive. If any thng you should know democracy is the best way to fight poverty.

And finally we know Ethiopia is one of the four poorest nation on Earth. It is a country where famin comes and goes on a regular basis. It is a nation where people drop like flies from the most common diseases. But none of this justifies your position to ask the opposition to allow the government to rig the election. We are where we are because of our political problem. Do you know how many people returned to Ethiopia to start investment, clinics, and ended u returning to the US and Europe because they could not compete with TPLF businesses. Do you know how many people lost there wining busines proposals, because TPLF claimed it for itself and refused to give them permission? Do you know that many renowned economists have benn telling Meles to change his land policy as a way to fight poverty and famine?

Please do not tell us about compromise when you are asking us is to surrender and to let them continue their looting practices.

Mamo QIlo

I am getting confused and am not clear what Ethiopian is saying. Mamo's position is clear. Ethiopian you are being illusive. Tell us what you are saying.

You have been clear on what CUD and UEDF should do? That is accept what ever EPRDF is willing to give them, not the full mandate that the people seem to have given them. This seems to be clear from your writings.

What, in your opinion, should Meles undertake that shows a fundamental change in his governance structure to assure the people that EPRDF will change its way of doing things before we agree to let it continue in the palace. Things like "promise to listen to the people" is not concrete guarantee that it would do. What institutional and organizational changes should they introduce as a compromise. You have to be clear when you ask compromise from the opposition. If your request is targeted only at the opposition, then what Mamo has been saying is right. You are asking the people to surender not compromise.

Yejib Tila

Mamo,
Let me be very clear hear again then - I AM NOT ASKING YOU OR THE OPPOSITION TO SURRENDER BLINDLY. But, I am telling you that the language you are using will not help your cause. The poepl who will pay the heavy price because of this type of disource are be the average Ethiopians who will continue to live in the country, not the ones who came to invest and runback to the west when the going get tough! I have no simpathy for those who wine "we came to addis with good intentions, and TPLF took away our business plan, and blocked for us to succeed etc...." there are those who went there and find away to succeed inspite of the same obstacles. Even in the US 90% new business fail tha tis a fact. This is Africa, nothing will be server on silver platter for you and nothing will be easy.

I AM NOT FOR TPLF TO CONTINUE ITS LOOTING. Never said it! I said lets find other alternative way to get to where we are. From your langauge I se ethat there is no way, no how you can deal with Melese/EPRDF under any form . Then you have put yourself in the corner. You have only one option. To go to war with them! Becuase THEY WILL NOT HAND OVER THE KEY TO YOU - period! If you don't want to go to war, then you have to ask yourself how can we get them to the table and take gains where you can, teach them you must and make the change in due time. This change will have to iclude THEM as well, if not you will continue to have distablized country.

yejib,
Look, Melese/TPLF fought thier way to power from chaka. And if you look at their background, it is miracle they allowed any election to take place in the first place. You could say it is bogus election, but I see the fact that opposition won 40% so far is wellcome sign of things to come. Roame was not built in 14 years, it is very childish and naivity of grandest scale to think that EPRDF was going to seed power after this election. If you are realist, you would know that.

Now, the opposition has been very vocal about the injustice in the country in the past, and rightly so. But, the language that is being used to attack Melese/EPRDF is so vail that, it will not lead to any peacful transition of power. Just playing devils advocate, if I was Melese and I see some of this comments, I will not incline to work with you. The key here is folks need to creat the condusive atmosphere for civilized disourse, which enavitably lead to good governance in Ethiopia. Ruling party may not have allowed the electoin to take place on its own, and with Ethiopians best interest at heart. It is possible it was pressured, pushed/bribe by westerners who want to saw seed of democracy in the country. They full well know that, in the short run, Melse/EPRDF will probably not give power up just from the ballot box. But, if there is releative peace and low level of antagonism the constituion will be refined (and oppostion can play big part in this even with 40%), and the judiciary becomes independent and election board will be netrual. This conditions will set stage for democratic process to grow and flower. What I am seeing from you and other is a language that leaves no room for compromise, and it is so vitorlic that it will take the country to another war footing. The sad thing here is that most who speak in langauge where there is no room for compromise will not be willing to personaly pay the ultimate price. They seat on the sideline and fan the flame. This mentality of we have to burn the whole city to save it must stop. We have to swallow some bitter pills, so unless you are ready to go to wary with them, then you must must find other ways to work with them. If you see this position as surrender then - I say you are two dimntional when you should be three. For the good of the Ethiopian people, I am ready to accept what ever the "election board decided. If I was the oppostion leader, one of the most importatnt thing I will do for my country is not to rule the country in the next five years, but to make sure and work on the constituion and to make sure and work on making the electoin board nutral.

