Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We Are Harvesting the Fruits of Misplaced Trust

My fellow citizens, what Clark said is all an insult that reached to the depth our soul. It is an attack against our collective believes as a nation.

The only good thing that should come out of this is that we have to take an aggressive stance to defend our own freedom. No donor community or super power can and will decide on our destiny as a nation. The Ethiopian people have to take matters into their own hands.

Tim and his other utterly ugly diplomats sensed fear and lack of self confidence in the opposition and rater felt "petty" for them. The opposition failed to fiercely demand a leveled play ground and gave into unfair demands and grossly biased terms of agreement.

All the trust of the opposition, be it political innocence or naivety, was placed on the jugement of these sinster diplomats. Now we are Harvesting the Fruits of a Misplaced Trust.

Ethiopians must peacefully rise up again and again and again ....until they free themselves from the jaws of the beast. Freedom is costly yet cheaper than barbaric injustice and lifeless soul.

Email: shyohannes@yahoo.com

City: nashville

Re: We Are Harvesting the Fruits of Misplaced Trust

STOP HYPOCRATIC CRY!

To Gebreselassie Zemariame

History will tell!. I hope we will live long enough to tell as to who is HYPOCRATIC

According to your confusion, I don’t think we will live longer and learn from our mistakes brother.

Lemma, i agree with you in one thing

where there are day light killers in that land, I dont blame you if sound pessimistic about living longer to tell the tale

Well said yohannes,

I couldn't say it any better.

But I still beleive there is a room for the opposition to come out of their naivity and turn their face back to the people. The Premier has now even dared to warn the opposition. It reflects that he has the upper hand, as of now, and has come out of all the scrutiny and seemingly 'end of the end' period.

The opposition must UNITE even more than all times.

The opposition must work hand in hand with civic organisations and NGOs like ETA, EHRC, CRDA, EEA etc.

The power of the opposition is, and has always been, the people. They should make use of that.

Kinjit,
Yes in all my heart, We have no other feasibile choice but to unite and resist tyrany

Yohannes you are, right.

Why Tim Clark (intermediator) ordered the opposition what to do next? CAN HE ORDER ANY? WHY? WHY?

If so, WHY DIDN'T HE ORDER Meles when so many people are still killed, harrased, jailed, threatened by him??

IS THAT INTEMEDIATOR position??

The Ethiopian people did not go to the polls expecting that the EU will deliver them their freedom. The ordinary Ethiopian voter does not even know who the EU are, and as far as they are cocerned EU does not exist.

Yes, the views of EU matter in that, it is an approval to continue providing aid to the Zenawi and his regime and armed with more money, the repression by the regime will get even more brutal.

But the fundamental problems remain.EU or Clarke have not solved any thing apart from making the situation worse for the regime. They have failed to see the regime is dying, rotten to the core with corruption, deception and with no grain of trust left to keep itself with the Ethiopian people.

The regime is one that has waged war on the Ethiopian people by stealing their votes. It is a regime that has massacred our people who asked for their voice to be heard and their rights repected. This is a regime continually violating human rights and has no bounds for its brutality and abuse. No body has addressed these issues. Are we going to fold our arms and walk away. It is foolish to expect the Ethiopian people to lie down by the threat of force.

The Ethioipian people have to be consulted what action should be taken next. The opposition parties who, our people have voted for have a responsibility to consult with the public before the next course of action is taken. With out the participation of the public on such important issues for which they fought and suffered for years, there can not be any conclusion. No conclusion can be final that does not include the Ethiopian people.

The mass media, which is run by the tax payers money should be open for discussion to allow the public to interact with their political representatives.