Ethiopian,

I see two problem with your argument and I believe this is also what Mamo Qilo has been stressing.

First, you say "if there is releative peace and low level of antagonism the constituion will be refined ... and the judiciary becomes independent and election board will be netrual. This conditions will set stage for democratic process to grow and flower."

On what ground are you saying this? Just because we wish some thing would happen does not make it happen. Remember Meles said this election was a miscalculation on his part. What did you think he meant by that.

Second, it is not right for you to keep on saying that (a) the language being used by the opposition, etc. and (b) the people who are paying the price are the people who are in Ethiopia. The opposition is in Ethiopia. They are sacrificing with their lives. And they have been dealing with all this while remaining civil in their discourse. You can not say the language used by Mamo and a few others on this forum represents the views of the opposition, CUD and UEDF.

So my brother, you are being too critical on the opposition. The opposition on the ground is saying that we will not compromise on the peoples vote. On any other issue they have shown their interest and willigness to compromise. So I think it is your position that is confused and confusing. Please do not confuse the civility of the opposition led by CUD and UEDF and the strong language used by the likes of Mamo. That is both unfair and intentionally deciving.

His language may be strong, but Mamo's logic is sound and consistent. Your logic seems t be inconsistent with itself and you are misrepresenting the stand and the civility of the opposition. I also found it interesting to note that you have not said much about the language of Meles who wrongly and viciously attacks the opposition. No, you would rather criticize the opposition for not taking it in the chick graciously.

Yejb Tila

Ras Ethiopian,

I think Lidetu's interview may have rendered your argument lifeless. Please go read his interview and give us your take. Can you say the opposition is taking a wrong stand? Can you say the opposition is using strong language? Ethiopian you have been served!

This is my last posting on this topic with you. I do not think I can better Lidetu.

Mamo Qilo

Yejib,
Well, if melese said having the election, in and of it self, was miscalculation then shame on him. Having said that, I myself have not seen/read this quote rted on any cridble/nutral jounal/paper, however that doesn't mean he is not capbale of saying it. But, I don't think playing tit-for-tat when it comes to mud-slinging is in the interest of the oppostion of Ethiopian peopl. Because it will only take us backward. And some one at some point has to take the higher ground, and yes I expect the oppositoin to take the higher ground.

Lets get back to the election, as I have said before this election may not be of Melese's own choice in the first place, but lets say other donner nations convinced that it is in his best interest, but he gets credit for allowing it. As for criticism of the divsive language used by EPRDF/Melese, I want to go on the record to say EPRDF/Melese have said very divisive things ever since they have taken power, and they too must stop it. If they won't, they will only shorten their existance. Because tribalism politics the country is dvided in a very ugly way, I don't need to get into that with I'm sure. I would go as far to say that they should take full responsbility for the backlash of hatred the whole Tirgrean people are facing most of the time unfairly. Hope this satisfy you that I am not excluding one or the other when it come to the divisive langauge.

LET ME BE CLEAR ABOUT MY POSITOIN TO YOU; I will boil it down to the crux of why I thik the country shouldn't be pushed into further disruption:

The opposition ACCEPTED (you can not deny this) to abide by the current NATIONAL ELECTOIN BOARD decision as the FINAL aribter of this election. Now, there are several oppositoin groups who sat out the election because of priciple, and also because they did not accept the "election" board and its memebers as they are.

Now, the CUD/UEDF went ahead and particiapted with the electoin anyway, and done better than most inside or ouside observers ever imangined. Regular or irregular the electoin went the way it did. Now the situation lend it self so that the NEB is going to announce the winner, the opposition sensing the iminent outcome is complaining that this is not fair. Well, then you shouldn't have agreed to "accepted" to abdie by the rules in the first place. Unless ofcourse they are hypocirts. And, belive it or not, I am not saying because I am cheering for EPRDF/Melese to win now. I am pointing to the "inconsistency" of the oppostion. It may seem that I am harpping on blames after blame on the opposition, because I am holding them to higher standard, because they claim they are better than EPRDF - I don't really see that much of a difference to be honest when it comes to language used, and being far sighted.

So, we have two choices here, one - lets disrupt the country and make life even worst than it is today, or two take advantage of the gains from this election and continue on chaging the rules on the ground to make it better next time. I take the latter. The fact is this election is over, the sooner you accept that the better. Overall, I am seeing the whole thing as positive for the country. Belive it or not, the west have seen the opposition argument and told in so many words to gorw up. So, lets calm down step back and go to work on getting the lives of the people better.

Ethiopian,

You are mistaken, the word "grow up" from the west not to the opposition, but to EPRDF. The more you write the more you show your biase towards EPRDF and your unfair and unsunstantiated criticism is coming out in the open. It is difficult to see the difference between your position and that of Gebreselassie.

Again you are wrong and unfair to say the opposition needs to tone down its language. Go read Lidetu's interview and tell us where he needs to tone down. Please accept that Mamo Qilo is not the opposition. The opposition is in Ethiopia.

What you are saying boils down to one thing. Yes, EPRDF has rigged the votes, but we should be happy they even agreed to have the election. Let us accept whatever they are willing to give us and move on.

And please stop twisting facts to support your flawed argument. Your statement and I quote as it is: "The opposition ACCEPTED (you can not deny this) to abide by the current NATIONAL ELECTOIN BOARD decision as the FINAL aribter of this election." The opposition agreed to the process as long as it is transparent and fair. If that does not to be the case it is their right and responsibility to reject it. Not even Meles said the opposition should accept the NEB decision as Final. Even Meles said they can go to court. You are taking a more extreme position than EPRDF itself.

Yijib Tila

Yejib,
The fact that you though you were convinced this election was going to result in opposition wining tells me that you are a dreamer, or you must be smoking something.

Looks like you are loosing your temper, so I don't think you and I will come to a consenses here. You went right back to what you and do best mud slinging when you can not win your argument. I was going to wirte certain chosen words for tying me with gebremenamen but I am biting my tongue...and show you what it means to take the higher ground.

But the sad fact is that you and people like you probably will not risk their life to stand for what you are saying. You can seat there and be judgmental of me all you want, but I did not see any oppositoin with balls to stnad up to Meles/EPRDF when push come to shove, & he dared you several times in your own face.

Here is the prediction of what will happen next, you can come back to this topic 3 months from now, and see that I am 2 for 2.

NEB - will announce EPRDF to be winner

CUD/EUDF - leadership will complain and will come back to line

Ethiopian,

Can you tell us where Yijib Tila engaged in mud slinging? Can you tell us where your poosition is different from Gebremenamen. I know you are not a supporter of gebremenamen. After all you are the one who gave him the name. The bottom line is your position is aligned with gebremenamen.

Mamo Qilo aka
Yijib Tila aga
Bula Geberdin aka
Yimer Ali aka
Tomas Sibago aka
Yonhanes Masinko aka
etc

Momo,
That is your conclusion. It doesn't mean it is correct.

To being with, Gebremenamen never say anything negetive about Meles/EPRDF. I do! So, don't get obssesed trying to "reconcyle" me wiht him.

What I am finding here is that, how the hell you all think EPRDF was going to be democratic all of a sudden and allow free and fair electoin. Unless you are ready to die for it, take what you have and work to change the rules! That is does of reality, that you all couldn't swallow. And, precisely why the Irish man started this topic for.

So, don't gable with the lives of the poor and hungry, with terazeneteknet, by offering something that is not practical for the country. Be wise...stop being quilo.

Ethiopian,

So you said it fianlly. "... How the hell you all think EPRDF was going to be democratic all of a sudden and allow free and fair electoin.... , take what you have and work to change the rules! That is does of reality, that you all couldn't swallow."

SO what you are saying is that Meles has rigged the election. But the opposition should take what Meles is ready to give them and work with it. Surrender. All I am asking you and what I made Yijib Tila ask you was to accept this without sugar coating it. Now you did. But it took me Yijib Tila to do so.

You are telling the very people who are sacrificing their lives and are constantly repressed by Meles, namely CUD and UEDF not ot "gamble with the lives of the poor and hungry, with terazeneteknet, by offering something that is not practical for the country." Shame on you. You have been served!

Mao Qilo

Aiy mamo le ka quil neh ewnetem!

Get this - "it is the sacrific stupid!" are you willing to pay for it?

Deep down, you know I'm write. When it is said and done, it is yedehawe lege who is getting killed , while people like you seat around and try to look wise. You are gambling with lives here so, put up or sh...

Melese already told you so many time - kefelek eske na? So, don't balber - the onuos is on you to show if you are a man or a wimp!

Ethiopian!

When it comes to that, Mamomian is not foolish. He won't go.

Ok now I get it. Gebremename=mamo

I want to appologize to my fellow ethiopians ;( I have diagresed much further than I wanted to, trying to make a point. I do not advocate war! I want us to resolve our problem in civilized manner. I am just sick of pepole who are full of gas taking our country in the wrong path time and again. If some one has better alternative than hage mongering and emty-promises, I am willing to listen. I will take sabatical from this forum now. Will be back in 3 months to check on my prediction.

Egzeabhere Ethiopian yeker yebelat!!
ende wusha erse be erse kemenakes yetebeken!!
Aynachenen yekfetw!!
Egzeabher egune le ethiopia yezeregal....not too long from now.

PEACE!!!!

How and when did you degenerate to being eles's advocate. Your support comes only from Gebremenamen. I told you several times that I am not the one who is prepared to call peaceful resistance, it is CUD and UEDF and they are in Ethiopia, paying with their lives. So do not belittle their efforts.

Yes, Meles has been saying "kefelek eske na?" But the opposittion has been wiser not to fall for that. Instead they gave him the very medicine he fears the most: Peaceful resistance.

You came back to apologize claiming that you "have diagresed much further than I wanted to, trying to make a point." You calim that you "do not advocate war!" Who does? The opposition CUD and UEDf do not. Mamo Qilo, the target of your responses does not. It is the very government that you are trying to put in office despite the wishes of the people (on this you admited that Meles might as have rigged the election).

You calim that you "want us to resolve our problem in civilized manner. I am just sick of pepole who are full of gas taking our country in the wrong path time and again."

What is the wrong path? You call standing for the votes of the people is the wrong path? It is deciving and a lie, when you say "If some one has better alternative than hage mongering and emty-promises" Neither the opposition nor the people on this forum are hate mongers. Can you call one. You sound more and more like Meles and geberemenamen. It is OK to admit being wrong than to degenerate to a point where you yourself feel uncomfortable.

Yejib Tila aka
Mamo Qilo

Mamomian!

First and for most, it is my high regard to Mr. Mulugeta Asrate Kassa who gave the name "Negedite" to group of people who caused misery and shames to the Ethiopian people during the Mengistu era. Those group of people are not still decapitated to their end. As all we know they are voicing their voices individually, collectivly, or in any other forms. Declaring as if this is not true is not only defying the reality but, it proves that the defier is comforter of Negedites.

Having said this, it amazed me why Mr. Lidetu had denied when he was asked by the reporter, "Are you a Negedite?"

Mr. Lidetu's response, "Sorry, I haven't read Dr. Negede Gobeze's book, so I can't say anything about its contents. Nor can I say anything about the person since he is not a CUD but a UEDF member. And I don't know him."

Mr. Lidetu comforter of Negedite was decapitated by reporter as BBC did to Mr. Hailu who is a member of Negedite.

THUMPS DOWN TO ALL SHAMERS WHO CAUSED SHAME TO ETHIOPIA AND WHO ARE IN MARATHON TO MEAN THAT!!

Have you guys noticed that the main discussion in this issue has been between me and Ethiopian. Selam Yehun, came first to support Ethiopian and came back to say that Ethiopian's positon is flawed and wrong. Abiy came to say Ethiopian is wrong.

Then you see Gebremenamen intervening several times. And no one seems to pay attention to him. He is a totally disgraced mercinery who does not even understand when he is ignored. He posted 13 messages unde this thread only. At one point he came to congratulate Ethiopian, but Ethiopian came right back and told him to go to hell. Tweleve unanswered messages on one topic. Why is this fool wasting his time.

Mamo Qilo aka
Yejib Tila

This in resposnse to Ethiopian's "breaking news" I hope Mamo is not playing those usual games here. Any way here I go!

I am also back from my sebaticals, as you did. I just couldn't help to keep quite this time around. Ethiopian, I have come to a conclusion that you are one immature lay guy who happens to have a good command of the language. Honestly speaking, I am confused as many here are about your true stand in the current developments in Ethiopia. I am not disillusioned about some misjudgements made by the opposition and some doubts about the competence of some of the leadership. No one expects perfection. They are maturing by the day. I am so amazed to hear that you give big credit for Meles for the "big" gains by the opposition. What kind of argument is this? Are you giving him credit for being bad as he is and let the people hate him so much? You talk about being realsit, yet you come as the the most unrealsitic person. Few weeks back, I have tried to point out to you the difference between you and Mamo on a simillar issue where I have made it abundantly clear that you are far skewed to the realm of unreality and emotional judgement. Now you come and accuse him of being unrealistic. What a shameful turn around. I wish the moderator had kept it and showed the readers how skewed your recommendations were then.

You turn out to be a digrace to all those who had favorable view of you. As Mamo puts it, you are just another version of the Asrates, lenchos etc. One big difference however is that the others do have clear personal motives. I couldn't figure out yours. You try to show your self as a genius politician by predicting that EPRDF would be winner and Opposition will be a minority in few months time. So what? Does it mean the path the oposition have opted is wrong. Are you suggesting that we should stop exposing meles's regime? Why? Where did you get all the optimistic views about meles and the rulling party? You said that if they don't change in one year time, you would do..... Haven't you seen them getting worse before they even took the government? Are you there in Ethiopia as you claim? What does all the new rules and regualtions for palriament and all the destructive policies towards Addis adminstration tells you of Meles's regime intentions? When did Meles in his entire history made any real concessions to give him the benefit of the doubt? Do I have to make a blind sacrifice as the bandits want us to? No, I won't. I will take all the opportunity and time to make a change inlcuding personal sarifice at the right time. I think that is the feeling of many Ethiopians inlcuding those in diaspora. Your effort to wedge between the diaspora and people at home is the other version of what Meles and and Co. are trying to show the difference between the Addis and the rural people. The diaspora, is the sample representative of the Ethiopian people, just like Addis is. There are some narrow nationalists who feel they have the freedom to vomit everything in their mind irrespective.., Some Chauvinists who live by empty pride, few ignorant and blind supportetrs of TPLF like gebere minamin and of course the bigger majority of multicolored Ethiopians who feel and share everything with their fellow brothers and sisters inlcuding paying the ultimate price when the need comes to do so. Don't forget that there were many in the past who went back home to pay the ultimate sacrifce and did so. The oppsosition is already doing that in some way. One shouldn't necessaily go to the jungles to fight. Those days are gone. This is a differenet form of fight which still requires standing firm in pricnciple.
Why should I care whether Mamo is Ethio Eritrean. I have many Ethio Eritrean friends who dearly love Ethiopia than Meles and Co. Do, I have to tell people that I am an Ethiopian? No. let my words and not my genetic links tell you that. As to Mamo, I have seen him making real contributions to the overall effort, so no wonder he happens to be a victim of attacks. As to Ethiopian, I have yet to see him making one. All I saw so far is empty and inconsistenet rhetoric rapped in a very good language.

Here are some of the latest quotable qotes of the great "Ethiopian" who accused Mamo of being an "Eritrean".

"election in ethiopia is luxury at this point..so lets attack poverty and hunger with the same vigor we will have better result in actually making a difference in the lives of the people.......

my answer the election is about hunger, jobs, right to live etc.. It is not luxury of Ethiopians. That is why they came in droves.

"Now, I know Melese will not go anywhere (not saying as supporter, but saying this as reality), and because the opposition is all TALK, they will eventually accept reality"

my answer: Not accepting Meles's verdict is not "all talk". It is being firm and principled. Meles demanded negotiation on the hague decision after agreeing that it is non negotiable.

"As for the future, I am optimistic that the genie is out of the bottle now, there will be more election in Ethiopias future, and the election process will only get better from here. I honestly belive on the next election CUD or some one else could realy win the popular vote if there is none-devisive atmosphere"

my answer: Are you suggesting that EPRDF is going to be non devisive overnight? What else do they know?

"Here is what I can say. I am Ethiopian first, I believe "it is possible EPRDF maynot have played" fairly on this election. I also believe the opposition has done well on this election, and since oppostion agree to abide by the electoin board, it must leave by its final decision.

my answer: you are tacitly telling us that the vote is not rigged: "it is possible EPRDF maynot have played fairly".

"I am also saying, CUD complained about the election being rigged from start to end, even on districts they later leant that they won . That makes their cry very crocodialish at this point."

my answer: I thought it is too obvious a logic for a "learnt Ethiopian" that winning doesn't imply it wasn't rigged.

"Forget waiting for five years, If after ONE year, I see the business as usuall. I will start fundraising effor to remove Zenawi with the barrel of the GUN. With in that year, I propose the opposition makes sure that the "election board" will contain nutral and trusted pepole from all sides. I will expect, EPRDF to appologize to the ethiopians who got killed during demonstration and pay $$ to their families. I want to see EPRDF trying to be the leaders to all Ethiopians, not to some. On the other hadn, I want to see the opposition to lower the retohric, and disagree in civilized manner without calling names"

my answer: Empty wish, look my arguments above.

"Gebremename's problem for me is that, he never had any crytsim for Melese/EPRDF - if he once say here is something Melese did I didn't like then he will get a lot of credibility.

my answer: Then mamo is right that you are not very far from gebereminamin, you may as well apply to be a gebreminamin you have some qulaifications.

"Mamo is the worst type he is one of those who celebrated when demonstrator got killed in addis, we know you now!!! Look at him now pretending to be carying oppostion supporter."

You are a disgrace! actions speak better than millions of words. He showed his pain by his clear and objective recommendations while you, what have you done?

"Instead of working so hard for the destruction of Melese you better pray he stays, other wise the oppostion will make sure and go riht to the read sea on day two!!!

my answer: Thank you Ato minamin..

Jadu Aka Jadu

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Jadu aka Jadu,

This Ethiopian guy is an interesting guy. I knew from the get go, he was not straight up with us. I knew it was him who impostered as Paul the Irish.

That is why I wrote the following: "Mr. Paul Farrell, your name may be Irish, may be with a Kurdish accent in the twist. But, sir, your gramer is Ethiopian, no doubt." I knew It was Ethiopia who wrote it. He then claimed to come out of his hybernation. All along he has been suggesting that we should let Meles stay in power. And he was blaming the opposition to justify his position to keep Meles in the palace. I identified him as an imposter. I argued with him and left him lifeless. Now he claims that I am Eritrean. I would rather have an Eritrean who defends Ethiopia without any excuse than to have an Ethiopian who is ready to sell her off for the highest bidder. I am referring to Ethiopian And Mululeba.

For the record. I am Ethiopian and do not have any Eritrean blood in me. Not that it matters any way. I am giving the fool full right to post my name and picture. The fool made a mistake of bluffing. And now I am calling his bluff.

Ankasa Doro

Mr. Jadu,
I see you are so indigenet! I will responde to you - but I will wait to see if Mr. Modesensor delte my other posting first.

Mamochamilian,
I don't pretned to be three people at once nor do I debate myself quoting my otherself to make my point. People who fail to see how dangerous that is - and that they like you because of your silly way can continue to like you. But, this is not a game! We are talking about real lives here! There will be 1000 ethiopian Kids that will die today! Just seat there and think abou it for a moment. If you understnad the gravity of that you don't BS us with your wise cracks...I will get back to you and surgically dismember your sabotaging postings one by one. No, I will not go selectively qute what you say - to make my point. I will do it one message posting after another...lets see the modesesor does to my other posting first....

Ethiopian,

My aregument is consistent. There is nothing you can do to discredit my views. You do not need to wait for the Moderator. Go ahead. Do not use excuses. Go right ahead.
Quote me and post my real name and pictures as you suggested you would. Meanwile, can you respond to the thread: "From Lidetu to Ethiopian".

Ethiopian, you are Meles's agent. Why did you have to pretend. You are against the opposition. Why did you have to hide that. Stand up for what you believe. Do not hide behind words. Come out clean and defend what you stand for.

Can you say the folowing:

1. Meles is the enemy of Ethiopia.
2. Mees ha stolen the Peoples Vote
3. The opposition has every right to demand for the vote of the people to count
4. Ready or not, if the opposition had won the election, it is entitled to form a government and govern.

The Mamo Qilo

Well said,Paul.You hit the nail on the head.No pain,no gain.We must be willing to pay sacrifices materially and with our lives.Only if we are determined and others see it,we get support.If we just bark like dogs and do not bite,we will not accomplish anything.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca